Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

http://vjump.shueisha.co.jp/download/

The YGO anniversary wallpaper is kind of cool but what the hell are up with those dimensions. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Dexie posted:

The YGO anniversary wallpaper is kind of cool but what the hell are up with those dimensions. :stare:

The coloring is nice, anyways.

http://www.hitbox.tv/SlurYgo.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Slur posted:

OHKO'd by mooks. Offscreen.

http://www.hitbox.tv/SlurYgo

Winning has nothing to do with how great a duelist you are. :colbert:

Dexie posted:

Yeah they're kinda odd, at least there's a good one for my monitor. .....oh it's 1080x1920 not the other way around... at least it's good for a phone?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

If they had that with a good resolution, you can be sure as hell it'd be my new wallpaper. I'm already bored of my old one anyways.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I still have that wallpaper someone in the KLK thread made out of the 2nd ending. Every once in a while I look over to it and smile. :3:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mooks are just ungodly powerful in this series to complete rear end depending on who they're fighting. Yuya? Eh, they're scrubs. Literally everyone else? Oh, we'll just continue this duel with a million interruptions and struggles.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Dexie posted:

Most people in Japan (according to a friend of mine who moved there for work two years ago anyway) don't really use desktops to get online. It's usually their phones or a laptop. He said that, in the homes he's been in, they've maybe had only one really crappy desktop or something for the family but everyone just uses their phones to go online.

He's also said the mobile data is really loving amazing compared to anything he's used in the US..including LTE and gigabit.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I used one of the normal-sized wallpapers there and it actually looks really good on my screen. The top and bottom are cut, but nothing is really lost (other than whatever card Judai was holding, no big deal). It's good to finally get a new wallpaper though it'll take me a while to get accustomed, I went from a calm light blue background to this strong red.

Also I thought this episode wasn't nearly as bad as some of you (well, Slur mostly) made it sound like. Sawatari getting OTK (or is it just OK now?) is stupid but besides that it was a good ep. Yuya shows once again why he's Yuya by going full entertainer to try to fix the situation (born entirely out of a misunderstanding and not at all out of actual hate...though the Security looks pretty scummy anyways). The contrast with Serena, who wanted to stay and keep fighting like the honour-bound idiot she is was also good, it shows the Lancers have a long way to go as people who come from entirely different backgrounds (and dimensions!) should. Reira slowly opening up to Yuya was :3: too, though I still think that bringing a kid with already severe mental trauma to a battlefield was really, really loving stupid. Also pretty heartless, considering how Reiji should care about Reira. I can't see Kaiba or Kaito doing this to their respective Mokubas, Reiji. You're the worst Kaiba.

Also this loving face made my day, oh god.

"what the everloving gently caress why is he riding a hippo what the gently caress is he doing", it is such a perfect face for how weird Yuya is.

All of that said...jesus gently caress Sawatari, the hell's wrong with you? Action Cards are meant to be your trump cards here, your secret weapon, why the hell did you explain them to Security? You're hurting your own side!

Next episode: Apparently Dennis/the man Gongenzaka shenanigans, gently caress yeah! Also Crow, gently caress no!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dexie posted:

Check out Juudai's soul patch. :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

VJeff posted:

Check out Juudai's soul patch. :v:

It's actually a sneak peek of how he'll look in Arc-V. Jack and Crow get buff, Judai gets a soul patch, it is all to make everyone look more mature.

Can't wait for Kaiba, who will be proudly wearing his dad's moustache.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's actually a sneak peek of how he'll look in Arc-V. Jack and Crow get buff, Judai gets a soul patch, it is all to make everyone look more mature.

Can't wait for Kaiba, who will be proudly wearing his dad's moustache.

A Yugi can't show up, it's Kaiba and Joey all the way down. I'm looking forward to the return of The Chazz

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

alcharagia posted:

A Yugi can't show up, it's Kaiba and Joey all the way down. I'm looking forward to the return of The Chazz

This will presumably have to wait until the assault on the Fusion Dimension, which means the glorious return of the Ojamas will have to wait. Bummer.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It'd be season 1 Chazz. At best we could expect new Armed Dragon support, maybe.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Dexie posted:

Why the hell is Yugi so muscley? I object, he doesn't lift anything heavier than a booster pack all series :colbert:

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Pyrotoad posted:

Why the hell is Yugi so muscley? I object, he doesn't lift anything heavier than a booster pack all series :colbert:

He was like that in Bonds Beyond TIme too.

Kay Kessler fucked around with this message at 15:07 on May 21, 2015

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Pyrotoad posted:

As GX showed, playing card games require you to be in shape. It is hard work.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
he must've activated draw muscle

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Dabir posted:

It'd be season 1 Chazz. At best we could expect new Armed Dragon support, maybe.

Good, cause that's when Chazz was actually a good character.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It's a combination of doing sick elaborate draws with too much effort with your right arm as well as your left arm holding the cards and also a huge piece of hologram-making metal tech.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It's a combination of doing sick elaborate draws with too much effort with your right arm as well as your left arm holding the cards and also a huge piece of hologram-making metal tech.

Well Yugi (iirc) helps out at Grandpa Muto's shop.
I'm assuming all that muscle is from working the trash card storage.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

alcharagia posted:

he must've activated draw muscle

Do I make reference to ultimate muscle?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Hey, is Crow's best friend Not-Yusei

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
This too is Decade's fault.

Though seriously, if the MCs are going to show up, it's going to be at the end and it's going to be a "Bring down the TARDIS" moment befitting of something that could (and this is completely wild speculation based on PT, Silent Hills, etc) very well be the last series of YuGiOh if Konami go complete bastard.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 21, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

If Yusei was in a fighting game that outfit would totally be his fourth alt.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

His character design is bad and he looks like he'll be insignificant down the road. Kind of a background character, really.

Slur fucked around with this message at 01:23 on May 22, 2015

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

For some reason I am suddenly reminded of Bruno

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
You know as much as we mock the Lancers for struggling with Mooks, these mooks have ridiculous monsters.

"You can send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy it, and if you do, inflict 400 damage to your opponent. If this card leaves the field, and all the monsters that were used for the Synchro Summon of this card are in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon all of them."

Sniping Hazy Type-0 is loving ridiculous, It's burn destruction and even if you bounce it or send it to the grave, it'll just summon its materials back and you can synchro for another! In fact, if you Synchro with it you get the materials back to Synchro with! I mean just thinking "I mill Glow-Up Bulb to blow up your monster, summon it, Synchro to Crimson Blader/Colossal Fighter/Angel of Zera/Scrap Dragon now I have my material back I synchro to another Sniping Hazy, I mill Jet Synchron, I special summon it, Synchro again to Crimson Blader/Colossal Fighter/Angel of Zera/Scrap Dragon, get my material back, Synchro Again, Mill etc.

It's just... a nutso loop. And you can't stop it by negating the summon or anything.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 22, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Onmi posted:

You know as much as we mock the Lancers for struggling with Mooks, these mooks have ridiculous monsters.

"You can send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy it, and if you do, inflict 400 damage to your opponent. If this card leaves the field, and all the monsters that were used for the Synchro Summon of this card are in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon all of them."

Sniping Hazy Type-0 is loving ridiculous, It's burn destruction and even if you bounce it or send it to the grave, it'll just summon its materials back and you can synchro for another! In fact, if you Synchro with it you get the materials back to Synchro with!

Synchro dimension is having non of the wussy synchros you're used to. Powerhouses all the way.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Hey Slur, is this the Chicken Race OTK you're running?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdca4S6cmPM

I'm trying it out and it doesn't seem to work so well. Maybe I just kinda suck, haha. I've gotten a ton of Spells in the grave and all that, but it never goes off in one turn...plus the hands are absolutely crap...

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

ThermoPhysical posted:

Hey Slur, is this the Chicken Race OTK you're running?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdca4S6cmPM

I'm trying it out and it doesn't seem to work so well. Maybe I just kinda suck, haha. I've gotten a ton of Spells in the grave and all that, but it never goes off in one turn...plus the hands are absolutely crap...

It is. As I've said before, you need RML ASAP.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Help, I can't make a Superheavy deck. I think I'm lacking manliness. Also deck building skill.

Here's what I got. It keeps losing and never getting me what I need, so I'm clearly not doing anything right. The man Gongenzaka would be ashamed of me.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well first of all you're using magic cards and spell cards. Secondly, you're using the soulbeads which you don't actually need. You don't need two soulbang cannons, the effects kind of situational and you don't need that many soulbuster gauntlets. I'd recommend throwing in a Gear Gigant X or two for Xyz, you don't need Cyber Infinity poo poo. Maybe get a Leviair too, why are you not using Flutist? Flutist is loving godlike.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Beef Waifu posted:

Well first of all you're using magic cards and spell cards. Secondly, you're using the soulbeads which you don't actually need. You don't need two soulbang cannons, the effects kind of situational and you don't need that many soulbuster gauntlets. I'd recommend throwing in a Gear Gigant X or two for Xyz, you don't need Cyber Infinity poo poo. Maybe get a Leviair too, why are you not using Flutist? Flutist is loving godlike.

This is all good advice but I have a few things to add:
-Breakthrough and cyclone can banish themselves from the grave for good effects, and outside of Shutendoji and a card that hasn't hit Ygopro yet Superheavies have problems with the opponent's S/T cards and effects. or you can replace them with 3 yuki usagi and 3 effect veilers for more or less the same effect.
-If you really are in a position to go into the Felgrand R8, great as he is, you're probably winning, replace him with Gear Gigant X. And for gods sake ditch the Infinity. I know it's a nice crutch but it's the least entertaining crutch, and it also requires a bit much investment on the part of a superheavy deck.
-Not running three soulpiercer and flutist? For shame.
-Run Swordsman. If they attack into it they're stuck with a 0 attack monster, and if anything it's one more L3 to use for leviar.
-Oh and Yuki UsagiGhost Ogre and Snow Rabbit. Use it.

I could say more but test out various numbers of cards and see what works.

[e]:
Oh and Torch/Taima-tsu/the bunsen burner with radical goggles on. I'd think it's better than Blue brawler but I haven't tested it yet, it's L1 though so it can decrease the chance of gear gigant plays.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 22, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They can but I will never add them in my deck because they are still filthy spell and trap cards in my steadfast deck.

Edit: also yes, run swordsman it's so loving good

Your opponent gets out Beelze and it's left with 0 atk and def and it's just a brick on their field.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 21:57 on May 22, 2015

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Following your advice, I remodelled the deck. It definitely runs better now, but it's still not great. I'm having lots of trouble with the Extra Deck too, not sure what to put there (as shown by it having 14 cards). I'm just not accustomed to running Synchro.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Blaze Dragon posted:

Following your advice, I remodelled the deck. It definitely runs better now, but it's still not great. I'm having lots of trouble with the Extra Deck too, not sure what to put there (as shown by it having 14 cards). I'm just not accustomed to running Synchro.

Take out two Tama-c/battleball and replace with Machina gearframe.
Because gearframe is almost a must if you are doing fortress, also works as sorta-soulbeads.

Also replace two of the (non soulpiercer) equippable superheavies with Glove, because Glove is really good.

Also obviously a good R4 to round it out.
So anything from:
Ragnazero, Castel, Lavalval Chain, Abyss Dweller,Gagaga cowboy, Gagaga Samurai the list just goes on and on.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 01:40 on May 23, 2015

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Losing the Cyclones is one thing. Losing the Breakthroughs is another. Put the Breakthroughs back in.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If it's not a monster it better not be in that deck

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

If it's not a monster it better not be in that deck

You're objectively wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Shut the gently caress up, Slur. Beyond the fact I'm not even being 100% serious here, that archetype solely exists to be played with almost exclusively monters. I am not denying that space cyclone and breakthrough skill are cards that fit well in the deck, I am just making a joke that the character who uses that deck does not use anything but monsters so everyone else should do so because he is the best ever and everyone should strive to be the man, Gongenzaka.