Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Speed of Sound Sonic is not a good person but he doesn't seem too bad next to dudes who level cities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Speed of Sound Sonic (lol) knows better than to actually make Saitama angry.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I kind of do think the (monster) gore is important in parts. Like, if Saitama punches a monster and it just kind of flops to the ground instead of literally exploding into a hundred bits it's a pretty stark difference in the amount of power shown

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I could see them doing something like he punches them and they just silhouette and dissolve into chunks or whatever that way, rather than showing extreme 80's esque gore with eyeballs popping out and stuff.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
You can blow up all the monsters and robots you want. I just wouldn't expect a ton of blood.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Am I the only one seeing people saying Sonic hasn't done anything 'bad bad' a few posts after a link to him slicing a dude's head into three slices, a panel from the chapter where he murders about forty people?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I'm pretty sure everyone but you knows that killing bad guys isn't bad

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Astus posted:

Well, there was that time he threatened to kill all the other prisoners, just so he could pass the time. Kinda weird everyone forgot about that part.

So in order to prove that Sonic is too evil to be a hero, you link to the chapter introducing the S-class hero who rapes prisoners because they are criminals and don't have the same rights as other people?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Illuyankas posted:

Am I the only one seeing people saying Sonic hasn't done anything 'bad bad' a few posts after a link to him slicing a dude's head into three slices, a panel from the chapter where he murders about forty people?

ya but they were bad people

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

So in order to prove that Sonic is too evil to be a hero, you link to the chapter introducing the S-class hero who rapes prisoners because they are criminals and don't have the same rights as other people?

Which is doubly ridiculous, because the reason Sonic can't be a hero is that he isn't registered with the Hero Association. :v:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
He is a anti-hero.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I think the point we should take away is that everybody in this world is just a little hosed up inside, especially the heroes.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I think the point we should take away is that everybody in this world is just a little hosed up inside, especially the heroes.

I'm pretty sure that applies just as well to our world.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
To add to this useless discussion, didn't Sonic attack civilians at one point just to get Saitama's attention?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Killing people even if they've broken the law is wrong, pretty sure

caveat: I'm English

e: yet I'm fine with wholesale monster slaughter? ...maybe man was the true monster all along

Illuyankas fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 19, 2015

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
This assassin who greatly enjoys murdering people and once tried to murder a bunch of random bystanders to get what he wanted isn't so bad, you know?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Serious Frolicking posted:

This assassin who greatly enjoys murdering people and once tried to murder a bunch of random bystanders to get what he wanted isn't so bad, you know?

Our hero is a person who punches sentient beings so hard that they quite literally evaporate before immediately flying into a panic because he forgot it was a sale day. This is not a comic where deep moral considerations are entertained.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Everyone in this thread agrees that a 50% sale on eggs is way more important than a few human lives

If you don't then :getout:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
It's also a comic where an entire city getting wiped out by an alien menace elicits the global response of "Oh dear," while the No. 1 A-Rank hero doesn't even consider it worthy of breaking off his scheduled movie shoot to deal with.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Bad Seafood posted:

It's also a comic where an entire city getting wiped out by an alien menace elicits the global response of "Oh dear," while the No. 1 A-Rank hero doesn't even consider it worthy of breaking off his scheduled movie shoot to deal with.

It's also a comic where the second greatest hero ever throws his bicycle at people.

I love ya Genos but Licenseless Rider is just on a whole other level.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Just because one person is an rear end in a top hat it doesn't make a second, unrelated person any less of an rear end in a top hat. While they are definitely in the minority, there are heroes in this comic who are decent human beings.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

that dog guy for instance

man what's his deal

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I just know that the day we learn his deal, or at least see a bit of the story entirely focused on him, poo poo will never be the same.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Speed of Sound Sonic (lol) has only killed a few people that we've seen and it was in combat. It's not too late for him to become a part of the team

Vegeta in Dragonball Z killed entire planets and became the backbone of the team so its not like it's some unprecedented thing :allears:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I was wondering, where did the "(lol)" thing come from?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Zzulu posted:

Speed of Sound Sonic (lol) has only killed a few people that we've seen and it was in combat. It's not too late for him to become a part of the team

Vegeta in Dragonball Z killed entire planets and became the backbone of the team so its not like it's some unprecedented thing :allears:

There was that time he blew up a city block with shurikens and almost killed a whole bunch of civvies to try and get Saitama to fight him though.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Mraagvpeine posted:

I was wondering, where did the "(lol)" thing come from?
Genos says "Speed of Sound Sonic? What kind of name is that? That's like saying a Round Circle" and next time he refers to our leatherclad mangirl he refers to him as "Speed of Sound Sonic (lol)" verbatim.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

He was just saying what we're all thinking.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
It's not the same without the panel.

Please post the panel.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

There's another DBZ crossover floating around out there by the same guy. Saitama participates in the Tenkaichi Budokai :allears:

I'll try and post a link if anyone gets around to translating it.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
MInd posting a link to the raw?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Cthulhuchan posted:

MInd posting a link to the raw?

Part 1
Part 2

It's not complete yet though. According to the blog there will be an update coming on the 25th.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Zzulu posted:

vegeta was advantaged by being way cooler than speed of sound sonic though

(seriously I never did get why everyone just forgave him for being a genoicidal prick, but he's an interesting character and seeing him turn into a lame dad was worth it)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dude showed up while goku wasnt around and declined to start poo poo, so they more or less just rolled with it. even if the people on earth wanted to, it isnt like they could have punished vegeta anyway. by contrast, sonic is a superhuman in a society with a bunch of superhumans. he got underestimated because he was beaten by a c class hero, but if necessary he could be captured and imprisoned by people other than saitama.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I think it's just an anime trope that when a hero beats a potential villain and the villain rivals the hero and becomes concerned only with their defeat, or just simply is shown to no longer possess an actual threat to the hero, they become considered a large degree of not-evil.
It seems to pop up a lot:
Gurren Lagann, DBZ, One Piece...
Doesn't matter how many people you've killed before, you're redeemable. Which I guess is a nice sentiment?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Well, if punching can fix other problems there's no reason it can't fix moral issues.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Jintor posted:

seeing him turn into a lame dad was worth it

Dadstache Vegeta is best Vegeta.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
If you guys want an anti-hero so much, Metal Bat is right there doing his best Yusuke Urameshi impression for you.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Shadow0 posted:

Gurren Lagann, DBZ, One Piece...
Doesn't matter how many people you've killed before, you're redeemable. Which I guess is a nice sentiment?

If Lord Genome wants to keep the human population under one million, and Simon wants to kill all the beastmen, then Simon isn't the good guy. He's got to do some genuinely heroic things, or it's just pretty people fighting ugly people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Shadow0 posted:

Worked for Darth Vader!