Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Those Valkyir look great - do you know UK shipping costs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

I think the Valkir legs may be larger than the Space Marine torsos, honestly. Though they might be able to be reduced in size by removing the tabards(because the kit comes with tabard and non-tabard bits for your convenience!!!!!)

Also a reminder that these are the preview pics for the next line of DF models coming out, the Shadokesh, a hybrid of Eldar/Necro/Tyranid design and ridiculously badass looking

Warframe: The Modeling. loving badass, but these have been "coming soon" for a long time if I remember.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 09:07 on May 22, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That's nothing since the kickstarted minis took like 3 years to finally get to backers. :v:

I want to say it's still just Mark running the whole show still, so it's a bit slow, but eventually good things come to those who wait.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Dark Sphere sell those Valykir, might pick up a set.

Also JackMack, your gift of the Mace Marine has not been forgotten... I'm just going to hold off until the new Codex drops to see how they've fiddled with Honour Guard. Wouldn't want to convert up an entire squad to discover they can't take bloody maces any more...

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Ghost Hand posted:

No I don't buy every single Warhammer model.

And I still don't agree. I'm not saying they don't look good. They do. But they do not have the level of detail that GW is putting into their new models. My Podcast partner bought several of them and I had an opportunity to look and compare. Again, good, but not as detailed. Not even as much as the Space Wolves re-release which came out years ago.

Not with you on this one. They've very detailed. They don't have the overly ornamented style of modern gw releases which I dislike. I don't like them, but to say they're not at the level of GW's models is false.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Aaaaw yiiiis, my kataphron arrived ahead of schedule. Time to mechanicus is up.

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

Lord Twisted posted:

Those Valkyir look great - do you know UK shipping costs?

I got my Leviathans from Wayland. It takes a while but it's cheaper than getting it from the US.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Element Games also have a bunch of Dreamforge stuff - http://elementgames.co.uk/wargames-and-miniatures/sci-fi-miniatures-games/dreamforge-games

I wouldn't use Wayland, they constantly lie about stock levels, take ages to dispatch orders and don't bother contacting you if something goes wrong with the order, meaning you have to keep chasing them.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
GW isnt all that bad. Our club were trying to source 3 plasma obliterators, turns out they were so far out in the world that shipping would be 80£, which made it impossible for the local GW to procure them. HQ got whiff that the largest wargaming club in denmark were looking for them and then intervened and had them shipped to us regardless. :smug:

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Zark the Damned posted:

Element Games also have a bunch of Dreamforge stuff - http://elementgames.co.uk/wargames-and-miniatures/sci-fi-miniatures-games/dreamforge-games

I wouldn't use Wayland, they constantly lie about stock levels, take ages to dispatch orders and don't bother contacting you if something goes wrong with the order, meaning you have to keep chasing them.

Element Games are baller: I've gotten all my orders next-day as long as I ordered before 3PM.

LabiaBadgerTickler
Feb 12, 2014

by Ralp

DJ Dizzy posted:

GW isnt all that bad. Our club were trying to source 3 plasma obliterators, turns out they were so far out in the world that shipping would be 80£, which made it impossible for the local GW to procure them. HQ got whiff that the largest wargaming club in denmark were looking for them and then intervened and had them shipped to us regardless. :smug:

When was that?

93?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

LabiaBadgerTickler posted:

When was that?

93?

Be fair. Games Workshop offers pretty outstanding customer service, even today.

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.

LabiaBadgerTickler posted:

When was that?

93?

There is no need for this attitude. It doesn't help anyone. It's unhelpful and keeps people from buying more codexes.

It was 97 If you must know.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

overthefalls posted:

Not enough Khorne talk.

Still need to clean up the black and more highlights, and I am still debating how to base them, but I'm really starting to like this paint scheme. The Wrath. :axe:

These are awesome and shouldn't be left behind without comment. Good Job!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Jesus, even with the 30%/40% discounts, it's still more expensive to ship the DF stuff from the US to the UK than those prices? Bananas. It's $126 for the Mortis there(after conversion), while it's $66 from the US Dreamforge store.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Yeah, US to UK shipping rates are absurd.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

I reiterate - Dark Sphere have all the dream forge range and do UK postage. Just looked at the boxes while getting a crusade case. Will review crusade case later

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Holy poo poo - why is the Tech Priest Dominus $58? :psyboom:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Zark the Damned posted:

Yeah, US to UK shipping rates are absurd.

And the US to Scandinavia ones aren't much better as I've mentioned before.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Batrep from quick 750 pt match after work last night: oh god dammit night fighting

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

berzerkmonkey posted:

Holy poo poo - why is the Tech Priest Dominus $58? :psyboom:

That can't possibly be right.

Edit: if it's actually $58 USD, it probably comes with a squad of electro-priests. Three of the new tracked servitors are $58. The jetbike farseer is $33.

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 14:57 on May 22, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Cooked Auto posted:

And the US to Scandinavia ones aren't much better as I've mentioned before.

US to everywhere is hosed, because the US congress is trying to bankrupt the US Postal Service so that they can sell it to the already higher priced courier companies and let them charge even more for less service, unimpeded, because free market libertarian bullshit

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

NTRabbit posted:

US to everywhere is hosed, because the US congress is trying to bankrupt the US Postal Service so that they can sell it to the already higher priced courier companies and let them charge even more for less service, unimpeded, because free market libertarian bullshit

We've just done that in the UK, sold off Royal Mail at nothing like its true value for no real reason other than "yay capitalism".

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Sulecrist posted:

Edit: if it's actually $58 USD, it probably comes with a squad of electro-priests. Three of the new tracked servitors are $58. The jetbike farseer is $33.

Yeah, it might be a typo - I get an email blast from one of the discount retailers, and they have it listed at $58. Looking at the other prices and discounts though, it looks like that should probably be $36-38. Still crazy for one guy though.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

berzerkmonkey posted:

Yeah, it might be a typo - I get an email blast from one of the discount retailers, and they have it listed at $58. Looking at the other prices and discounts though, it looks like that should probably be $36-38. Still crazy for one guy though.

I'm guessing $28, which is still too much but would be in line with the rest of their overpriced clampack character models (almost all of which are $26-30).

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

NTRabbit posted:

Well, yes and no. Congress forces the USPS to fund retiree accounts like 100 years into the future (no company on earth does that) so they can raid those funds for other projects.

Also, USPS is often considered a government agency, but it isn't, even though it has to report to the feds for anything it needs to do. So it doesn't receive and federal money and is expected to turn a profit (like a business) but is controlled by the government (who wouldn't know how to operate a lemonade stand, let alone a multi-billion dollar industry.) As an example, the USPS wasn't allowed to raise rates to keep up with inflation in 2011 - the government told them that the reason they were going to lose money wasn't because of the cost of living going up, it was because USPS was mismanaged.

So the government doesn't want to allow it to be taken over by a private service, they just want an unending flow of cash from a business that they can control.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Sulecrist posted:

It's probably set to Australia/New Zealand since preorders are based by time now, and that's a whole different can of worms with everything seeming to be more expensive there

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ijyt posted:

Does anyone make some decent Tallarn stand ins? Itching for a project now that my Minotaurs are winding down.

In that case, what's a nice list for a 1500-2000pt Ork vehicle list? I may or may not just have seen Fury Road.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Lovely. :v:
At least UK to Sweden is kinda nice in terms of prices.
Pity that it still doesn't make it worth buying some of the DF stuff though. Especially when Element is also behind a bit on their releases.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I was surpsied when UK to Europe was only £12.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Modelling-Supplies

20ml for about $5.81 per bottle. A bottle of Tamiya Clear <whatever color> goes for about $2.50 for 23ml.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hope you didn't think for even a second that the forgeworld paints wouldn't be insultingly expensive

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Tamiya aren't bad - but the detail isn't as sharp imho.

Ted Theodore Logan
May 10, 2007
If we hit that bull’s-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.
I have a few questions about formations and how they work when building an army. I have the new eldar codex and it is the first 7th ed codex I have bothered to get (have not really played a game of 40k in about 2 years). From reading the codex chart it says that to play the aspect host or seer council I must have at least picked one of the guardian hosts first. Now if I have picked the windrider host and the seer council does that mean I combine the two together so I just add another farseer to it and the original farseer and warlocks from the windrider host become the seer council or would I end up with 3 farseers and 2 warlock conclaves? Is there any way to make a list so I do not have to play a 500 point tax to just get some other special rules? I love playing with aspect warriors but I hate vypers and each guardian hosts need at least 1.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I hope you didn't think for even a second that the forgeworld paints wouldn't be insultingly expensive

Not even a nanosecond.

spacegoat posted:

Tamiya aren't bad - but the detail isn't as sharp imho.

The FW team have been using Tamiya Clear paints through an airbrush for years, and in my own experience I've never noticed any loss of detail when I do use them.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Slimnoid posted:

The FW team have been using Tamiya Clear paints through an airbrush for years, and in my own experience I've never noticed any loss of detail when I do use them.

You fell for it :shobon:

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

You fell for it :shobon:

God dammit.

Edit: Also, Purgation Squads. They worth their points?

Slimnoid fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 22, 2015

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Slimnoid posted:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Modelling-Supplies

20ml for about $5.81 per bottle. A bottle of Tamiya Clear <whatever color> goes for about $2.50 for 23ml.

I wonder if they're repackaged P3 or Tamiya paints?

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Appears to be very similar bottles to P3 paints, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

BULBASAUR posted:

I wonder if they're repackaged P3 or Tamiya paints?

Since they're marketed as airbrush paints, probably not either. They're going to be pre-thinned for airbrush use, so you can't just slap a label on the pot. With the pot design, maybe they went back to Cote d' Arms?

• Locked thread