Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is saying things are extreme an extreme statement in of itself? that's mind loving I tell you.

but I'm not exaggerating.. they act like children with the vocabulary of adults. at least the parts I see anyway. and how many accusations of paedofilia and molestation have we had in this thread about JK? like I said, it ain't much better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

echinopsis posted:

and how many accusations of paedofilia and molestation have we had in this thread about JK?
On a scale of labrador to aibo how severe is your autism?

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Goon does not understand jokes, hyperbole.

News at 6.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

You'll never guess what jokes this goon didn't understand! When you see it, you'll cry!

Fixed that for ya.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

echinopsis posted:

and how many accusations of paedofilia and molestation have we had in this thread about JK?

how many of those were by barons tho

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Goon does not understand jokes, hyperbole.

News at 6.

welp they must be some lovely fuckin' jokes if they are exactly the same as what I read on facebook and here people talk, or see on twitter etc.

maybe politics exists on some entirely higher level of irony and joking and I can't comprehend

Exclamation Marx posted:

how many of those were by barons tho

most if not all

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

echinopsis posted:

welp they must be some lovely fuckin' jokes if they are exactly the same as what I read on facebook and here people talk, or see on twitter etc.
Maybe the people on twitter and facebook are also joking. :iiam:

quote:

maybe politics exists on some entirely higher level of irony and joking and I can't comprehend
I like it when people say something ironically but it's true. That's like, double irony. That's a slam-dunk in hipster scrabble. Have you considered the fact that you're the alter-ego of Captain Killjoy? :ms:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

tbf, politics is a joke.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lipz4NThtRE&t=242s
4:03

but watch the whole thing carter is so loving incompetent

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

That sign language translator is earning her money.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

echinopsis posted:

most if not all

Barons can't help his John Key shitposting, it's a cry for help.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
haha i didn't notice this

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

echinopsis posted:

welp they must be some lovely fuckin' jokes
They are, this thread(and most of this subforum) has never had anything funny posted in it.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

Exclamation Marx posted:

haha i didn't notice this

Countdown till that gif shows up on Stuff/Herald/TV3 :D

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

A human heart posted:

They are, this thread(and most of this subforum) has never had anything funny posted in it.

Flagchat was kind of amusing.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

A human heart posted:

lol

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Oh god! She's crushing her!

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Exclamation Marx posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lipz4NThtRE&t=242s
4:03

but watch the whole thing carter is so loving incompetent

carter is the most annoying person in a room that has the national government in it too

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Tomorrow I'm gonna be on Backbenchers. I have been warned not to call Collins "crusher" to her face, and now that it's in my head I'm gonna have to try really hard not to.

were u the guy w/ a silver ponytail

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Nah I didn't manage to get on camera. Kinda disappointed honestly. The people with the huge weed signs were constantly blocking my view. :argh:

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Pretty sure I told you to take a big sign to wave.

You've no one to blame but yourself.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/68690820/social-media-posts-point-to-arson-in-rotorua-girls-high-blaze

Holy lol them facebook posts

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I think the real news is that Facebook is still being used by high school students.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Barons can't help his John Key shitposting, it's a cry for help.

El Pollo Blanco posted:

The real story here is not that Key hosed up by harassing a waitress

Tell me more.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

Ghostlight posted:

I think the real news is that Facebook is still being used by high school students.

Whaaa facebook aint going anywhere anytime soon

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I remember reading in the Herald they were all using Bebo or something now so parents couldn't spy on them. That fact is true but I'm only being like 10% serious about posting them because "wow, how dumb do you have to be to post your crimes on social media?" isn't just a stupid question at this point, it's obnoxiously axiomatic, but there's really no other response to that news article.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

That was way back when unless it had some crazy resurgence

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Yeah I didn't realise bebo still existed because the last time I knew of anyone using it was almost ten years ago.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Yeah, it was the cool thing for cool kids back when I was in high school. As far as I'm aware, most of them are on Facebook now instead. Didn't Bebo close down?

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

You should probably consider a career as a Stuff journalist if you're going to take quotes that out of context (nowhere in that post did I suggest that Key isn't a slimy poo poo for his hair pulling antics).

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
John Campbell gone (he quit)

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
Come at me Rachel Glucina

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

lol what cowardice releasing this at the same time as the budget

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Exclamation Marx posted:

lol what cowardice releasing this at the same time as the budget

I know :(

Mister Panos
Jan 26, 2011

7th straight budget of absolute poo poo gently caress this country and gently caress the people in charge amen.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Hadn't his rating had a boost since the news of the show being under threat came out?

I guess management had already made up their mind to revamp with or without him.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
possible raise in benefits :prepop:

Red_Museum posted:

Hadn't his rating had a boost since the news of the show being under threat came out?

I guess management had already made up their mind to revamp with or without him.

actually increased viewership on the 6:00 news iirc

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

Red_Museum posted:

Read my post where I say he quit also where I challenged Rachel Glucina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen

puchu posted:

Read my post where I say he quit also where I challenged Rachel Glucina

I'm assuming him quitting was their revamp making him feel his position was untenable/wasn't going to be his show anymore.

You're probably safe from Rachel Glucina unless you're an All Black or she knows your boss.

• Locked thread