Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
Any uses for the phylactery from the Whoreson Junior quest? Triss had nothing to say about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Kopijeger posted:

Any uses for the phylactery from the Whoreson Junior quest? Triss had nothing to say about it.

Vital plot thing. Just hold onto it.

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

I love forest of rain.Foevar...

Orv posted:

That play is something else.

I kind of hate you because you're just a smidge ahead of me in various quests and goddamn it I got poo poo to do and sleep to sleep! Okay back to video games, I can sleep when I'm contracted to dream the history of various buildings.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

AwwJeah posted:

Cool so I died for the first time and when I tried to load my save the game froze. No big deal I'll just reset my console. Load up the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt again and...get stuck perpetually at the "please wait..." part of the title screen. Great.

loving Xbox One, man....

This has happened to me three times now. The first time I even reinstalled and it didn't help. Turns out, this game totally eats the Bone's cache, especially if you leave it running in suspend. To fix, turn the console entirely off, unplug it from the power brick, and try to power it on 2 or 3 times. Then plug it back in and start up again. Seems to be somewhat avoidable by closing the game entirely before putting the console in standby.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

david... posted:

I did a bunch of googling but are there any changes to make to the ini to stop the bad pop-in I get, people and enemies appear feet in front of me sometimes and in cutscenes whenever it cuts to Geralt his beard is missing for a few seconds and then it fades in, same with other characters hair, not using the hair effect stuff either, I'm well above the specs and I'm running it at a solid 60fps on ultra, it's really starting to take its toll on 'my immersion'

Just happened again where Geralt put his hand out to show something to somebody and the item took a solid few seconds to appear before being beamed in slowly from the Enterprise or something.

Are you running Ultra Textures? Might want to reconsider that. If it isn't a VRAM issue, it's probably just a texture streaming issue loading data from your hard drive.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Psiharis posted:

I kind of hate you because you're just a smidge ahead of me in various quests and goddamn it I got poo poo to do and sleep to sleep! Okay back to video games, I can sleep when I'm contracted to dream the history of various buildings.

I have to make up for the last couple weeks before release where I couldn't bring myself to play video games at all. I always suffer from that before big releases and it suuuuucks.

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
I decided to go back to White Orchid to get all the Undiscovered things I passed up before, got them all.. but now I'm trying to do the Viper School Treasure Hunt quest and it's telling me to go to the White Orchid Cemetery. Quest marker points me in the small building but when I go in there the steel door is closed and I don't have a prompt to open the door.

Is it bugged, or am I missing something?

Orv
May 4, 2011

g-c posted:

I decided to go back to White Orchid to get all the Undiscovered things I passed up before, got them all.. but now I'm trying to do the Viper School Treasure Hunt quest and it's telling me to go to the White Orchid Cemetery. Quest marker points me in the small building but when I go in there the steel door is closed and I don't have a prompt to open the door.

Is it bugged, or am I missing something?

That door is bugged.

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese

Orv posted:

That door is bugged.

Well that...

that sucks.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Anyone want to give a short rundown on the Witcher schools?

Cat and Viper are Assassin poo poo-heads apparently. What are Griffin, Bear, and Wolf known for?

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Orv posted:

Yrden, dodge her swoops.

So there's an elf merchant Person(s) in Distress point to the east of Crossroads, one of the few points of interests south east of Oxenfurt. Except when you rescue him, he says "If you'd even think to help an elf in times like these vatt'ghern, come to the camp at ________ and I'll reward you". Where ________ is supposed to be the name of the place, except the audio track just cuts out for a second when he says it. :cripes:

another thing is use the moondust bombs

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Orv posted:

Everything north of Novigrad is loving terrible, don't go there.

I thought it was pretty, and the music is nice. :confused:

EDIT: I'm kind of dreading the game being over at this point, as nothing else I have right now can compare to this.

Verranicus fucked around with this message at 03:51 on May 23, 2015

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
Gamespot released Witcher Sign video guide that shows the various sign perks in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jQcuiXpjcA

Signs are just too much fun to ignore in my playthrough.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Verranicus posted:

I thought it was pretty, and the music is nice. :confused:

I mean yes, visually and aurally it's quite nice. But the packs of Endrega warriors and the packs of arachna are less pleasant.

Dandywalken posted:

Anyone want to give a short rundown on the Witcher schools?

Cat and Viper are Assassin poo poo-heads apparently. What are Griffin, Bear, and Wolf known for?

Aside from Wolf the other schools get minor off-hand mentions in the books, and a couple are games only. Viper and Griffin I believe.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Did the camera just pan to two rabbits having sex for no reason whatsoever in the Keira introduction?

Also, as much as it shames me to even ask, I thought these games are all sexed out and I havent seen any sex yet; and I'm like 8 hours in. Besides the rabbits I guess. am I doing something wrong?

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
Are endrega warriors that bad? They let you strong attack them three times for every one of their attacks and their leap is as telegraphed as a bear charge. I'd rather fight three warriors than six workers.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Madcosby posted:

Did the camera just pan to two rabbits having sex for no reason whatsoever in the Keira introduction?

Also, as much as it shames me to even ask, I thought these games are all sexed out and I havent seen any sex yet; and I'm like 8 hours in. Besides the rabbits I guess. am I doing something wrong?

Nope, you're on target, another 2 or 3 hours more.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Also, how important are repairs? It's more of an annoyance than anything else in this game; I'll be halfway on a mission when I need a repair

And should I be dismantling everything or selling stuff

also what should I be on the lookout when buying stuff? Is there stuff I actually want to buy?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yrden turret is really useful for flying monsters.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Madcosby posted:

Also, how important are repairs? It's more of an annoyance than anything else in this game; I'll be halfway on a mission when I need a repair

And should I be dismantling everything or selling stuff

also what should I be on the lookout when buying stuff? Is there stuff I actually want to buy?

Pretty important, if your weapon breaks, you'll be dealing the least damage possible.

Dismantle if it gets you items that sell for more than the base item or you need cheap reagents for crafting.

Recipes and diagrams are my top buys when it comes to buying stuff.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
"Cunny of the Goose", what a charming place.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Hammerstein posted:

My gaming days go back to the days of Pool of Radiance on the C-64 and in the recent years I have not been captivated by any rpg except for Dragon Age Origins. Fallout and Baldurs Gate (1+2 each) were also great, but considering that they were released somewhere around 1999-2000 they also belong to ancient history already.

This is the first time in ages that an rpg game really captivates me again. It's like Skyrim, but with interesting characters (which Skyrim in my opinion lacked) and an incredible story so far.

Thanks for the input. Your taste seems pretty similar to mine so that's a pretty encouraging opinion of the game.

Mr. Soul
Nov 5, 2011
So far this is red dead redemption 3: Swords and monsters. It is very good.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Game crashes a lot whenever I'm in certain areas. Did so in the baths in Novigrad, and now I'm some holy garden of Freya on the Skellige Islands and it's done it like three times in a row now. Game freezes, goes to black, and then finishes off with a CTD. Anyone know of a fix?

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Oh god if you guys go to find the griffin armor upgrade there is a hilarious encounter with a troll easily on par with the encounters in witcher 2

Hero just wants to defend Redenia, just can't get it right...

Orv
May 4, 2011
I love the look and the sound of Skellige. Music is particularly good. I'm not thrilled with the handling of Geralt vis a vis Skellige customs however. Drifter/tough guy who's in good with the local semi-primitives/outcasts because he also is one is done to death. Otherwise the best part of the game so far.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Is there a trick to this werewolf in Wild at Heart or do I just need to get a better sword?

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Orv posted:

I'm not thrilled with the handling of Geralt vis a vis Skellige customs however. Drifter/tough guy who's in good with the local semi-primitives/outcasts because he also is one is done to death.

Game recognize game :colbert:

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
Something tells a bugged imprisoned merchant north of the hanged mans tree cause I can't find the key anywhere.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I'm really disappointed with the quest "A Deadly Plot." It was cool to see Thaler again, but it just ends there. The game teases you with a cool sounding mission to kill Radovid but instead it amounts to nothing.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

turtlecrunch posted:

Is there a trick to this werewolf in Wild at Heart or do I just need to get a better sword?

When he tries to initiate his regeneration deal loving hammer his rear end relentlessly until he's dead.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
I went through the keybindings on PC and never saw this at all but it's helped greatly in controlling geralt with keyboard and mouse, if you press CTRL it will toggle walking making it super easy to loot everything all the time by mashing E. I'm in walk mode 24/7 now only using sprint when I want to go faster and it has improved the game 100% since Geralt isn't trying to run at full speed all the time.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Gobblecoque posted:

I'm really disappointed with the quest "A Deadly Plot." It was cool to see Thaler again, but it just ends there. The game teases you with a cool sounding mission to kill Radovid but instead it amounts to nothing.

Something tells me it's gonna come into play later on.

Also, if you want to see Thaler again, he moves to a tavern just east of Novigrad.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Help, I have the Gwent theme stuck in my head. It's just so loving good.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I just finished all the Baron stuff with the exception of the secondary quest to return to the Bog (such great writing with that by the way. A really good example of something not being black and white). And was immediately given a quest to head to Skellige. Except... it says "suggested level: 16" (I'm level 7). Are you expected to just do a bunch of the side quest stuff before continuing on with the main story? I'm not a big fan of that if so, I like to stick to story stuff as much as I can.

Also I really hope something comes of me freeing the gross tree ghost. Something didn't feel right about just straight up killing him, and afterwards I was somewhat proven right the (SUPER gross) witches gave me their story of Ciri and stuff. But I kept expecting ghost tree ghost horse to come through at some point and rescue the children and stuff but that didn't happen, and the town that was scared of the tree ghost was still fine afterwards. Does that come back around at some point?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Gobblecoque posted:

Broken Cog posted:

Something tells me it's gonna come into play later on.

Also, if you want to see Thaler again, he moves to a tavern just east of Novigrad.

I consulted the dark augurs (guide) because I too was not happy with the resolution there; it'll turn up later, just keep playing.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Macaluso posted:

I just finished all the Baron stuff with the exception of the secondary quest to return to the Bog (such great writing with that by the way. A really good example of something not being black and white). And was immediately given a quest to head to Skellige. Except... it says "suggested level: 16" (I'm level 7). Are you expected to just do a bunch of the side quest stuff before continuing on with the main story? I'm not a big fan of that if so, I like to stick to story stuff as much as I can.

(Double post but gently caress giant quote walls)

It auto sets your current quest as Destination: Skellige whenever you finish something for some insane reason. You still need to go do the whole six or seven hours of story stuff in Novigrad. That'll get you in range to do Skellige.

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

Macaluso posted:

Also I really hope something comes of me freeing the gross tree ghost. Something didn't feel right about just straight up killing him, and afterwards I was somewhat proven right the (SUPER gross) witches gave me their story of Ciri and stuff. But I kept expecting ghost tree ghost horse to come through at some point and rescue the children and stuff but that didn't happen, and the town that was scared of the tree ghost was still fine afterwards. Does that come back around at some point?

It does, the consequences of that quest becomes apparent when you speak to the baron and he tells you to meet him in lindvale or whatever that town north of the bog is called

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Aha, didn't realize there were other story quests and assumed everything else was just extra content. Thanks for the answers on those two things!

Oh also, Johnny :3: and Uma... I guess??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Ahaha look at the Halflings run. That little waddle!! :neckbeard:

And they're rather nice asses...

I'm also carrying so much booze now that if some creature hits me with fire, Geralt is going to explode.