Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

GrandpaPants posted:

(maybe it's the costuming?)

The music cues and shots framing them looking conspiratorially over her don't help, nor does it help that apparently they only hired Hiddleston to remind people that he was Loki-- a deceitful, charming weasel--in one of the most watched movies of the last 5 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

teagone posted:

Do upfronts normally get released publicly?

Yes, for every network.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Deadpool posted:

Yes, for every network.

Ahh, I see. So the 5 minute Flash trailer was also an upfront? I can't recall seeing the one for Arrow (I just learned what an upfront is today).

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Upfronts are used to sell the show to the network. If it gets picked up they're often turned into the trailer, either by the trailer house or internally. We did like ten upfronts and a really good amount were picked up as shows which means we did a good job (sort of). One show we did didn't get picked up but will probably go to another network because it's awesome. (Sneaky Pete).

edit: we didn't turn our upfront into that trailer, it was done by someone else.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bAWWmLfkWo

I can't wait

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgzWjjfAiNI

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I feel like we could all learn a lot from Kazaam.

bruckner
Sep 11, 2010
if Chris Nolan directed Groundhog Day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibazpVVEhkw

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Lol, Michael Fassbender looks nothing like Steve Jobs. Will still probably be good though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzHGKEBGDJo

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Michael Fassbender and Ashton Kutcher are definitely what the cult of Steve Jobs thinks he looked like.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

Michael Fassbender and Ashton Kutcher are definitely what the cult of Steve Jobs thinks he looked like.

Christian Bale has a way stronger resemblance to Jobs. Universal hosed up by letting him walk. Bale would have totally gone super method in the role too.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

teagone posted:

Christian Bale has a way stronger resemblance to Jobs. Universal hosed up by letting him walk. Bale would have totally gone super method in the role too.

I think Fassbender will be just as good honestly. They're both top notch actors.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kutcher looks more like Jobs than Fassbender does, but Fassbender is a far stronger actor than Kutcher and Danny Boyle has proven time and time again that he's a far stronger director than whatever dude directed Jobs.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

BonoMan posted:

I think Fassbender will be just as good honestly. They're both top notch actors.

I don't doubt Fassbender will turn in a great performance and I'm sure the film will be solid because Boyle is aces. I just think resemblance is pretty important when it comes to casting for a biopic. Fassbender really just looks like he dressed up as Steve Jobs for a Halloween party. The physical dissimilarity he has with Jobs is pretty distracting imo.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It looks pretty good.
I mean better than the Ashton Kutcher one. I won't see it though.
I'll see a movie about Zuckerberg, but not Steve Jobs. :colbert:

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 01:05 on May 18, 2015

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I'll see a movie about Zuckerberg, but not Steve Jobs. :colbert:

To be fair, The Social Network had one hell of a trailer.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

teagone posted:

Show looks ok, but I spent the last couple hours cutting this together for fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3dkwFObqSM

The original trailer turned me off the show but I think you did a great job with yours.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

teagone posted:

Lol, Michael Fassbender looks nothing like Steve Jobs. Will still probably be good though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzHGKEBGDJo

Oh, Danny Boyle? Time to spin the roulette wheel to see if this is going to be one of his I love or dislike.

With Sorkin writing its might be dislike. I liked the social network but god his voice is so obnoxious in his other works I don't know how anyone stands it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Maybe they'll do the part where Jobs worked at Atari and everybody hated because of how obnoxious he was. Or when he tricked Woz out of money.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Is this movie canon with the Social Network Cinematic Universe?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Aaron Sorkin is writing? Time to make a checklist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S78RzZr3IwI

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

mr.capps posted:

Oh, Danny Boyle? Time to spin the roulette wheel to see if this is going to be one of his I love or dislike.

With Sorkin writing its might be dislike. I liked the social network but god his voice is so obnoxious in his other works I don't know how anyone stands it.

Yeahhhh. Sorkin's writing is so masturbatory that combining it with Apple might be the biggest circle jerk ever.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

teagone posted:

I don't doubt Fassbender will turn in a great performance and I'm sure the film will be solid because Boyle is aces. I just think resemblance is pretty important when it comes to casting for a biopic. Fassbender really just looks like he dressed up as Steve Jobs for a Halloween party. The physical dissimilarity he has with Jobs is pretty distracting imo.

Most people just know steve jobs as a skinny bald rear end in a top hat in a black turtleneck.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

BonoMan posted:

Yeahhhh. Sorkin's writing is so masturbatory that combining it with Apple might be the biggest circle jerk ever.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
If you ever watch Mortal Kombat and then immediately start the sequel it's super funny seeing Christopher Lambert being replaced with a completely different actor wearing the wig. That's what Fassbender in the Jobs movie makes me think of.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Hughmoris posted:

The original trailer turned me off the show but I think you did a great job with yours.

Oh hey, thanks :D

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Maybe they'll do the part where Jobs worked at Atari and everybody hated because of how obnoxious he was. Or when he tricked Woz out of money.

It sounds like they stuck with the original Fincher / Sorkin script, which is a three-scene thing that shows Jobs backstage prior to, as I recall, the launches of the Macintosh, the NeXT computer and the iMac.

So ... yeah, it's going to be the most masturbatory thing ever.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Timby posted:

It sounds like they stuck with the original Fincher / Sorkin script, which is a three-scene thing that shows Jobs backstage prior to, as I recall, the launches of the Macintosh, the NeXT computer and the iMac.

I somehow doubt that Sorkin is going to be completely uncritical of the man, given The Social Network.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I love Aaron Sorkin's writing.

Y'all haters.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Right? Dude wrote Moneyball, Malice, The American President, A Few Good Men and The Social Network. Say what you want about his TV shows but that's a hell of a track record.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

LesterGroans posted:

Right? Dude wrote Moneyball, Malice, The American President, A Few Good Men and The Social Network. Say what you want about his TV shows but that's a hell of a track record.

The West Wing was mostly amazing. :colbert:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I liked the newsroom :smith:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The real question about this Jobs movie is who will portray Jonathan Ive. The one in the Kutcher movie had a very punchable face, so that was some excellent casting. Will they top that?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

so, one good movie then

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

so, one good movie then

this is the most :goonsay: thing ever

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

this is the most :goonsay: thing ever

huh, i didn't know Moneyball would bring out such passionate defenders.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Timby posted:

The movie is basically about his expulsion from apple, his failed NEXT venture, his return to apple and how he basically the worlds largest dick to his daughter and woz. I don't think it'll be very kind to him.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

FCKGW posted:

The movie is basically about his expulsion from apple, his failed NEXT venture, his return to apple and how he basically the worlds largest dick to his daughter and woz. I don't think it'll be very kind to him.

If it's about his return to Apple who is playing Gates for the begging scene.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Here's our trailer for Pixels. We beat out 9 other trailer houses for it and then suffered about a month of unbelievable Sony nonsense to get what we could into the trailer without them screwing it up. This movie is funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIOcWZOQL5M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

so, one good movie then

laaaaaame

• Locked thread