Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I have it on good authority that this is verbatim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

I have it on good authority that this is verbatim

Its not, Ghandi was actually a liverpool fan because he really hated blacks and jews.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Byolante posted:

Its not, Ghandi was actually a liverpool fan because he really hated blacks and jews.

If everyone who really hated blacks and jews became a Liverpool fan, I'm pretty sure half of the posters on here would be plastic Americans talking about how Brendan needs more time

It doesn't bear thinking about

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

FullLeatherJacket posted:

If everyone who really hated blacks and jews became a Liverpool fan, I'm pretty sure half of the posters on here would be plastic Americans talking about how Brendan needs more time

It doesn't bear thinking about

I mean even I love a little bit of ironic '1488 hitler did nothing wrong' posting but Ghandi was sharing his views on racial purity with hitler and telling South Africa that he was fine with them forcing the blacks out of white areas but could they also force them out of indian areas because frankly they were uncivilised and never could be. Dude was a real pro.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2015/5/19/8620455/how-to-defend-like-manchester-united-phil-jones

Just gonna leave this here...

Extraordinary Perdition
Nov 7, 2007

Collapses like an ancient civilisation.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

How much do you make per click?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
http://www.espnfc.us/blog/the-toe-poke/65/post/2440741/premier-league-teams-summed-up-in-movies

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

The one of the left looks like sean dyche in a wig!

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

lmao

:troll:football does it again

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
(May 2008)

I guess it was written in the stars really.

The European Cup final, in Rome, we always win in Rome.

Rafael Benitez held onto the European Cup as if it was his baby, and, well, it is. A third final in five years, and a second win. After the season he’d had, he deserved to be mentioned alongside Paisley and Shankly, and deep down he knew it.

A sweep around the stands showed you how much it meant. Kenny Dalglish with a grin as wide as the Mersey, John Aldridge and Phil Thompson unconscious from shock. Robbie Fowler, arrested for running up to the Mancs enclosure brandishing six fingers. This was as good as Istanbul, this was as good as Rome in 77. Rome 2009 was the time it happened, Liverpool won the treble for the first time. England’s most successful club had been backed against a wall, and they’d won it.

Just two weeks ago it was all so different. Steven Gerrard’s last minute penalty miss at Goodison meant United just needed to hold on to their slender 1-0 lead at Stoke, and the title was theres, and the double header of cup finals would take place with momentum on their side.

It was the third minute of stoppage time, Fergie frantically tapped his watch.

Ferdinand lumped the ball away and it landed at the feet of Salif Diao. Diao, on the back of one of the worst ever seasons a professional footballer has had, was booed instantly. But, rather than buckle, he suddenly grew in stature, as if the spirit of Shankly had gone through him. He sidestepped Rooney, nutmegged Giggs, played a one-two with erm, somebody else at Stoke, and all of a sudden was facing Ferdinand one on one. Ferdinand lunged in for a tackle, but Salif was away. He slotted the ball, under Van De Saar, and...and....YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS! The whole of Liverpool erupted.

It was incredible. After last minute winners by Diouf at Bolton, and Heskey at the JJB had slowed down United’s charge, all of a sudden, Houllier’s masterplan was uncovered. Salif, El Hadji, and Emile had finally repaid the £25million. 20 years since Hillsborough and Liverpool were bringing the title home. The all time league table read 19-17.

The FA Cup Final was, after that, a mere formality. The Mancs, missing Ronaldo and Tevez through suspension, never stood a hope, with a Gareth Barry free kick and a double from Torres cancelling out Owen Hargreaves early strike. All that could be heard around the country was “Na na na na na na na na (et all) Fernando Torres, Liverpool’s number nine.”

So, that was special enough. A season surely couldn’t be improved by that. But it was, the air of destiny which had followed Liverpool all season was still breezing around them.

This same air, which had seen Steve Bennett give Liverpool a nothing penalty at Old Trafford in the dying seconds. A penalty, which, when Ferguson animatedly asked “WHAT WAS THAT FOR?”, he admitted was “just for a laugh”. The same air which had seen Jamie Carragher – shifted to right back by Skrtel and Agger – invent himself as the Scouse Cafu and set up 36 goals. And that same air, which had brought home number 19, was still blowing a gentle breeze.

And so it was to be in Rome, that City of Liverpool’s most famous triumphs.

But, it was so nearly not so. After 57 seconds, Ryan Giggs volleyed United in front, NOOOO! We cried. But that wasn’t it, just before half time, two goals from Ronaldo had ended it.
“We won it fooooooourrrrrrrrrr times,” croned the inbreds.

We were shellshocked. But then, a lone voice started to sing amongst the tears and recriminations: “Outsideeee the Shankly gates, I heard a kopite calling...”

And, within seconds, the 45,000 Liverpool fans who’d made the trip joined in. The noise echoed around the City, a noise so loud, and so passionate, it nearly arose Caesar from his grave.

Gerrard, Carragher and Alonso, the sole survivors from Istanbul, suddenly felt possessed by the memories. Gerrard walked over to Nando and said: “This is loving yours Fernando, go get it la.”

And he did. We all know how the second half pans out, and the glorious finish, culminating in Gary Neville missing a penalty and then, tragically losing his leg in the process will be told for centuries.

As Rafa walked around the pitch with the European Cup, he noticed an almost greyed presence watching, approvingly from the Directors Box.

Before Rafa had a chance to mouth “gently caress off Parry you clown featured dipshit”, he noticed, that this was a presence that wasn’t really there. It was a presence he’d seen once before, on the 25th May 2005.

“Thanks Bill”, he whispered, to nobody but himself.

Then Carra grabbed the Cup of him, and the celebrations truly began...

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
Please rename me scouse cafu

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Everybody knows it's Big Jon Flanagan who's the Scouse Cafu anyway.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress off Parry you clown featured dipshit

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
https://instagram.com/p/3FOEGOrjwC/

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32871374

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

destroy all civilization

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Lol, I guessed that before clicking.

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

Oh my god.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF65whOfPno

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
:smith:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/champions-league-final-2005-live-9328312

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

hahahahaha

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

This is definitely haraam.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ncial-club.html

heh..

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ahahah

I joked with Jamie last Monday that, if Andy Burnham ends up as Labour leader and then Prime Minister, Jamie would be announced as Defence Minister, Kenny Dalglish Scottish Secretary, Ian Rush in charge of Wales, HS2 going direct to Liverpool, and the Trident nuclear deterrent protecting that city only.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://twitter.com/LFCWarrior69

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I'm Phillips Coutinho

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Deadspin's latest dump:

"It’s maybe a little disconcerting that Real Madrid—a players’ club if there ever was one; one where the 8th-biggest name on the team sheet likely holds more sway in the future direction of the club than any of the ever-changing coaches thrown aboard then unceremoniously shoved off the managerial merry-go-round after only a spin or two, left lying on the grass with the world spinning around them, unsure whether to be upset about getting kicked off before getting up to full speed or to be happy knowing that the sooner they got off, the quicker their brains would realign with the Earth’s natural rotation—had a locker room full of stars who repeatedly and without reservation vouched for their soon-to-be- (and yesterday, actually-) canned manager Carlo Ancelotti to no avail. "

That's the opening line of a blathering piece about Ancelotti being the scapegoat or something.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

TheBigAristotle posted:

Deadspin's latest dump:

"It’s maybe a little disconcerting that Real Madrid—a players’ club if there ever was one; one where the 8th-biggest name on the team sheet likely holds more sway in the future direction of the club than any of the ever-changing coaches thrown aboard then unceremoniously shoved off the managerial merry-go-round after only a spin or two, left lying on the grass with the world spinning around them, unsure whether to be upset about getting kicked off before getting up to full speed or to be happy knowing that the sooner they got off, the quicker their brains would realign with the Earth’s natural rotation—had a locker room full of stars who repeatedly and without reservation vouched for their soon-to-be- (and yesterday, actually-) canned manager Carlo Ancelotti to no avail. "

That's the opening line of a blathering piece about Ancelotti being the scapegoat or something.

Jesus this is unreadable. I cannot read a full sentence of any of it.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TheBigAristotle posted:

Deadspin's latest dump:

Wow that sure is a sentence

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwjGI9FU6jo

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
http://youtu.be/siVeBCaYeko

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

You would think that of all the videos to disable comments on upon uploading that one would have been a real good candidate.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

this is so so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

That video defines cringeworthy. gently caress.