Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The worst part is that even after all that, the next actual episode is just a pointless plot dump on elements that were basically abandoned. If I remember right. Also, this is when their budget starts...stretching... Just look at yesterday's "fight", that kinda turned into a weird blur of colours halfway through before someone found some money to inject into the last 7 minutes or so.

Still prefer it over the organ destroying poo poo that is SAO. Holy crap I don't get how people look forward to that short of hearing the VAs say dumb poo poo. And even then I just sorta pity them rather than appreciate their performance.

HGH fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Kirito is so cool though

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

HGH posted:

The worst part is that even after all that, the next actual episode is just a pointless plot dump on elements that were basically abandoned. If I remember right.

:unsmigghh:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I am... very concerned about the content of the next episode, considering the thing I accidentally spoiled for myself several weeks ago by typing "Satsuki" and nothing else into a Google search bar.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Don't worry, the situation will be handled perfectly fine by Toonami.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

HGH posted:

Don't worry, the situation will be handled perfectly fine by Toonami.

there's some kind of scheme, some conspiracy, behind all these damned hand comments you people keep making, and neither Hell nor high water is going to stop me from getting to the bottom of it all

eventually

in some manner that involves a minimum expenditure of effort

maybe

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Argus Zant posted:

there's some kind of scheme, some conspiracy, behind all these damned hand comments you people keep making, and neither Hell nor high water is going to stop me from getting to the bottom of it all

eventually

maybe

Gotta hand to you, you'll find out eventually.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Argus Zant posted:

eventually

maybe

would you say that you can't quite put your finger on it?

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Gotta hand to you, you'll find out eventually.

Hace posted:

would you say that you can't quite put your finger on it?

*scribbles furiously onto Giant Conspiracy Map Whiteboard while shampooing hair*

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When are they gonna let me watch Eva 3.33

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Hace posted:

would you say that you can't quite put your finger in it?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Please don't ruin this.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
are you putting your fist down

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

should have challenged Mike Tyson

could've gotten us a sweetass China, IL/MT Mysteries crossover

e: did Steve just drop a drat Grease reference or am i out of my goddamn mind

Argus Zant fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 18, 2015

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

This is pretty much what boxing is like

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"Since everyone's been so good, Kill la Kill marathon."

That's not how it works, TOM.

That's the opposite.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The viewer ratings highly disagree.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I know. Marathons just suck, though. Like I get it, but man.

At least I get to go to bed early for work on Sunday.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh yeah, marathons are a pretty sucky reward. Doubly so in this case since there isn't much to rewatch.
You'd want a movie instead or something I feel. What kinda movies did Toonami used to air?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Caligula

EDIT: Also Summer Wars

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

HGH posted:

What kinda movies did Toonami used to air?

- Evangelion 1.11: You Are (Not) Alone (I think it was Memorial Day Weekend 2013/December Movie Month 2014)
    - Evangelion 2.22: You Can (Not) Advance (I wanna say Labor Day Weekend 2013/DMM '14)
    - Akira (DMM '13/'14)
    - Summer Wars (DMM '13/'14)
    - Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa (DMM '13)
    - Trigun: Badlands Rumble (DMM '13)
    - Dragonball Z: Cooler's Revenge (Memorial Day Weekend 2014/Daylight Savings Time 2014)
    - Fullmetal Alchemist: Sacred Star of Milos (DMM '14)
    - Dragonball Z: Legend of Broly (DMM '14)

they kinda had to re-use stuff for Movie Month 2014, and that hurt the ratings

which has resulted in them saying that they're probably not gonna do another Movie Month again this year, possibly not even ever

and considering this is the second holiday weekend in a row that they've gone with marathons instead of movies, i don't see them using those for movie slots anytime soon either

it kinda sucks

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

It really is kind of a shame that a dumb loving move that anyone with common sense knew was gonna draw poor ratings might lead to them just flatout not doing a movie month again.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Oh Snapple! posted:

It really is kind of a shame that a dumb loving move that anyone with common sense knew was gonna draw poor ratings might lead to them just flatout not doing a movie month again.

I bet Broly would have drawn in a ton of people if they poorly edited Kirito in there and had him win.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Broly's power is maximum, sorry.

I heard that Vic hates when a new DBZ game comes out, because it usually means he has to record Broly, and he hates doing Broly because it wrecks his throat.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Waffleman_ posted:

I heard that Vic hates when a new DBZ game comes out, because it usually means he has to record Broly, and he hates doing Broly because it wrecks his throat.

At least Xenoverse didn't use him too much (for his sake and the fans).

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

I've heard that too, but I don't feel bad for him because I've also heard that the man is a massive rear end in a top hat.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

There is speculation that the movie month sucked because they spent their movie budget paying for the last two episodes of Hellsing Ultimate after Funimation screwed them.

Also apparently an Attack on Titan game came out this week on 3DS.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's a bad game.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Maleketh posted:

I've heard that too, but I don't feel bad for him because I've also heard that the man is a massive rear end in a top hat.

Vic mignogna? What sorts of things did you hear?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

HGH posted:

It's a bad game.

much like the source material

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

Last New Year's Eve I went to a party, and one of the attendees was a former Funimation employee. He had some interesting stories to tell, but the one that stood out most was about a fan who, at a con, gave Vic a handmade quilt depicting his various roles. Creepy? Maybe. But it sure as hell must have taken a lot of work. Afterward, Mignogna made some dismissive statement about it and left it lying around. Didn't even bother to dispose of it.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

From my recollection he constantly loving pervs on girls who may or may not still be in high school.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I've heard he's also one of those annoying Bible-pusher guys.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Waffleman_ posted:

I've heard he's also one of those annoying Bible-pusher guys.

He's Baptist, and supposedly he's one of those that doesn't like to use curse-words or something.

Maleketh posted:

Last New Year's Eve I went to a party, and one of the attendees was a former Funimation employee. He had some interesting stories to tell, but the one that stood out most was about a fan who, at a con, gave Vic a handmade quilt depicting his various roles. Creepy? Maybe. But it sure as hell must have taken a lot of work. Afterward, Mignogna made some dismissive statement about it and left it lying around. Didn't even bother to dispose of it.

Do you remember any more of these, by chance?

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 21, 2015

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

But can Broly dual wield?

HGH posted:

It's a bad game.

Whew, glad I dodged that bullet. I saw it in the E-store and almost bought it because the trailer looked kinda neat.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Do you remember any more of these, by chance?

Unfortunately no. I could try and ask the guy, but he was a friend of a friend, and to hear him talk about it, his time at Funimation is something he'd rather forget.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The 2016 GOP field must be big fans of China, IL.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Akira on Toonami is how I first watched Akira, so I'm really grateful they did that. Pretty great.

I'm excited for the Kill la Kill marathon, if only because it means Kill la Kill is getting ratings that justify it. I was really excited for KLK to become a popular show here in the west.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Are any other VA's assholes? I'm a terrible person who likes reading about that kind of stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

WickedHate posted:

Akira on Toonami is how I first watched Akira, so I'm really grateful they did that. Pretty great.

I'm excited for the Kill la Kill marathon, if only because it means Kill la Kill is getting ratings that justify it. I was really excited for KLK to become a popular show here in the west.

Well, that was fast.

• Locked thread