Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pro Target

GEExCEE posted:

i've never been able to get into roguelikes, is there some game i hsould try or should i just give up on the genre alltogether

https://sites.google.com/site/broguegame/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao

GEExCEE posted:

i've never been able to get into roguelikes, is there some game i hsould try or should i just give up on the genre alltogether

binding of isaac or rogue legacy are two light versions of the genre. if you don't get into those yeah it's probably not for you

GEExCEE

Bo-Pepper posted:

what is your main issue with them various games that liken themselves as roguelikes try to fix certain problems

they're boring and arcane

GEExCEE

I want to be stimulated by the video games that I play because i Have the Mind of a Child

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy

GEExCEE posted:

I want to be stimulated by the video games that I play because i Have the Mind of a Child

dungeons of dredmore might be for you

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

GEExCEE posted:

then you want to play Crypt of the Necrodancer

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
is that actually good?

----------------

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

I have once again found my 3ds and will start playing bravely default this weekend

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i haven't played it myself but the videos i've seen look fun and the gameplay requires you keep to the beat of the music so you are constantly stimulated

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
the witcher 3 is very pretty and good

----------------

deep dish peat moss

GEExCEE posted:

Doom Roguelike

tao of lmao

Pomp posted:

the witcher 3 is very pretty and good

i've only watched streams, but the weather and water effects are really, really good.

3D Megadoodoo

i found a hang glider in Far Cry 2 and it was on top of like a 20 meter high cliff so i was only able to fly like two seconds WHAT FUN

then again the flare gun is the best gun in the game and i've had a lot of fun with it. it's almost as if some things in the game sucked and some didn't :wth:

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
far cry 2 could have been perfect if it was moddable

----------------

3D Megadoodoo

Pomp posted:

far cry 2 could have been perfect if it was moddable

judging by "statistics" screen it's also loving huge. i'm trying to breeze through it but there's just so much of it.

ron color
I want to beat dungeon crawl (stone soup)

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

a message from the darkness regarding crypt of the necrodancer

quote:

Awesome! wrote on May 21, 2015 12:38:
it is very good. i am probed today so i cant say it myself

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

ron color posted:

I want to beat dungeon crawl (stone soup)

this is a doable task i can offer help and advice if you like

ron color
im gonna win with a kobold betserker

ron color
I like crypt of the necrodancer a lot though I havenT played it since they added a fourth level

bog pixie

i love crypt of the necrodancer

VWVWV

the mechanical keyboard I use is my grandma's model m from 1987 :patriot:

ron color posted:

im gonna win with a kobold betserker
I got real good at flingin spellbooks at stuff with this build

Flynn Taggart

Splatoon is going to be awesome

Sordas Volantyr

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

GEExCEE posted:

risk of rain is really fun

cuntman.net

Hick Magnet posted:

Doom Roguelike

doomrl is really good im terrible at it but i still have a lot of fun

Sloppy Milkshake

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Sordas Volantyr posted:

risk of rain is really fun

ya i liked it a lot

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
i don't get risk of rain

----------------

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
either you do no damage or i'm supposed to play multiplayer idk

----------------

Korean Boomhauer
i learned and mastered the controls of space station 13 to find out that the goon servers will let you run a hitler gimmick if only one person is hitler, but if you say "Word" as a greeting ur making fun of black people and get put in admin jail

Korean Boomhauer
i switched over to some non goon server that has a playable piano that lets you feed MML scripts into it to play various songs which is cool as hell

i am he

who the hell uses "word" as a greeting?

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy

i am he posted:

I hear and use lots of words as greeting in california and most of them are of ambiguous irony to even us.

----------------

bog pixie

i am he posted:

word

tao of lmao

i am he posted:

i use it to be an "affirmative" "ok" "agreed" type context i hope that doesn't make me racist

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Bo-Pepper posted:

i'm close to 15 runing a naga of chei in dungeon crawl those words make sense together if you know what those words mean

i died at cerebov 12 runes in and it was completely my fault ahh well

cuntman.net

TWIST FIST posted:

doomrl is really good im terrible at it but i still have a lot of fun

got my first win :toot:

problematic hug

Bo-Pepper posted:

i've never been fond of pure casters

since we're talking shop, i'll say that the build i was working for was more hybrid than pure. polearms happen to work very well with ice beasts to keep you a space away and an ice shield that doesn't require hands. merfolk happen to be very good at polearms and good at ice magic. chei benefits both the casting and the melee, but if i had to be honest it's not the best strategic choice for a god. i wouldn't know what that would be

i am he

MinorLeagueAllstar posted:

i use it to be an "affirmative" "ok" "agreed" type context i hope that doesn't make me racist

ya that's what it means. it's not a greeting

shabbat goy

Did somebody re-make de_rats for CS:GO? Because I haven't played CS for ~6 years and if it doesn't have de_rats then I don't see any reason to buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

problematic hug

well, this seems familiar..

i finally managed to replicate my previous victory. several runs of not finding any of the parts i'm looking for are leading me towards new agent loadouts, but i'll definitely miss the dynamic duo of nika and internationale

guard slumber party :o: