Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Miller has always had an authoritarian bent to his work and his works always had questionable portrayals of minorities and women. When 9/11 happened it all got brought to the forefront his crappy stances just used to be hidden better. That Holy Terror thing actually started life as a Batman story but when DC said no he made up his own not-Batman and not-Catwoman for it

He claims it was his decision to make it a not-Batman project. :mmmhmm:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

.Edward Penischin posted:

While standing in line for the self- checkout line at Wal-Mart, I was thinking how if machines can do the work, they replace people no matter how low the minimum wage.

Whatever you do don't think about what happens to the people in those positions when AI rolls out / mechanical labor becomes cheap enough.

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

At this point Branco is openly cheering for Daesh just because they make Obama look bad. He is openly cheering for murderers. Plucky little ISIS, standing up to Obama. Seriously, gently caress everything.

A lot of right wing cartoonists tend to root for America's Enemies, it's hosed up. (see: Putin blowjobs from earlier this year)

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Not My Leg posted:

[1]
Insert fuckyou.gif here.
personally I identify as NON CONFORM

(also non-binary trans people would be completely happy with a singular door marked "Other", Liccar you gigantic dickhole)

Content:

hurgh

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

GIRL BRAINS posted:

Big Guy and Rusty

All credit to Darrow :colbert:

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Not sure if this was linked, but CNN interviewed Bruce Tinsley few months ago in the light of the Charlie Hebdo shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03SuzzBAe4Y

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Last Buffalo posted:

I know Frank Miller has detestable politics and loves tits more than Horsey, but everyone seems eager to mark him up as a more famous Chris Muir.

Miller has multiple great pieces of work and an unique look that is interesting in its own right. Yes, he's now a racist blowhard, but he's not a total loss. Like many a weird nerd who's creepy obsessions manifested themselves into some highly successful art, he's lost self awareness and now makes poo poo. He's much closer to the comic book Paul Schrader.

I would argue that, like Miller, Muir has deteriorated from the zenith of his skill. Long ago, the art in his strip was better (because the characters weren't trapped in the Uncanny Valley), and the jokes were better (i.e. daily-comic-strip funny) and more grounded in reality. I believe Day by Day jumped the shark in 2007, when the company the main characters worked for went out of business and the strip started branching out into crazier and crazier poo poo. More recently, Muir has started to take his art in "bold" new directions, so the art quality has gone down as well. I'm not saying that even Muir at his best is as good as Miller at his worst, but both men have have definitely allowed their minds and talents to wither.

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 22, 2015

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It's much simpler to go with Gender Neutral restrooms. A Good Cartoon.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

http://gatesofvienna.net/2015/03/the-betrayal-papers-part-iv-of-v/

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Dear God, this is horrifying.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

That meme is several years old and yet I feel like it's too timely for 90% of Investors Business Daily's readers.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Hmmm a news media celebrity has political opinions of his own? How unheard of, well back to Fox News whom I know to be Fair and BalancedTM

gently caress you, Clemens would loving despise modern Republicans.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

DarklyDreaming posted:

That meme is several years old and yet I feel like it's too timely for 90% of Investors Business Daily's readers.

:stonk: I thought Ramirez was referencing smile.jpg

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

DarklyDreaming posted:

To be honest I'm shocked that Ramirez is even aware of it. I thought it was pretty much just a reddit/imgur thing.
For reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laina_Morris

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

How long has Ahmadinejad been a fan of Hillary Clinton?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Ehhh a bit off-topic from polititoons, but now's a good time as ever to post the Alan Moore pastiche on Milller I've been hoarding.

Bit late on this, I know, but its a bit rich seeing Moore try and make fun of anyone elses attempts to look serious by adding grit when Mooren tried to turn Harry Potter into the Columbine Shooters.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

I wish I had a green sack that had

$
Millions

written on it. That would show'em.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

I love how 300 was like the gayest movie ever made but homophobic assholes still have to worship it because it felates their ideals.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Fulchrum posted:

Bit late on this, I know, but its a bit rich seeing Moore try and make fun of anyone elses attempts to look serious by adding grit when Mooren tried to turn Harry Potter into the Columbine Shooters.

Moore seems like a very "...not as I do" grumpy wizard.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lemming posted:

How long has Ahmadinejad been a fan of Hillary Clinton?

I think this is the first caricature of him so far that hasn't made me think Rick Perry, which is a nice change

Ah yes, who isn't familiar with the widely-popular idiom, "You're speaking Greek"? Chris Muir, master of the English language.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Fulchrum posted:

What?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Fulchrum posted:

I don't know what this post means but yeah Moore kinda sucks. V for Vendetta is garbage and Watchmen is overrated trash

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Moore had Harry Potter rampage through Hogwarts slaughtering people.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Axetrain posted:

Clemens would loving despise modern Republicans.

Yup.

""I am an anti-imperialist. I oppose putting the eagle's talons on any other land"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

majormonotone posted:

Watchmen is overrated trash

Wow so edgy yikes

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Wow so edgy yikes

You want edgy? I think the V for Vendetta movie was better than the comic.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

[a] Syrian forces trapped civilians to what? ???

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The world has tragically failed to do anything to prevent climate change. A Good Cartoon.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.

Fulchrum posted:

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Moore had Harry Potter rampage through Hogwarts slaughtering people.

I'm not sure if you didn't finish the story but he was going a lot bigger than Columbine with that plot. That said I feel like it made it all worth it to realize that League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was Alan Moore getting comics fans worldwide to flip out for his Harry Potter fanfiction.

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

OH gently caress OFF

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

majormonotone posted:

I don't know what this post means but yeah Moore kinda sucks. V for Vendetta is garbage and Watchmen is overrated trash

there wolf posted:

You want edgy? I think the V for Vendetta movie was better than the comic.

I expected this kind of nonsense from there wolf, but I thought you were better than this mm

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

For someone who hates teachers, that duck sure attends and speaks at a lot of graduation ceremonies.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Fulchrum posted:

Why?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Well, I guess at least he didn't accuse what's her name of using her imagination. Belittling people who report rape is still beneath him I guess.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

majormonotone posted:

V for Vendetta is garbage and Watchmen is overrated trash

Hyperbolic, but accurate.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

crowoutofcontext posted:

Yup.

""I am an anti-imperialist. I oppose putting the eagle's talons on any other land"
The only emperor Clemens would follow would be Emperor Norton I

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.

Because he found out that his entire school life and legend was rigged by Voldemort/Tom Riddle, who was possessed by the ghost of Not Aleister Crowley and had engineered his birth and life to try to create the Antichrist.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

A guy who draws a comic strip about a talking duck news reporter for a living looks down on encouraging people to use their imaginations.

Alt response: Maybe if you used your imagination more, Bruce, your comic wouldn't be such bland, boring poo poo all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Benly posted:

Because he found out that his entire school life and legend was rigged by Voldemort/Tom Riddle, who was possessed by the ghost of Not Aleister Crowley and had engineered his birth and life to try to create the Antichrist.

:stare: Someone on this world thought this was a good idea?

• Locked thread