Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Also gently caress this new champion. Stop applauding yourself!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who found this annoying!

Also Andrew lives like half an hour from me so I'm glad he did so well and is on the tournament of champs because Jeopardy needs more Canadians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I got a repeat last night. :mad:

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

"S" words category? I love you, Jeopardy writers. SNL Celebrity Jeopardy references ahoy!

And Kinky Boots for the Final Jeopardy question involving Hymns from the champion? It was good for a laugh at least, and Alex thought so too. Didn't need to get it right either. I had no idea, I'm generally terrible at Finals involving religion...

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Goodbye Choyon, you bobbing-up-and-down motherfucker.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I'm watching 500 Questions on ABC. It seems pretty terrible but College Jeopardy darling Pam Mueller just showed up as a contestant. That was a nice surprise.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I want to like 500 Questions but there's like fifteen seconds of expository dialogue for every five seconds of question and answer. Contestant strategy talk is one thing but I can only listen to hearing how a Top Ten Challenge works so many times.

Invenerable
Aug 7, 2005

YOU CAN BE A BIG PIG, TOO!

They're speeding up a bit as the show progresses, at least. I also like how the "geniuses" for the most part sarcastically respond to Quest's attempts to be intimidating.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

wa27 posted:

I'm watching 500 Questions on ABC. It seems pretty terrible but College Jeopardy darling Pam Mueller just showed up as a contestant. That was a nice surprise.

Yeah, that was nice. From what jboard was saying, there were a bunch more Jeopardy names who were invited to do that show.

EDIT: Megan was a former Jeopardy contestant as well, although she didn't win a large amount of money or make it to a tournament. She won 3 games back in 2011, which I totally forgot that the host announced when she was introduced. Steve is also a jboard regular, but hasn't actually been on the show.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 05:41 on May 27, 2015

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Put KenJen on and that show might be worth watching

Invenerable
Aug 7, 2005

Per his Twitter, he was invited. He just couldn't spare a week for taping. Womp womp.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

Invenerable posted:

They're speeding up a bit as the show progresses, at least. I also like how the "geniuses" for the most part sarcastically respond to Quest's attempts to be intimidating.

Honestly, I can't look at Richard Quest without seeing a really distressed John Oliver.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ken Jennings doesn't have a day job anymore

What is he doing that is more important than game shows

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
My wife (Kate) was on last night's show!

I think she did alright, Dan was just in the zone with the buzzer in DJ.

FJ was ludicrously difficult, though. Dan got it but I saw he said on Reddit that it was more luck than anything else since others have come up with 2 other sets of governors that are consecutive alphabetically, but who weren't prosecutors.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

macnbc posted:

My wife (Kate) was on last night's show!

I think she did alright, Dan was just in the zone with the buzzer in DJ.

FJ was ludicrously difficult, though. Dan got it but I saw he said on Reddit that it was more luck than anything else since others have come up with 2 other sets of governors that are consecutive alphabetically, but who weren't prosecutors.

She did great! That FJ was a total slam dunk for anyone who lives in the NY metro area but I can see how it'd be hard otherwise.

Invenerable
Aug 7, 2005

macnbc posted:

It wasn't that hard for me, but I can only name 5 current governors, anyway.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

zakharov posted:

She did great! That FJ was a total slam dunk for anyone who lives in the NY metro area but I can see how it'd be hard otherwise.

New Yorkers :whatup:.

FJ was an instaget for me, since it's almost impossible to turn on a TV here without a commercial with Christie or Cuomo pushing some education thing on you, or people against them showing up on the air. Cuomo used to be our AG before he made it to the governor's mansion (I think I voted for him all 3 times, since the Republican alternatives were worse) and Christie was mentioned as a former federal prosecutor on NPR during all of their copious Bridgegate coverage here recently.

Your wife did pretty good, Dan was unfortunately just better...

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Man, Gilbert Gottfried has not aged well.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
drat, too bad Ivan lost, he's a friend of mine. I'm just sad he won't get to tell more stories like the rope ladder one--he's got some good ones.

That said, he did get the chance to go on Jeopardy and risk everything on a clue, which is basically the Holy Grail of our group of friends, so congrats to him :)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Was so happy Choyon got trounced so hard when he lost I hate people that delay the game (and yeah I know it's the best strategy).

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
"What is screw?"

:v:

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Mister Kingdom posted:

"What is screw?"

That was good for a laugh.

Also, I think Autumn is the first active duty military person in a while who hasn't taped their episode of Jeopardy (or other major game show) in their dress uniform... She was a Major in the Marines, right?

Guessed FJ at as time was abut to expire. Also, $99,999 in winnings for Dan? What an exact number...

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

drat, too bad Ivan lost, he's a friend of mine. I'm just sad he won't get to tell more stories like the rope ladder one--he's got some good ones.

That said, he did get the chance to go on Jeopardy and risk everything on a clue, which is basically the Holy Grail of our group of friends, so congrats to him :)

He also made The Soup this week.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Mister Kingdom posted:

"What is screw?"

I still think they should've allowed it. I mean, it technically fit, right???

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Flagrant Abuse posted:

I still think they should've allowed it. I mean, it technically fit, right???

No the clue said something about a wedge shaped tool so it doesn't work

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A screw is a wedge twisted into a helix :v:

I had a larger bone to pick with the 404 question as URLs haven't referred exclusively to files for a long time (for maximum pedantry the HTTP spec doesn't refer to files either, it's just a general "I don't have what you asked for" condition).

haveblue fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 1, 2015

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

haveblue posted:

A screw is a wedge twisted into a helix :v:
This was my exact reasoning. :saddowns:

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Looks like Randy bet way too big on that Daily Double. Canadian Cities was just not his category.

Dan continues to bet big or nothing at all on Final when he really doesn't need to, and it continues to pay off. Still, it's probably gonna bite him in the rear end eventually.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jun 2, 2015

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I mean, I kind of understand why he bet big on that DJ, but he had NO idea about Canadian geography at all. He didn't name a single city that was even in the right province, except for Moose Jaw and that one was really a gimmie.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

HookShot posted:

I mean, I kind of understand why he bet big on that DJ, but he had NO idea about Canadian geography at all. He didn't name a single city that was even in the right province, except for Moose Jaw and that one was really a gimmie.

I don't think he even got Moose Jaw right, even as a if it was a gimme, since he was too deep in the red for it even to have mattered...

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

GhostStalker posted:

I don't think he even got Moose Jaw right, even as a if it was a gimme, since he was too deep in the red for it even to have mattered...

Oh yeah I forgot he guessed Winnipeg haha, it was so easy I think I just assumed he got it right.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Finally got my Alex pic. This makes the experience worth so much as I will get so many likes.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

mennoknight posted:

Finally got my Alex pic. This makes the experience worth so much as I will get so many likes.

I know that feeling, even if my own photo doesn't look that good in my opinion, even if it is my avatar here and on Facebook, amongst other places.

Remind us, when is your episode airing again? A couple weeks from now, right?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Double post, but Dan finally crashes and burns with his Final Jeopardy betting strategy. He'll probably be in the Tournament of Champions, though. I had no idea on the FJ clue, nothing came to me in time.

That was a strange reversal on the obesity clue. I really dunno why autism would be accepted...

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

GhostStalker posted:

I know that feeling, even if my own photo doesn't look that good in my opinion, even if it is my avatar here and on Facebook, amongst other places.

Remind us, when is your episode airing again? A couple weeks from now, right?

June 18th.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

GhostStalker posted:

That was a strange reversal on the obesity clue. I really dunno why autism would be accepted...
I thought that as well but a quick Google shows some studies linking autism with diabetes. There's probably a few other answers you could find that would work as well.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Nice, something to look forward to in a couple of weeks.

Your picture with Trebek looks a lot better than mine, if I do say so myself...

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

wa27 posted:

I thought that as well but a quick Google shows some studies linking autism with diabetes. There's probably a few other answers you could find that would work as well.
All that I could find was ones suggesting a possible link, nothing confirmed.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

GhostStalker posted:

Nice, something to look forward to in a couple of weeks.

Your picture with Trebek looks a lot better than mine, if I do say so myself...

He knew I live in Ottawa. I told him I saw his face plastered all over town. He responded, and I quote "I'm very sorry to hear that."

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

mennoknight posted:

He knew I live in Ottawa. I told him I saw his face plastered all over town. He responded, and I quote "I'm very sorry to hear that."

Nice. Was that in your contestant interview, or in the post game chat? Did that have something to do with the thing where he was in the audience gallery of the Canadian Parliament a couple months back?