Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

mafoose posted:

WTF I thought you were unionized?

he meant un-ionized, learn to read. :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So when I checked into that awesome motel yesterday, they made multiple copies of both my ID and debit card without asking me or telling me they would be making copies. And the clerk at the counter put one copy in her pocket. As soon as I saw what she was doing, I asked WTF. and she would only hand me the key card to the room and not say a word. Sketchy as poo poo.

Thanks. Had my identity stolen once so far, glad to help them steal it again. :fuckoff:

Only weird charge so far is they charged me :10bux: higher than they said they'd be charging me. ($45.99/night room, got dinged for $55.99 + taxes, receipt shows the proper amount). Already called my bank and had the card cancelled, and they confirmed that it's not legal to do an authorization hold for an expected tip or anything like that.

Also found out how quick you wind up on the owner's shitlist. Wind up with a room under the owner's ADD kids? Do you dare bitch about it? I did, and the running turned into stomping hard enough that the hair dryer and ironing board fell off the wall.

Wyndham has been useless, only saying "we'll get back to you in a week".

Pham Nuwen posted:

Dude you put like $400 worth of poo poo into your parents house every month, I swear you're always working on something there. Take that money and find a cheap room to rent somewhere with decent roommates (read: over 30 and don't do drugs so they won't steal your poo poo).

I go out of my loving skull staying at home for 2 weeks during Christmas and I really like my parents... Bro it's time to :getout:

Gotta love having parents that are pushing 70.

I don't mind at all spending a bit on my mom, I love her to death even if she does drive me crazy. Stepdad, on the other hand, is one of the biggest assholes I've ever known, on a good day.

And at the moment, I just can't afford to move. I'm still way behind on bills, though I'm starting to catch up. It's either own a car and be able to afford to eat, or rent a room and live on ramen (again). Or start sleeping in WalMart parking lots. I don't want to move until I have at least 5-10k saved up for an emergency fund, I've moved out with nothing in my pocket before and it always bites me in the rear end.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 21, 2015

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
We moved across the country with like, 2k. It wasn't easy but you don't need 5 frickin grand to move in your own town. Sounds like you just need to get out.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I wasn't planning on staying in the immediate area.

Also the whole "been burned by not having anything in savings" bit. Probably been listening to Dave Ramsey too much, but I've been burned enough times that I won't even consider a move without several months worth of expenses saved up. At one time ages ago I could always borrow money from my family, but mom did the bankruptcy bit fairly recently, stepdad took a $45k/yr pay cut (he now makes less than 40k, down from almost 90k - same job position), (natural) dad has retired, stepmom isn't working at the moment... so there is no emergency backup.

The tl;dr is I'm a bit gunshy about anything involving money now. :sigh: I'm hoping to toss about $1k into savings per month right now, I'm actually making really good money for what my job is right now. And honestly, I'd rather have my own money to fall back on if poo poo hits the fan anyway.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 05:18 on May 21, 2015

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Tide posted:

Pretty sure I would give my left testicle to be able to email/phone the head honchos at Comcast.

Coming back to this...

So yesterday, I took a chance and used the firstname_lastname@comcast.com for the president and board of directors as the emails to send a complaint email to. A few for immediately rejected as not a valid email, but a couple went thru. Long story short, I sent an email detailing issues I was having with tech support, customer services, etc. No coarse language, just facts. Who I talked to, when and how long, the conversation, that kind of thing. Habitually, when I make important calls, I get names, I note the time, jist of the conversation.

15 minutes later and my phone rings.

Apparently my email was received, read, and sent to who really needed to see it. Needless to say, I've spoken to so many "head of x", " supervisors, assistant to y, the head of Comcast for my city who called me and sent a text saying to call him direct if I ever had another issue.

Today they sent three techs and a supervisor to oversee a compete rewire of my house, installed a new node on the street. I am now reaching speeds of about 130Mbps on speedtest, my TV picture has never been clearer.

Moral of the story: don't give up, go as high as necessary, take a chance, it might work.

It worked.

Talking to the supervisor was a story in and of itself. I asked if they told him I was a difficult customer and he said they simply said to take care of me and he figured I was some bigwigs relative. I relayed the whole story to him and we had some good laughs over it. My point of view was that I simply wanted what I was owed and told I would get when I was to receive it. I didn't want a rate reduction, didn't want to get credits on my bill.

Been an interesting day

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

loving awesome job there. Talking to Comcast is usually like watching a clip of The IT Crowd on repeat for hours ("have you turned it off and back on again?") and refuses to move beyond that step. *

* (former comcast customer)

At least their tech support isn't quite as bad as TWC's outsourced support (Stream International). Don't know who they outsource it to, but if they can actually breathe while it's raining and not drown, they're doing better than Stream/TWC.

e: I think my NDA with Stream expired about 15 years ago. :ohdear: Their NDA actually covered any IT and/or customer service related job whatsoever for a few years if I remember right, but I left that shithole in the 1990s.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 05:28 on May 21, 2015

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Tomorrow, I'm going to hit a reply to all and thank whoever pushed it to whoever needed to see it. Right thing to do.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

CommieGIR posted:

That is not the problem, MOST of the 'Gluten Free' stuff is pushed by the same people that think they can cure cancer with cannabis oil and viral diseases with special teas.

Yes, there is actual gluten sensitivity. Its pretty rare.

I hope the trend sticks around though. My wife was diagnosed with Celiacs and even 5 years ago the options for gluten free sucked rear end. Now she can get fake pasta, bread, hell just about anything. It's amazing.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Work is so slow I'm starting to consider taking a second mortgage on the house so I can close my credit cards and have less than $1069/mo of debt servicing when a paycheck is only $1138 every two weeks :negative:

I know you guys love having 'cheap gas' but man the guys actually making stuff for the oil industry are suffering so bad now :smith: I'm considering selling my miata and finding a cheap civic or protege5 and using the proceeds to float my expenses. I'm currently ~$380 a month short on making my bills.

I wish I could get a second job on the fridays I have off, but I know they'll say 'you're on OT tomorrow' on thursdays just enough times to make that unfeasable. I guess I should head over to BFC to ask how you do a second mortgage.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

CommieGIR posted:

That is not the problem, MOST of the 'Gluten Free' stuff is pushed by the same people that think they can cure cancer with cannabis oil and viral diseases with special teas.

Yes, there is actual gluten sensitivity. Its pretty rare.

My father is a genuine gluten sensitive. The funny thing is that when he had to drop gluten, the options were just terrible (About 15 years ago) - the current fad of gluten free has been terrific for him. So, so SO many more things he can eat now AND it tastes a hell of a lot better. He's all for idiots going on about gluten free option - when there was only the genuine gluten intolerants about, no one catered for it. Oh and having a birthday cake no longer means one horrid cardboard one for him and a delicious one for us, Gluten free products taste a hell of a lot better now.

So yeah in the main fads like gluten free are nonsense. But for those that actually ARE having problems, being able to have gluten free pizza that is edible rocks.

Kinda something I'm learning about as I get older and less able to shovel in the crap I used to - the fads are dumb but fads also mean you can get good food easier in that the idiots willing to spend money on the fad means someone will cater to it.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Motronic posted:

Wow.....this just destroyed an hour of my day. I wish there was a version without retarded SA posters that think they're funny, but it's totally worth slogging thorough anyway.

Make sure you read the latest update :v:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Adiabatic posted:

Oh god I've just started the thread, so I don't know if I want to ask for spoilers or not.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Yay I get to drive 2 hrs one way to a job tomorrow. :suicide:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Adiabatic posted:

Well that's certainly something. ~25 miles in 5 days...wtf Holy poo poo the map on page 52.

Ran across this in that thread:

orange juche posted:

I got linked to this thread from another thread on SA, and I have to say this is the most :popcorn: poo poo since those goons tried and failed to set up a farm in Hawaii or whatever.
What ever happened to that project? I actually went out therefor a week to help before starting my current job.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Taco Box posted:

Work is so slow I'm starting to consider taking a second mortgage on the house so I can close my credit cards and have less than $1069/mo of debt servicing when a paycheck is only $1138 every two weeks :negative:

I know you guys love having 'cheap gas' but man the guys actually making stuff for the oil industry are suffering so bad now :smith: I'm considering selling my miata and finding a cheap civic or protege5 and using the proceeds to float my expenses. I'm currently ~$380 a month short on making my bills.

I wish I could get a second job on the fridays I have off, but I know they'll say 'you're on OT tomorrow' on thursdays just enough times to make that unfeasable. I guess I should head over to BFC to ask how you do a second mortgage.

is this your first oil bust

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Taco Box posted:

Whole 'lot of bad financial decisions in here...

First, unless your credit cards have some sort of insane interest, do NOT take a second mortgage to pay them off. You're robbing Peter to pay Paul. Besides, you're going to have costs in generating that 2nd mortgage (assuming you can get it with your debt load), that is also going to cost more because you're likely to hit above a 78% LTV which is going to cost you PMI.

Completely refi'ing your house is a nuclear option, but a last resort.

Second, what good is selling the miata (unless you're making payments on it)? If it's paid for, eh, i wouldn't sell it unless you get a nice chunk of change for it.

Third, going forward and speaking as someone who until recently relied on OT, never base your income on what you could make with O/T. Base it on what you actually make.

Fourth, credit cards are bad unless you can pay off the balance every month. Unless you're planning on a major purchase within the couple of years that you're going to NEED good credit, the really REALLY nuclear option is to stop paying them entirely and then settle for less in about 4-6 months. See this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3234974

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Adiabatic posted:

Holy poo poo, perfect TL;DR of the trip: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714480&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=51#post445598129

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Tide posted:

Whole 'lot of bad financial decisions in here...

First, unless your credit cards have some sort of insane interest, do NOT take a second mortgage to pay them off. You're robbing Peter to pay Paul. Besides, you're going to have costs in generating that 2nd mortgage (assuming you can get it with your debt load), that is also going to cost more because you're likely to hit above a 78% LTV which is going to cost you PMI.

Completely refi'ing your house is a nuclear option, but a last resort.

Second, what good is selling the miata (unless you're making payments on it)? If it's paid for, eh, i wouldn't sell it unless you get a nice chunk of change for it.

Third, going forward and speaking as someone who until recently relied on OT, never base your income on what you could make with O/T. Base it on what you actually make.

Fourth, credit cards are bad unless you can pay off the balance every month. Unless you're planning on a major purchase within the couple of years that you're going to NEED good credit, the really REALLY nuclear option is to stop paying them entirely and then settle for less in about 4-6 months. See this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3234974

I learned my lesson about not relying on OT now. This is my first time around with oil busts where I am long term on 40's. Miata is payed off but my wife's car isn't and I'm likely underwater on it.

I was thinking of doing a cash out refinance, I didn't realize that was the option I mentally was thinking about but didn't know the name until this morning. I'd close both credit cards, pay off both personal loans and hopefully have a payment low enough that I can make all ends meet on 32's. My wife works retail and pays for all the food and I pay everything else. I need to do something quick because I have no money now.

I owe ~$65K on the house and zillow estimates $203K. I dunno how accurate that is, but TX law says I can't cash out refi anything over 80% of the home's value.

What I'm trying to say is: I've learned my lesson, now I need to fix this fast because I'm running out of time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Taco Box posted:

Where do you live again man? I'd sell you the 94 Civic DX I ruined rebuilt last year for $1500 if you need to get into a cheap car.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Pillbug

Cat Terrist posted:

My father is a genuine gluten sensitive. The funny thing is that when he had to drop gluten, the options were just terrible (About 15 years ago) - the current fad of gluten free has been terrific for him. So, so SO many more things he can eat now AND it tastes a hell of a lot better. He's all for idiots going on about gluten free option - when there was only the genuine gluten intolerants about, no one catered for it. Oh and having a birthday cake no longer means one horrid cardboard one for him and a delicious one for us, Gluten free products taste a hell of a lot better now.

So yeah in the main fads like gluten free are nonsense. But for those that actually ARE having problems, being able to have gluten free pizza that is edible rocks.

Kinda something I'm learning about as I get older and less able to shovel in the crap I used to - the fads are dumb but fads also mean you can get good food easier in that the idiots willing to spend money on the fad means someone will cater to it.

True, it is doing wonders for those who actually need it.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Anyone got suggestions for a light weight race battery that I wont need a vent box for.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Slow is Fast posted:

Anyone got suggestions for a light weight race battery that I wont need a vent box for.

ETX-9 is an AGM.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Phone posted:

ETX-9 is an AGM.

I may go a little bigger than that, but AGM is the word I was looking for. Need to relocate the battery on the RS to the interior and shed some weight at the same time.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Our previous battery at work is a Braille ML-7s (I wouldn't use that, probably too small) and the next one is using an aerovoltz 12 cell. Check if any of the braille or aerovoltz products will work for you.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

The braille B series light weight AGM's look pretty good, just not sure on sizing. Going to go with either BMW junkyard cabling or we have some left over copper + maybe some kastein spec sperg terminals.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
Anyone know what these spotted-in-the-wild military-spec vehicles are? I know they're not recent US Army ones.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Taco Box posted:

I learned my lesson about not relying on OT now. This is my first time around with oil busts where I am long term on 40's. Miata is payed off but my wife's car isn't and I'm likely underwater on it.

I was thinking of doing a cash out refinance, I didn't realize that was the option I mentally was thinking about but didn't know the name until this morning. I'd close both credit cards, pay off both personal loans and hopefully have a payment low enough that I can make all ends meet on 32's. My wife works retail and pays for all the food and I pay everything else. I need to do something quick because I have no money now.

I owe ~$65K on the house and zillow estimates $203K. I dunno how accurate that is, but TX law says I can't cash out refi anything over 80% of the home's value.

What I'm trying to say is: I've learned my lesson, now I need to fix this fast because I'm running out of time.

A cash out refi is going to cost ~$3,000 is going to take several weeks. That cost will be rolled into the loan if you choose. You may be able to do a streamline refi, but not 100 percent sure on that. All of the above depends on the lender.

Don't close out the cards. Yet. It doesn't do any good to close them unless you lack the self control to simply not use them. Besides, you may need them at some point.

Zillow is...not accurate at all.

Your best bet now is to reach out to whoever you owe money to and ask for a break. Tell them your situation. They will try and guilt you into making a payment, if you can borrow from friends, etc. Worst case is that you stop paying them, your credit gets shattered for a year or two, and get a bunch of phone calls, then settle 5 months from now for 1/5th the current debt load.

Buckle down and eat ramen and drink water. Minimize costs as much as possible. Look at your spending and be honest where you are blowing money away. Find a Labor Finders or whatever in the area and try and find work that way when you're available to work. The wife may need to pick up a 2nd job until your hours pick back up. Is she full / part time? If ALL of her paycheck is going to food, it's one of three things: You either eat way too much food, eat out way too much, or she needs to get another job. Or all three.

It sucks but that's pretty much where you're at.

Tide fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 21, 2015

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Sigma X posted:

Anyone know what these spotted-in-the-wild military-spec vehicles are? I know they're not recent US Army ones.

New Baltimore PD cruisers.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Anyone want to talk me out of trading my Cherokee for a Foxbody or SN95 5.0? I've been rocking the V6/I6 dream for basically my entire car owning history, and when I was younger the only thing I wanted more than unobtanium Japanese turbos was a Foxbody.

Almost got one years ago but my girlfriend at the time was all "we gonna have kids someday you need to get something responsible" so I got a single cab yota and ditched the crazy but sometimes in the back of my head I wished I got the Mustang.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Like half the people I know are in the same boat because this was their first oil boom/bust cycle as an adult and they thought everyone was lying when we'd say how fast and how ugly it can get. :(

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Pillbug
I love the people that rushed out and bought SUVs and Trucks as soon as gas prices tanked. Like it was going to stay that way or something :allears:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

go3 posted:

Like half the people I know are in the same boat because this was their first oil boom/bust cycle as an adult and they thought everyone was lying when we'd say how fast and how ugly it can get. :(

CommieGIR posted:

I love the people that rushed out and bought SUVs and Trucks as soon as gas prices tanked. Like it was going to stay that way or something :allears:

The railroad is the same way, we hired people, poo poo was super busy, every one was making money so they run out and buy 60K diesel pickups and now its slow and slightly soft, and they are all sorts of worried that they are going to get laid off. Its not like all the people here always say "dont buy anything expensive the first 5 years"

Boom and bust jobs are hell.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

Buy truck, bitch about gas being too high. Oil tanks, gas drops, bitch about not working enough hours to afford gas.

~~The Oil Patch~~~

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Hey man, I need a 4000 square foot mcmansion, five ATVs, a snowmobile, a dirtbike, and a dually diesel pickup with a light bar and a two foot lift because I work in the oilfield!!! Don't judge me.

(loses everything the second oil prices take a dump)

Slow is Fast posted:

The braille B series light weight AGM's look pretty good, just not sure on sizing. Going to go with either BMW junkyard cabling or we have some left over copper + maybe some kastein spec sperg terminals.

AGMs are probably better for your price/weight point than the lithium ion ones we use. I'm really liking the look of the jaguar positive battery terminal fuseblock I picked up last time we went yarding, but I haven't installed it yet. If you do a rear battery you definitely, absolutely must have a fuse back there somewhere though, the last thing you want is for a side impact to crush the positive wire into a grounded metal object and convert it into an excellent 500 amp arc welder right next to you or your codriver.

The two options I'd go with are either a fuseblock (which must be rated to handle starter current, obviously) or a BMW-style battery disconnect squib with a big red EPO switch somewhere on the dash. The former is much cheaper and easier to install, the latter is a lot more technologically cool, especially since you can choose to set it off if needed.

Another thing to think about is that while all the lithium race battery makers say their stuff is dropin replacement for lead acid, I'm not really certain that it is, because they also say you absolutely definitely should buy their unicorn fart expensive wall charger for it, not a regular lead acid charger. AGMs are not quite chemically the same as a wet cell but they are a hell of a lot closer.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

kastein posted:

Hey man, I need a 4000 square foot mcmansion, five ATVs, a snowmobile, a dirtbike, and a dually diesel pickup with a light bar and a two foot lift because I work in the oilfield!!! Don't judge me.

Lets be honest, a man only needs 3 ATV's. 5 is just for show.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Yeah, gently caress everything to do with special snow flake chargers. The stock STi battery is 32lbs. No idea what my poo poo teir napa weighs. I'd like to lose 10 lbs + the weight of the cabling, so a 20lb battery that I can move off the front end will make me happy. The front is REALLY heavy and I need to cut down weight there.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Pillbug

Slow is Fast posted:

Yeah, gently caress everything to do with special snow flake chargers. The stock STi battery is 32lbs. No idea what my poo poo teir napa weighs. I'd like to lose 10 lbs + the weight of the cabling, so a 20lb battery that I can move off the front end will make me happy. The front is REALLY heavy and I need to cut down weight there.

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Odyssey-PC680T-Lightweight-Battery-w-Terminals

Its 16.25 lbs. Dunno if anyone has had experience with it.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I spent my morning looking at violins and now I'm going to see Mad Max.

Not a bad way to spend my day off.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Quite A Tool posted:

Anyone want to talk me out of trading my Cherokee for a Foxbody or SN95 5.0? I've been rocking the V6/I6 dream for basically my entire car owning history, and when I was younger the only thing I wanted more than unobtanium Japanese turbos was a Foxbody.

Almost got one years ago but my girlfriend at the time was all "we gonna have kids someday you need to get something responsible" so I got a single cab yota and ditched the crazy but sometimes in the back of my head I wished I got the Mustang.

Foxbody prices are loving stupid right now from what I've seen. Every once in a while I get a wild hair and start looking around for LX 5.0 notches and the prices are just ridiculous for cars that are 25 goddamn years old. Maybe they're better where you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

MrChips posted:

So now that it's been a couple of days since I've seen Mad Max, I can only think of one criticism; not enough blower noise. Seriously, not having one of the cars wailing like an air raid siren feels like a missed opportunity.

Dang , you're right!

They did do mechanical stuff right, though. For example, the air brakes on the fuel pod actually worked correctly. I'm sure a lot of non-car folks were wondering why they locked up just because the "thingy" was unplugged. And more importantly, they didn't stop to explain it. I appreciate that.

Cakefool posted:

Do you not get the option to swap in a wireless panic alarm or garage door opener or something?

This made me laugh way too much. Just the visual of reaching down to honk your crotch to open the garage door brought tears to my eyes.
Thank you.

some texas redneck posted:

loving awesome job there. Talking to Comcast is usually like watching a clip of The IT Crowd on repeat for hours ("have you turned it off and back on again?") and refuses to move beyond that step. *

* (former comcast customer)

At least their tech support isn't quite as bad as TWC's outsourced support (Stream International). Don't know who they outsource it to, but if they can actually breathe while it's raining and not drown, they're doing better than Stream/TWC.

e: I think my NDA with Stream expired about 15 years ago. :ohdear: Their NDA actually covered any IT and/or customer service related job whatsoever for a few years if I remember right, but I left that shithole in the 1990s.

What's up, former Stream Intn'l buddy!

I worked for them back in, oh, 1998-9. Not so bad at first, because I was working the Apple contract. Then Apple built their own call center in Round Rock, and I was moved to Hell Dell. That sucked. At least I got to loaf through the 6 weeks of training aimed at people who've never seen a computer before.

• Locked thread