Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

He still has his shirt on when they come out, though.

it's basically a tube top :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Whatever the dvds will be uncensored when they come out.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The 7th Stand User is pretty fun. I'm a bit burnt out on it now, but I got the Avdol Ending, which was cool, and the Joseph Ending, which was so awesome that I'm assuming it's the best ending in the game.

Unfortunately for me, I raised FP with the party a lot so I had a very hard fight with Vins at the end of my first playthrough. Easier to manage the second playthrough around, though.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Condiv posted:

yeah, that and "why didn't polnareff jump out of the circle and escape vanilla's attack", completely ignoring that that would require polnareff using his mangled leg to push

really, the only problem I have with araki's version of the vanilla ice fight is why vanilla ice has only half-vampire/ghoul, and why him dying a second time completed his transition into an undead. that can be kind of explained though if vanilla's head hadn't actually died yet when dio resuscitated him with his blood

I guess you could explain it as, when Ice chopped off his head, he missed his brainstem, whereas when Polnareff attacked him, he pierced his brainstem.

The stone mask works by piercing the brainstem.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

YF-23 posted:

And on the flipside, manga gives you as much time as you want to take in a shot. I felt the first copper's death in part 1 where Dio just cut off half his head like that and killed the other guys with the flying body parts was much better delivered in the manga where you could just linger on the panels. Granted, there was also the censorship in the anime TV release, but I felt the pace of the action didn't help either.
Yep, this is true too.

I appreciate the anime, but the manga is still the definitive version for me.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
I've been wondering if Viz will nicely reprint Part 3 after they finally print Part 2. Have they said anything about their JoJo plans after that?

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Probably, because Jojonium releases (i.e. Part 1 & 2) also include Part 3 and onward.

edit: vvv

Oh, that's true. Hopefully the releases continue because Jojonium books rock. I own Part 3 in original tiny tankobon form and it sucks reading them.

jyrque fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 20, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
JoJonium only covers up to Part 3. Part 4 has yet to receive a JoJonium release and that might be because the anime hasn't started yet.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I really want DavidPro to animate Vento Aureo just to see how they handle Fugo.

Are they going to give him the same send-off as the manga? Maybe adapt Purple Haze Feedback as a gaiden series? These are things I must know!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'd be very surprised if PHF was included in the Part 5 adaptation in any form. It's not written by Araki, right?

e: if they do animate PHF, they better do a fuckin Jorge Joestar OVA.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
None of the light novels are written by Araki. He did a bit of art for all of them, but none of them are actually canon so they will most definitely not be adapted by David Pro. If they are, I swear to loving god there had better by a Jorge Joestar one because that sounds infinitely more fun.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Relin posted:

Didn't the OVA also excise the stupid bit with iggy knowing what DIO looked and sounded like (and also somehow being able to aurally mimic him)? They both have problems, but I like the TV version better.

I don't think they'll be able to top the OVA version of the final fight though.

imo, dio's VA is way better in the tv version so it will edge out the ova. plus, did the ova have waldo in it cause if the anime does i'm going to flip my poo poo

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
If we're talking about what parts we want David to get to, I just finished Stone Ocean and would kill to see Pucci's gravity shenanigans in motion.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I really want DavidPro to animate Vento Aureo just to see how they handle Fugo.

Are they going to give him the same send-off as the manga? Maybe adapt Purple Haze Feedback as a gaiden series? These are things I must know!

They'd probably keep it about the same, and maybe throw in a scene towards the end to give his plotline a little extra resolution, like they did with Runaway Girl.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Beef Waifu posted:

None of the light novels are written by Araki. He did a bit of art for all of them, but none of them are actually canon so they will most definitely not be adapted by David Pro. If they are, I swear to loving god there had better by a Jorge Joestar one because that sounds infinitely more fun.

PHF is awesome. Jorge Joestar is alright, but way more dense and weird than it needs to be.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I should probably read PHF, but on top of me not giving a poo poo about Fugo, I still need to read Over Heaven. Which I never will, because whoever translated this thing decided to write Jotaro's name as kuujou joutarou and my eyes immediately exploded so now I am blind and until someone releases a braille version, I'm not able.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Beef Waifu posted:

I should probably read PHF, but on top of me not giving a poo poo about Fugo, I still need to read Over Heaven. Which I never will, because whoever translated this thing decided to write Jotaro's name as kuujou joutarou and my eyes immediately exploded so now I am blind and until someone releases a braille version, I'm not able.

Over Heaven isn't that great anyway. Just imagine being a Hellsing fan and having to put up with people saying "Arrukard".

Fugo and Purple Haze totally rock, though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

PHF was a surprisingly good read, I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did.

I also think the final scene with Fugo and Giorno also works pretty well as an end to Part 5 because we get to see what Giorno is like as a Mafia boss, which is neat. I doubt it'd get animated though.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

On the other hand, the Rohan side stories are cannon...

I really want to see Rohan goes to the Louvre animated as a short.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

WickedHate posted:

Just imagine being a Hellsing fan and having to put up with people saying "Arrukard".

I feel the Hunter X Hunter creator solved those debates by choosing to romanize a character generally called "Chrollo Lucifer" as "Quwrof Wrlccywrlir".

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

They'd probably keep it about the same, and maybe throw in a scene towards the end to give his plotline a little extra resolution, like they did with Runaway Girl.

I'd be cool if they just animated the scene of Fugo walking into that stadium that starts off Purple Haze Feedback.

Or just some of Giorno's men going to pick him up.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I also think the final scene with Fugo and Giorno also works pretty well as an end to Part 5 because we get to see what Giorno is like as a Mafia boss, which is neat.

Not to mention Giorno obtaining his father's CHARISMA.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 21, 2015

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

WickedHate posted:

PHF is awesome. Jorge Joestar is alright, but way more dense and weird than it needs to be.

Speaking of Jorge Joestar, has there ever been an English translation?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I think someone's working on one but gently caress knows where and how far along they are

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

The most recent post I can find of any kind on a JJ translation is from February 2014.

Even if is still ongoing, I'd be surprised if they're trying to translate the whole thing for a single release, rather than put it out in parts, because that book is loving huge and there's such a big demand for a translation.

e: seriously though it's never going to happen

melodicwaffle fucked around with this message at 04:42 on May 21, 2015

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

"Are they still on Namek?"

"Are they still on the boat?"

"Are they still looking for the basement?"

"Are they still trying to find someone to translate Jorge Joestar?"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I think someone's working on one but gently caress knows where and how far along they are

It's BuddyWaters on twitter, I believe.
It's not an issue of if it is being done, it's just slow but it's going to be, it's a lot more wordy than manga.

He's the dude who did PHF so if you thought that was well done, it'll be worth the wait.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
"Sometimes I think I do my best writing translating something mediocre. Elevating crap is my real skill."

Yeah, he's working on it. :v:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's a small detail about a new character being revealed in this month's jojolion that people have picked up on that basically guarantees something we already knew

she's basically the 'new' version of cars based on her name of 'Sakunami Karera' which carries on the same naming scheme as the other rock people apparently. pic under second spoiler and the physical resemblance is at least sorta there

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Araki sort of hosed up the scale on her feet.

Viz tweeted at me after I asked them for clarification about Phantom Blood volume 3 and they said it's 27th August for UK/EU and it's listed as 4th August for US.

e: JJL 43 transcript by HWMN's translator.
https://mangahelpers.com/t/kewl0210/releases/41337

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 08:48 on May 21, 2015

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Nice suspenders

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Ain't nothing wrong with a woman with large feet.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Aurain posted:

Araki sort of hosed up the scale on her feet.

I bet you'd shame Peggy Hill too.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Her name is Sakunami Karera , and she will take a size sixteen and a half!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

all the rock people have had really large feet, we just haven't noticed until now

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

So, no chance of a Blu-Ray then?

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
I hope this means we get a new Awaken, My Masters! in Jojolion?

Is it not coming to EU then, or is that later?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I thought the best-selling manga in Japan was One Piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ChaosArgate posted:

So, no chance of a Blu-Ray then?

I'll be pretty surprised if they don't have one planned.

• Locked thread