Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

re:gerrard

u know gladiators ending where Juba (the black guy) buries maximus's figurines in the ground and says he will see Maximus again, "but not yet". I feel like its the same moment. i cried duing that scene. IT was a tough man cry. this is exactly the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

loving hell ahahhaa

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
sounds like a tbp post

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Hegay posted:

u know gladiators ending where Juba (the black guy) buries maximus's figurines in the ground and says he will see Maximus again, "but not yet". I feel like its the same moment. i cried duing that scene. IT was a tough man cry. this is exactly the same

Genuinely laughed out loud

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Hegay posted:

Yes!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

loving hell lol this is abysmal

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Hegay posted:

hell, me too

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Hegay posted:

top top work hegav

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Superb

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

its...beautiful

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Where is the frame with Salif Diao and Stevie celebrating the CL win?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

This is the worst post yet. My god. Someone save this for when Henderson fucks off to Chelsea.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
Stop playing Sir Moral on his high horse !

We have every right to be disgusted. Everything is about choices. If DDG leaves he made the choice that he prefers Real Madrid over us and he also made the choice (together with his agent) in running down is contract to facilitate that move. Now we are talking about a young lad whom was brought here by SAF himself for £20m, whom was given the chance of a lifetime to take over from VDS and be the first choice goalie of a team that at the time was the best in the PL and one of the best in europe. That team not only gave him that opportunity but also stuck by him during difficult periods because there have been many times the pressure was on the club to take out De Gea and play a more experienced and safer goalkeeper. We didn't do that, we believed in him and gave him every chance he could ever hope for. He realised his potential but none of that would have happened if not for the clubs support and believe in him. I'am 100% sure he would never have gotten such a chance at a club like Real Madrid.

So in a sense DDG atleast owes us his respect for believing in him and giving him the chances to turn into the keeper that he turned out to be. Now does that mean he has to stay with us for the rest of his career no ! But it would show respect on his side to want to stay with us for atleast a couple more years. He finally turned into the keeper we wanted him to be and now should be the time for him and the team to capitalize on that and win some silverware. In that regard he should have accepted our more than generous offer of £150k a week and signed a new contract for 5 years. He can always make the move to Real or Barca or whatever later, if he is one of the best they will always be interested in him but atleast he would have done right by the club by signing that contract and it would have put the club in a position where they could ask for decent money in case a transfer would be on the cards.

The club would never keep him against his will but fair compensation is the least the club deserves for investing £20m and 2 years of patience in him. However the choice it seems he made was that we were a nice club for him to be at when Real didnt want him and now that they want him he can't get out fast enough and the whole contract situation is played out to force the club's hand into giving him what he wants. So his choice clearly shows that he doesn't care about the club or what they did for him. No gratitude for believing in him and giving him his chance. So people imo have every right to feel disgusted about this. We don't show such support for young players and invest so much time and money in them just to see them bugger of to Real for smallchange.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

not not luvd posted:

Stop playing Sir Moral on his high horse !

We have every right to be disgusted. Everything is about choices. If DDG leaves he made the choice that he prefers Real Madrid over us and he also made the choice (together with his agent) in running down is contract to facilitate that move. Now we are talking about a young lad whom was brought here by SAF himself for £20m, whom was given the chance of a lifetime to take over from VDS and be the first choice goalie of a team that at the time was the best in the PL and one of the best in europe. That team not only gave him that opportunity but also stuck by him during difficult periods because there have been many times the pressure was on the club to take out De Gea and play a more experienced and safer goalkeeper. We didn't do that, we believed in him and gave him every chance he could ever hope for. He realised his potential but none of that would have happened if not for the clubs support and believe in him. I'am 100% sure he would never have gotten such a chance at a club like Real Madrid.

So in a sense DDG atleast owes us his respect for believing in him and giving him the chances to turn into the keeper that he turned out to be. Now does that mean he has to stay with us for the rest of his career no ! But it would show respect on his side to want to stay with us for atleast a couple more years. He finally turned into the keeper we wanted him to be and now should be the time for him and the team to capitalize on that and win some silverware. In that regard he should have accepted our more than generous offer of £150k a week and signed a new contract for 5 years. He can always make the move to Real or Barca or whatever later, if he is one of the best they will always be interested in him but atleast he would have done right by the club by signing that contract and it would have put the club in a position where they could ask for decent money in case a transfer would be on the cards.

The club would never keep him against his will but fair compensation is the least the club deserves for investing £20m and 2 years of patience in him. However the choice it seems he made was that we were a nice club for him to be at when Real didnt want him and now that they want him he can't get out fast enough and the whole contract situation is played out to force the club's hand into giving him what he wants. So his choice clearly shows that he doesn't care about the club or what they did for him. No gratitude for believing in him and giving him his chance. So people imo have every right to feel disgusted about this. We don't show such support for young players and invest so much time and money in them just to see them bugger of to Real for smallchange.
the incorrect whoms are extremely triggering

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
SAF himself

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

not not luvd posted:

We don't show such support for young players and invest so much time and money in them just to see them bugger of to Real for smallchange.

:ironicat:

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
https://www.facebook.com/vonstrenginho/videos/825536994198218/

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

haha probably the right thread but this is fantastic

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao right thread but wrong thread because this is comedy gold

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Hear me out. Firstly I am not starting this to argue anything about what he has done this season. He's been really poor, and gotten worse with every game, sometimes it felt we were playing with 10 men. All that is perfectly true and logically most teams would cut their losses and bid goodbye to a failed transfer. Not thinking of permanently signing this player. Plus he seemed to have waved us goodbye, so this is more in theory than being a real possibility.

Having said that, how many here would agree on taking him either on another loan, or a permanent transfer, given his wages get massively cut down and the whole transfer fee stays under 20 million pounds? The fact is, that many of us seem to think that we do need another striker to stay on the bench or even come in for a decent amount of games and "do the job", instead of going all around Europe trying to get a bargain deal, which you would ideally want for such a squad player/injury backup, I personally feel we can probably gamble on Radamel one last time.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Horrible rodent. gently caress you raheem. Who the gently caress do you think you are?
i hope brendan delivered a good old fashioned beat down on him with sakho.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

not not luvd posted:

sounds like a tbp post

that man is honorable and there is no shame in shedding years for a fallen comrade, be it on the pitch or the battlefield...but whoms to say if there is even a difference

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
liver red (Liverpool) says...
John Nicholson is a T**t. The name was sung longer periods cause it cant be sung again. Just an analogy to your crap story. Lets say your son is going abroad where u cant see him again for a very long time. DOnt you spend more time wiht him before his departure. I guess ur forte of writing articles is making GBS threads all over.
Posted 11:12am 18th May 2015

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
The time is not right for him to move, but if he wants to move the club should sell him. If he goes to Manchester City, to give himself a chance of winning the league, he will not become a regular for them. We have seen it with players in the past like Scott Sinclair.

John Barnes on Radio 5 talking about Sterling.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

pik_d posted:

The time is not right for him to move, but if he wants to move the club should sell him. If he goes to Manchester City, to give himself a chance of winning the league, he will not become a regular for them. We have seen it with players in the past like Scott Sinclair.

John Barnes on Radio 5 talking about Sterling.

i feel dumb but what am i missing here

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

tbp posted:

i feel dumb but what am i missing here

Sterling is a lot better than Sinclair.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
How many trophies has Raheem Sterling won

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Weaponized Cum posted:

How many trophies has Raheem Sterling won

He was Golden Boy last season.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i dont think raheem sterling is asian

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

pik_d posted:

Sterling is a lot better than Sinclair.

Idk if this is really true yet but Barnes is probably right.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

to be fair that's pretty funny

e/ I mean it would be better if they actually ironed on the transfers properly but still

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Too much #bantz. Click for bigness.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
more like Ahmed Marwhine :chord:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

troll football strikes again

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
7: We still need time

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

tbp posted:

troll football strikes again

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

chuggo is BACK posted:

7: We still need time

Lol i love troll football :troll:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car