Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Pivit posted:

On the upgraded armor thing.. I've only seen two schematics so far that required previous armor, one for the starter chest and one for a different one. Both upgraded to fairly low level armors, are there higher level plans that will keep boosting them from there? I didn't keep my starter armor and honestly I really don't see myself missing it either, there are upgrades all over the place.

Havn't found any more upgrade for the stock gear.
I did find a Witcher Griffin set (complete armor and swords, lvl 8) and upon crafting it, got a popup telling me it can be upgraded later on.
Schematics for the upgrade need to be obtained, the one I have (Enhanced Griffin) is lvl 14.

There seems to be many witcher sets, maybe light/medium/heavy. Stock Feline is for lvl 15.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Someone mentioned that three specific signs let you use the alternate version once you had put a point into the alt version even if you didn't "equip" the alt skill. Which signs were they? I can't find it. I put a lot of points into Igni at the beginning and its pushing me further and further down the Sign path because there are so many upgrades I want. :(

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Just played every playable everything in White Orchard so's I wouldn't miss out on any skill points. A fun day, to be sure...

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
This inventory crash is starting to piss me off. Not really sure what causes it but the game will randomly freeze if I mouse over items in the inventory.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So if I didn't do the card game tutorial in the prologue, can I go back and do it after the fact or will there be somewhere else I can do babbys first triple triad?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ravenfood posted:

Someone mentioned that three specific signs let you use the alternate version once you had put a point into the alt version even if you didn't "equip" the alt skill. Which signs were they? I can't find it. I put a lot of points into Igni at the beginning and its pushing me further and further down the Sign path because there are so many upgrades I want. :(

Igni, Aard and Yrden, in my experience. No idea why only those three. Might be a bug or something, hard to tell.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
I may have found the sweetest thing. When you're in Novigrad dealing with the "haunted house", if you tell the banker his home is irreparably haunted, you come back later to find the oneiromancer has moved in with the little godling and they're apparently doing quite well together.

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

Is anyone else losing their mutagen bonuses whenever they load a save? The annoyance of having to go in and re-equip them every time is forcing me to git gud.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Mystery Prize posted:

This inventory crash is starting to piss me off. Not really sure what causes it but the game will randomly freeze if I mouse over items in the inventory.

Happens to me randomly (only three times in 25 hours). Killing the process and restarting the game fixes it on PC, dunno what to say if you're on a console though.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Sheep posted:

Happens to me randomly (only three times in 25 hours). Killing the process and restarting the game fixes it on PC, dunno what to say if you're on a console though.

PC. It hadn't happened to me for the first like, 15 hours of the game, but now it's happened four times in the last hour :(

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.
I went back to White Orchard to gently caress around with some stuff I missed and I came across yet another unscripted awesome thing, as if there wasn't enough in this game. It's really minor but I noticed in the village there's a notice from the herbalist saying she wants honeycomb; lots of it and at a very good price. So, sure enough if you collect some honeycomb (by using igni on hives) and sell them to her she takes them all off your hands at 90% of their value instead of the usual poo poo you get for selling crap.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

gently caress this loving quiddich card game. I was busy fighting monsters not collecting cards, let me win in a loving single player game! I want gratification. Also my two spy cards never end up in my deck. Great AI + crazy good AI decks, I am so furious I want to quit this game altogether

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 21, 2015

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

Igni, Aard and Yrden, in my experience. No idea why only those three. Might be a bug or something, hard to tell.
Hmm. Must be, because igni isn't doing that for me at all.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Also curious about cooking raw meat?

Also: just completed White Orchard. When the game opens up, does the diversity of creatures (big and small) open up? Will I ever get to hunt a Griffin not as part of the story, etc...?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I wanted to back up something Drifter said earlier. I am able to run this on ultra with a steady 35 to 45 fps. When I turned graphics onto high and kept hair works all the way up, I'm getting 60 easy.

I7-4790K, gtx 970, and 6 gigs ram btw.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Peasants seem to be not in the least bit perturbed by a viper eyed hell raiser burning all their pigs and geese to death with magic.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
When is there going to be a mod so i can play as the girl Witcher all the time. They should give you the option by the default playing as the girl is always better.

Robutt posted:

I went back to White Orchard to gently caress around with some stuff I missed and I came across yet another unscripted awesome thing, as if there wasn't enough in this game. It's really minor but I noticed in the village there's a notice from the herbalist saying she wants honeycomb; lots of it and at a very good price. So, sure enough if you collect some honeycomb (by using igni on hives) and sell them to her she takes them all off your hands at 90% of their value instead of the usual poo poo you get for selling crap.

In what way is that unscripted.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

Lord Lambeth posted:

Found a barber. :allears:

gently caress this witcher poo poo. Geralt sold his swords and bought a Harley.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Mystery Prize posted:

Are you using borderless windows? Game freezes for me constantly on borderless windows but runs fine in fullscreen.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Also it's hilariously obvious how this game is designed primarily for consoles. The most obvious example is that mousing over something in your inventory counts as selecting it as if you were scrolling to it using a gamepad. So when you want to exit out the inventory you have to hold the mouse perfectly still or it will register as you selecting items so it won't let you escape out back to the game.

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

CJ posted:

In what way is that unscripted.

Perhaps I'm not using the right terminology. I just meant it's never pointed out to the player, not does the herbalist mention it at all. It's just there in the world for the player to take notice of on their own... or not. And that is something that is everywhere in the game design which is really cool.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Meat.. can you cook it?

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine

Robutt posted:

Where do I find this notice?

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
So anyone got any gwent tips?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

CrusherEAGLE posted:

On the notice board in White Orchard.

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

pissdude posted:

Meat.. can you cook it?

Asked this on the last page, someone please help my Geralt discover fire!

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

CrusherEAGLE posted:

I think I saw it on a note nailed to a tree along the main road in White Orchard.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

CrusherEAGLE posted:

On the notice board. You should check them all if you care about this kind of stuff. The quests are the big ones with a seal on them but if you read the small ones some of them give clues to stuff in the game world rather than just being flavour.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Traps are gone and you can now use potions in combat. Faster flow to combat.

Edit: Blade oils I think still need to be applied out of combat.

That sounds pretty good to me. Any knowledge needed from the previous games besides what's in the OP?

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

Keket posted:

Only played three games so far (not including the tutorial), but the strategy I've used so far is to use weaker cards in the first round and try to exhaust most of the opponents cards. Then decimate them in the following two rounds when they have basically nothing left. Cards with the 'medic' ability (return a discarded card to play) and ones that get deployed on the enemy side in exchange for drawing more cards are incredibly useful for this strategy.

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

I could never get in to Witchers 1 or 2 because the combat was somewhat off-putting. Specifically, the rigmarole of buffs and traps and pre-fight setup was stuff I was just not interested in. Is Witcher 3 any different in that regard?

no

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Infinity Gaia posted:

It's a bug, on mine I have to have the Igni alternate tile equipped or I don't get flamethrower. Enjoy your godmode.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
loving AI is poo poo in Gwent and cheats non stop

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Keket posted:

Ignore it till you can buy better cards. Pretty much every NPC that isn't a generic merchant has a deck that will play ~50 power in a turn. It's pretty dumb.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I feel nothing but seething hatred to whoever designed gwent. Especially bullshit cards like commander;s horn

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Arglebargle III posted:

Go to bin/config/base and find visuals.cfg. Set cutscene framerate higher and turn off oversampling.

So I've edited the file C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\base\visuals.ini and its contents are now:

code:
[Visuals]
Gamma=1
MovieFramerate=60.0
MovieUbersampling=false
But this doesn't do anything for some reason. Cutscenes still stutter and are 30 fps. Not sure why it's not picking up that change.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I have to admit I'm really not enjoying Blood and Broken Bones difficulty. The battles aren't too hard for me, but the necessity to spend resources to recover Vitality, no matter what, is really killing me, especially given how hard it is to build up a decent amount of money early on. I don't want to find the game too easy, so I haven't turned it down yet, but I'm getting there.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Is there a quest reward that is a new pair of witcher pants? Sold mine before I knew I had to upgrade them, can't get them back now

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is there anyway to permanently increase the strength of your crossbow bolts(besides getting a better crossbow)? I thought the craftable ones would infinite like the default bolts but nope it only gave me 20.

Also alt Igni seems kinda bad, at least at low levels. I'll see if it gets better as I level up. Alt Quen is amazing and replaces the health regen ability though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Abu Dave posted:

loving AI is poo poo in Gwent and cheats non stop

*casually plays out three spies in third round*

Harrow posted:

I have to admit I'm really not enjoying Blood and Broken Bones difficulty. The battles aren't too hard for me, but the necessity to spend resources to recover Vitality, no matter what, is really killing me, especially given how hard it is to build up a decent amount of money early on. I don't want to find the game too easy, so I haven't turned it down yet, but I'm getting there.

Stick with it! I'm usually of the pretty firm opinion that my power fantasies should be enjoyed on the default difficulty but B&BB feels so right for this game. You eventually hit this threshold [mine was around the first Gryphon School Treasure Hunt] where you're finally no longer scrounging for pennies, have some strong gear on, and start to come into your badassdom.

Russian Remoulade fucked around with this message at 01:49 on May 21, 2015