Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

zen death robot posted:

This is why chat threads are bad
Really? I think this is why they're great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
I think I got Witcher burnout by replaying 1+2 rushing to get to 3. Now I don't want to play 3 because it plays like 2, 2 played like hell :/

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

zen death robot posted:

This is why chat threads are bad

it's either chat threads or megathreads, such is life in the games forum

chriscalvert1982
Oct 6, 2013
I've just tried evolve and it runs like a dream on my rig but would really like to get into some sort of a gaming community. Checked the new eve online vids out looked amazing. Think it's time to give that ago.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

chriscalvert1982 posted:

I've just tried evolve and it runs like a dream on my rig but would really like to get into some sort of a gaming community. Checked the new eve online vids out looked amazing. Think it's time to give that ago.

Should go play that new open world survival game I keep seeing ads for, I heard goons are doing some epic things to people's butts :)

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

chriscalvert1982 posted:

both of those are bad

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Get Killing Floor 2 instead.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I went and saw Mad Max last night, and it reminded me of how much Borderlands sucks balls

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

theultimo posted:

I think I got Witcher burnout by replaying 1+2 rushing to get to 3. Now I don't want to play 3 because it plays like 2, 2 played like hell :/

It plays better than 2,and isnt crap

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

chriscalvert1982 posted:

just play diablo 3 on your ps4 like a normal person weirdo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FAU made a few jokes which were the equivalent of place a baseball on a tee, and then Taint Reaper knocked it into the infield, where a bunch of people began to squabble of it. i don't know, this metaphor ran away from me, but lots of people just got taint reaped.

Chat threads and millenials are both cool. though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

FAU made a few jokes which were the equivalent of place a baseball on a tee, and then Taint Reaper knocked it into the infield, where a bunch of people began to squabble of it. i don't know, this metaphor ran away from me, but lots of people just got taint reaped.

Oh, okay.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

they can't all be Shakespeare

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

program666 posted:

it's either chat threads or megathreads, such is life in the games forum

I recently got hooked on the Trad Games Best/Worst experiences thread. Made me laugh like hell. I thought it would be fun to create something similar here but then I realized it would be like "that time we got high and played guitar hero and jennifer spilled her pepsi and it was really funny"

"Gooniest game rig/game cave" would be fun but that's already been explored a bunch in PYF

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

bloodychill posted:

I recently got hooked on the Trad Games Best/Worst experiences thread. Made me laugh like hell. I thought it would be fun to create something similar here but then I realized it would be like "that time we got high and played guitar hero and jennifer spilled her pepsi and it was really funny"

"Gooniest game rig/game cave" would be fun but that's already been explored a bunch in PYF

Wow, big slander on Jennifer out of nowhere! Everyone knows it would be that clod, Adrian, who would spill his Pepsi, probably on the microphone since he always insists on being the vocalist!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Bicyclops posted:

Wow, big slander on Jennifer out of nowhere! Everyone knows it would be that clod, Adrian, who would spill his Pepsi, probably on the microphone since he always insists on being the vocalist!

gently caress Jennifer, yeah i said it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
xenia's death scene in goldeneye should have been more like in goldeneye for the nintendo 64

OBJECTIVE B: COMPLETED

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Broseph Brostar posted:

I went and saw Mad Max last night, and it reminded me of how much Borderlands sucks balls

Same, except instead of seeing Mad Max I played Borderlands for five minutes

Just kidding why would I do that

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i think most people are actually sane and normal and cool and the only reason anyone thinks the world is full of vore enthusiast trigger warning "die cis scum" metrotenuous flaxbehavioral internagrogmols is because they live 95% of their life online

:shrug:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wow, I read every word in that post, and didn't think it was extremely stupid at all.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That's the first time I've ever seen a two-line post be tl;dr.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Bicyclops posted:

i then took the baseball bat and rip off your glasses and smash them you nerd

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's the first time I've ever seen a two-line post be tl;dr.

:drat:

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
There are people in this thread who would break down in sobs and mash the report button if someone used "rape" as a verb to describe beating someone at a video game

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Adam Bowen posted:

There are people in this thread who would break down in sobs and mash the report button if someone used "rape" as a verb to describe beating someone at a video game

And reddit just added this policy on their site, I can't wait.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Adam Bowen posted:

good

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Adam Bowen posted:

the vast majority of people don't give a poo poo about either side of this and only people who spend all of their time on the internet do

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

bloodychill posted:

the vast majority of people don't give a poo poo about either side of this and only people who spend all of their time on the internet do

I feel like the vast majority of people probably think its a little immature and offputting how much teenage boys and internet people say fag and friend of the family and rape and stuff, tho

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I've never met anyone in real life who even knows what trigger warning, gamergate, vore etc. even means, including the mentally ill.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I feel that the proper reaction to the word "gamergate" being said out loud in any kind of serious context is laughter.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ekster posted:

I've never met anyone in real life who even knows what trigger warning, gamergate, vore etc. even means, including the mentally ill.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I feel like the vast majority of people probably think its a little immature and offputting how much teenage boys and internet people say fag and friend of the family and rape and stuff, tho

bloodychill posted:

:agreed:

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
I've heard of vore , at least it's not crotch boobs .

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

theultimo posted:

crotch boobs .

wtf? like udders on a cow?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

itt goons try to figure out what normal people are like

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I heard normal people like things and have fun, it's terrible

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I was talking to a normal the other day and he said he liked Final Fantasy and as the conversation went on it was revealed that he had played and liked almost every one of them from 1 to 13. He had preferences and complaints but never reached a point where he felt personally betrayed by the series, and also he wasn't at all familiar with the ones that were released only in Japan. He liked the stories a lot.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jon Do posted:

itt goons try to figure out what normal people are like

to be fair it's easier than figuring out why people are so specifically hosed up as to be sexually aroused by drawings of animals eating each other

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I know another normal whose favorite series is Uncharted. He asked me how I felt about Destiny a couple of weeks after it came out and I told him how it was pretty fun on a very basic level but explained the various flaws in the wannabe MMO aspects of the game and told him he should hold out for a sale because once the main storyline is finished it's not worth continuing into all of the grindy endgame crap. He bought it full price shortly after that and hasn't touched another game since.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Adam Bowen posted:

I know another normal whose favorite series is Uncharted. He asked me how I felt about Destiny a couple of weeks after it came out and I told him how it was pretty fun on a very basic level but explained the various flaws in the wannabe MMO aspects of the game and told him he should hold out for a sale because once the main storyline is finished it's not worth continuing into all of the grindy endgame crap. He bought it full price shortly after that and hasn't touched another game since.

maybe he's not normal and instead stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Motto posted:

I heard normal people like things and have fun

i had some troubling news :smith:

• Locked thread