Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

advanced statsman posted:

The dream is over for Marseille I guess

turns out I've been a fan of *checks table* Olympique Lyonnais all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Still holding out for an RC Lens miracle

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

julian assflange posted:

Still holding out for an RC Lens miracle

Welp! I should read l'equipe a bit more often I forgot about the ruling that automatically relegates them due to the funny money :smith:

Sneaks McDevious fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Apr 19, 2015

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

According to France Football, Marseille will sell Florian Thauvin out if they get a 'halfway decent' offer

Tokyo Sexwale fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 24, 2015

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

where can i bet on marseille not getting any more points this season

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

lol marseille

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i haven't payed much attention to the french league this year but when did marseille's defense turn into wet noodles?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Mans posted:

i haven't payed much attention to the french league this year but when did marseille's defense turn into wet noodles?

when their one non-wasteman centreback was away at AFCON and then got hurt, so Bielsa used two converted full-backs (or defensive midfielders) instead

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

and let's be honest, the defense wasn't great shakes before n'koulou got crocked

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

that's what makes me mad about Bielsa's refusal to play Doria. I don't see how that could have made things worse - it's not like Romao is a centre-back either.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah but they went from dreaming about the title to four losses in a row. I'm shocked.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

For Marseille to live up to their ambitions they honestly need a complete overhaul imo - you can't build consistent success when the ultras run things like they do at Marseille (Labrune was an ultra and so was Anigo). They're stuck because Marguerite Louis-Dreyfus can't sell it while the ultras run rampant but she doesn't seem to have the willpower to force them out.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
PSG are champs :what:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

paris are scum

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
They're in line to win the first domestic treble ever, too.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

They are and this is deeply upsetting to me.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
this league is bullshit and garbage

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Homework Explainer posted:

They are and this is deeply upsetting to me.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sochaux are being taken over by some Chinese consortium.

Thats all

Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

There's only going to be 2 teams moving up and down in Ligue 1/2 starting next year. Who cares? Not me. This year the other Ajaccio team, Troyes, and Angers are moving up. They're probably all really bad.

Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

As of right now OM has the last CL spot (for the preliminary rounds). They have to win and Monaco has to not win.

Edit: And right after Monaco goes up. I doubt Lorient can score so hope lasted about 2 minutes.

Method Mango fucked around with this message at 20:22 on May 23, 2015

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Lorient are insanely bad so there's no way Monaco are not winning

Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

Monaco has been owned by the refs like 5 times, so maybe something really funny will happen at the end.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
this league is a joke

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

this league is a joke

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Gazelec

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

L'Equipe named Divock Origi and Florian Thauvin to their worst team of the season lol

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Forgot to mention this but Bielsa renewed his contract with OM so we'll have a fun first half of the season at least

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Get owned Monaco

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33465304

French court ends Monaco tax agreement with French league

A court in France has abolished an agreement between Monaco and the French football league (FFF) that gave the club exemption from a 75% 'super tax'.

Monaco paid 50m euros to the FFF in 2014 in a bid to end calls for the club to relocate its offices to France from the principality, which is a tax haven.

Relocation would have seen Monaco pay the same tax as other clubs in Ligue 1.

France's highest administrative court now says the deal between the league and club is "irregular and illicit".

The Conseil d'Etat said it would allow the two parties four months to resolve the issue so as not to disrupt organisation of next season's competitions, with the ruling taking effect in October.

Thursday's announcement follows complaints from rival clubs - including the likes of Marseille and Paris St-Germain - who have been affected by the introduction of a law enforcing a 75% tax rate on individual annual incomes in France exceeding 1m euros, including those of footballers.

Monaco's exemption from that tax makes it an attractive proposition for players, who take home their full salaries.

Monaco have played in the French league for more than a century and have been champions seven times, most recently in 2000.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
none of them have the 75% super tax anymore that's an awful article

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

poo poo Farm posted:

none of them have the 75% super tax anymore that's an awful article

Monaco will still go from 0% to 60% (or whatever it is), which seems like a big deal for when they want to sign new players and extend contracts.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if Monaco was a super attractive place to players they wouldn't be buying Benfica's entire youth team due to no one else joining them.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Mans posted:

if Monaco was a super attractive place to players they wouldn't be buying Benfica's entire youth team due to no one else joining them.

El Sha just signed for them, so at least the infirmary must be great.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I think deep down marquee players don't really like mostly-empty stadiums

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Nor playing for the caricature of a football team

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Today's the trophée des champions, which will be played in Canada (lol) between PSG and OL. Almost exciting stuff.

Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

They're about to start this thing again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maria and David Luiz together again makes my heart warm

too bad they're terrible now