Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

Thanks again for the FH write up. I managed to get 958000ish on End and got a sphere frog! Now to try to get through Terminus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

nightwisher posted:

edit: next FH has Shida have the same thing happen to him via Themis. Ruh roh.

Throw on full revive. Finish.

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
if it ain't got that jutt.

Meydey posted:

So I unlocked sbb on my 6* Hogar and now he won't fire his regular bb in the arena. Insists on charging the sbb.
Is there a way to turn off the sbb just for arena? He is a pretty good 2 turn bb dude, but his sbb takes too long.
Plus I like saying "Get em, Hogar!"

my Shera is maxed sbb and always fires her bb as soon as its ready. so maybe try using him in a different slot?
theres benefits to having a unit in a certain slot on your team and theres different arena AI types. i would start my research there.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

FraudulentEconomics posted:

Well if colt isn't thunder... why can't you find a selena friend? Hell I'll throw mine up. Let me know your friend code.

Friends code is 5376191079

Can a selena solo it? Or at least solo it with a bunch of poo poo minions tagging along.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Is there a slightly higher chance of Light Totems spawning in the Miracle Totem zone or should I just stick to the elemental ones?

EDIT: Nevermind, managed to score one on the Miracle one. Woo, 6* Sefia.

TARDISman fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 22, 2015

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Newbie's guide to acquiring mech gods:

:words:

OR bring a Rowgen friend, laugh as he auto battles his way solo through the entire dungeon.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Evil Fluffy posted:

There's nothing stopping a new player from getting mech gods as soon as they have enough stamina to run the dungeons though. There has to be at least one goon with a fully imped anima feeva (or Selene). Tazer with Leomurg might work too since he should fully heal every round while doing his auto-fill SBB nuking.

Sadly, my Selena isn't fully imped up yet, and she's a Breaker instead of Anima.

Also, I have 7 Burst Frogs sitting in my inventory, and Shida is sitting at 2/10, refusing to get that third level from any of the fodder I'm throwing at him. It's like he knoooows. :argh:

TARDISman posted:

Is there a slightly higher chance of Light Totems spawning in the Miracle Totem zone or should I just stick to the elemental ones?

Light and Dark Totems both have MUCH better chances of showing up in the Ruins of Miracles, but it's not 100%; if anything it's closer to like 30% or 40%.

Casual Friday
May 9, 2015

iTS HARD FOR ME TO MAKE A SONG THAT iSNT ABOUT MONEY, JEWELRY OR SKiNNY BUTTERSCOTCH BABES WiTH BASEBALL TiTS BECUZ THATS ALL i THiNK ABOUT

Trebek posted:

Stuff about Green Menace.

Thanks this worked like a charm. I used double Feeva leads though. Not sure if it was better or not. I ended up throwing that Edea sphere on Shera and never lost him until the end. Lost the first team with only Lugina and Zelnite left. Had 3 fujin's left over to power up my 2nd team and finish it. I put a fujin on Shera and Feeva to start the trial but targeted Farnvil. Never needed another fujin until the end.

Casual Friday fucked around with this message at 04:44 on May 22, 2015

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
I would have had Rosetta in at least one slot otherwise you did it without a spark buffer. But hey, glad it worked.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Once I get Ultor's SBB unlocked I'll probably try Lugina's trial with something like Claire/Fiora/Darvanshell/Rigness/Ultor and a Feeva or Rosetta buddy. Though if BB becomes an issue I might drop Claire for Lilly as leader I guess.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

i started the game a couple weeks back and have been building up an ivris I got as an early drop. shes 6 star and i am level 70. I also pulled a colt the other day. should i make colt my number one guy going forward? I am f2p so i wont be going crazy on the gacha.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Evil Fluffy posted:

Once I get Ultor's SBB unlocked I'll probably try Lugina's trial with something like Claire/Fiora/Darvanshell/Rigness/Ultor and a Feeva or Rosetta buddy. Though if BB becomes an issue I might drop Claire for Lilly as leader I guess.

You will probably sail through with that team and a Feeva buddy.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Exactly when is the best situations to use a Tora? I've been using her in arena recently and her BB helps in giving me more dice rolls to disable the opponent.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Next batch of units in JPBF

NEW GUNDAM

I look forward to him showing up in FH with Melchio and having some mecha rivalry banter.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Is that Bargain Bin Odin to go along with Zephu, our Bargain Bin Kain?

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Agent355 posted:

Friends code is 5376191079

Can a selena solo it? Or at least solo it with a bunch of poo poo minions tagging along.

The strategy from what I understand, is to have Selena SBB every other turn and normal attack otherwise (for BC gen and the fact that her basic attack hits about as hard if not slightly harder than her BB). Between Lexida's heal and the heal from her SBB, any totem sans the thunder totem SHOULD NOT be able to damage her through it. Ideally, you only need to have her alive at the end during the Mech God battle, but bring a leader either with immunity or HP (or both if possible! WHATUP KANON) just to help. My Selena should have about 13-14k health with her LS and 20% bonus ES.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, 7* Evolutions for SBS units "soon". And they released a Light one.

Dunno if it's the power creep or it being a Light boss or they just toned things down a bit this time, but the dungeon was really easy. One-shotted everything.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Evil Fluffy posted:

Bb won't be an issue since there will always be more than one enemy. I'd take a single target damager or two because there is almost no chance of clearing lugina while Lucca zelnite and altri are alive

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

McDragon posted:

Dunno if it's the power creep or it being a Light boss or they just toned things down a bit this time, but the dungeon was really easy. One-shotted everything.

Can't wait for 7* Tridon and his still worthless shield. :confuoot:

Ninkobei posted:

Bb won't be an issue since there will always be more than one enemy. I'd take a single target damager or two because there is almost no chance of clearing lugina while Lucca zelnite and altri are alive

My only leveled up single target BB spammer is Lilith. If I need to do single target hits on Lugina I'll have Claire just attack him or Darvanshell BB instead of SBB I guess. If I want to get my 4* Arus maxxed out I'd have to wait another week for materials.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
The team you listed was fine. Not really a unit you can replace there. Maybe Fiora because you are almost mono fire, but Rickel will be an issue then.

Edit: 7* SBS units will be interesting. Hopefully Zedus and Andaria become more useful.

Trebek fucked around with this message at 18:57 on May 22, 2015

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I'm trying that 7* selena solos mecha gods thing. It's working so far. She lives with ~3k hp after the enemy attacks and then heals up to full each turn from regen/heart drops. Assuming the enemy doesn't get a run of lucky crits and I get no heart drops for a few turns in a row it should work eventually.

NOTE: eventually in this case means like an hour because holy poo poo this is going to take awhile.

Distrata
Jan 24, 2007
Meh
So, Gumi announced that the Achievement Store will be coming on the 26th.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Distrata posted:

So, Gumi announced that the Achievement Store will be coming on the 26th.

Bets that it will be horribly broken on release and not work for anybody?

McDragon posted:

Bets that the 7* evos will require another of the event dungeon units for each and every SBS character?

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

gently caress these gd mecha gods. Only took off about 80% and then got rekt! Non of the people on my friends list have any selena or feeva ever as leaders or at least they aren't listed when I need them.

:bang: :suicide: :argh:

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

nfthree posted:

gently caress these gd mecha gods. Only took off about 80% and then got rekt! Non of the people on my friends list have any selena or feeva ever as leaders or at least they aren't listed when I need them.

:bang: :suicide: :argh:

Switched over to Selena for you.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

Bets that it will be horribly broken on release and not work for anybody?

Bets that the 7* evos will require another of the event dungeon units for each and every SBS character?

They'll require a 6* version of the event dungeon drop, I'm sure.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

They'll require a 6* version of the event dungeon drop, I'm sure.

:dogbutton:

You're probably right.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Nice.
Just did two free pulls for the hell of it and got 5* Ivris and another Claire

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Probably around or so pulls total, still haven't gotten a 7 star, lol.

but I have 5 mariudeth and 3 zelnite. About six months ago I would have poo poo myself with glee.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Eh I still use my (anime, fully imped) Zelnite a fair amount since I don't have Feeva. Though Claire gives a nice BC drop rate boost and Colt gives BB regen so Zelnite's mainly for drop farming now and maybe HC creation.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

There, evolved Colt into his 7* form, maxed out his BB and SBB, he's eaten all of my stat frogs so far but I don't know how many it takes to cap but I now have a real leader for friends to use. Huzzah.

E: so now I should probably start thinking about spheres while I level up all my other squad members as well.

Right now he's wearing some sphere I got from from frontier hunter and another that I made myself that boosts BB gauge fill rate.

What are some good spheres to use and how do I go about getting them?

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 01:13 on May 24, 2015

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Grand Gaia Quests has 6 spheres as a bonus for finishing each set of dungeons. All of them are extremely useful, but if I had to pick one to start with it'd be Lance's dungeon for Drevas - 30% Def/HP and status immunity, extremely useful sphere especially for a mitigator or status nuller. Urias (Atro) is also quite nice, 30% Atk/Def and 1.4x BC fill rate (so each BC is worth 1.4). Lance is probably the easiest dungeon beat but they're all pretty hard. 7* friend, a mitigator and reliable healing or HC generation will help immensely.

You'll get sacred jewels, medulla gems and legwand gems from Frontier Hunter. Arena will supply you with spheres almost every rank-up. Sol Creators can be crafted and are very useful, boosts bc drop rate by 15%. This is a guide on what materials you'll need to make them.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 24, 2015

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Not sure how you are doing in FH but Legwand and Virtue Stone are available right now. Would be a good combo to get started with. If the Easter Dungeon is still going on Paskaun Weapon Enhancer is a good secondary sphere as well.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Green Menace down with a single team :toot:

Claire - Malice/Ishir's
Darvanshel - Dandelga/Demon Core
Fiora - Legwand/Sol Creator
Ultor - Legwand
Rigness - Draevas/Magic Ore

Buddy Feeva with Demon Core and Malice, fully imped too.

Burned all my items and went in to Lugina's transformation with Zelban and Rickel still alive because I was AOEing a bunch. Forgot to idol against Lugina's first 100k hit so Ultor died, but I managed to AOE him hard enough to make his 2nd and 3rd 100k hits come in the same round and against Ultor with an angel idol. Forgot to Idol buff him later on when he summoned Zelnite and Ultor died again, then Ultor died a 3rd time to a random single target attack that did a shitload of damage. Claire also killed by him deciding to break out some 4-5 hit attack that was doing thousands of damage per hit to her. With over 4k defense and Darvanshell's buffs. :psyduck:

Last idol was used on Darvanshell for his 10% AOE, Rigness and Fiora guarded, Feeva barely survived due to my last cure. Now to figure out who to give the sphere to. I'm thinking of dropping the Geldnite Axe off Colt and having him use Blighted/Heresy for the time being. Geldnite's probably better though as long as it's and extra 100% crit damage. Apparently it's only 50% more crit in Japan which means if we don't have that nerf we will sooner or later.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Trebek posted:

Not sure how you are doing in FH but Legwand and Virtue Stone are available right now. Would be a good combo to get started with. If the Easter Dungeon is still going on Paskaun Weapon Enhancer is a good secondary sphere as well.

I have one sphere I got from frontier hunter called the sacred jewel. I barely barely beat the third FH phase called I think the 'end' phase? I don't know where legwand and virtue stone are but I might go take a second look to see if I'm close to either of them.

I failed the third level of the easter dungeon when I had it set to auto-battle so I didn't do anymore of that and now there is only 3-4 hours left in the event so I won't be able to gather the materials anyway.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Eh, went to bed around 600 rank on FH, woke up at like 1200. Same thing every time. I dunno what happens in the last hour or two but I always lose a rank. Maybe I'll get lucky with the adjustment.

E: Currently trying Blighted Seal out on Kanon, since mine is a guardian anyway. Not sure about it yet but it pushes his atk to 4200. I think the sphere is only going to work for tougher content combined with Heresy Orb though.

Trebek fucked around with this message at 15:56 on May 24, 2015

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Trebek posted:

Eh, went to bed around 600 rank on FH, woke up at like 1200. Same thing every time. I dunno what happens in the last hour or two but I always lose a rank. Maybe I'll get lucky with the adjustment.

E: Currently trying Blighted Seal out on Kanon, since mine is a guardian anyway. Not sure about it yet but it pushes his atk to 4200. I think the sphere is only going to work for tougher content combined with Heresy Orb though.

People like to gem during the last few hours or so. I missed a few orbs due to being on the east coast when FH opened up and getting the "auto win" glitch. So i used 2 gems for 6 extra orbs. My rank went from 4.5k to 2.9k with 15 minutes left to the end. After 2:00am PST i was at 3.1k. Last FH I open moved up about 60 spots after they banned the cheaters. Jumping up 200ish spots is very doubtful for you imo.

Pilkington
Nov 5, 2005

You see, the other raptors and I have constructed a crude suspension bridge to Venezuela
Ended this FH at rank 2600, my best yet. First time ever getting +4. Thought about trying for +5, but too much effort required and didn't want to use my gems. Now back to run Changing the World over and over again while I get Claire and Colt's SBBs.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
The amount of effort involved is why I hardly run FH after getting the Legwand out of Terminus and so I'm forever doomed to never get more than +2 rank during FH.

Maybe I'm dumb but I have more fun managing my units/squads than I do doing the actual content so most of my "gameplay" is auto-battles (though I've not finished the main quest yet).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Rank 28k in this FH because :effort:

Agent355 posted:

I have one sphere I got from frontier hunter called the sacred jewel. I barely barely beat the third FH phase called I think the 'end' phase? I don't know where legwand and virtue stone are but I might go take a second look to see if I'm close to either of them.

I failed the third level of the easter dungeon when I had it set to auto-battle so I didn't do anymore of that and now there is only 3-4 hours left in the event so I won't be able to gather the materials anyway.

Go in to FH End with your Colt as a leader and someone else'se Colt like mine. Just take the atk set and buff colt + 2 hard hitters on round 1 with your fujins and then use an atk pot every round. As long as you get a run with a decent number of enemies per wave you should get a high enough score for the Medulla and maybe the sphere frog.

I forget if you're the one with a Champion Axe on their Colt but +crit rate spheres are useless for him because at BB10/SBB10 his crit buff puts you at the cap.

• Locked thread