Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I.N.R.I posted:

Are there any more babes in the EO series that have big tits and look like the quest giver from EO4 instead of the children you have to play as?

There's one of the female Dancers and both female Bushi, I suppose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

BattleMaster posted:

Only EO3 has grown women in the portrait selection. Not many little girls either. It's almost like Himukai skipped the game entirely!!

I got into the series with 4 and I asked a friend who had already played it if I missed a story about it supposed to be about a bunch of highschoolers falling into a portal to a fantasy world or something.

So *that's* where the idea for Persona Q came from...

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

So I found out that the medic healing skills aren't very good on a landy cause of the low tec... at least not at the point of the game I'm in. I dunno if the skill you get after 40 makes it much better.

I'll probably either just spam the mace skills or figure out what else she can do from the back row. Leg binds squall volley works well so far for my other back row landy.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
L/M sounds kind of rough, honestly. Unless you're dual wielding you're going to be limited to either the Land sword/rapier skills or the Medic mace skills, and there are much better subclasses for dual wielding (Nightseeker, Bushi). Plus like you said the Land's TEC stat is pretty god-awful.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
Yeah, in a typical party L/M is pretty much a purpose-built Star Drop machine that can maybe cure ailments or revive PCs in a pinch. You wouldn't normally rely on one as a main healer, but I guess in a 5-landsknecht party you're kinda short on good options for that.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Even with Heal Mastery it's not gonna be too great. Star Drop is still extremely good though, and Auto-Revive is still worth grabbing (Auto-Heal a bit less so).

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

can you tell what my least favorite floor is

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Hivac posted:

:barf: There's so many undrawn walls and tiles and why would you do this!? :barf:

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Hivac posted:

i am disgusted by this

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah for some reason, the female portraits in EO4 have a disproportionate amount of little girls in them. The other games are better about having adult female portraits.

I still want my angry grandma series.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Hivac posted:

Please tell me you didn't draw a wall above the stairs.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I have no shame whatsoever

Txn posted:

Please tell me you didn't draw a wall above the stairs.

:dealwithit:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

:barf: warn the thread before posting such disgusting filth you butt

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
It seems like you're a lot better at EO games than me, but looking at those maps is acting like an aspergers simulator. I need to sit down and look at some trains or something until i feel better

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
this is some next level horrifying goin' on in here, drat.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Hivac posted:

wow

gently caress you

no seriously, gently caress you

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Me too man. :-)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Why Hivac?

Why would you do this?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

theshim posted:

wow

gently caress you

no seriously, gently caress you

It's hard after a good 266+ hours and about 5+ playthroughs to bring myself to draw it all. I went back and finished it though

Also, if any of yall played the best etrian game you would know how to properly draw walls around stairs

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I like how the team is just two guys named "dealwith" and "it"

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Hivac posted:

It's hard after a good 266+ hours and about 5+ playthroughs to bring myself to draw it all. I went back and finished it though

Also, if any of yall played the best etrian game you would know how to properly draw walls around stairs

And here is my rebuttal.

:colbert:

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

Hivac posted:

:eyepop:

idgi

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Initial stair placement from your given map

EO3 and EOU do it the other way but who cares my mental instability demands it my way

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Etrian Odyssey Megathread II: Trigger warning - bad maps

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm going to complain about this on my Tumblr.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
i'm tweeting very hard about this right now; this wanton bad mapping must be stopped

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

If you think that's bad my b12 is a thousand times less complete than any of those.

Once I got out of s3 I never went back. My s4 maps are complete and proper though :colbert:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

:stonklol:

theshim
May 1, 2012

PSA: FIVE HEXERS IS DUMB. YOU'RE DUMB. YOU'RE ALL DUMB.

:smith:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I kinda want to send you a QR to help, but EOU QR Grimoires are really fickle about giving good things. :(

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

theshim posted:

It could be worse.

You could be doing five farmers in eo3

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm running an Arbalist/Shogun for Warrior Might. Will it proc off the Arbalist's own Cloudbuster?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I'm pretty sure I've seen it do that

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

theshim posted:

You did this to yourself. I take no responsibility. :colbert:

Strange Quark posted:

I'm running an Arbalist/Shogun for Warrior Might. Will it proc off the Arbalist's own Cloudbuster?

Yes it will.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Cool, guess I have something to shoot for again.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Hivac posted:

Initial stair placement from your given map

EO3 and EOU do it the other way but who cares my mental instability demands it my way

Im playing eou between other games and finally reach the third stratum where i got distracted and stopped in the original. I am compelled to color the floor tiles of the stratum map blue,autocomplete be damned.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Tengames posted:

Im playing eou between other games and finally reach the third stratum where i got distracted and stopped in the original. I am compelled to color the floor tiles of the stratum map blue,autocomplete be damned.

But what will you colour the water?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

How am I supposed to resist fighting a shiny FOE even when I can barely beat the regular version of it? I know I'm going to lose half an hour of progress for no reason, but it's sparkly for god's sake.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Sparkly sheep are the best ones to fight.

Just make sure you have sleep resistance, or it'll kill you fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Shim stop before you have an aneurysm.

• Locked thread