Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i wish you luck at the nintendo us world championships

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
Thank you Awesome!

I'll either do really good or really bad, random number generators be damned.

It is just so ironic. I've had the extremely rare and unlikely happen in games before, but this is a personal worst.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Guess who lives fifteen minutes from one of the Best Buys hosting the Championships :smug:

It's a shame I'm so bad at Dr. Mario

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

majormonotone posted:

Guess who lives fifteen minutes from one of the Best Buys hosting the Championships :smug:

It's a shame I'm so bad at Dr. Mario

Start training!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CB1fFeb1n8

Listen to this on repeat. You can do it soldier.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Infinitum posted:

Start training!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CB1fFeb1n8

Listen to this on repeat. You can do it soldier.

Chill is infinitely better than Fever

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kewpuh posted:

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Kewpuh posted:

It's true!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It is true, I'm sorry :negative:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsBtQCDbTWc

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!

homeless snail posted:

buy a chromecast

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Spectacle Rock posted:

My problem is my head just doesn't "see" how to build up such a combo. I'm really good at Panel de Pon (Super Tetris) (Pokemon Puzzle League) and can make chains and combos in that game, but Dr. Mario I just don't "see" them. My head just doesn't process it.
Play multiplayer so you are rewarded for chaining. It is way too fun to dump crap on the opponent not to get good at it.

ALSO: Chill always, Fever for tiebreakers/ final match

DR Mario for life
[teamDOG]

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

lol.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It's hard this time of year to not see any weird tweets from games companies as E3 teases.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I can't believe we're getting another Toad game so soon. truly, this world is blessed

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Toad confirmed for Smash?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

njsykora posted:

It's hard this time of year to not see any weird tweets from games companies as E3 teases.

The OUYA guys will show up and their van will get "Toad".

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the captain toad mk8 character should definitely drive a toad-truck

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
if we can have baby pink gold peach it is certainly overdue for the good captain

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am for one glad to be living in 2015, the year of Toad.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB-hCrti_L8

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
just feel like posting how much i love my wiiu and nintendo backlog.

these kinds of games are pretty much perfect for me as they are instantly fun, can suck up hours if i want rather than being a feature and feel like they've had time and love pumped into them that radiates outwards.

its good to be a gamer

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Astro7x posted:

Yeah, why should anybody want something better than a lovely slow app built into their Smart TV with no ability to update the software?

as if the wii u youtube app is literally any better at all

Looper posted:

Said to noirstronaut, noted for his judicious and frugal purchasing decisions

if i don't buy things, no one will

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

noirstronaut posted:

as if the wii u youtube app is literally any better at all

The Wuutube app is better than the smart TV app I have because it actually plays videos.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

just go to youtube in the web browser #oddiumstips #wiiuhacks

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

I thought SMT was a game about fighting weird demons and commanding them to do your bidding, but I guess I've never played any of them. Looks like a pretty stellar crossover :v:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
You guys, I can't believe Nintendo finally did it; they really did it

bad frog
Dec 21, 2003

listen up

oddium posted:

just go to youtube in the web browser #oddiumstips #wiiuhacks

Youtube hasn't been working in the browser for a few weeks now. It just brings up a black screen. The youtube app is poo poo, and crashes randomly and only gets worse the more you use it. Using the browser was just too good to be true

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
No Nintendo it's a trick!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Argue posted:

You guys, I can't believe Nintendo finally did it; they really did it

gently caress yeah.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

greatn posted:

No Nintendo it's a trick!

Lmao

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Weird coincidence, I think Nintendo of Europe recently hired a guy named John Ganondorf

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Silver Sound posted:

Youtube hasn't been working in the browser for a few weeks now. It just brings up a black screen. The youtube app is poo poo, and crashes randomly and only gets worse the more you use it. Using the browser was just too good to be true

Dunno what's wrong with your system but I used it just fine last night. Sometimes it fails to load ads though and you need to refresh the page a time or two. Still one of the better ways to use YouTube on your TV.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Awesome and fitting as the man's name is, he's apparently spent the last 8 years working at EA, most recently as VP of global business planning. So... should be interesting.

J Detan
Apr 24, 2008

Wir haben uns zu Meistern der Wissenschaft!

Grimey Drawer

Astro Nut posted:

Awesome and fitting as the man's name is, he's apparently spent the last 8 years working at EA, most recently as VP of global business planning. So... should be interesting.

Well, as awful as EA is, you can't really fault their business planning. Seems like this is a good guy to hire to drive sales.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

mr.capps posted:

I am for one glad to be living in 2015, the year of Toad.
So long as it extends into the next year like the year of Luigi, I can not complain.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

J Detan posted:

Well, as awful as EA is, you can't really fault their business planning. Seems like this is a good guy to hire to drive sales.

lol what

J Detan
Apr 24, 2008

Wir haben uns zu Meistern der Wissenschaft!

Grimey Drawer

EA makes money. Lots of money. This is what businesses want to do, make money. This makes their shareholders happy because they make money. They're a lovely company but they make money. That is why I say they have good business planning because they make money. Halliburton also has good business planning despite basically being Satan the Company.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
ea only makes money because they own like 90% of sports games and battlefield. outside of that, their business planning involves buying companies to axe them and their games after turning them into bloated dlc hounded mediocrities

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So Nintendo's marketing strategy now is going to be to push DLC really hard and ignore the quality of their games? :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe it's a power move

They'll fire Bowser next week just to show that he'll never conquer the Mushroom Kingdom

• Locked thread