Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I feel like there aren't any good options for skill weapon builds. You just sort of make do until you kill Blood Starved Beast for access to Ludwig's or murder Eileen the Crow for Blades of Mercy.

e: also against the whip is one of the easiest parries to land in hunter fights imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
hmm, i was planning on making this guy a skill build, but maybe that's not a good idea

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
The fastest to get and best skill weapons are:

Kill Djura and Blood Starved Beast -> Ludwig's Holy Blade

Kill Eileen the Crow -> Blades of Mercy

DON'T kill Djura or Eileen and clear all the way through Rom, Paarl, and BSB for Ludwig's, or all the way through Rom and the hunter of hunters quest for Blades of Mercy.

Rush to Cainhurst and settle for Reiterpallach or manage to kill Logarius for Chikage.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Saki posted:

I just finished dark souls and it was so good I'm buying a ps 4 just for bloodborne.

thats what i did

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the cane only does slightly less damage than the other 2 starting weapons on the cleric beast. im pretty sure the untransformed axe r1 only does like 50 damage to it to. its really good once u get some gems in it and +10

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Part of Cleric Beast was I felt like I could easily land axe r2s and charges because the swing arc is so good but threaded cane r2s were a bitch. I also really felt I was doing equal or more damage on r1s even with the Noble Scion skill background

Maybe I'm just a huge Hunting Axe fanboy. The only thing 'bad' about it is the halberd charge attack isn't great against any boss it can't stagger (a lot of them) but then the 1h charge is super good in that case.

I guess I'll upgrade a cane up and try it out again in ng+

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
But yeah I bought a ps4 for bloodborne and it was worth it... gonna play ds2 and the dlcs next

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the big advantage the whip has is it's pretty crazy range. other comparable weapons in what I found were like two, three times slower. it has kinda dinky chip on bosses but you were able to keep constant damage going while staying slightly out of range. I was gonna use it for the whole game until I found ludwig's

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I tried using the whip, but with a game as fast as bloodborne I needed something swifter for a weapon

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I found the whip super useful when I first fought bloodstarved beast because most of its attacks sent it past me, but still in range of the R2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hell I think I just found the R2 animation so satisfying that I wanted to keep using it as long as possible

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
You must do what makes you happy, because that is what gaming is all about. The cane is as viable a weapon as every other one, it just was not for me :cheers:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

The fastest to get and best skill weapons are:

Kill Djura and Blood Starved Beast -> Ludwig's Holy Blade

Kill Eileen the Crow -> Blades of Mercy

DON'T kill Djura or Eileen and clear all the way through Rom, Paarl, and BSB for Ludwig's, or all the way through Rom and the hunter of hunters quest for Blades of Mercy.

Rush to Cainhurst and settle for Reiterpallach or manage to kill Logarius for Chikage.

This list doesn't include the greatest weapon, the beast claw:

Get the tonsil stone after entering the forbidden woods -> be grabbed by Amygdala and sent to Nightmare Frontier -> beat Amygdala for Ailing Loran Chalice (beast claws are in level 2 of this dungeon).

edit: you do have to farm ritual blood(4) which is a real pain, so if you're going for speed, this will take time. But the claws are so worth it.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 16:03 on May 20, 2015

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I found the whip super useful when I first fought bloodstarved beast because most of its attacks sent it past me, but still in range of the R2

vicar amelia cant do anything against it cos most of the attacks hit her head... probably ebrietas too

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

seiferguy posted:

This list doesn't include the greatest weapon, the beast claw:

Get the tonsil stone after entering the forbidden woods -> be grabbed by Amygdala and sent to Nightmare Frontier -> beat Amygdala for Ailing Loran Chalice (beast claws are in level 2 of this dungeon).

edit: you do have to farm ritual blood(4) which is a real pain, so if you're going for speed, this will take time. But the claws are so worth it.

the claw is soooo good but i switch to ludwigs for bosses

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

I hosed up and didn't get the best claw until ng+ so now I can't upgrade it past +6 for a while

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Can't you feel the knife?

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Ds 2 is great but Ds 1 is insanely good. If bb even comes close I'll be happy. What's the ornstein & smough of bloodborne?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Saki posted:

Ds 2 is great but Ds 1 is insanely good. If bb even comes close I'll be happy. What's the ornstein & smough of bloodborne?

idk that there is one. Rom, possibly, since killing it makes things go crazy and puts you into the third act of the story

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Saki posted:

find out for yourself.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah, i tried to avoid as much as possible going into the first run and wish i knew even less. there are some pretty epic reveals.

speaking of stuff i spoiled for myself, i remember seeing a pre-release gif of a giant eldritch creature walking across the skyline. did that make it into the game?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Saki posted:

there isnt a fight like that, but theres plenty of difficult ones

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Saki posted:

it's paarl, op

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE PENETRATOR posted:

it's paarl, op

No way

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

To me it's logarius, going by memorability and difficulty of fight

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
logarius and the first hunter are great fights, look forward to them.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

you're right. it's Actually my main man Gascoigne.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

stoutfish posted:

logarius and the first hunter are great fights, look forward to them.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
gascoigne kicks rear end and so does the last boss that isnt the secret (?) last boss but the regular one. bloodborne owns

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's a good game. hell, it's a great game.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ive played nothing but bloodborne for a month and i havent even started doing low sl runs and stuff yet... im still trying out weapons.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
according to some1 in the games thread, where everyone sounds like DarkSydePhil, theres a secret boss rush mode somewhere in the chalice dungeons... but i cant find a glyph for it yet. its in the official guide though

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Hmm...

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I.N.R.I posted:

The only issues with the claw are it's range sucks compared to Ludwig, and the durability is one of the worst (which really isn't that big of a deal). Everything else about that weapon is ownage.

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

+10 claw takes out the drat trash on wet nurse. i built up beasthood with L2 a bit before going to town and she didnt even get to the point where she does the gas thing

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

according to some1 in the games thread, where everyone sounds like DarkSydePhil, theres a secret boss rush mode somewhere in the chalice dungeons... but i cant find a glyph for it yet. its in the official guide though

if From hid certain easter eggs in certain seeds in the chalice dungeons then i will die from cumming

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

if From hid certain easter eggs in certain seeds in the chalice dungeons then i will die from cumming

they did

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
theyre very rare though because only 1 or 2 have been found and had the glyphs show up online

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

theyre very rare though because only 1 or 2 have been found and had the glyphs show up online

that's awesome. do you have a link to anything about them?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

Wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

has anyone posted a glyph for the rom dungeon