Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Diedrich Bader is a more recognizable name in non-Batman contexts, and Brave and the Bold owned bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

DoctorWhat posted:

Diedrich Bader is a more recognizable name in non-Batman contexts, and Brave and the Bold owned bones.

Even though Kevin Conroy is THE voice of Batman, agreed. The amazeballsness of BatB makes it okay.

edit: Also, I don't think Diedrich Bader is all that recognizable. At least by name.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
I didn't appreciate the latest episode's use of tone.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They should have Jeff and Frankie get married. Finish off that thread from season one.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

ETB posted:

Rewatching Parks & Recreation, and I just realized Ben's dad is played by Jonathan Banks.

Now I'm conjuring a crossover universe where Buzz Hickey is Ben Wyatt's dad.

In the mid 80s to mid 90s we called Jonathan Banks generic bad guy. He was in so many things as henchman #2

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

hard counter posted:

I really liked that episode even though I figured the paintball gimmick would've been stale by now.

I'm a huge doofus though and I'm still laughing at Keith David's 'I made a stinky.' The mismatch between voice, delivery and line is killing me.

That line needs to be my text alert.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Seriously, imagine your toddler turned to you and said it like that.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
My favorite Keith David moment from the episode was at the beginning when he said "Paint...? Ball...?"

I don't know why but it worked for me.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
This was the best episode in a long time. I always am at the very least, heartily entertained by Paintball eps, but this was just really fun and funny.

And I am so crushing on Paget.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Seriously. Paget has become my unexpected celebrity crush lately.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

XMNN posted:

Does anyone else still get confuse that Frankie isn't actually Monica off of Friends?

No. Because she never was. But she was on Friends as Chandler's GF or something...

HD DAD posted:

Seriously. Paget has become my unexpected celebrity crush lately.

drat she's 46. She looks great!

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010
Great episode. One part actually made me miss Chevy Chase. The bit when the dean steps out from the shadows and gets tripped up on the furniture was a total Pierce moment.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I have a hard time reconciling the Paget I'm seeing in community to the Paget I hear on The Thrilling Adventure Hour as Sadie Doyle.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Feenix posted:

drat she's 46. She looks great!

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Community Season 6: getting Oedipal over Brewster

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

kickascii posted:

Great episode. One part actually made me miss Chevy Chase. The bit when the dean steps out from the shadows and gets tripped up on the furniture was a total Pierce moment.

I felt exactly the same way. I was like, poo poo, this is where Pierce would have taken it up a notch.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Irish Joe posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Community Season 6: getting Oedipal over Brewster

If you say so. I'm almost 40.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

A great episode. Loving Frankie more and more with each passing day.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Feenix posted:

If you say so. I'm almost 40.

Don't worry, just wait until you see his reaction when someone posts a picture of an eight year old kid!

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Grinning Goblin posted:

Don't worry, just wait until you see his reaction when someone posts a picture of an eight year old kid!

:holymoley:

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Random cameo from Abed's dad in the opening scene.

Edit:checking again I am actually probably wrong about this and now I feel bad.

Batmasterson fucked around with this message at 05:38 on May 23, 2015

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Just proven racist by the racist-prover!

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Weird. I would've sworn it was him, too.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

There should be an episode that just follows a day in the life of the other Troy and abed

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

DangerDummy! posted:

Weird. I would've sworn it was him, too.
Yeah, same. I had just seen the Family Day episode too.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I also made that mistake, but realized it wasn't him in the next shot when I got a better look at his face.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Brawnfire posted:

There should be an episode that just follows a day in the life of the other Troy and abed

There's no Other Troy.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

What about Christmas Troy?

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

XMNN posted:

Does anyone else still get confuse that Frankie isn't actually Monica off of Friends?

No, because she was Kathy (possibly Cathy) from Friends. Duh doy!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm really digging this season. The writing feels a lot tighter than it has been in years, and I think with Troy gone Frankie is actually becoming my favorite character. I was worried with so many cast members leaving the group dynamic would change for the worse, but, I actually think it's almost better this way? idk.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Golden Bee posted:

There's no Other Troy.

Do you hate this? Do you hate doing this?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

I'm really digging this season. The writing feels a lot tighter than it has been in years, and I think with Troy gone Frankie is actually becoming my favorite character. I was worried with so many cast members leaving the group dynamic would change for the worse, but, I actually think it's almost better this way? idk.

Frankie and Elroy seem like they would've been better utilized members of the group than Shirley and Pierce were from the start.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Frankie yes, but has Elroy done anything of note the entire season?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Irish Joe posted:

Be a popular nerd actor.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

he's made me laugh

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Paint... ball?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Insects have wings!

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

I made a stinky.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

El Tortuga posted:

I made a stinky.

Next thread title.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

MrAristocrates posted:

Next thread title.

Can we have the audio playing in the thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Irish Joe posted:

I don't know. I don't own a TV.

• Locked thread