Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

big mean giraffe posted:

vodka watermelon is for trailer trash, and is delicious and far superior to jello shots

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
Say hello, to the Dan Ryckert experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZveytjmGWT8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxklXh3ulkU

I can't find a short enough video of the infamous 'yellow russian' he made the rest of Giant Bomb drink, but have an image.

It's nacho cheese in a white russian

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

bathroomrage posted:

Yup, time to pack the thread in

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

This guy has a real deep-seated fixation on melting poo poo.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

bathroomrage posted:

Dear god. Dear god no.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

blunt for century posted:

Dear god. Dear god no.

If it helps, nobody liked them.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I am very jealous of Dan's cool American flag pants, but at least I loving know what an egg white is.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

That's literally Masaokis level ineptitude.

Like, Masaokis straight up cracks his eggs and dumps them into his toilet in one of the videos because all he wants is the egg "whites" (the shells)

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Dan Ryckert's entire existence confuses and excites me.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
The entire point of that nacho cheese segment was to create abominations that he would force upon his co-workers. He wasn't trying to pass them off as delicious like he did with the Oreos + nacho cheese.

Those yellow russians were the gift that kept on giving, though. Jeff Gerstmann spent the remaining 7 hours of that live show telling people, "I'm not feeling too great.." whenever anyone asked him how he was doing at the beginning of segments.

Someone should also get shots of Will Smith and Norman Chan trying to finish a sous vide steak with a giant blow torch and a fire suit. They managed to make a perfectly-cooked steak look nearly inedible through mishandling.

ErIog has a new favorite as of 04:08 on May 21, 2015

Nettles Coterie
Dec 24, 2008

Play in the Dark, lest the Heat catch you standing still
There's a local brewery/restaurant that posts daily pictures of "2nites dinner feature" and somehow manages to make every single dish look vaguely unsettling at best, and at worst... well lets just have some pictures.

These are all official pictures they put on social media to advertise their food :psyduck: I mean, I've eaten there (before seeing these pics) and the food was decently good, but why would anyone think it was a good idea to post these pictures where people could see them, much less use them to try to lure people in? I get that food photography is tough but COME ON.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I can't take my eyes off of the Black Blood steak. Deeply unsettling doesn't even begin to describe it. :stare:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
The blurriness makes everything so unsettling

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I can't take my eyes off of the Black Blood steak. Deeply unsettling doesn't even begin to describe it. :stare:

Fresh placenta with squid ink, over a bed of asparagus

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The first 3 remind me of the kind of things you see in chinese restaurants or 1970s cookbooks. The last one looks like some kind of...meat...in a sea of balsamic. Most of them just look bland, but the last one is just gross. I hate pretentious food photography, but it can't be that hard to make things look more appetizing than those things just by making them in focus and in better lighting.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
So do they just have a shaker full of rat turds from the floor or what?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Internet Wizard posted:

That's literally Masaokis level ineptitude.

Like, Masaokis straight up cracks his eggs and dumps them into his toilet in one of the videos because all he wants is the egg "whites" (the shells)
I knew I'd seen that somewhere before.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

the difference is that Masaokis was mentally ill or something, Ryckert is just a huge dipshit

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

AnonSpore posted:

The blurriness makes everything so unsettling

**siren blares in the distance**
**your surroundings start to disintegrate away; the room your in, indeed even your table, are replaced with rusty, bloody grates and chain-link fencing**
**your perfectly seared ribeye and parsnip puree turns into any of those dishes pictured**

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

pillsburysoldier posted:

**siren blares in the distance**
**your surroundings start to disintegrate away; the room your in, indeed even your table, are replaced with rusty, bloody grates and chain-link fencing**
**your perfectly seared ribeye and parsnip puree turns into any of those dishes pictured**

:golfclap:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

FlyinPingu posted:

the difference is that Masaokis was mentally ill or something, Ryckert is just a huge dipshit
I've started listening to the podcast and that dude has huge, glaring holes in his fundamental knowledge of how the world works.

"Ok so, what IS a mortgage?"

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Pleads posted:

I've started listening to the podcast and that dude has huge, glaring holes in his fundamental knowledge of how the world works.

Wait, Masao has a podcast?!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FlyinPingu posted:

how people are still unable to tell that masaokis was 100% joking is beyond me

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
He must have been pretty dedicated to the joke to live in squalor for years like that.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I thought it was a joke until I saw the Sambuca Adventure video where he basically admits his alcoholism while walking through snow to a liquor store in order to get Sambuca

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

I'd never heard of rum ham, and I live just miles from the Ham Capital of the US. Google seems to be telling me that it's an Always Sunny joke (I've never watched the show). Soooo... IS it actually a real thing, or are people inventing/making it because it's a funny thing from that show, like a Flaming Moe?

Also, my mocha cake (chocolate cake made with Kahlua + more Kahlua in the frosting) is the best drink you can eat. :colbert:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Pleads posted:

he is very much willfully ignorant and doesn't care about learning about anything outside of video games and wrestling. It's pretty distressing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TGI Fridays is advertising a new appetizer that is bacon wrapped whole jalapeņos and they look like literal pieces of poo poo.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

muscles like this? posted:

TGI Fridays is advertising a new appetizer that is bacon wrapped whole jalapeņos and they look like literal pieces of poo poo.

Can I get that in Endless Apps?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

death .cab for qt posted:

I thought it was a joke until I saw the Sambuca Adventure video where he basically admits his alcoholism while walking through snow to a liquor store in order to get Sambuca

Seriously his place is nasty and I can't imagine living like that for years for a 'joke.'

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

I don't think you get the thread.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Give me three boxed of triscuits and an hour, I'll get rid of it for you

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

muscles like this? posted:

For some reason I thought you meant jalapeņo poppers and WOULD but just plain jalapeņos with bacon sounds pretty meh.

Wrong thread.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

big mean giraffe posted:

Seriously his place is nasty and I can't imagine living like that for years for a 'joke.'

There's a video from this last December where he shows the squalor pit is a house he inherited or something and is fixing up. He doesn't live there but he films dumb videos for the internet and possibly gets mega high/drunk.

e: Here's the video.

cobalt impurity has a new favorite as of 22:46 on May 21, 2015

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I'd never heard of rum ham, and I live just miles from the Ham Capital of the US. Google seems to be telling me that it's an Always Sunny joke (I've never watched the show). Soooo... IS it actually a real thing, or are people inventing/making it because it's a funny thing from that show, like a Flaming Moe?

Also, my mocha cake (chocolate cake made with Kahlua + more Kahlua in the frosting) is the best drink you can eat. :colbert:

I don't know why anyone would think that rum ham was anything but horrible, given the other foods Always Sunny has given us, such as milk steak, denim chicken, whatever cat food with glue is called, muscle milk, bagged spaghetti, or, this thing, the grilled charlie:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Why are there crackers

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

Meatwave posted:

whatever cat food with glue is called

you're supposed to eat a tin of cat food and then huff a lot of glue quickly to pass out because there's gonna be like 50 stray cats outside your window soon howling all night and you don't want to be up for that.

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrK7oWRXQ-o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

death .cab for qt posted:

Why are there crackers

Look who's never been to a party.

You spread the cheese on them.

• Locked thread