Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Bajaha posted:

What the hell happened to selling normal wired mice that aren't poverty spec, tiny "laptop" mice, or blinged out for the 13-y/o gaming crowd. Seriously, almost every drat mouse that's a little bit nicer is wireless or has 10+ buttons. I just want to get something nice with a couple side buttons, nice scroll wheel, and adjustable dpi setting. Or it's all MADDD LED's EVERYWHERE and ANGLES, WOOOO! on a drat mouse. Took my old relaitvely simple Logitech G5 to work since the adjustable dpi is nice when doing CAD work, and it's a bitch to find a nice replacement for home.

Ended up with a Logitech G602, I guess it was time to compromise.

I've had 2 of these thing and maintain they are the best mouse in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I've got the G602 as well. I love it.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I bought a G700s awhile back and liked it a lot. Due to some wrist/should issues, I've switched to a trackball.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Preoptopus posted:

Dude you dont exactly live in the north, get a warm sleeping bag, some booze, and go full blown homeless in a park. Seems way more pleasant.

Too muggy outside, plus lots of storms. Raining sideways at the moment.

Been to the front desk 8 times now. Apparently the person in the room above me is the manager of the place, and keeps swearing her angels aren't running up and down the halls. Got into almost a shouting match with the owner. "You've been here since 6, we can't move you to another room" ("and I've been bitching since 6:15, and asking for a room change since 6:20")

I know it won't do poo poo, but a corporate complaint and a 1 star rating on Yelp make me feel better. And I'll try and get a chargeback done.

First time I've ever called the owner of a place an rear end in a top hat, and that took him walking off while I Was mid-sentence. Walking out of the place now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Why are you in a hotel?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Family stuff that I"d rather not go into.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I got my wife to take a study break and play with the quadcopter too. She crashed it into the couch and broke a propeller, or, in her words, "One of the wings is wonked." :3:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Safety Dance posted:

I got my wife to take a study break and play with the quadcopter too. She crashed it into the couch and broke a propeller, or, in her words, "One of the wings is wonked." :3:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

That's basically my response. They're cheap and meant to break. It's my first foray into multirotors, so now I'm on Amazon finding better propellers! Nine bucks for six!

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

some texas redneck posted:

Too muggy outside, plus lots of storms. Raining sideways at the moment.

Been to the front desk 8 times now. Apparently the person in the room above me is the manager of the place, and keeps swearing her angels aren't running up and down the halls. Got into almost a shouting match with the owner. "You've been here since 6, we can't move you to another room" ("and I've been bitching since 6:15, and asking for a room change since 6:20")

I know it won't do poo poo, but a corporate complaint and a 1 star rating on Yelp make me feel better. And I'll try and get a chargeback done.

First time I've ever called the owner of a place an rear end in a top hat, and that took him walking off while I Was mid-sentence. Walking out of the place now.

option b

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Option C

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

some texas redneck posted:

Family stuff that I"d rather not go into.

Dude you put like $400 worth of poo poo into your parents house every month, I swear you're always working on something there. Take that money and find a cheap room to rent somewhere with decent roommates (read: over 30 and don't do drugs so they won't steal your poo poo).

I go out of my loving skull staying at home for 2 weeks during Christmas and I really like my parents... Bro it's time to :getout:

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

Bajaha posted:

What the hell happened to selling normal wired mice that aren't poverty spec, tiny "laptop" mice, or blinged out for the 13-y/o gaming crowd. Seriously, almost every drat mouse that's a little bit nicer is wireless or has 10+ buttons. I just want to get something nice with a couple side buttons, nice scroll wheel, and adjustable dpi setting. Or it's all MADDD LED's EVERYWHERE and ANGLES, WOOOO! on a drat mouse. Took my old relaitvely simple Logitech G5 to work since the adjustable dpi is nice when doing CAD work, and it's a bitch to find a nice replacement for home.

Ended up with a Logitech G602, I guess it was time to compromise.

I feel your pain. After using MS Intellimouse Explorer products since forever ago, I decided to explore the other options since my current one has become so flaky after six years of abuse. Finally found a relatively inoffensive one with good reviews (and price!) This should be here tomorrow: Etekcity Scroll X1 (M555)

Ordered a different sort of keyboard, too, in order to finally break up with Microsoft Natural keyboards. Initially I decided to go for mechanical, but couldn't find what I had in mind for less than All The Money. So, this arrived today and I'm really digging it: Corsair Raptor K30. Haven't gamed regularly since sobriety, but I'm going to see how I can work the macro button functions into Photoshoop and Sublime Text.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
gently caress it im bored, heres the facebook
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=211703027

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Guys, I'm out of beer but im too drunk to drive to the store. What do I dop?

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Just got back, holy poo poo. My only complaint about Mad Max is that it wasn't loving LOUD ENOUGH!. Can't wait for the Blu ray. There are soooo many scenes I want to play in slow mo.

blk posted:

The wife and I will probably start trying for our first kid this year. Once they're the appropriate age, I'm considering getting a four seat convertible so that we don't have to give up open top motoring as a family.

The problem is that I don't know what the appropriate age is. I saw a little guy in a forward facing car seat in the back of a A4 Cabrio at the last cars and coffee event I went to, so I assume he was 2-4 yrs, but I'm not sure how advisable that is.

I'd like to do whatever is reasonable and responsible without being a worrywart parent that keeps their kid in a plastic bubble. Any thoughts?

I got my divorce convertible when my daughter was 2. Modern ones are fully rollover protected so if you're talking about safety, don't worry about it. The only real problem with 4 seater convertibles is the back seat wind is nightmarish. My daughter rode in the front of my Saab because it had no passenger airbag. When I got my Volvo in 07, she was 5, and she absolutely hated riding in the back, and still does. So I bought an airbag switch and shut it off. Since she was able to ride up front, everything has been fine. She's almost 13, and actually asks to take the convertible if it's warm and sunny out.

Bottom line, unless you're driving slowly, you'll either need the top up or hope they aren't bothered by wind, lots of kids aren't. In my case it was the wind from behind that put her hair in her eyes that really bugged my girl.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

MustardFacial posted:

Start walking or Sober Up.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

MustardFacial posted:

Lyft or ber. Love the iPad autocorrecting left and uber.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

MustardFacial posted:

Gather all empty trophy liquor bottles you got sitting around and pour a drop from each to make a shot. Im serious.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Geoj posted:

Back to job chat - got a call back from the place I had two interviews with last month (third party IT support for K-12 schools)...unfortunately they filled the position they were interviewing for with an internal candidate but they have an hourly position that the VP who interviewed me last time feels I'd be an excellent fit for.

Given how they were dropping hints that there would be a lot of hours I think I'd rather have the opportunity for overtime, also it sounds like this would have much less travel. I'm phone interviewing with the team lead tomorrow. Not the news I was hoping for but better than the usual "position has been filled, have a nice life" response.

:ughh:

Had my phone interview today, went really well - team lead said I sound like a perfect fit for the position, I'm just the type of candidate they're looking for, etc. but they want me to come back in for yet another face to face interview. I get that it's a different position and a different guy in charge but this dragging it out for a month is getting old. Just hope I get a job offer at the end of this one.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
gusy, i wnet looking for my 16gb ubs stick and foumnd a bpotter of Jameson in a drawere. i;m celebtrating!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

MustardFacial posted:

Order a pizza and in the info box say you'll tip well to the delivery guy for getting you a pack of xxxx or bottle of xxxx I laugh every time someone actually brings poo poo to my door, it's amazing. Last time I ordered an Indian we asked the guy to go next door and bring some fish and chips for our friend who doesn't do Indian. Guy rolled up with our Indian and a bag of fish and chips. Service!

In other news I'm looking at a house Saturday morning, it has a decent drive, a garage and a brick car port about 40' long which is really well protected from the weather (essentially a cave but with lighting!) so I couldddddddd get a project car.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I finally gave in an bought GTA V PC, it's probably going to take a while to download. It's taking a few minutes just to allocate disk space. Yikes.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Preoptopus posted:

gently caress it im bored, heres the facebook
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=211703027

So that's you or......? Sorry been a long day in a data centre, my RCP is waaaaaaaaay down

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Mouse chat: I still have my logitech mx510 from like 10 years ago. It has foreward and backward buttons on the side and that's it. It's also blue and looks kinda wavey. Awesome mouse and fits m'hand real nice. I wish they still made them for the inevitable death of this thing.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Taco Box posted:

Mouse chat: I still have my logitech mx510 from like 10 years ago. It has foreward and backward buttons on the side and that's it. It's also blue and looks kinda wavey. Awesome mouse and fits m'hand real nice. I wish they still made them for the inevitable death of this thing.

I'm using a ten-year-old Logitech G5. Love the thing.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

CharlesM posted:

I finally gave in an bought GTA V PC, it's probably going to take a while to download. It's taking a few minutes just to allocate disk space. Yikes.

its a 60 gig download...

So this whole optical fiber internets not going to wear off any time soon... first 24hrs of use, 354GB total traffic, 140GB up, 213gb down.... Steam does not take long at all at 11.2MB/s!

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL

Tide posted:

Pretty sure I would give my left testicle to be able to email/phone the head honchos at Comcast.

As someone who have had their left testicle removed (for other reasons tho) i have to say... you dont know what you have till you miss it.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

fjelltorsk posted:

As someone who have had their left testicle removed (for other reasons tho) i have to say... you dont know what you have till you miss it.

What is there to miss about one testicle? God saw fit to give you two.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL

Coredump posted:

What is there to miss about one testicle? God saw fit to give you two.

Symmetry, and i liked my balls. I have an implant now tho,so were cool.

I think what i was getting at was that the operation is somewhat unpleasant.

and it was mostly a joke

:thejoke:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Cat Terrist posted:

So that's you or......? Sorry been a long day in a data centre, my RCP is waaaaaaaaay down

yep

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

fjelltorsk posted:

I have an implant now tho,so were cool.

Why only one? :confused:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Suck my oversized titanium balls, bitch

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL

KozmoNaut posted:

Why only one? :confused:

Seemed like a waste to remove the healthy one just to get some more silicone in my sack, tbh.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Tusen Takk posted:

Suck my oversized titanium balls, bitch

Kiss my shiny metal balls would have been much better in retrospect

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

fjelltorsk posted:

Seemed like a waste to remove the healthy one just to get some more silicone in my sack, tbh.

Do you not get the option to swap in a wireless panic alarm or garage door opener or something?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Sigma X posted:

I wasn't sure if I was gonna just tolerate the new guy at work or be friendly with him, but then he told me he's not relocating from his house 1.5 hours away from where he works now because it's a 1400 sq ft place with a 6-car garage he had built after he bought it, and it's got a Scout, '68 Beetle, Hyundai Veloster, Ford F150, and a(?) motorcycle in it. He's also apparently got an unspecified car and two bikes at his parent's house. I told him I wanna build a car after I get a place with sufficient space, Locost derived vehicle with probably 400+ HP and his response was "You're gonna end up dead pretty quick" followed by a "good idea".

Best buds.
That's a good dude. I keep thinking about building a detached garage and may eventually.

ExplodingSims posted:

I found this in the CD Mad Max thread, and I think you jerks will like this:
http://www.thecredits.org/2015/05/h...ax%3A+Fury+Road
You were right. I'd love to get copies of the CAD drawings for a few of the vehicles.

Bajaha posted:

I'm a fan of the Microsoft Intellimouse explorer or whatever they're calling it these days. This thing - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00005TQ08/ Have a couple cored and a wireless, they've held up well.

Also a good mouse, have one somewhere...have lost and found it several times.

Cakefool posted:

Do you not get the option to swap in a wireless panic alarm or garage door opener or something?
Pull up to the house, squeeze sack and the garage door opens. That would be pretty sweet.

Slow week at work and I've been feeling really drained so I'm taking a personal day today. Caught up on sleep, planning a nap later. Going to sit on the porch all day and smoke cigars while catching up on tickets/cases for work. Run some errands in the 928 and see if the charging system is actually working. Try to swing by the awesome little sandwich shop my friend runs for once, he's only open 11-3 Mon-Fri so I haven't been able to stop by since he opened. Should be a good day unless the battery or something else in the 928 is hosed, then I'll be spending it waiting on a tow truck.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 14:18 on May 20, 2015

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Cakefool posted:

"My balls have a way of opening doors"

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

NitroSpazzz posted:

Slow week at work and I've been feeling really drained so I'm taking a personal day today. :words: Going to sit on the porch all day and smoke cigars while catching up on tickets/cases for work.

:psyduck:
Does not compute. I know, I know, I'm guilty of it sometimes too, but drat man. If you're taking a day and it's slow, just take the drat day and gently caress off with work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah that's not taking a personal day. That's working from home.

• Locked thread