Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Apparently the game in the latest Mystery Box was released last year. Remember this as you watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat seems sad in this.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Holy poo poo, the newest Mystery Box is amazing so far.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Liam should pick more mystery boxes, haha pat is dying.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I love how you can just hear Pat's soul dying the further in they go. Also this exchange:

"I had to make sure."

"...OF WHAT!?"

Edit: Oh jesus loving christ the plot summary for this is something else:

Wikipedia posted:

Magus has been imprisoned in a tower in the Waterfall Kingdom and tortured for years - his crime is sublime, his history is a mystery, his might is right. Magus remains handcuffed, locked up, imprisoned, static, immovable, clueless, powerless, until a new prisoner named Kinna arrives and forces him to escape from the Tower of Power. Once Magus has escaped then their journey to discover Magus's true identity and abilities, and thus form the Mega Powers, begins. Magus uses chroma magic, his innate talent to absorb power from colored stones in the surrounding environment and then to unleash deadly attacks. Along the way they must face the wrath of the Kingdom Waterfall plus battle them to uncover identity of Magus's purpose.[2]

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 20, 2015

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I love how you can just hear Pat's soul dying the further in they go. Also this exchange:

"I had to make sure."

"...OF WHAT!?"

I was just going to post that. The way Pat says that is pure gold.

To think that people used to poke fun at PS3 games with giant enemy crabs and "BROWN!!" and then this poo poo comes out of nowhere is blowing my mind.

Also, this game came out just 3 months ago a year and three months ago, but it still stands. :aaaaa:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I thought I've seen a lot of games with characters that have dead soulless eyes, but then there was today's Mystery Box...

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Seems like something I wrote when I was in high school.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Yes this is a good ui for a game that came out in.... 2014?!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Someone just spoiled me on Life is Strange and now I REALLY want them to get back to it.
It's soooo bad.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I wouldn't say it's bad, per se, but I would say that it's slowly becoming evident that the story has basically no set direction because of ~plot things~ that happen. A million different things are happening at once and they're all grabbing at your attention to show that they are the most important thing. Unless some miracle happens to tie it all together in the coming episodes I really doubt it's going to end up being satisfying AND coherent, just one or the other. I do hope they play it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

"I had to make sure."

"...OF WHAT!?"

There's so much genuine anger in that delivery. It's so perfect :allears:

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Angry Liam is best Liam.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I liked Edge of Tomorrow and All You Need is Kill equally for different reasons.

Depths posted:

Yes this is a good ui for a game that came out in.... 2014?!

... Good lord, the entire time I was watching it I assumed it was a ps3 launch title.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CJacobs posted:

I wouldn't say it's bad, per se, but I would say that it's slowly becoming evident that the story has basically no set direction because of ~plot things~ that happen. A million different things are happening at once and they're all grabbing at your attention to show that they are the most important thing. Unless some miracle happens to tie it all together in the coming episodes I really doubt it's going to end up being satisfying AND coherent, just one or the other. I do hope they play it.

Eh it's just funny seeing them throw everything at the wall and hoping something sticks. Then again that doesn't mean I didn't have fun playing around with it. Least more fun than recent telltale games that have all of the production but little freedom or choice.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
What a surprise Pat immediately starts parroting ENB's "menstrual blood" theory :rolleyes:

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Episode 2 of the podcast

Pat: "woolie if you're watching attack on Titan with someone and wanna watch further, then why don't you just fake it and not tell them? (Beingserious lol)"

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Perfect Potato posted:

What a surprise Pat immediately starts parroting ENB's "menstrual blood" theory :rolleyes:

Pat's incapable of forming original thoughts and has to parrot ENB when it comes to these games. It's the real reason they took a break.

Also I can't really feel bad about Woolie being sad about snailborne. Like take a joke duder.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lol what video is Woolie getting salty about Snailborne in?

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Also I can't really feel bad about Woolie being sad about snailborne. Like take a joke duder.

To be fair to Chewie the volume of "jokes" is pretty huge for this lp, not to mention the commenters don't always reach the lofty comedic heights that we do in this thread. Joking about Snailborne is fun but all the people clamoring for Woolie to give up the controller at every opportunity seem a bit mean-spirited.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Beef Waifu posted:

Lol what video is Woolie getting salty about Snailborne in?

yeah i'd like to know this too, he actually seemed to think snailborne was pretty funny when it got mentioned on the podcast

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I can see why getting 90% "lol you guys suck at this lol you are so slow lol kill yourselfs" comments on their Bloodborne videos might be a bit disencouraging.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dias posted:

I can see why getting 90% "lol you guys suck at this lol you are so slow lol kill yourselfs" comments on their Bloodborne videos might be a bit disencouraging.

The first mistake was actually reading youtube comments.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

hubris.height posted:

yeah i'd like to know this too, he actually seemed to think snailborne was pretty funny when it got mentioned on the podcast

At the beginning of today's Bloodborne video he says this is the first lp where he's tapping out of looking at feedback. They say it's because they're running into too many spoilers, but all the poo poo-flinging probably didn't help.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Andrast posted:

The first mistake was actually reading youtube comments.

This, but he's not wrong. If it's just getting salty about Bloodborne then he's dumb, but if it's actual insults and poo poo like that, I can understand.

Chrispurple posted:

At the beginning of today's Bloodborne video he says this is the first lp where he's tapping out of looking at feedback. They say it's because they're running into too many spoilers, but all the poo poo-flinging probably didn't help.

I find it pretty surprising that they would look at youtube comments at all since they should know people wantonly say whatever the gently caress comes to their mind there and should expect rampant spoilers.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
How did they get to 90 insight? they had like 77 in ep 37

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Beef Waifu posted:

This, but he's not wrong. If it's just getting salty about Bloodborne then he's dumb, but if it's actual insults and poo poo like that, I can understand.

He kinda hints that the youtube comments have been more mean spirited. Not surprised though, Soul fans are the worst in YT comments.

edit: They coulda popped more insight, I mean they did say it was a while since they last did a video.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Depths posted:

Probably by farming vials so they don't run out during the actual LP.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Beef Waifu posted:

I find it pretty surprising that they would look at youtube comments at all since they should know people wantonly say whatever the gently caress comes to their mind there and should expect rampant spoilers.

Well, YT comments are their biggest source of feedback. It's what, that, random Facebook/Twitter comments and NeoGAF?

I'm pretty sure Woolie is a good sport about the Snailborne video especifically, but holy poo poo, the feedback on the Souls videos is something else. I mean, barring the Kennystorm 2014 and maybe Nuzlocke, it never got as obnoxious.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
They also have a separate comments form for the videos on their website.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They also have us... yay?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I think Matt only reads this thread. I doubt Pat and Woolie do.

Then again I can't blame Pat for not having an SA account when some peeps here hate him. :v:

edit: No they aint. SA souls fans are still horrible. :v:

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 20, 2015

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Red Minjo posted:

They also have a separate comments form for the videos on their website.

That ain't much better.

Beef Waifu posted:

They also have us... yay?

I'd say see above but I'll be nice to our Souls fans, they're the good type of Souls fans.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love Pat and would gladly welcome him to the Something Awful forums.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Depths posted:

pat the cheater

e: to be clearer, you get insight from chalice dungeons I wonder what Pat did

e2: oh right he established he was going do offscreen chalice dungeons okay pat the non-cheater

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 21:18 on May 20, 2015

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I think you get insight from winning in PVP too.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

They also have a 4chan thread and a reddit subforum. I wonder who their nicest "sub" fanbase is, it'd be funny if it's their /v/ thread

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

goldblums eyes posted:

They also have a 4chan thread and a reddit subforum. I wonder who their nicest "sub" fanbase is, it'd be funny if it's their /v/ thread

why is the truth funny?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

pandaK posted:

why is the truth funny?

I've read those threads. They are not the nice fans. They're usually the creepy ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

hubris.height posted:

I've read those threads. They are not the nice fans. They're usually the creepy ones.

I took a look once and people suggested that they make mystery box videos solely because they are "clickbait videos" and that Matt is a "normalfag" or something. Its weird.