Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

according to some1 in the games thread, where everyone sounds like DarkSydePhil, theres a secret boss rush mode somewhere in the chalice dungeons... but i cant find a glyph for it yet. its in the official guide though

:eyepop: cant wait for this to get figured out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

has anyone posted a glyph for the rom dungeon

sector_corrector posted:

that's awesome. do you have a link to anything about them?

i asked for a glyph in the games thread but i didnt get a reply, ill try looking on google in a minute. as for info about them, theres apparently a paragraph in the official guide that mentions it. i dont have the guide though so i cant tell u exactly.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hey sector, or anyone else, are you still interested in a coop run? I haven't played this in a while and I've got the hankering and don't want to jump back into my ng+ dude ATM.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i'd be interested in a co-op run

i have two pieces of info that may not be widely known

1. the wooden shield halves the damage from rom's meteors :megadeath:

2. https://twitter.com/giwamasa/status/601188166930862080 dlc confirmed :hellyeah:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hitting new game and having the opening cutscene play makes me want to play this entire game again ASAP.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

2. https://twitter.com/giwamasa/status/601188166930862080 dlc confirmed :hellyeah:

gently caress yes!!! Dlc!!!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the dlc will have you go back in time and fight ludwig

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
:D

Dec 26, 2012

GulagDolls posted:

hell yeah

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i would do a co-op run. i have my skill guy at level 10 or so who just beat cleric beast. how do they work exactly? i've never done one for one of these games before.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i would do a co-op run. i have my skill guy at level 10 or so who just beat cleric beast. how do they work exactly? i've never done one for one of these games before.

I just started a guy to do it. For this game we both need 10 insight so we can buy the small bell and get the summoning bell. Then we just set a password and play through the game trading areas. I've never done one either but it seems really fun. About to fight cleric beast and then Gascogne, seems to be the easiest way to reach 10 insight

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

GulagDolls posted:

i'M excited for this epic dlc

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I will buy every piece of DLC they make for Bloodborne with a smile on my face, knowing that I'm about to get several more hours of enjoyment out of my 2015 GOTY (current)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

I will buy every piece of DLC they make for Bloodborne with a smile on my face, knowing that I'm about to get several more hours of enjoyment out of my 2015 GOTY (current)

its hosed up that Bloodborne will be remembered as the second best game of the year, behind metal gear solid V, forever.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

its hosed up that Bloodborne will be remembered as the second best game of the year, behind metal gear solid V, forever.

what you view as hosed up, i view as a great year for gaming, that a game as fully sick as Bloodborne will only be the SECOND BEST GAME to come out this year

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I just started a guy to do it. For this game we both need 10 insight so we can buy the small bell and get the summoning bell. Then we just set a password and play through the game trading areas. I've never done one either but it seems really fun. About to fight cleric beast and then Gascogne, seems to be the easiest way to reach 10 insight

ok, i'm busy all day tomorrow... i can possibly get some game time on friday though and would be able to catch up to gascoigne by that part

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

GulagDolls posted:

omg

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

what you view as hosed up, i view as a great year for gaming, that a game as fully sick as Bloodborne will only be the SECOND BEST GAME to come out this year

gently caress yeah. 2015 is the 1998 of the 2010s.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

ok, i'm busy all day tomorrow... i can possibly get some game time on friday though and would be able to catch up to gascoigne by that part

Cool. Ill get this guy ready and leave off when i have the bell.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I feel like a loving retard...had Gascogne down to one hit left and I had full health and I got stun locked by the werewolf form. I didn't even know you could take damage as you got up from being knocked down, and that's all he did as i was trapped in a corner. Well, maybe before Friday I'll beat him. Trying out the axe for the first time time, btw, and it's my least favorite of the starting weapons.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

rediscover posted:

saw cleaver for the god damned win.

Dec 26, 2012

this except the spear

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

01011001 posted:

this except the spear

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
saw spear unironically the best quality weapon in game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
the saw spear is also insanely sick

Dec 26, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

saw spear unironically the best quality weapon in game

second to ludwig's but it's way good

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

ludwigs is the best weapon in the game, i think

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

true

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

it's hosed up and also it's really good.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

rediscover posted:

ludwigs is the best weapon in the game, i think

you think correctly

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Ludwig's is soooooo good but I gotta give the Burial Blade an honest go full upgraded and gemmed before I rule it out.

It scales off 3 stats and has good animations and the transform reach is ridiculous and it knocks down all day

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Ludwig's is soooooo good but I gotta give the Burial Blade an honest go full upgraded and gemmed before I rule it out.

It scales off 3 stats and has good animations and the transform reach is ridiculous and it knocks down all day

the scaling on arcane wont matter unless you put elemental gems in it in which case you might as well go full arcane...the strength scaling is also pretty bad so pure skill would probably be best

Dec 26, 2012

the minor arcane damage mostly just makes it impossible to turn the damage to all fire or all bolt or whatever as far as i can tell unless you did go full arcane or something

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the burial blade is by far the sickest trick weapon and the rally health gain on it is absurd

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the burial blade is by far the sickest trick weapon and the rally health gain on it is absurd

I know it's normally a ng+ wep but I assume I could find a seed with uncanny variation or something. Wouldn't mind doing a playthrough with it, I've never really used it

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

in my iopinon, the stake driver is the sickest quality weapon, as i feel incredibly powerful while using it. it has drawbacks, but the heart wants what the heart wants

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i just exploded someone with the stake driver a few minutes ago, and on a related note i need someone who can read japanese to translate a message

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

in my iopinon, the stake driver is the sickest quality weapon, as i feel incredibly powerful while using it. it has drawbacks, but the heart wants what the heart wants

one must always respect the weapon with the single strongest attack in the game

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the stake driver is rlly good in upper cathedral ward because people will either a. try to battle you through closed doors with charged r2s....good luck or b. get caught by a squid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

one must always respect the weapon with the single strongest attack in the game

using it on NPCs is intensely satisfying