Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Memento posted:

Oh great, now watch the thread get peppered with puns :rolleyes:

No need to get salty about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Memento posted:

It was all going fine until you shook things up.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

No need to get salty about it

What would Ricky Morton do?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

IronCladBurrito posted:

What would Ricky Morton do?

:siren: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxuLJDQdKg4 :siren:

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Memento posted:

Yeah, I only cumin here to talk about wrestling.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
:psyduck: Don Callis replied to an almost 4 year old tweet I made mentioning him.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Delsaber posted:

Yeah, I only cumin here to talk about wrestling.

Now is not the thyme for this!

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

whatsabattle posted:

:psyduck: Don Callis replied to an almost 4 year old tweet I made mentioning him.

What did The Jackyl have to say?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I'm trying to make a jalapeno pun post, but I can't find a good Lita tweet.

Lita's not latino, right? That's not supposed to sound racist.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

CobiWann posted:

Now is not the thyme for this!

Some of these puns are difficult to parsely.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

whatsabattle posted:

I got all excited that Callis was doing a thing on the internet, but Lance Storm said it's a fake account. https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/601577836453896192

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Mr. Swoon posted:

I got all excited that Callis was doing a thing on the internet, but Lance Storm said it's a fake account. https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/601577836453896192

lance storm hates fake accounts

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

That DICK! posted:

i don't think you get how these jokes work: lance storm opinions are supposed to be wrong

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I've yet to hear a Lance Storm opinion I agreed with

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Memento posted:

I need to check in on this thread more regularly, I hate having to ketchup.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

That DICK! posted:

Not as much as he hates big pharma and libraries.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

That DICK! posted:

then I guess he skipped the Monday Night Wars on the Network

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Josh gettin salty

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

drat I wish I had 800 followers

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

To be fair to Josh, being bitter and whiny seems like he's representing TNA perfectly.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Dave Gilbert is a silly billy but his heart is in the right place. He's a daft English fellow who has had his fair share of TNA scoops in his time.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
If you haven't noticed (and I don't blame you): Russo is having a huge meltdown on twitter about the whole DA/TNA thing, and he's supporting ol Dixie. (and of course, attacking Dave Meltzer)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

Dave Gilbert is a silly billy but his heart is in the right place. He's a daft English fellow who has had his fair share of TNA scoops in his time.

I've come around on him a bit. Still won't listen to his podcast but the fact that he's been blacklisted by TNAMecca warms my heart.

Oh Eric Young got in on the fun too.

quote:

Eric Young @TheEricYoung · 36m
So turns out people that " write wrestling news " for the Internet are not right and don't bother checking facts! Sad sad sad losers

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

It's kind of sad when you realise that Meltzer probably makes more money as a result of TNA than most of its employees.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Skinty McEdger posted:

It's kind of sad when you realise that Meltzer probably makes more money as a result of TNA than most of its employees.

Tweet that and share the responses.

Did no one point out to Josh that Joe's been a big deal in RoH? Seems like an utter sitter.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

this TNA stuff is all so strange

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Will never understand why these workers so blindly follow every word Dixie says

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

sportsgenius86 posted:

Because knowing TNA, the workers probably don't know yet. They probably think everything is fine.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

sportsgenius86 posted:

It's ECW syndrome. Believing the hype of your company because you think that the only reason you're not a huge and successful wrestling company is because you're being held down by some force totally outside of yourself.

In ECW's case, it was kind of true with things like talent raids and being too violent to be on TV unless it was like 2:00am on the Sunshine Network. But, they overcame all of that because ECW would put on great shows consistently (until they didn't). Can't say the same for TNA. They're not rebelling against WWE or doing anything new/different like ECW presented - they're WWE-lite but fail to recognize it.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

sportsgenius86 posted:

Because these days the marks are in the ring, brother

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
If somehow this doesn't pan out, Meltzer is going to look really bad. I mean they have 4 months before they make announcements, anything can happen then.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

DrVenkman posted:

If somehow this doesn't pan out, Meltzer is going to look really bad. I mean they have 4 months before they make announcements, anything can happen then.

Eh. Dave's been wrong about major stuff before im sure and he seems to be fine, being wrong about this just means TNA found a new sucker to fleece for a product that isnt going anywhere

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'm not saying Dave is never wrong, but he wouldn't come out and talk about something unless he was pretty certain of the details. Whenever he only has one source or isn't really sure, he makes it clear he is speculating or he dances around the subject.

So if he is wrong, it's because it's a conspiracy from within TNA to discredit him :tinfoil:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Phenix Rising posted:

It's ECW syndrome. Believing the hype of your company because you think that the only reason you're not a huge and successful wrestling company is because you're being held down by some force totally outside of yourself.

Yeah but even with ECW's devout cult following, their fans weren't constantly in straight up denial about the state of the company where they'd viciously attack and harass everyone who said even a middling word about it. Though maybe that would've been different had social media been a thing at the time. Dixie is the word of god to them and Meltzer is the devil. Everyone who isn't part of their cult is spewing lies and persecuting them, and there's a massive intentional bias against TNA because everyone just has this baseless vendetta against them and bullies their fans for no reason. I've honestly never seen anything like this mentality and I've been a wrestling fan for a very long time. I suspect there's a fairly big crossover between TNAMecca and MRAs, because they argue the exact same way and play the victim the exact same way.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Did no one point out to Josh that Joe's been a big deal in RoH? Seems like an utter sitter.

Pretty much everyone did, and he basically denies it. I wonder if he takes credit for Okada's popularity too.

By his logic, Generico and Steen should've debuted as loser jobbers and nobody should've recognized them if nothing on the indy circuit counts as popularity. He's basically being JBL with his "So what if he was wrestling for a decade!? He hasn't done anything HERE!" bullshit.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

sportsgenius86 posted:

Stock-holm Syn-drome
*clap, clap, clap-clap-clap*

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

remember pro wrestling before twitter? me neither

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

epitasis posted:

remember pro wrestling before twitter? me neither

We had to work so much harder to see wrestler's cocks back then.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
And to find out their bad opinions on pretty much everything, also

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

We had to work so much harder to see wrestler's cocks back then.

Sometimes you'd have to hang outside Maple Leaf Gardens in the snow for hours just to get Jim Duggan to whip it out. And even then, he charged you five dollars. American

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Mr. Swoon posted:

I actually feel better about it now, I was worried about him namesearching deep deep into the past.