Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

RattiRatto posted:

This make me think: they die at the same speed in fleet fights (not small scale i mean), so it's definitely better a DIC since the bubble will still stay up after they start to fill the SRP loss.
Obviously HICs are really good for infinite point, but that is the only use i can see so far.

Moveable AFK bubbles for ~smallgang~ gate camps, within Dek, by Theta squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

RattiRatto posted:

Obviously HICs are really good for infinite point, but that is the only use i can see so far.

Honestly, that's pretty much it. However, this isn't quite as terrible as everyone makes it out to be - they're mission-critical for lowsec super hunting because of it. They have a very small niche, but they're essential within said niche.

E: actually IIRC lowsec gatecampers use them a lot as well because they can tank the poo poo out of gate guns and with enough sebos you're not getting past them in anything short of an interceptor or cloaky

ChickenWing fucked around with this message at 14:09 on May 21, 2015

cybertier
May 2, 2013
I learned about infinipoint when I learned why you shouldn't haul your own stuff on your mainchar. :shobon:
I had two gates through highsec to go to the wormhole entrance where I wanted to bring my stuff. Easy enough.

Multiple warpcorestabs. What could happen? They won't get multiple tacklers on you before you warp off. A single wartarget at the gate. You are stab'd, nothing can happen. Why can't I warp?

Well... Don't haul stuff through highsec on a wardecked character. HICs don't care about warpcorestabs.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

It's mostly just hit up Vyst about getting transferred from MWO only to all of GF access if I recall. There should be a post in the MWO subforum about it.

Yes

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

I haven't followed EVE in a good long time so whatever happened to Dust?

Is it totally dead? Literally not seen it mentioned anywhere in over a year I think.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I wonder whats going to happen when CCP is forced to go on strike because ~Icelandic unions~

Julien
Jun 26, 2007

Meanies only take NO
for an answer!

cybertier posted:

Well... Don't haul stuff through highsec on a wardecked character. HICs don't care about warpcorestabs.

I recently learned to stay out of the trade hubs with a wardecked character. That's a good way to get killed fast. Also if you're going to attempt a station break out when surrounded by WTs insure your ship. :(

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?

vyst posted:

I wonder whats going to happen when CCP is forced to go on strike because ~Icelandic unions~

We'll wait until they come back, because ~gently caress capital~

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!
We talking things we learned? How about don't pack a third of the stuff you just ripped off of a pubbie corp and try to make that "one last jump" through low sec space, even when all the people are docked up. Because they can undock and get on gate faster than you can align to the gate...

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Invest in a blockade runner, sail through every gatecamp ever while flipping them the bird.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
So there's a post on reddit I was directed to that seemed kind of nice, just a short post about how a friend got a person interested in eve by introducing them through a women specific/ GSM group. Just a short post about being happy to introduce new players to the game. Unfortunately, they neglected to remember their audience.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Dalael posted:

or better yet, afk ratting

If you're really suggesting that someone spends their one hour of eve time a day loving afk ratting then you are the dumbest piece of poo poo I have ever had the misfortune of coming across.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

grumplestiltzkin posted:

If you're really suggesting that someone spends their one hour of eve time a day loving afk ratting then you are the dumbest piece of poo poo I have ever had the misfortune of coming across.

Yep.

I would suggest doing what others have said. Stage a dozen or so throw-away frigs in an active area and lose'em gloriously.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

grumplestiltzkin posted:

While I agree he's a dumb piece of poo poo, people are free to do whatever makes them the most content with their gaming experience and one should not belittle the choices!

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I did my first suicide gank yesterday (which was also my first kill ever) and even though it was a lovely little mining frigate it was really fun. I have since joined miniluv to kill even more pubbies

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Dalael posted:

You can always try solo pvp, small gang pvp, miner ganking in high sec, ratting (or better yet, afk ratting). CTA/Strat ops are pretty much the only things you can't properly do in under an hour. The form up alone is often 30+ minutes.

I proposed much better activities first, then moved on to the ratting because, believe it or not, some people are into that sort of thing. :shrug:
At least i'm not advocating for mining.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Deofuta posted:

So there's a post on reddit I was directed to that seemed kind of nice, just a short post about how a friend got a person interested in eve by introducing them through a women specific/ GSM group. Just a short post about being happy to introduce new players to the game. Unfortunately, they neglected to remember their audience.

quote:

[–]ivain 22 points 5 hours ago
made for women and lgbt folks
While your intention is good, I'm depressed we have to make this kind of specific community. I'd prefer we could live together without giving a poo poo if you prefer dicks or chicks, white chocolate or dark chocolate.

Yes, why in the world would we need places where people who are regularly discriminated against can play the game together without hearing sexist, racist chat on comms, Mr. 20-34 year old white male with a well-paying job in IT Reddit User.

ApocalypseMeow
Mar 4, 2008

I love the smell of Catnip in the morning....Smells like Victory.

Drythe posted:

I did my first suicide gank yesterday (which was also my first kill ever) and even though it was a lovely little mining frigate it was really fun. I have since joined miniluv to kill even more pubbies

You are definitely on the right track, even blowing up a venture can produce some quality rage in local :jihad:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I guess I shouldn't have podded him to get local rage

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

-Troika- posted:

Invest in a blockade runner, sail through every gatecamp ever while flipping them the bird.

Yeah, I've got one. This was a freighter, unfortunately. I should have just logged for the night, tried it again in a different time zone, but :effort:.

The good news is that the insurance on freighters is nuts.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Drythe posted:

I guess I shouldn't have podded him to get local rage

If they're really mad they'll PM you, so don't let that slow you down.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Oh, ok then!

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

RattiRatto posted:

This make me think: they die at the same speed in fleet fights (not small scale i mean), so it's definitely better a DIC since the bubble will still stay up after they start to fill the SRP loss.

Hictors are also pretty scary as combat shops these days and pressing the button drops their mass by a ton so you see them a lot in wormholes. I've also heard of wolf-rayet lml victors that can for into frigate holes and put out 1k DPs.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Ciaphas posted:

Is there a trick to making the mumble overlay work in this? I tried for an hour to pin it down earlier and it just never worked, whether I launched Eve or Mumble first, whether it was in Fullscreen or Windowed, whatever.

In addition to :ullerrm:'s suggestion, a much more ghetto way to do it would be OnTopReplica.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Drythe posted:

Congratulations on discovering the best thing in eve, pissing in the cereal of high sec pubbies.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Yes, why in the world would we need places where people who are regularly discriminated against can play the game together without hearing sexist, racist chat on comms, Mr. 20-34 year old white male with a well-paying job in IT Reddit User.

Look, as part of the single most catered to population metric around, I simply don't understand why groups need to take the effort to develop these sorts of 'artificial distinctions.' Sexism ended in the 20's after all.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Because that totally wasn't GoonSwarm 3 years ago or anything... :ironicat:

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

EponymousMrYar posted:

Passive Targeters are a thing, which lets someone lock you and scan you without you knowing for however long the passive targeter cycle lasts. Or someone wanted a high sec gank for whatever reason.

We went over this 10 pages ago, this isn't how these work.

Edit:

cybertier posted:

Multiple warpcorestabs. What could happen? They won't get multiple tacklers on you before you warp off. A single wartarget at the gate. You are stab'd, nothing can happen. Why can't I warp?

A improperly, or even decently tanked industrial with a full rack of warp core stabs will die to vexors before it hits warp.

The moral of the story is, never haul on any war dec'd character, never haul in a T1 industrial, and if you haul in a BR, do the cloak+mwd trick at every gate.

Double edit:

Drythe posted:

:shobon: ganker of my heart :swoon: link the mails, link the tears

DisgracelandUSA fucked around with this message at 16:01 on May 21, 2015

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

DisgracelandUSA posted:

The moral of the story is, never haul on any war dec'd character, never haul in a T1 industrial, and if you haul in a BR, do the cloak+mwd trick at every gate.

The real moral of the story is that there's High-Sec schmucks who will cart your poo poo around for pennies. If you're feeling unattached to this poo poo, they'll also collect a contract with a stupid high collateral, so feel free to blow them up instead of selling your wares in the marketplace.

Fox_bat
Mar 6, 2010

ChickenWing posted:

Honestly, that's pretty much it. However, this isn't quite as terrible as everyone makes it out to be - they're mission-critical for lowsec super hunting because of it. They have a very small niche, but they're essential within said niche.

E: actually IIRC lowsec gatecampers use them a lot as well because they can tank the poo poo out of gate guns and with enough sebos you're not getting past them in anything short of an interceptor or cloaky

T2 bubble Hictors are helpful for catching fast stuff on gates not just in lowsec because the bubble is 24KM radius compared to a dictor's 20KM radius bubbles.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Is there a trick to making the mumble overlay work in this? I tried for an hour to pin it down earlier and it just never worked, whether I launched Eve or Mumble first, whether it was in Fullscreen or Windowed, whatever.

Change from DX11 to DX9 in the launcher

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

whoosh

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Xolve posted:

Culture never progresses, attitudes never change, let's all go beat up queers, then gently caress this gay Earth.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Fox_bat posted:

T2 bubble Hictors are helpful for catching fast stuff on gates not just in lowsec because the bubble is 24KM radius compared to a dictor's 20KM radius bubbles.

I still say dragging a bubble around with you has way more potential for problems, plus it's not like a dictor can't drop two more bubbles while mwding towards its target.

cybertier
May 2, 2013

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Yeah I learned my lesson and never touch highsec any more (didn't train a ganking alt yet).
I do my hauling through PushX now. Whose ship got promptly blown up on my first contract to them. :toot:

Lesson two: Allways collateral for what you paid, not for what some random page estimates.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

cybertier posted:

Yeah I learned my lesson and never touch highsec any more (didn't train a ganking alt yet).
I do my hauling through PushX now. Whose ship got promptly blown up on my first contract to them. :toot:

Lesson two: Allways collateral for what you paid, not for what some random page estimates.

Always collateral for more than you paid, so that if your package gets ganked you get paid for the inconvenience as well. In fact, collateral for the maximum they'll accept without charging more.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

RattiRatto posted:

A max buffer passive tanked broadsword has 120k ehp and can passive tank 700 dps. No bling, just t2 fit. If you have nanos instead of SPRs in the lows the thing goes like 2.5k overheated but only passive tanks 300

yeah, a ship with 120k ehp that goes 2.5km/s and has a 24km infinipoint. oh, it can also go into frigate wormholes. Yours today for only 250m

You can dps fit it to to get upwards of like 500 dps which is loving ridiculous, too

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

DisgracelandUSA posted:

:shobon: ganker of my heart :swoon: link the mails, link the tears

https://zkillboard.com/kill/46757830/

https://zkillboard.com/kill/46757832/

I hope I have time tonight to play, I want to find pubbies that have something more on them.

(I don't know what the hell I did with my character before. I think I ratted a lot and ended up hating this game, probably why I always quit after a week)

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
How are BPOs seeded? How can someone get a titan BPO, or like any type of BPO?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

How are BPOs seeded? How can someone get a titan BPO, or like any type of BPO?

By NPC sell orders. When you buy one from an NPC it's created then and there.

• Locked thread