Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

bowmore posted:

Tigers weren't even trying to win at the end there, i'd be filthy if I was a Tiger supporter

No need for insults at a time like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
It's a fair call, they should have been chucking the ball around instead of hitting it up.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

At least we got to see Marty Tapau channelling his inner Sandow.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Jono C posted:

It's a fair call, they should have been chucking the ball around instead of hitting it up.

It was a joke about the hygiene of Wests fans.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Trip report: I attended my first-ever rugby league game last night, seeing the Leeds Rhinos take down Hull KR last night at Headingley.

Stickyfngrdboy and his lovely wife were kind enough to pick me and my fiancée up from our hotel and return us at the end of the night. In between we had an amazing evening and I have to say that the atmosphere at the match was both rowdier and friendlier than the rugby union game we saw two weeks ago.

Really wish I could go to these things as a regular occurrence! Very jealous of y'all who get to have pies and beer at the stadium with mates, it sure beats watching at home on replay. Now to catch up on Origin before I get any spoilers...

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gonna be a long day in Canberra

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Didn't think they'd start the game if one if the teams didn't turn up...

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

bowmore posted:

gonna be a long day in Canberra

Dirty Frank posted:

Didn't think they'd start the game if one if the teams didn't turn up...

Half-time score being a glimpse into the soul of rugby league

Who the heck is that on channel nine play by play commentary? Keeps calling it a 'ball game'

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Jeez I'd love to own a door replacement business in Canberra today

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
The raiders tend to have this period in a game where they forget how to tackle and hold the ball. Normally its the start of the second half. Hopefully today they were just having it early.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Go Canberra!

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Listened to the cowboys/tigers game on the abc, and they were saying repeatedly bewteen calls 'what a bad boring game of football' and 'wtf tigers'

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

BCR posted:

Listened to the cowboys/tigers game on the abc, and they were saying repeatedly bewteen calls 'what a bad boring game of football' and 'wtf tigers'

They were right. For a long time it looked like it was going to finish 2-0 and that was the sort of game it was.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Blake Austin is probably my favourite player this year

Unless of course Kevin naqaima's high top counts as a player, in which case Austin plays second fiddle

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Yup, a totally different experience now with the Raiders/Doggies.

C'mon Raiders! 1min30 left

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

How the gently caress did he get that?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

gently caress off Reynolds. Also are we sure that went over?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Lol

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

Pillbug
Well can't exactly say the raiders deserved to win that after that first 20 minutes but that has to hurt

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ouch

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Ouch

Tough to lose that one but we are only a pretend good team until we sort out those moments where we just give up 30 points in ten minutes.

We have an attack that can do plenty but just crazy moments cost us.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

At least you guys can score points. With our current tactics it might be a long time until I get to see us do the same.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Also Stuart seems to be pretty keen in chasing another prop and moving Shillington on and I feel like Shillington has never been accepted by the Raiders fanbase but I think he is a really good player and I don't understand what they want from him. I will feel sad if Stuart gets rid of him.

He was our best player just about today and should be starting because FPN is a lazy poo poo.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Also Stuart seems to be pretty keen in chasing another prop and moving Shillington on and I feel like Shillington has never been accepted by the Raiders fanbase but I think he is a really good player and I don't understand what they want from him. I will feel sad if Stuart gets rid of him.

He was our best player just about today and should be starting because FPN is a lazy poo poo.

Wed take him in a heartbeat, he's a player I've always rated. At this stage we need a couple more experienced players in key positions since our kids have a lot of potential but will take time to get there

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Apollodorus posted:

Trip report: I attended my first-ever rugby league game last night, seeing the Leeds Rhinos take down Hull KR last night at Headingley.

Stickyfngrdboy and his lovely wife were kind enough to pick me and my fiancée up from our hotel and return us at the end of the night. In between we had an amazing evening and I have to say that the atmosphere at the match was both rowdier and friendlier than the rugby union game we saw two weeks ago.

Really wish I could go to these things as a regular occurrence! Very jealous of y'all who get to have pies and beer at the stadium with mates, it sure beats watching at home on replay. Now to catch up on Origin before I get any spoilers...

You're good people, we're dead glad you enjoyed it

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Apollodorus posted:

What part of the world are you in? The NRL usually streams Origin to anywhere that doesn't have a broadcast deal.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
The final game of the ridiculously named Summer Bash (the Kingstone Press Championship's version of Magic Weekend, where all clubs play each other in one stadium over a period of two days) has been the dirtiest, most horrible game I've ever seen.

One red card that could easily have been more, three sin bins, at one point it was 11 v 11. Also, Gareth hock is (still) a massive penis.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Jono C posted:

What part of the world are you in? The NRL usually streams Origin to anywhere that doesn't have a broadcast deal.

North Carolina, USA. It's more of a time difference issue than anything else, I can't really stay awake at 3 in the morning and I keep drifting in and out of the games when I try to watch live. But hey, it's not like the papers here are going to spoil the result for me :v:

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

stickyfngrdboy posted:

The final game of the ridiculously named Summer Bash (the Kingstone Press Championship's version of Magic Weekend, where all clubs play each other in one stadium over a period of two days) has been the dirtiest, most horrible game I've ever seen.

One red card that could easily have been more, three sin bins, at one point it was 11 v 11. Also, Gareth hock is (still) a massive penis.

Maybe, but he's our penis now, so I'm obliged to grin at his arsehole-ness! It's looking more and more like Leigh are setting up for the Super League now, just hope we don't get mauled in the 8s and all this season's been for naught...

Apollodorus posted:

Nice to see more English RL fans in here, glad you had fun!

Edit: I saw you were American, meant more fans of English RL rather than English RL fans lol. Still, Canada are going to have a team in Champ 2 next year, so maybe you guys will have one soon too?

ForeverBWFC fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 25, 2015

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

ForeverBWFC posted:

Still, Canada are going to have a team in Champ 2 next year, so maybe you guys will have one soon too?

Is that actually happening?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I rather enjoy the English game, however time differences do make it hard watching from down under. Also the fact that only two matches a week seemed to be covered makes really following a team hard from afar.

Whereas I can watch the Wests Tigers drool their way to oblivion in glorious HD, week in, week out.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Hahahaha what a bullshit try for the knights. Video ref completely blind tonight.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

Hahahaha what a bullshit try for the knights. Video ref completely blind tonight.
makes up for the first Broncs try where one of our defenders was tripped

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

makes up for the first Broncs try where one of our defenders was tripped

I totally agree, no idea how the ref didn't at least have a look at that. My only theory is that he saw it and assumed he wouldn't have made up the distance to make a difference.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
looks like we are collapsing anyway

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Someone take Gagai out behind the shed and put him out of his misery

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

aejix posted:

Someone take Gagai out behind the shed and put him out of his misery

His defence has been horrible - what's happening to them out there?

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I was resigned to a loss when we were 18-6 down because, well, we're out 6 origin players

Welp, sorry knights

Milford has really come good over the last few weeks, loving awesome to watch

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
don't have an excuse for that, second half was pathetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

ForeverBWFC posted:

Maybe, but he's our penis now, so I'm obliged to grin at his arsehole-ness! It's looking more and more like Leigh are setting up for the Super League now, just hope we don't get mauled in the 8s and all this season's been for naught...

Nice to see more English RL fans in here, glad you had fun!

Edit: I saw you were American, meant more fans of English RL rather than English RL fans lol. Still, Canada are going to have a team in Champ 2 next year, so maybe you guys will have one soon too?

I can't see Leigh playing anywhere other than super league next season.

• Locked thread