Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

saintonan posted:

If you have multiple tanks in a specific line that you like and want to keep, how do you quickly train up a secondary crew for those vehicles?

Put them in a premium tank and play them a lot. Or just a regular tank and silver retrain them once you're satisfied. Training crews is mostly about playing a lot of matches.

The female crew members start out with the first skill fully trained. But you have to complete all the missions to get them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

TheFluff posted:

A DPM advantage of a whopping 82.4 damage/minute. Why, that's a huge advantage right there. I'm sure you'll be able to DPM race a T10 medium shooting HEAT straight through your mantlet much better with that gun.

Is that calculated taking the 90 alpha difference into account? Because I'm really not confident I'm ever going to be in a position to continually fire for over a minute straight.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Latest in the 'holy poo poo, this player base is full of absolute loving shittards'- my buddy (45k games played, WN8 1968 or so) was called a reroll. When he pointed out that he has 45k games played, he was accused of 'hacking XVM' :cripes:

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
the armor on the T28 prototype is worthless, i hate this tank

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Wulfolme posted:

the armor on the T28 prototype is worthless, i hate this tank

T30 is totally worth it. persevere.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hellsau posted:

No that's the problem -G- used to be decent and now their callers are worse than Hellsau. They had a loving Waffle E100 sitting in A3 on Redshire unable to support the two mediums they abandoned near 1 line while the rest of their team camped east. As it turns out, a Waffle sitting in A3 on Redshire is real easy to murder!

I am trying to kill PINGU here and you people refuse to let me :catstare:

STOP TALKING ABOUT YOURSELF IN THIRD PERSON!

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Back after a break. How is the AMX 30B? I was about to start the Leopard 1 grind but the 30B looks just as good/if not better and I don't have to do that obnoxious tier 7 german light tank or whatever (I already have an elite amx 13 90).

Comrade_Canada
Jan 24, 2014

cheese posted:

Back after a break. How is the AMX 30B? I was about to start the Leopard 1 grind but the 30B looks just as good/if not better and I don't have to do that obnoxious tier 7 german light tank or whatever (I already have an elite amx 13 90).

30B is almost a leo clone that has slightly better camo, noticeably crappier mobility, better snap shot ability but less dpm and aims down slower. Go for the Leo, its pretty much superior and more useful in CW anyway

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
AMX 30 prototype is poo poo loads of fun and is better than the Leo PTA in every way.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
So I found one of the worst players I've ever seen: steelthunder777

Some highlights (only 900 company battles out of 26000):

1900 Super Pershing battles - 326 average damage
1450 KV-85 battles - 244 average damage, 36% winrate
950 PZ38nA battles - 31 average damage, only 6 scouts (so it isn't a SLYFOX54 bot)
700 games in the Pz4H - 39 average damage
2 Aces badges out of 184 tanks, on the T-150 (1300 games 290 average damage) and Grille (500 games 36% winrate?! the gently caress is he doing to sabotage his team like this)
Panther 88 (21 games), JT88 (27 games) he's keeping the game free for us.

He was top tier in a WTpz4 on Cliff, did 250 damage, we won easily because I did 5k damage and the enemy chose not to fire their guns at me. He responded to my taunts so he wasn't a bot. Fun times.

Agrajag posted:

STOP TALKING ABOUT YOURSELF IN THIRD PERSON!

Actually my account's name is Chillsau, I'm talking about some Hellsau guy who is bad at calling and at the game and makes bad jokes and is so drat handsome I could just die.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

How does somebody do 250 damage in a WT?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

xthetenth posted:

HE with the 128?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

xthetenth posted:

JuffoWup posted:

HE with the 128?

Naw he got his 1. 6 shots, 1 hit, 1 pen, 1 kill :synpa:

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

xthetenth posted:

Penetrate one shot every three games, roughly.Whoops I thought that was his average damage. Nothing to see here.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

frood posted:

Penetrate one shot every three games, roughly.Whoops I thought that was his average damage. Nothing to see here.

800 average damage, 220 games, 43% winrate.

e: this is too good

http://na.wargaming.net/clans/1000015655/

He's a clan commander, their clan is super bad! Look at this goddamn motto:

quote:

Are oath is "WE WILL NEVER STOP WE WILL NEVER BACK DOWN WE WILL FIGHT TO THE DEATH WE MAY RETREAT BUT WE WILL ALLWAYS STAND TALL WE WILL TURN YOUR TANK INTO TOST" we are looking for,players with tier 6's at the minmum, and 3000 games. we dont care about your stats, we belive your stats dont prove your skill in battle, but your preformence in battle dose Must be willing to Train Do Clan Wars,Tournaments and Participate in training. Participation is a requirement to Join .if you dont plan on doing your part dont join Now if this is for you sign up today!!!!!

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 05:11 on May 22, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Oh god it's literally an old person doing speech to text

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
That clan has an average Personal Rating of 2600 :cripes:

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

quote:

we belive your stats dont prove your skill in battle, but your preformence in battle dose

Where do pubbies think stats come from?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Where do pubbies think stats come from?

No idea but they certainly are cowardly - that clan commander dude sent his clanmate to harass me instead of having the balls to do it himself. Fortunately I had plenty of time while waiting for the next stronghold fight to play around.

KonigRasnake
Mar 20, 2014

Simply trying to enjoy some lemonade and magic-head.
Pubbies should get gayAIDS and die. In that order of course.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

quote:

Are oath is "WE WILL NEVER STOP WE WILL NEVER BACK DOWN WE WILL FIGHT TO THE DEATH WE MAY RETREAT BUT WE WILL ALLWAYS STAND TALL WE WILL TURN YOUR TANK INTO TOST" we are looking for,players with tier 6's at the minmum, and 3000 games. we dont care about your stats, we belive your stats dont prove your skill in battle, but your preformence in battle dose Must be willing to Train Do Clan Wars,Tournaments and Participate in training. Participation is a requirement to Join .if you dont plan on doing your part dont join Now if this is for you sign up today!!!!!
:ironicat:
What the gently caress does he think "number of games played" is if not a statistic?

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Magres posted:

Oh god it's literally an old person doing speech to text

No, speech to text programs can spell.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

WayAbvPar posted:

Latest in the 'holy poo poo, this player base is full of absolute loving shittards'- my buddy (45k games played, WN8 1968 or so) was called a reroll. When he pointed out that he has 45k games played, he was accused of 'hacking XVM' :cripes:

I wonder how many times SamJax have been called a reroll.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chcOoxOthIo
77k games.... :stare:

Also, BDR G1B is one of the high points off the French Heavy lines.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Agrajag posted:

AMX 30 prototype is poo poo loads of fun and is better than the Leo PTA in every way.

Agreed. It's ridiculous how much fun it is compared to the similar T9 mediums (Leo PTA, Type 61). I even enjoy horrible losses in it.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Came back to the game after a very long break and had some fun.

Kinda sad there doesn't seem to be a ton of people playing anymore though.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

code:

Mission completed! Reward:
Vehicles added: TOG II

Slots added: 1
I don't even have enough heavy crew to drive this heap of poo poo. :toot:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

800 average damage, 220 games, 43% winrate.

e: this is too good

http://na.wargaming.net/clans/1000015655/

He's a clan commander, their clan is super bad! Look at this goddamn motto:

You have to see this:

http://na.wargaming.net/clans/1000011433/

hue :getin:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Change "TOST" TO "PANSY".

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

How the gently caress do you guys deal with e100/e75 in a basic medium? I can't seem to do poo poo to them in my t-54 unless I'm literally staring at a 90 degree angle into their rear end in a top hat. Is that pretty much standard poo poo or am I just bad

Everytime I see one I'm just like "k ill never pen him, even if I'm flanking for a buddy he'll just rightfully ignore me, I'm going somewhere else"

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Shoot the lower plate/shoot the turret with HEAT If they're staring right at you. Don't shoot the spaced side armor of the E100, especially with HEAT.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Change "TOST" TO "PANSY".

I figured I'd just blatantly rip it off verbatim; would it actually be better if I personalized it?

quote:

Are oath is "WE WILL NEVER STOP WE WILL NEVER BACK DOWN WE WILL FIGHT TO THE DEATH WE MAY RETREAT BUT WE WILL ALLWAYS STAND TALL WE WILL TURN YOUR TANK INTO PANSY" we are looking for,players with tier 6's at the minmum, and 3000 games. we dont care about your stats, we belive your stats dont prove your skill in battle, but your preformence in battle dose Must be willing to Train Do Clan Wars,Tournaments and Participate in training. Participation is a requirement to Join .if you dont plan on doing your part dont join Now if this is for you sign up today!!!!!

AtomizerX(PANSY)
Commander

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

700 games in the Pz4H - 39 average damage

This is actually the most puzzling, since the PZ4's HE slinger will hit even a KV for 80-120 damage in the front. Literally a third of a shot at the most well-armoured tank in the tier.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

srb posted:

This is actually the most puzzling, since the PZ4's HE slinger will hit even a KV for 80-120 damage in the front. Literally a third of a shot at the most well-armoured tank in the tier.

I have no loving clue other than maybe he forgot to setup his not correctly so it was shooting AP from the derp or HE from the 75 or using the 5cm? That poo poo just makes no sense other than he is actively malicious in some way - choosing to sabotage his teams through botting or intentionally losing.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Looks like their adding more participation medals in 9.8 oh joy. Though the personal boosters seem like they might be useful if they aren't a huge PIA to earn. Dynamic platoons can suck a dick though. All you need is every poo poo lord with XVM spamming invites to any vaguely green player they see.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
What I like the most about 9.8 is that the game will now actually tell you whenever you spot a tank and when you score assistance damage. Gonna make scouting a whole lot easier when you don't have to guess if it's you or someone else doing the spotting.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

M.C. McMic posted:

Basically, I'm just farming as many fun-to-play tanks as possible because I hardly ever get to play. So, when I do, I just cycle through my premiums and the regular tanks I enjoy playing, trying to get my doubles.
Late to party.

AT-2 is hella fun to left click tanks with. Actually, I'm having/had fun with the entire Brit brick line, up through the AT15 right now.

Excelsior and T14 were great until they got removed from the store. Play them as mediums.

The A-44 is also quite amusing. You get a really powerful gun and it sidescrapes pretty well. Decent speed. The armor bounces lots of weird stuff, the ammo rack is well protected and the gun handling is unparalleled.

I propose we change PANSY to GOATS. Then if some shitlord annoys us about joining, we can send them to goatse.info and it'll look legit on the surface.

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 12:55 on May 22, 2015

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

Agrajag posted:

How's the Lorraine 40 t? I'm kinda focusing on moving up the American and French med lines.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
3x first win, 50% crew and skill resets, 50% equip sale and some US sales. Meh

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

M.C. McMic posted:

How's the Lorraine 40 t? I'm kinda focusing on moving up the American and French med lines.

The Lorraine is pretty awful. Not as bad as it was right after they made it a tier 9, but still not great. It is as big as a house and basically unarmored, so enjoy getting full penned by everyone. I LOVE shooting Lorraines when I play arty...it is like the 4th of July!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

rex rabidorum vires posted:

3x first win, 50% crew and skill resets, 50% equip sale and some US sales. Meh
Seems decent to me. Plus there are a few missions to do. I've been waiting on an equipment sale. Got 7 mil to blow.