Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Flavahbeast posted:

apparently they maybe forgot to remove /betabuff? lol

No loving way. :soe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
Nah it looks like it was actually heroic characters, which is still funny.

edit or maybe it was that half elf bards start at level 50? What the gently caress haha

Michael Bayleaf fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 20, 2015

Dompy Bear
Sep 9, 2004
Have you had your gin today?
Apparently they left HEROIC CHARACTER in. People were getting the heroic, which is deleveled to 50, and using it to PL their alts.There is already a lvl 12 toon in crushbone.

And they just announced they wont be doing a rollback, just deleting the 50s.

The NerdRage TM will be legendary.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Aw dang, even got off early today. Hope the server isn't down too long.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Dont heroic characters start with 25,000 plat?

What a bunch of dumb assholes

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Basfreak67 posted:

Apparently they left HEROIC CHARACTER in. People were getting the heroic, which is deleveled to 50, and using it to PL their alts.There is already a lvl 12 toon in crushbone.

And they just announced they wont be doing a rollback, just deleting the 50s.

The NerdRage TM will be legendary.

Yeah just look at the subreddit. People using the phrase "loving travesty" a lot. Pretty hilarious.

Just follow Holly Windstalker on Twitter for updates. She's pretty good at updating everyone on the situation: https://twitter.com/TheWindstalker/with_replies

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
:holymoley:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

Dont heroic characters start with 25,000 plat?

What a bunch of dumb assholes

From what I understand nobody was using heroic boosts intentionally, people were just spawning as them randomly when they made new characters but without any plat (that's a one-time thing even though you can delete a heroic character and re-use the token). Nerds are pooping themselves over some people getting buffs or a bit of poweleveling from the boosted characters and I honestly couldn't care less.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

joshtothemaxx posted:

Yeah just look at the subreddit. People using the phrase "loving travesty" a lot. Pretty hilarious.

Just follow Holly Windstalker on Twitter for updates. She's pretty good at updating everyone on the situation: https://twitter.com/TheWindstalker/with_replies

quote:

Everyone needs to recognize that we are handling it. No one has an advantage. We have DATA and can track EVERYTHING.

AFAIK this is a straight up lie unless something has changed recently, they cant see characters or items that were created but never stuck around long enough for the character to update with the server

Characters are saved multiple ways, on login, when you zone, if you do a trade and wait awhile after it, without the character being saved any changes to it arent saved, which is why to /testcopy you need to zone or log out and back in. The character isnt saved on log out though, only log in. So a way of exploiting i.e. hiding stolen/exploited/duped goods is to make a level 1, use it to help shuffle around the items/plat (cant drop plat anymore though), then log it out quickly and delete it. That will cut off the trail but they can still manually search for the item and still find where its new location is, however they arent going to do that very often which is why its so hard to get CSR to restore a deleted or dropped item that doesnt just show up to them, they dont want to spend the 5 minutes it takes to manually find it.

Vag Assault Weapon fucked around with this message at 00:58 on May 21, 2015

Dompy Bear
Sep 9, 2004
Don't get me wrong, the whole fiasco is a total joke.

But neckbeards will be neckbeards.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Ragefire is up.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

joshtothemaxx posted:

Ragefire is up.

Reddit says level 50s are back :toot:

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

a real jerk posted:

Reddit says level 50s are back :toot:

Yeah, they just broadcasted in game that they were aware.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Truly we are god's chosen people.

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007

joshtothemaxx posted:

Ragefire is up.

Oh sweet the server is unlocked. I'll make a new char and see what people are talking about in general chat:

:what:

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
Some people were saying they started at level 1 with full spells and gear. This is incredible

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

How in the world do you mess up a launch this badly? When the game already exists? And they've done this before?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Lord Binky posted:

Some people were saying they started at level 1 with full spells and gear. This is incredible

Yeah, at this point I can easily see them saying "gently caress it" and wiping.

I wonder what's causing all this. The beta didn't have any of this stuff.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

:pray: Wipe the server and wipe one or more other servers on accident. I believe in you DBG! :pray:

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007

a real jerk posted:

:pray: Wipe the server and wipe one or more other servers on accident. I believe in you DBG! :pray:

Well you can't even access the server list now...

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

joshtothemaxx posted:

How in the world do you mess up a launch this badly? When the game already exists? And they've done this before?

Massive fuckups are part of the true Eq experience.

Yeah, this is the third tlp launch. I don't remember the others granting 50s on day one. It must be dbg miracle.

I hope something like defiant starts dropping to further engage the neck beards looking for a time machine back to 1999.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I MANAGED TO LOG IN FOR TWO MINUTES AND MAKE EDRICK

then the servers went down. /who all 50, too many to return. and login is down too, so you cant play any everquest server. thanks TLP!

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Test login is working just fine

You know what this means, come play with me on test, you will probably end up getting the same exact experience as ragefire at this point

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007
This still isn't as good as my first EQ experience. Game launch in 1999, sitting in the login server chat rooms for the first week while Verant tried to figure out what the hell an MMO was and how servers worked. Good times :allears:

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

They're going to wipe Ragefire. Hopefully it'll be up in a couple hours.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Probably more than a couple according to the forum post: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ragefire-update-may-20-7pm-pdt.221074/

quote:

It will be at least a few hours until Ragefire is ready

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Well that's loving classic for you.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Node posted:

I MANAGED TO LOG IN FOR TWO MINUTES AND MAKE EDRICK

then the servers went down. /who all 50, too many to return. and login is down too, so you cant play any everquest server. thanks TLP!

Thanks TLP.

Thatlp.

unclenutzzy
Jun 6, 2007
Why are people freaking out so much about names on the tlp?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

unclenutzzy posted:

Why are people freaking out so much about names on the tlp?

Because they're terrible.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
So they brought the server back up and only allowed a certain amount of people on to test character creation aaand there's level 50s again

Dompy Bear
Sep 9, 2004

quote:

We're taking Ragefire offline for the rest of tonight.

We appreciate everyone's patience as we work to resolve the issues with this server.

@Everquest

Taken from the EQ twitter page.

Put away the popcorn boys, show's over till tomorrow.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
My name was taken before the wipe, managed to snag it back after wipe.
I'm satisfied until they get this poo poo sorted.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

:lol: :soe:

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I should not be able to have this much fun because of a video game when I am neither observing nor taking an active role in it. Thank you, Daybreak... you are still amoral penny-pinching pricks who don't give a toss about customer service or your player base and who are going to destroy EQ, but your fantastic incompetence is at the least good for a larf right now.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

JustJeff88 posted:

who are going to destroy EQ

yea that happened quite a while ago already

Calbiyum
May 18, 2015
Game was meant for like windows 98 yo calmdown this poo poo is hard to do.

http://www.ragefired.com/

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I'm a grown man. I have a family. I was in the military. All I wanted was to play everquest with my family. I took off time from the lumberyard (had to beg the boss). Now they saying Ragefire off line.

WELL HOW ARE YOU NOT MAD. I GOT KIDS CRYING WIFE YELLIN ABOUT TO LEAVE ME. MY DOG KEEPS BARKING. YES WE ARE ANGRY CUZ THE SERVER AINT UP. BUT BROWN NOSERS LIKE YOU MAKE PEOPLE LIKE ME REALLY ANGRY. THIS GAME BEEN OUT SO LONG WHY THEY HAVE IT NOT READY IS UNACCEPTABLE.

Calbiyum
May 18, 2015
maybe next time. ty 4 your service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

Lord Binky posted:

I'm a grown man. I have a family. I was in the military. All I wanted was to play everquest with my family. I took off time from the lumberyard (had to beg the boss). Now they saying Ragefire off line.

WELL HOW ARE YOU NOT MAD. I GOT KIDS CRYING WIFE YELLIN ABOUT TO LEAVE ME. MY DOG KEEPS BARKING. YES WE ARE ANGRY CUZ THE SERVER AINT UP. BUT BROWN NOSERS LIKE YOU MAKE PEOPLE LIKE ME REALLY ANGRY. THIS GAME BEEN OUT SO LONG WHY THEY HAVE IT NOT READY IS UNACCEPTABLE.

I worked at Xbox tech support and we were doing free RRoD returns and such. One guy was legit mad that he took off work waiting for UPS to drop off the box to send his xbox back. Well the box didn't show up so he bitched me out exactly like this. I didn't know what to do so I just laughed and then he got even more pissed.