Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Where does the gwent tutorial guy go if you refuse to learn it when you first meet him? I didn't want to at first because I heard about the crashed, but now that I'm about to leave the area I want to learn how to play but he isn't in the tavern (and I waited for all times of day).

He doesn't help much anyway. If you just go and play you'll learn pretty fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

drat, I was really hoping they'd added a fov slider in the patch. I don't usually get motion sickness but its really bad in this game for me. Back to using 1980x900 resolution I guess.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

iGestalt posted:

Do you happen to know the name of the town you found it in?
Northwest of the bog.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Dominoes posted:

Northwest of the bog.

Wonderful - thank you :)

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

drat, I was really hoping they'd added a fov slider in the patch. I don't usually get motion sickness but its really bad in this game for me. Back to using 1980x900 resolution I guess.

You can use cheatengine to change fov

Theres a post in this thread http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=581792&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 somewhere

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Are the dialogue choices you get with the axii delusion skill tree actually meaningful or get you special items/rewards? Or is it basically just opportunities to avoid fights?

It seems like a lot of you are putting points in it. Is it worth it?

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

queeb posted:

Anyone seen any performance gains with the patch?

I did. It did at first scramble a few of my settings, but after that I´m playing with everything on ultra but shadows (high) all the postprocessing on but the 2 blur options and my fps hangs around 60-70. Running an i7-4770k (4.5ghz)and 780ti sc.
Also, it may be just placebo effect, but I feel like the game looks much better than before.

edit: sharpen filter also on max and foliage on high

Pigbottom fucked around with this message at 21:18 on May 21, 2015

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Megasabin posted:

Are the dialogue choices you get with the axii delusion skill tree actually meaningful or get you special items/rewards? Or is it basically just opportunities to avoid fights?

It's going to be pretty hard for anyone to be certain about what's worth it or not. I do know it is super annoying that there is an incentive to switch around your skills before every dialogue if you don't use axii in combat. Hopefully they make that part passive but I'm not holding my breath.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Megasabin posted:

It's hard to say how much I've gotten out of it since I rushed for it early and have had it on all the time, but 3 points isn't very much at all in the long run. At the very least axii options give you XP which is in pretty short supply.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Any keyboard/mouse users having trouble casting the alternate form of Axii (or any other signs for that matter)? It seems like the alternate form only triggers like one third of the time, while on a controller I can trigger the alternate form consistently every time.

edit: Found a "fix" which is to frame limit to 30 FPS, which is of course not a solution at all.

ymgve fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 21, 2015

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Am I going crazy or is there a little annoying metal cling sound with every step you take after the latest patch ?

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

Arcsquad12 posted:

Way back in the thread somebody was asking about how lip sync works with other languages in this game. Well, I found a video comparing the Deutsch audio track to the English audio track and the lip syncing is actually really good. Also, German Geralt sounds like a smooth talker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s_gkS-D5Pc

Yah, that was me. So they actually do sync for different languages. Very cool.

Hey, look. Dwarves without Scottish accents. Advantage: German.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Found some ruins, climbed up to the top. Bandits. These guys are weak, so I'll just left click whatevs... one down, now the other one on my right... Geralt pirouettes almost but not quite towards him, falls off the ledge and dies. :allears:

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

jaete posted:

Found some ruins, climbed up to the top. Bandits. These guys are weak, so I'll just left click whatevs... one down, now the other one on my right... Geralt pirouettes almost but not quite towards him, falls off the ledge and dies. :allears:

Ha, I did the same thing but dodge rolled instead of just dodged. Dove head first into a grove.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Can someone give me a quick and dirty as to watch adrenaline is for? I know there are abilities to use adrenaline for different things, and someone mentioned that more adrenaline means more damage, but whats the point if early on, I'm just going full martial?

Also some of you guys are getting a little lax with spoilers and you need to step your game up.

Orv
May 4, 2011

TheTrend posted:

Can someone give me a quick and dirty as to watch adrenaline is for? I know there are abilities to use adrenaline for different things, and someone mentioned that more adrenaline means more damage, but whats the point if early on, I'm just going full martial?

Also some of you guys are getting a little lax with spoilers and you need to step your game up.

If you're swordplay only it's just a small damage boost.

E: Guide arrived. Pretty good looking cover and meaty as hell. Not going to be using it for anything other than armor appearances until I beat the game, but the art book that came with it is nice, if oddly textured in some weird facsimile of faux leather.

Orv fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 21, 2015

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

Orv posted:

If you're swordplay only it's just a small damage boost.

Word thanks. I was hoping it allowed more combat finishers, because I really want to reenact Shadows of Mordor and just decapitate everything all the time.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
The noonwraith trophy gives +5% experience from humans and nonhumans.
I thought kills didn't give XP?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Ok, before I lose my poo poo here, how many ploughing wraiths will spawn before the Baron gets the botchling where it needs to be? The second wave of 4 + 5 + x wraiths wrecks my poo poo and there is no option to save (I understand this is to give you a chance to reconsider and kill that abomination). Jesus, so mad right now. Yrden range is too drat small.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW

Megasabin posted:

I ran into an NPC who had a dialog option that required 1 point into Axii, it was to find the location of a quest NPC. I explored the nearby area to see if I could find a place of power for a skill point, ran into the quest NPC I was looking for.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

admataY posted:

Am I going crazy or is there a little annoying metal cling sound with every step you take after the latest patch ?

It was there before the patch.

Orv
May 4, 2011

mcbexx posted:

Ok, before I lose my poo poo here, how many ploughing wraiths will spawn before the Baron gets the botchling where it needs to be? The second wave of 4 + 5 + x wraiths wrecks my poo poo and there is no option to save (I understand this is to give you a chance to reconsider and kill that abomination). Jesus, so mad right now. Yrden range is too drat small.

2 waves only.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:

Poetic Justice posted:

It was there before the patch.

It's his balls of steel jangling. :smugbert:

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Megasabin posted:

Being able to stagger anything smaller than a house for long enough to either cut it down or run away is enough of a boon on its own, really.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I'm really taking a liking to Dijkstra in this game. He might be an rear end in a top hat, but he's an honest rear end in a top hat(at least to Geralt), and he could beat Geralt in a sarcasm contest any day of the week. He also gets really colorful with his language when he's annoyed.

EDit: Oh ffs. If you guys find a guy tied up by the riverside, being attacked by drowners. Don't save him, he's an rear end in a top hat.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 21, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If I had one major wish it would be the ability to rebind magic to a button press.

Like Hold L2/press a face button to cast one of the spells, maybe another shoulder button for another spell. It's a silly little thing but I hate the swap time between spells.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

GrossMurpel posted:

The noonwraith trophy gives +5% experience from humans and nonhumans.
I thought kills didn't give XP?

They definitely do. I hit level 8 mid way through a mob fight.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/601345976335491072

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Sneaking around in novigrad at night, when a lone henchmen farts at me and goes "ha ha ha ha haa". GOTY.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I clicked on simulate witcher 2 save but didn't get any options, do they come up ingame or did something gently caress up?

Cabbage Disrespect
Apr 24, 2009

ROBUST COMBAT
Leonard Riflepiss
Soiled Meat

Quorum posted:

Well, him as well as his wife, who only goes batshit if you side with the Crones, rather than getting turned into a water hag. She's loony but still alive and there's a hint of possible family reconciliation.

That's not all: if you wander around Velen later, you might learn some things about what life is like now that the Baron has left and the Sergeant is filling his boots.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Elendil004 posted:

I clicked on simulate witcher 2 save but didn't get any options, do they come up ingame or did something gently caress up?

Continue playing, it happens later.

PS Orv, put this in the OP

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Elendil004 posted:

A conversation you have later on will eventually take care of this.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Thank god. I'm not using the quest entries or beastiary as much as I'd like because I hate straining

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Continue playing, it happens later.

PS Orv, put this in the OP

Good call.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I beat Witcher 2 in Dark Mode difficulty and farmed up the coin for half the exclusive item sets. I was eating gargoyles for breakfast by the end of the game with any spec (not using the alchemy respec cheat method or whatever). I got to about round 24 in the arena.

After 16 months later, I am ashamed to admit I lost in the first stupid fist fight and to drowners in literally two hits on difficulty one down from the top. The differences between dodge and roll are interesting but getting me killed for the time being but I'll accept deaths for now. This game does not gently caress around with difficulty and seems to make it possible to make combat as unforgiving as Dark Souls without the frustration of the last game's combat mechanics.

I don't care because this is so drat beautiful in every way. I can barely handle this past week after watching the new Mad Mad twice and moving to this for more awesome in my face.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
I'm really disappointed in how terrible the RPG mechanics are in this game. I'm tired of RPGs that take design notes from MMOs.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Can anyone confirm yet that the romances are mutually exclusive? I want to end up with Triss so I'm not sure how to handle Keira.

Mercrom posted:

I'm really disappointed in how terrible the RPG mechanics are in this game. I'm tired of RPGs that take design notes from MMOs.

Be more specific?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Mercrom posted:

What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Verranicus posted:

Can anyone confirm yet that the romances are mutually exclusive? I want to end up with Triss so I'm not sure how to handle Keira.

Be more specific?

Maybe he's talking about stuff like the quest tracker being the only real way to find locations, since the quest text/conversations/notice board notices don't really give decent directions or anything like that, which sucks.