Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Motto posted:

I heard normal people like things and have fun

i had some troubling news :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

speaking of destiny I just re bought it after trading in a bunch of old 360 games and it still owns

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Adam Bowen posted:

I know another normal whose favorite series is Uncharted. He asked me how I felt about Destiny a couple of weeks after it came out and I told him how it was pretty fun on a very basic level but explained the various flaws in the wannabe MMO aspects of the game and told him he should hold out for a sale because once the main storyline is finished it's not worth continuing into all of the grindy endgame crap. He bought it full price shortly after that and hasn't touched another game since.

is this like one of those situations where people say "my friend" when really they mean to say "I" because this is a judgment-free zone, feel free to let it out

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Nope, my opinion of Destiny is contained right within that post. The shooting is solid and the game is pretty fun despite walking a very fine line between good and poo poo during the main part of the game.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Destiny was extremely fun and good for about 2 weeks, maybe in a year or so it'll be fun for another 2 weeks

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Well, hopefully the franchise will be better next generation, with Destiny's Child

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Stux posted:

speaking of destiny I just re bought it after trading in a bunch of old 360 games and it still owns

stux... stux!!! stux!!!!!!!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Adam Bowen posted:

Nope, my opinion of Destiny is contained right within that post. The shooting is solid and the game is pretty fun despite walking a very fine line between good and poo poo during the main part of the game.

Pretty accurate. I think it actually managed to be a lot of people's first MMO, which will hopefully hurt the genre in the long term

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I want Destiny to come out on PC because it seems like a fun enough pile to play co-op with.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm really loving GTAV and the sheer amount of detail in the world is exposing just how loving lazy the Saints Row games have gotten.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Alain Post posted:

I'm really loving GTAV and the sheer amount of detail in the world is exposing just how loving lazy the Saints Row games have gotten.

Well that and GTAV is one of the most expensive games ever made and had a staff of over 1000 people while the last two Saints Row games were made by a smaller team while their publisher was in freefall, declaring bankruptcy, and then selling them to a smaller German publisher.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Sleeveless posted:

Well that and GTAV is one of the most expensive games ever made and had a staff of over 1000 people while the last two Saints Row games were made by a smaller team while their publisher was in freefall, declaring bankruptcy, and then selling them to a smaller German publisher.

Excuses, excuses

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

GTA Online is a boring shitheap though because Rockstar doesn't give a gently caress about whether you're having fun or not. If Saints Row Online were a thing it would be goofy and fun as gently caress

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Every story mission/scene in GTA is like the antithesis of the reason why people think GTA is fun. They actively don't want you to enjoy yourself.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

Every story mission/scene in GTA is like the antithesis of the reason why people think GTA is fun. They actively don't want you to enjoy yourself.

thank god for snap to target aiming is all i'm saying

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lurdiak posted:

I have enjoyed a lot of the GTAV missions. A shitload more than the ones in GTAIV anyway.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

FactsAreUseless posted:

Wow, I read every word in that post, and didn't think it was extremely stupid at all.

your posting is cursed

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

program666 posted:

your posting is cursed
What are you talking about.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

it aways seem to trigger a discussion around whatever you were posting about

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Blizzard announced that they're moving away from the MMORPG genre.

World of Warcraft dropped 3 million subscribers in a single quarter. However people are loving the gently caress out of Diablo 3 which constituted a major shift in what the company is going to focus on going forward.

It's over, the MMO genre is dead.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the fact that kyle katarn is no longer canon in the star wars universe is loving bullshit, you do not retcon a man who punches giant space reptiles to death

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mr.capps posted:

i then took the baseball bat and rip off your glasses and smash them you nerd

gently caress! It's just like Little League!

Adam Bowen posted:

There are people in this thread who would break down in sobs and mash the report button if someone used "rape" as a verb to describe beating someone at a video game

What a surprise, a terrible Adam Bowen post trying to engage in the Internet culture wars, coming down on the wrong side. and being almost completely off-topic.

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

program666 posted:

it aways seem to trigger a discussion around whatever you were posting about

Isn't that how an internet discussion forum is supposed to work?

program666
Aug 22, 2013

that was way funnier in my head since he posted about age war then the gamergate thing that are lovely discussions, just ignore my posts I'm retarded :downs:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
There used to be this old website that catalogued (in vaguely narrative form) all the gameplay ways you could break Morrowind. Does anybody happen to know what I'm talking about?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

Blizzard announced that they're moving away from the MMORPG genre.

Did this actually happen or did I just let my taint get reaped

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Adam Bowen posted:

I know Wildstar bombed so badly that they're going f2p , but I haven't heard anything. However blizzard did move a ton of wow developers to heroes of the storm, sc2 and d3, so who knows. The lead director of wow is now the same guy who hosed up Diablo.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Bicyclops posted:

gently caress! It's just like Little League!

Say your Coach is Geoff! Say it!

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo guys I just found out about this cool program called D-Fend Reloaded. It's a frontend for DosBox with tons of features like downloading games from the program itself. It's pretty drat cool.

http://dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/index.html

I just downloded 4D Prince of Persia and played it. It's a hard version mod of the Dos PoP. It's great.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Adam Bowen posted:

it actually happened.

Heroes of the Storm has over 10 million people playing beta at this point. They pretty much said "yeah people will comeback to WoW if the content is the right kind, but the right kind of content is not the MMO kind of content." All they're doing is figuring out how to monetized what's not yet monetized from World of Warcraft in order to try and offset the decreasing profit and balance the shrinking profit with the shrinking userbase so they make absolutely sure that there will be no money left for them to make from it.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 09:37 on May 20, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Taint Reaper posted:

it actually happened.

Heroes of the Storm has over 10 million people playing beta at this point. They pretty much said "yeah people will comeback to WoW if the content is the right kind, but the right kind of content is not the MMO kind of content." All they're doing is figuring out how to monetized what's not yet monetized from World of Warcraft in order to try and offset the decreasing profit and balance the shrinking profit with the shrinking userbase so they make absolutely sure that there will be no money left for them to make from it.

i know what each of these words mean, but put in this order i have no idea what i'm reading

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i really like console diablo3

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I'm like to jerk off to video game tities. i install the nude lara craft mod on the Counter Strike GO server and I make the enemy be the Lara and i shoot them titte.s

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I'Ve made a terrilbe mistake.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

THE PENETRATOR posted:

I'm like to jerk off to video game tities. i install the nude lara craft mod on the Counter Strike GO server and I make the enemy be the Lara and i shoot them titte.s

making foreplay gameplay, LOL

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Imagine this. You're busting your moves on some freaking anime babe in the next High School Sim or whatever and you pull our your Oculus Rift VR Set complete with vibrating hand and pound that incredibly legal 18 year old Senior pussy

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
edit: i meant to opst this in the e3 thread... can a mod help me out by moving the post? thanks.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
imagining it right now... oh yeah thats good

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i cannot imagine, could you perhaps make a game about it instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

precision posted:

i know what each of these words mean, but put in this order i have no idea what i'm reading

it's business speak for they're going to squeeze all possible avenues of money from the shrinking playerbase because they know the ship is sinking. They're not going to bother to grow the playerbase back because they know nobody loving likes MMOs.

Hell they wrote a freakin update article about how much fun it is camping rare spawns for days on end.

• Locked thread