Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Well you convinced me, Drink. Won't be able to play until the weekend though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Do you accept freshly annointed goons

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Do you accept freshly annointed goons

Do you think you will be able to sprint across the countryside with your junk swinging in the wind screaming at a man on voip that you want to eat him only to walk into an ambush of raiders that gun the both of you down with automatics you can't even make yet? Then wake up on the beach and do it again about 20 times until you find the gun blueprints and decide to build a house so raiders can sit outside of it yelling "WARRRRRRRIIIIIIOOOOOORRRRSSSSSSSSSSSS COME OUT AND PLAYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEAAAYYYYYY" and get blown to holy gently caress?

If that is your thing then yeah.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
NiP won't make it to ESEA finals at this rate. 5 games and only 1 win so far. Something needs to change.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Smol posted:

NiP won't make it to ESEA finals at this rate. 5 games and only 1 win so far. Something needs to change.

leave ESEA

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

I have a VAC ban that's 3060 days old (goldsrc) from when I was 13 and thought it was cool to hack in cs 1.6, is this going to effect anything?

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

stringball posted:

I have a VAC ban that's 3060 days old (goldsrc) from when I was 13 and thought it was cool to hack in cs 1.6, is this going to effect anything?

you'll get a lot more accusations of hacking

set your profile to private for maximum comedy

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

stringball posted:

hackers never change, rip your chances of goonmanning in peace.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Please add and message me to play Rust either add nevynevnev06 or Slumpy and look for the green skull

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXsHqe5dtuQ

russian walking and duck peeking were never this bad

please dont play rust i dont own it ty

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 21:16 on May 21, 2015

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

stringball posted:

Akumos stealth account detected

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

holy moley that's some good hitboxes

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
http://www.ustream.tv/joerogan

I saw this linked and when I tuned in Jordan was explaining Twitch to him. He was showing KittyPlaysGames and Soda to him lol

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

CancerStick posted:

http://www.ustream.tv/joerogan

I saw this linked and when I tuned in Jordan was explaining Twitch to him. He was showing KittyPlaysGames and Soda to him lol

Was Joe Rogan playing it cool and acting like he doesnt watch Dinglederper and Kaceytron

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Twitch is just blowing his mind. Can't believe people like Lirik can make like 40-50 grand a month just off subs alone. He actually seems really interested.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

lmao someone please gif the part where he aims at the dude's waist and gets a headshot at like 0:40, that's loving horrendous

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
This confusion over how TV viewership is measured is giving me involuntary twitches

"It used to be Nielsen ratings..."
"That's old school, man"

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Yea. Who is the guy in there with them. Sounds like a Twitch employee. Don't get me wrong, Twitch is cool, but NBC is more worried about Netflix and HBO at the moment.

e: he is some Joe Rogen employee.

CancerStick fucked around with this message at 22:35 on May 21, 2015

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

CancerStick posted:

Yea. Who is the guy in there with them. Sounds like a Twitch employee. Don't get me wrong, Twitch is cool, but NBC is more worried about Netflix and HBO at the moment.

Yeah, thats because they're perpetually 1 step behind.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Man the brand new cheating accounts are ruthless.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Just realized I haven't had any of the random bsod crashes I was getting daily since I uninstalled the ESEA driver :) I was getting video/audio driver hangs in cs that would often lead to a full bsod restart, might be too soon to call it esea's fault but...

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

henne posted:

Just realized I haven't had any of the random bsod crashes I was getting daily since I uninstalled the ESEA driver :) I was getting video/audio driver hangs in cs that would often lead to a full bsod restart, might be too soon to call it esea's fault but...

You and a bunch of other people

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Eseas radium tries to write a driver...

Story at 11

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I'm convinced that ESEA only exists because of stockholm syndrome.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Welp 3 mm losses in a row, when do I get the 10 hour account invite smurfs / cheaters on my team?

I'm starting to think Supreme is just some myth that you only get to when you stack a team together and you get lucky on a dice roll and don't play against cheaters for 10 games.

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 01:48 on May 22, 2015

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Xenaero posted:

Welp 3 mm losses in a row, when do I get the 10 hour account invite smurfs / cheaters on my team?

can't wait for the banned hackers to level up their new accounts so I don't have to deal with this

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
36-12 at GN levels probably isn't a hacker.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
60-5? Probably a hacker. 36-12? Probably just good.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
You can't tell if somebody is hacking or not based on their score

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

He was one of those "hacking but i'm totally trying to hide it" so he let himself die a few times. Snap shots into corners no one should be in totally gave him away.

edit: that, and a private profile while only having 1 bronze and 1 silver csgo medal

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I played a game once when I was GN 1 where the entire server was silver 4 to GN 1 but for some reason the other team had a SMFC who put down 60 kills.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I was actually GN4:

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Fateo McMurray posted:

He was one of those "hacking but i'm totally trying to hide it" so he let himself die a few times. Snap shots into corners no one should be in totally gave him away.

edit: that, and a private profile while only having 1 bronze and 1 silver csgo medal

lol

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

Fateo McMurray posted:

or.. just a smurf. Which I know nothing about.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Ephedra posted:

or.. just a smurf. Which I know nothing about.

I am one of Ephedra's 17 smurfs and I agree with this statement.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
2017, the year csgo finally gets fixed.

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!
Random Question:

I had CSGO downloaded for a while. played some Iceworld stuff with frienda long time ago. Tonight I got drunk and decided to join my first matchmaking session.

I was doing real bad, but couldn't figure out what level it had put me at. At the end of the game it showed my team as either Gold Nova 2 or Gold Nova 3.

I was way worse than them. If I continue to randomly join matchmaking will it keep putting me in those level games until it recognizes I don't belong? Or was it some artifact of connecting at 6am pacific on a Friday?

I wouldn't mind playing more (I had fun despite being bad), but I felt really bad about dragging the team down (althogh we did win 16-10, after falling behind 6-0).

Edit: Another Quetion:
I used to play in somewhat competitive matches in 1.6 like 12 years ago... in this matchmaking game you could still hear dead teammates talking while you are alive. That seemed really weird to me. Was that implemented because everybody used to just use Skype anyway? or what? It was weird.

Capt. Sticl fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 22, 2015

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Capt. Sticl posted:

I had CSGO downloaded for a while. played some Iceworld stuff with frienda long time ago. Tonight I got drunk and decided to join my first matchmaking session.

I was doing real bad, but couldn't figure out what level it had put me at. At the end of the game it showed my team as either Gold Nova 2 or Gold Nova 3.

While the time of day and pool of available players obviously matter, when the ranking system has no previous history to go by it probably just places you in the middle of the pack as it tries to figure out where you belong on the ladder. By the time you reach 10 wins you'll more than likely have racked up a few losses on the way, and depending on your performance during those matches you'll eventually get placed where it feels you belong- but you'll probably have an idea of where that'll be even before then by just looking at your opponents ranks as you progress through matches

quote:

I used to play in somewhat competitive matches in 1.6 like 12 years ago... in this matchmaking game you could still hear dead teammates talking while you are alive. That seemed really weird to me. Was that implemented because everybody used to just use Skype anyway?.

Pretty much

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!
Thanks for the info,

Maybe a couple more dumb questions.

1)No one was calling buy rounds / eco etc. It didn't really matter once we got ahead, but I figured that would be more common in match that level even if randomly assigned (in restrospect, I could have called maybe but (1) I was so bad no one would listen to me and (2) for my first match I kind of wanted to see what the protocol was).

2) NO ONE other than me threw a single smoke grenade. We played Dust 2. I didn't throw very many grenades as T, where we started. I mainly threw smokes to the long A doors as CT. We fell into a 2A-3B pattern as CT (1 other guy long, me A site, 3 b). I threw smoke to long a Doors twice and then got yelled at so I stopped . (To answer the obvious question: I was throwing it right. Stand between tire and crate. Throw where the power lines intersect.. smokes off doors.) I reverted to throwing smokes to cat if it seemed like they were pushing. Should I continue to try and use smokes even if team doesn't // they get mad if I smoke particular areas?

3) Given that my team can now hear me when I die... What should I be communicating about my death? I'm guessing number/location of people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Capt. Sticl posted:

Thanks for the info,

Maybe a couple more dumb questions.

1)No one was calling buy rounds / eco etc. It didn't really matter once we got ahead, but I figured that would be more common in match that level even if randomly assigned (in restrospect, I could have called maybe but (1) I was so bad no one would listen to me and (2) for my first match I kind of wanted to see what the protocol was).

2) NO ONE other than me threw a single smoke grenade. We played Dust 2. I didn't throw very many grenades as T, where we started. I mainly threw smokes to the long A doors as CT. We fell into a 2A-3B pattern as CT (1 other guy long, me A site, 3 b). I threw smoke to long a Doors twice and then got yelled at so I stopped . (To answer the obvious question: I was throwing it right. Stand between tire and crate. Throw where the power lines intersect.. smokes off doors.) I reverted to throwing smokes to cat if it seemed like they were pushing. Should I continue to try and use smokes even if team doesn't // they get mad if I smoke particular areas?

3) Given that my team can now hear me when I die... What should I be communicating about my death? I'm guessing number/location of people?

1) Honestly at that rank people are usually pretty bad about knowing when to eco / buy. Generally if you step into the role right away you garner more respect, but as you said if you aren't doing well pugs generally will poo poo talk back to you or not listen at all. Also everyone at that rank thinks they should be eagle so inflated egos are constant.

2)Always throw smokes, both t and ct. Generally speaking unless your teamate is a great player / awping the spot, you're still better off with that mad teamate than dealing with a 5 man rush after they wreck him.

3) When you die call where you died from, how many there are, and what you see on death cam. After that, you're usually gonna want to hold coms unless asked for info. A lot of people are bad at this. Also a lot of people, when you talk after dying, will blame it somehow on you talking too loud or them missing a sound. I find this to actually be true 1/50 times. Also, resist the urge to tell someone they heard the enemy, even if you do. A lot of the time the player does hear it, and if they don't / think they imagined it they will ask, "did I hear him (insert location).

• Locked thread