Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

How is it completing all the sudokus if they're all half done?

When did this become the "PYF Terribly Unfunny and Cryptic 'Comics'" thread?

Oh, right, from the beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

larchesdanrew posted:

How is it completing all the sudokus if they're all half done?

When did this become the "PYF Terribly Unfunny and Cryptic 'Comics'" thread?

Oh, right, from the beginning.

Wait, are you being ironically stupid or regular stupid? Because half of the puzzles are completely done, not all of the puzzles are half done.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

This is my greatest fear, people not wiping their butts after a poop.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Not My Leg posted:

What has become of me. I actually agree that this cartoon would be better with fewer words.

it's not, and you're an idiot just like every other idiot who thinks they're funnier than people who actually come up with jokes instead of playing editor-in-chief.

Arx Monolith
May 4, 2007

Where is this even from?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Synonamess Botch posted:

it's not, and you're an idiot just like every other idiot who thinks they're funnier than people who actually come up with jokes instead of playing editor-in-chief.

Its a terrible comic in the first place because that line is only funny as a non sequitur.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Anora posted:

Not wiping their butts is bad,
Not washing their hands is the stuff of nightmare

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

Not My Leg posted:

What has become of me. I actually agree that this cartoon would be better with fewer words.

I agree with you and I think that was an improvement. it's actually a joke now and not just simply repeating the meme.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Anora posted:

I feel like the comic would have been funnier if they had ditched the whole "spiders in the pants" thing and just replaced those two frames with a really honest in-the-toilet perspective of him wiping his rear end. Like dirty, partially-trimmed asshair and lovely butthole and everything. Then his brain breaks on the task of figuring out whether he should keep his eyes on the spider or look at the poo poo on his toilet paper.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Synonamess Botch posted:

To be honest, his version actually is funnier.

Uhh and you're the rear end in a top hat of a motherfucker or something I guess

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Whatev posted:

To be honest, his version actually is funnier.

Uhh and you're the rear end in a top hat of a motherfucker or something I guess

i'm not going to explain all the ways it's not funnier but either way it's obnoxious when people think they're in a position to "improve" another person's actual work which is already funny and successful etc. and it happens all the time in this thread for some reason

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Synonamess Botch posted:

i'm not going to explain all the ways it's not funnier

please do because it took it from obvious in panel one to at least maybe a slight twist

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Synonamess Botch posted:

i'm not going to explain all the ways it's not funnier but either way it's obnoxious when people think they're in a position to "improve" another person's actual work which is already funny and successful etc. and it happens all the time in this thread for some reason

:agreed:

There is no way anyone can improve this gem.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Synonamess Botch posted:

His is funnier.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Synonamess Botch posted:

His is funnier

HAmbONE has a new favorite as of 13:35 on May 20, 2015

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

JesustheDarkLord posted:

please do because it took it from obvious in panel one to at least maybe a slight twist

His garbage edit supposes authorial intent which is better left to high school english classes

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

JesustheDarkLord posted:

the joke doesn't come from the sudden realization that what they were using was jet fuel. the joke comes from the characters' prior knowledge and expectations it's jet fuel and their realization setting in that jet fuel really doesn't melt steel beams. also, i don't care, and it doesn't matter, my point is how douchey it is to suppose you know better enough to gently caress with somebody else's poo poo. make your own comic if your so funny.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Synonamess Botch posted:

the joke doesn't come from the sudden realization that what they were using was jet fuel. the joke comes from the characters' prior knowledge and expectations it's jet fuel and their realization setting in that jet fuel really doesn't melt steel beams. also, i don't care, and it doesn't matter, my point is how douchey it is to suppose you know better enough to gently caress with somebody else's poo poo. make your own comic if your so funny.

What is your opinion of fanfiction? It's very important that you share it with us.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Y'all posted:

Who among us can truly be said to be funny?
:goonsay:

poo poo like this is why nobody likes PYF.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Paladinus posted:

:agreed:

There is no way anyone can improve this gem.

Not even in reverse?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Synonamess Botch posted:

make your own comic if your so funny.

NO-ONE CAN EVER CRITICISE ANYTHING UNLESS THEY ARE PERSONALLY EXPERT IN IT!

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Scientastic posted:

NO-ONE CAN EVER CRITICISE ANYTHING UNLESS THEY ARE PERSONALLY EXPERT IN IT!

Correct.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Guys how dare you talk about funnies/money/politics, you are not an cartoonist/banker/politician. I am the prophet of no critic, please do no to be the making light of superior author intent.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage
90% of the time the edits are just brainless rehashing of some meme that stopped being funny about three thread iterations ago. The original wins by default.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I'm trying to figure out what is worse. A completely dead comic thread with no posts ever, or a thread that occasionally has a new comic posted but is mostly filled with people shittily editing comics as comebacks to people who complain about the lovely edited comics.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

But thanks for improving the thread with your contribution.

Fake edit: but here's a comic since you asked so nicely.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Anora posted:

That's what the spiders are going to do, helpful little arachnids that they are.

ImpulseDrive
Jul 25, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

Anora posted:

That's what the spiders are going to do, helpful little arachnids that they are.

There's a reason why the best selling toilet paper brands are 2 Fly.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Apogee15 posted:

I'm trying to figure out what is worse. A completely dead comic thread with no posts ever, or a thread that occasionally has a new comic posted but is mostly filled with people shittily editing comics as comebacks to people who complain about the lovely edited comics.

You need to meditate on what is best, a thread devoid of content but full of people bitching about the lack thereof

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Synonamess Botch posted:

it's obnoxious when people think they're in a position to "improve" another person's actual work which is already funny

How is that obnoxious? Sometimes someone changes something and makes it better, sometimes they make it worse. It's all subjective anyway. So maybe you like the original version better. So what? Does it somehow make the original worse that someone made a modified version of it? Does it just bother you that someone enjoys something that you don't enjoy?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
it pisses me off to know end theat you frigged up retards keep making GBS threads on webcomics... go back to the crew forum

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Here's a comic.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

FadedReality posted:

Here's a comic.

Here's a better one.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I liked this thread better when it had no posts in it

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

FadedReality posted:

Here's a comic.

More than four panels. Not very many :words: backgrounds that aren't from GIS. Did Buckley die and get replaced by a doppelganger?

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Does anyone have the ridiculous comic where a dude needs an article of clothing from a chronicles of narnia-like closet and sends in a doppleganger to slake his thirst on violence there?

ImpulseDrive posted:

There's a reason why the best selling toilet paper brands are 2 Fly.

:golfclap:

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

hard counter posted:

Does anyone have the ridiculous comic where a dude needs an article of clothing from a chronicles of narnia-like closet and sends in a doppleganger to slake his thirst on violence there?

:golfclap:

http://www.alessonislearned.com/index.php?comic=42

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

That's the stuff :350:

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

at first I thought it was awkward because he just scratched his balls before petting Fox

• Locked thread