Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Echeveria posted:

I did their size calculator and they said I'd be a L/XL :colbert: I'm worried because it says xs for underbust and waist size and then I hit cup size and it jumps to xl. It doesn't actually even have the right cup size, as it only goes to DD and I am a 32DDD. I'm 6 feet and quite gangly, boobs aside. If I'm sizing for my boobs, it might not fit right in the rest of the shirt.

Triple d is a real thing? I thought it went to e after dd. just posting to humble brag about my gfs good tits. Thank u.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Clothing humblebrags are best humblebrags.

Ugh why can't they make a men's dress shirt that's narrow in the waist and HUGE in the biceps? It's soooo annoying :smuggo:

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Ugh why can't they make a men's dress shirt that's narrow in the waist and HUGE in the biceps? It's soooo annoying :smuggo:

this is why I only wear tank tops

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

It depends on the brand. The biggest cup size victoria secret carries in my band size is a ddd. Beyond that, I have to go to a specialty lingerie store and buy either ddd or e cups. It's basically the same thing, I think, except ddd is probably marketed to make people feel like they don't have enormously huge tits. Keeping in mind that cup size is relevant to band size. Thankfully, I look reasonably proportioned.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I would rather have smaller tits, no word of a lie. Like I said, they look proportioned on me but dresses are always too tight and uncomfortable in the top. Empire tops don't ever fit. I'll make it even worse and say I wish my legs were shorter, too.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Echeveria posted:

It depends on the brand. The biggest cup size victoria secret carries in my band size is a ddd. Beyond that, I have to go to a specialty lingerie store and buy either ddd or e cups. It's basically the same thing, I think, except ddd is probably marketed to make people feel like they don't have enormously huge tits. Keeping in mind that cup size is relevant to band size. Thankfully, I look reasonably proportioned.

I would rather have smaller tits, no word of a lie. Like I said, they look proportioned on me but dresses are always too tight and uncomfortable in the top. Empire tops don't ever fit. I'll make it even worse and say I wish my legs were shorter, too.

My wife has the same complaints and she's only a DD. Her other complaint is that barring ordering online or going to specialty stores, the only bras she can find that fit are either really boring or straight up looking like a bra for a 60 year old. The other problem is that she won't wear anything with any real padding because she doesn't need it. Suit jackets are tough on her because she's like a size 6 in the waist and a 12 when you have to fit her chest in.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Echeveria posted:

I did their size calculator and they said I'd be a L/XL :colbert: I'm worried because it says xs for underbust and waist size and then I hit cup size and it jumps to xl. It doesn't actually even have the right cup size, as it only goes to DD and I am a 32DDD. I'm 6 feet and quite gangly, boobs aside. If I'm sizing for my boobs, it might not fit right in the rest of the shirt.

I got an XL, and it fit pretty snug, but its supposed to. The tail of the shirt was long enough to go down past my hips, and thats where it grabs you and holds you up - so you may be able to go XL. I think the places where the size matters are shoulders/chest and overall length, and not so much in the midsection.

You're going to look like a Crying Game stunt double.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Echeveria posted:

I'll make it even worse and say I wish my legs were shorter, too.

I'm a 6'8 male and having no choice in the matter I feel terribly angered that someone tall would wish they were shorter. Even though it would make nearly every aspect of life easier

The world needs taller women!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Since we are talking about things I enjoy, let me give you my clothing woes. Lost a bunch of weight and don't feel like going through the pain of body re-sculpting my loose stuff away makes men's shirts hell. If the shirt is tight in my shoulders, I have visible gut. If I go a size up, it looks like I'm wearing a tent.

Yes, I could go under the knife and get the poo poo taken off, so I really only have myself to blame, but I just don't want to.

So, it's hosed up fat/skin belly for the forseeable future.

Oh gently caress and Pants. Holy poo poo pants are the worst. 36-32 fits me perfect. Then you look above the belt line and poo poo just goes wonkers.

NotAnArtist posted:

The world needs taller women!

Yes.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
My old sunglasses broke, so time for a new cheap pair:

And for smoking:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

rockcity posted:

My wife has the same complaints and she's only a DD. Her other complaint is that barring ordering online or going to specialty stores, the only bras she can find that fit are either really boring or straight up looking like a bra for a 60 year old. The other problem is that she won't wear anything with any real padding because she doesn't need it. Suit jackets are tough on her because she's like a size 6 in the waist and a 12 when you have to fit her chest in.

I feel ya, my wife has a lot of trouble too because her breasts are large but she is thin, and she continuously gets mistaken for Giselle Bundchen which really gets frustrating

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Bogan Krkic posted:

I feel ya, my wife has a lot of trouble too because her breasts are large but she is thin, and she continuously gets mistaken for Giselle Bundchen which really gets frustrating

:agreed:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

My wife gets confused with penelope cruz and totally isn't imaginary

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Wife talk in the PYF recent purchase thread. Meta, as, gently caress.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

rockcity posted:

You should treat your wife to a proper bra fitting because an actual DD cup isn't going to be that large on a size 6 frame. Also, there are loving loads and loads of cute bras for larger sizes, so long as you're not just shopping at like, Macy's.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Does anyone remember those rad little toy monster trucks where you'd push them and they'd roll over pretty much anything? They weren't battery powered but the gearing or whatever gave them a lot of torque. I'm trying to find one on Amazon for my kid but I'm having a hell of a time. All I see are the pull back and go versions. I want the torquey kind.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Phone dock

Glock sight tool (I was told to buy one, instead of using the usual hammer+punch tool

Seat armrest gap ... filler ... things. So I can stop having to fish poo poo out from under the drivers seat

Buncha pocket squares

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Do you know how hard it is to find all-natural-fiber dress shirts for a 5'11" 42F girl engineer?

(I'm a 42B with the opposite problem, a fatty fat fat liberal arts grad with a smoking hot girlfriend.)

:smuggo:

In other news, it's the time of year when Arby's makes a weekly contribution to my fatty fat fat-ness:

Not the one I purchased but an incredible simulation.

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?

Clown Shoes. Wouldn't wear them in public but really liking them at the gym since I like working out barefoot but dislike foot fungus and the extra grip is pretty nice while squatting, deadlifting, whatever.

Kona Paddy Wagon. Only the 2015 version. It's awesome.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

General Emergency posted:

Clown Shoes. Wouldn't wear them in public but really liking them at the gym since I like working out barefoot but dislike foot fungus and the extra grip is pretty nice while squatting, deadlifting, whatever.

Prepare yourself for the following posts.

Also I hated mine, they lasted less than 3 months and started falling apart... horrible quality

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable

Bought more chairs since I more than 8 coming for dinner only for someone to cancel. :argh:

And to start off dinner:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

General Emergency posted:

Dumb shoes based on dumb quack science. That is all.

Sappo569 posted:

Prepare yourself for the following posts.

Still needed to be said.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Crain posted:

Dumb shoes based on dumb quack science. That is all.

Still needed to be said.

He didn't say he got them for barefoot running, which is what the quack science is about.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm a fan of the vibram material though. My Chippewa Apache boots uses Vibram for the sole and I have put it though hell.

Tourette Meltdown
Sep 11, 2001

Most people with Tourette Syndrome are able to hold jobs and lead full lives. But not you.

Car.

Books.

I'm getting in on my favorite local farmer's CSA box and a local butcher's monthly meat deal, too, but I don't have pics of those! $200 well spent.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

An LLC, a bottle of prosecco, and a cigar. I already had the grass fed steak at home.

already earned enough to cover startup costs :dance:

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

You should treat your wife to a proper bra fitting because an actual DD cup isn't going to be that large on a size 6 frame. Also, there are loving loads and loads of cute bras for larger sizes, so long as you're not just shopping at like, Macy's.

I've honestly tried. I'm pretty sure she's not wearing the right size, but I have a feeling the size she should be wearing will be even harder for her to find bras in a normal store. That and apparently she got fitted when she was pretty young and hated the experience and it's sort of stuck with her. The one time she was sort of fitted for something along those lines was when we were on a vacation down in Key Largo and stumbled on a woman's bathing suit store that advertized having a big range of sizes. All of their sizing was in UK so her size was something strange, but I remember thinking it converted to something different than what she's wearing now. But yeah, that's her problem about shopping too. She won't even be looking for bras, but we'll be somewhere like Target and she'll see a bra display with something that looks nice and it won't come in anything bigger than a C, maybe a D at best.

Alright, real content. I bought a bunch of cabinet dampers to convert my kitchen cabinets to soft close.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

visuvius posted:

Does anyone remember those rad little toy monster trucks where you'd push them and they'd roll over pretty much anything? They weren't battery powered but the gearing or whatever gave them a lot of torque. I'm trying to find one on Amazon for my kid but I'm having a hell of a time. All I see are the pull back and go versions. I want the torquey kind.

Pretty sure I know what you mean, and have one back home. I can find it when I go back in a few days and look more closely. With mine you would hold it and get the wheels moving by pushing it along the ground a few times. Then when you have the wheels moving and you're holding it in the air, push a button, and it would put it into gear to peel off when you put it down.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Tourette Meltdown posted:

Books.

I'm getting in on my favorite local farmer's CSA box and a local butcher's monthly meat deal, too, but I don't have pics of those! $200 well spent.

That "Feeling Good" book is like having a second job. Cheers to you if you can get through it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

rockcity posted:

I've honestly tried. I'm pretty sure she's not wearing the right size, but I have a feeling the size she should be wearing will be even harder for her to find bras in a normal store. That and apparently she got fitted when she was pretty young and hated the experience and it's sort of stuck with her. The one time she was sort of fitted for something along those lines was when we were on a vacation down in Key Largo and stumbled on a woman's bathing suit store that advertized having a big range of sizes. All of their sizing was in UK so her size was something strange, but I remember thinking it converted to something different than what she's wearing now. But yeah, that's her problem about shopping too. She won't even be looking for bras, but we'll be somewhere like Target and she'll see a bra display with something that looks nice and it won't come in anything bigger than a C, maybe a D at best.

She needs a real fitting, most people do. I live in the Midwest but still get my bras when I return periodically to Oregon because there's a shop in Corvallis of all places that knows what it's doing. It's the difference between chronic pain and being functional.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
Got a giant mug tankard for probably coffee and other hot drinks. There are only 1500 of them in the world!

I don't care about that though, I just think it's cool v:shobon:v

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Pick posted:

She needs a real fitting, most people do. I live in the Midwest but still get my bras when I return periodically to Oregon because there's a shop in Corvallis of all places that knows what it's doing. It's the difference between chronic pain and being functional.

I've tried to convince her of that, but she's really stubborn and doesn't seem interested in doing it. She's really weird about interacting with sales people in stores for some reason, which is odd because she's not a shy person at all. It's just people in stores.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

rockcity posted:

I've tried to convince her of that, but she's really stubborn and doesn't seem interested in doing it. She's really weird about interacting with sales people in stores for some reason, which is odd because she's not a shy person at all. It's just people in stores.

Check out reddit's abrathatfits forum, or our own bra thread in ylls. You can do fittings at home! My brand recommendations are Cleo, Freya, and Tutti Rouge, they're always really cute like what you would find in Target (my favorite Freya bra is beige, but it's definitely not matronly), and Cleo and Tutti Rouge are pretty affordable!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Pick posted:

Seconding this, a good bra is the difference between being able to stand in place and do things for 20 minutes before the pain sets in, and being able to stand and do things all day pain free. It's worth it.

Sizes will also vary wildly from place to place though despite what's written on the tags. [ Link, Dailymail and mildly :nws: ]

Today I bought lightbulbs for new lamps, lightbulbs are annoying and difficult to buy. Apparently I needed an SES 140 and an E14 or something. I got the expensive 20 year ones and a receipt so hopefully I never have to do that again.

Nettle Soup has a new favorite as of 18:04 on May 19, 2015

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

$75 Home Depot gift card, because AmEx has a promo where if you spend $75 at Home Depot, you get $15 in credit back.

I'm planning on buying a house in the fall, so there's no way this won't get used then.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

tool

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

visuvius posted:

You want a "Flywheel Toy Car" Something like this but a car?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NFXOlQcp6s

Edit: Amazon has some and this one the profits go to forest rehabilitation or something in Brazil.

Trastion has a new favorite as of 20:22 on May 19, 2015

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Treat yo self.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

visuvius posted:

I think you want something like these.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00B8...l0eL&ref=plSrch

screech on the beach has a new favorite as of 20:46 on May 19, 2015

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Nephzinho posted:

Treat yo self.

They replaced all the old chairs with these in my old job, they're really uncomfortable for long periods of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

beato posted:

They replaced all the old chairs with these in my old job, they're really uncomfortable for long periods of time.

Mine's unbelievably fantastic. Sounds like yours weren't set up right.