Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Deathface posted:

I burged too. Served on tinfoil on an empty album case because I'm drunk and lazy.

1. That burger looks very good.
2. That serving style is actually extremely dope, imho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
When you get a tomato the same diameter as the bun :wiggle:

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
agreed thats a good looking burg and nothing wrong with wrapping it in tin foil. it's actually a p. good way to serve a burg

janssendalt
May 7, 2015

Deathface posted:

I burged too. Served on tinfoil on an empty album case because I'm drunk and lazy.

That looks incredible.
What did you do to the bread, did you pass it by the pan?

I'm new to the forums, and someone suggested I come by GWS, but I was not expecting a thread dedicated to burgers.
I love this. Beer guides, beer homebrewing threads, burger recipes, pizza cooking techniques... holy poo poo, this is heaven.

This is my definition of a good weekend:

I cooked it this past Saturday with the best materials I could get on a supermarket here in Beijing, China.

(sorry for the potato quality photos)

janssendalt fucked around with this message at 14:40 on May 19, 2015

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

janssendalt posted:

I'm new to the forums, and someone suggested I come by GWS

shhhh... this is actually a gbs thread

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

I see a good future ahead for you, burg in peace

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Sizone posted:

shhhh... this is actually a gbs thread

This thread is built of the loving marriage between GWS and GBS.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

bartolimu posted:

This thread is built of the loving marriage between GWS and GBS.

This thread is the child of two divorced parents that was forced to live with it's drunk father

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

What about the extremely basic classic grill burg where it's just a patty between 2 buns and you can add ketchup if you want but it's not required?

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I ate a patty last night where slices of tomato were subbed for the buns due to my girlfriends new diet

so you can't do much worse than that

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Fetus Tree posted:

This thread is the child of two divorced parents that was forced to live with it's drunk father

Not at all, the child chose its own fate. The OP requested the move.

You're being very unhelpful and angry, Fetus Tree. Have you burged lately?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

a large trout posted:

I ate a patty last night where slices of tomato were subbed for the buns due to my girlfriends new diet

RIP my dude.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

a large trout posted:

I recoiled at this mental image

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

a large trout posted:

Sever

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Do you guys toast your buns with butter or mayo?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Palpek posted:

What about the extremely basic classic grill burg where it's just a patty between 2 buns and you can add ketchup if you want but it's not required?

Sounds good to me! (If I only did one topping it would be a good cheese or mustard though)

Norns posted:

Toast with butter, then add mayo!

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Norns posted:

yeah butter how do you toast it with mayo? that would be feral

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
im about to burg

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

good luck brother

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Big Willy Style posted:

yeah butter how do you toast it with mayo? that would be feral

You put mayo on it and apply heat. I make grilled cheese with mayo all the time.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Norns posted:

If I have some softened butter, I'll use that. If not, mayo (then I add more mayo during burg construction because mayo is good on a burg).

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I use mayo on grilled cheese sometime instead of margarine

But im not gonna lie most of the time i ever make one, I want that mother fucker dripping butter

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

so you all put mayo on the side that is in contact with the pan?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I dip the entire bun in mayo

(yes)

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

and you had the audacity to mock eggs on a burger

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Norns posted:

Bacon grease.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Big Willy Style posted:

and you had the audacity to mock eggs on a burger

The parentheses was the answer to your question

I've used mayo to grease my grill, in a pinch :shrug:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

RideTheSpiral fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 19, 2015

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I do this too, but I don't always have it on hand.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Fetus Tree posted:

The parentheses was the answer to your question

I've used mayo to grease my grill, in a pinch :shrug:

Yeah, I understood you. You use mayonaise as you would oil to fry. I have never encountered this ever.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Big Willy Style posted:

Yeah, I understood you. You use mayonaise as you would oil to fry. I have never encountered this ever.

Try it.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Big Willy Style posted:

Then no, you didn't understand me. Spreading mayo on one side of a bun and putting it on a pan is hardly 'using mayo as you would oil'

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

When I worked at Five Guys, we toasted the hamburger buns without anything on them just on the flattop, but for those customers who asked for grilled cheese, we used a thin layer of mayo which griddles up to a beautiful golden brown. This is because Five Guys doesn't use butter of any kind, and they're not going to stock it just for the twelve grilled cheeses they sell per day. No one can tell the different and it works quite beautifully.

Of course when I worked there I griddled the buns for my employee meal with mayo and had a triple patty burger. It was great, until after I quit working there I swore off burgs for 18 months...couldn't even look at them.

Now I am rehabilitated, and frequently burg like any normal person should.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

How burgers are still served in the first hamburger restaurant in the US and where allegedly the burg was invented - Louis' Lunch:

They serve it without any sauce as they believe it's a too intense taste that dominates the meat.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

I can appreciate a good minimalist burg.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Would

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Palpek posted:

How burgers are still served in the first hamburger restaurant in the US and where allegedly the burg was invented - Louis' Lunch:

They serve it without any sauce as they believe it's a too intense taste that dominates the meat.

I've seen a documentary about them. Overall I'd say: would

On the other hand: orthodoxy by itself is not necessarily a good thing. even in traditional food.

they should chill the gently caress out imo.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Fetus Tree posted:

Then no, you didn't understand me. Spreading mayo on one side of a bun and putting it on a pan is hardly 'using mayo as you would oil'

Yes I understood, you are using mayo as you would oil or butter as a lubricant and frying agent.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The Midniter posted:

When I worked at Five Guys, we toasted the hamburger buns without anything on them just on the flattop, but for those customers who asked for grilled cheese, we used a thin layer of mayo which griddles up to a beautiful golden brown. This is because Five Guys doesn't use butter of any kind, and they're not going to stock it just for the twelve grilled cheeses they sell per day. No one can tell the different and it works quite beautifully.

Of course when I worked there I griddled the buns for my employee meal with mayo and had a triple patty burger. It was great, until after I quit working there I swore off burgs for 18 months...couldn't even look at them.

Now I am rehabilitated, and frequently burg like any normal person should.

Interesting. Will try this for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Big Willy Style posted:

Yes I understood, you are using mayo as you would oil or butter as a lubricant and frying agent.

The fact that you've never heard of anybody doing that is indicative more about you than anything about me

• Locked thread