Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

I just threw a baby into an oven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Remember those researchers in Witcher 2 who gave you some potion. Well...http://m.imgur.com/1UG3xZA

Hahaha, holy poo poo. I made the right choice in accepting that, the train wreck will be glorious.

Edit: Also, when doing the quest to restore shrines in Velen, is the only solution really to just beat up the strawmen Nietzcheans/Atheists? Saying you don't want to get involved just fails the quest right then and there when finding them. Also, why in the heck are they out digging up statues in the middle of a warzone?

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 13:06 on May 23, 2015

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Arglebargle III posted:

I kind of miss having to drink potions before fights. I liked doing research and getting geared up for a fight.

I also liked how potions/oils/whatever was done in TW1 because while you had to craft each one they also lasted a long time. Juggling a dozen potions and oils which last a few seconds is more poo poo than I ever feel like dealing with so the extent of using potions I do is have the thunderbolt potion in one of my quickslots and occasionally drinking it when I remember it exists.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

There's a herbalist's hut in Velen but it seems to always be locked. When does it open?

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
Edit: never mind, misread.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
The Witcher contracts are mostly satisfying and challenging fights and provide bitching relic weapons. :black101:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Installed 2 mods that worked like a charm if anyone is into that kind of thing. One gives merchants more money and makes them pay more for your stuff. The other lets you increase the amount of experience you get. No issues with them.

Also, can I just say that exasperated Geralt is my favorite Geralt. His reaction when this guy won't help him unless you find his pet goat is just so loving perfect.

Ms. Chanandler Bong
Dec 20, 2008

I really hope the whole game isn't just farmland and small thatched houses. Does the landscape at least get a bit more interesting?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Ms. Chanandler Bong posted:

I really hope the whole game isn't just farmland and small thatched houses. Does the landscape at least get a bit more interesting?

Skellige Isles may be what you're looking for.

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

I love forest of rain.Foevar...

Spikeguy posted:

Also, can I just say that exasperated Geralt is my favorite Geralt.

He is brilliant during the master swordsmith quest. Deadpan: "Abra cadabra, hocus pocus." Smartass.

eta: the best part is I actually did axii that guy earlier, and the dwarf is like "nah man, you crazy, Geralt wouldn't do that." Low-five, dwarfbro.

Psiharis fucked around with this message at 13:40 on May 23, 2015

Dogfood
Feb 15, 2004

Part of every balanced meal.
The Bloody Baron and his kid was pretty loving intense.

Lubberkin... yikes.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Is there a reliable way to make Geralt enter combat, especially at range? I'd really like to use my reflecting arrow skill, but more often than not Geralt seems to think sniffing at the enemy with his enhanced nose is a much idea than attempting to block something. It's really loving frustrating.

Other than that and sometimes clunky controls and a few bugs (I guess? Enemies just standing in a spot as I'm shooting bolts at them til they're dead is a bit strange), I'm really enjoying combat at the second hardest difficulty. Having to actually read a beastiary entry in order to defeat a wraith or whatever? That's awesome.

EDIT:: Oh, and I like Gwent, but didn't beat the tutorial guy. Did I miss out on great cards or something?

anatomi fucked around with this message at 13:46 on May 23, 2015

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
gently caress this i cant do redanias most wanted because triss already left? cool..

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

anatomi posted:

Is there a reliable way to make Geralt enter combat, especially at range? I'd really like to use my reflecting arrow skill, but more often than not Geralt seems to think sniffing at the enemy with his enhanced nose is a much idea than attempting to block something. It's really loving frustrating.

Draw your sword with 1 or 2 and you can block, I think.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Dogfood posted:

Lubberkin... yikes.

The bit at the end about the card game had me all like "what the gently caress is going on" and I'm still confused, honestly.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

gently caress this i cant do redanias most wanted because triss already left? cool..

Just turn it in to Radovid or take the crystal to Yennefer..

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Fat Samurai posted:

Draw your sword with 1 or 2 and you can block, I think.

I don´t think you can. You have to wait for the game to decide to give you the combat controls.

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

Yeah, combat detection can be kind of hosed. Last night I was getting a lot of 'you can't do that while in combat' fails for trying to use my crossbow. But I was dicking around with tethers of much higher-level enemies and was pretty drunk at the time so I'm hesitant to blame it entirely on the game.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Wow this game is fun, although the controls are rather clunky. I find it's best to play with a controller opposed to a keyboard. This game was meant for consoles.

I'm wondering if I"m playing the game wrong, as I haven't had a sexual encounter yet with the herbalist, and if the last Witcher game taught me anything it's that sex is as much a part of the game as alchemy. Oh, and I got the Serpentine swords already and I'm not even level 4. It's great!

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

If you mean the herbalist in Velen, it's in there, just wait.

Err, the female one anyway. The pellar is in a committed relationship, but Geralt doesn't care about his hobbies.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Help, i'm trying to do the quest "Hey, wanna look at my stuff?", but i left the area after the hobbit ran off and now the witcher trail has vanished. Apparantly i can still continue it if i find him so can anyone describe where he is?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Dogfood posted:

Lubberkin... yikes.
The funniest part is when you turn it into the whatever "right" version is named and it's literally still a monster model but blue and shiny and you must follow that "guardian spirit" across the map. Follow the flying shining yet ugly monster!

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Yeah, drawing your weapon doesn't necessarily work. Good to hear I'm not the only experiencing out-of-combat issues. Hopefully it's on their radar.

Really wish it was possible to create custom markers on the map, like when you encounter a lvl ?? monster and need to revisit when you're a bit stronger. Kind of hard to keep track of where you've been sometimes.
IIRC, there was a mod like that for W2?

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

When I saw Uma for the first time I was horrified because obviously the Baron had dug the kid up again and now it was rapidly growing or ... something. :cry:

I was relieved to be wrong but now I'm convinced the game has something even worse in store, in true Witcher style.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

98 points in one row, yay for catapults! :toot:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Uma, "Ugliest Man Alive", ha ha ha game, very funny.

CJ posted:

Help, i'm trying to do the quest "Hey, wanna look at my stuff?", but i left the area after the hobbit ran off and now the witcher trail has vanished. Apparantly i can still continue it if i find him so can anyone describe where he is?
He's right around the corner by the pier, should show up on the minimap as a normal merchant.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 14:46 on May 23, 2015

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Thanks to whoever mentioned assigning the touchpad controls on a DS4 to various signs. Great idea. I find using left and right presses as a scroll wheel a bit too fiddly though, so I've just assigned my three favourite signs to the three different types of button press.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Gobblecoque posted:

When he tries to initiate his regeneration deal loving hammer his rear end relentlessly until he's dead.

The one in Wild at Heart regens from the beginning, and also faster than the one in the Whispering Hillock quest as far as I can tell. The Whispering Hillock one was a pushover. I kill all the WaH edition's adds so it's not coming from them.

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 14:51 on May 23, 2015

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
drat this thread moves fairly fast...reposting from a few pages back:

Trying to import a save that I downloaded from the link in the OP. I dropped it in my savegames folder with the other W2 saves, but it keeps erroring out on me when I select it--import failed.

Anyone have any tips? And/or a cool Broche save with the tatt and everyone alive (Cynthia can be dead, because yeah).

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Vodos posted:

98 points in one row, yay for catapults! :toot:

Then the last card in their hand is a Torrential Rain. You'd still win, but it would be funny.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Holy poo poo you guys. I actually found him. I FOUND HIM.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Spikeguy posted:

Installed 2 mods that worked like a charm if anyone is into that kind of thing. One gives merchants more money and makes them pay more for your stuff. The other lets you increase the amount of experience you get. No issues with them.

Also, can I just say that exasperated Geralt is my favorite Geralt. His reaction when this guy won't help him unless you find his pet goat is just so loving perfect.

He is getting to some serious Nick Cage in Wickerman levels of frustration

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

You know, I have no trouble dispatching alghouls, corpse hags, all kinds of wraiths, griffons, werewolfs, and whatever other kind of nasty roams the wilds, but the one thing that always fucks me up are large packs of drowners. Something about their leap is just a tiny bit too far and too fast for me to reliably dodge on reaction, and as soon as one hits me the whole group will just run a train on me while I'm stunlocked.

It's me, I'm the worst witcher :negative:

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Where is he? I don't want to accidentally miss the troll quest.

On the island just west of Oxenfurt.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Uma, "Ugliest Man Alive", ha ha ha game, very funny.

Just ran into this loading screen haha holy poo poo you weren't kidding.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Gwent: How does Scorch work exactly? Say, the highest effective value on any card is 1 because of weather effects, does that mean Scorch will remove all of them?

edit: yes it does. Just got the chance to test it.

PirateBob fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 23, 2015

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Perestroika posted:

You know, I have no trouble dispatching alghouls, corpse hags, all kinds of wraiths, griffons, werewolfs, and whatever other kind of nasty roams the wilds, but the one thing that always fucks me up are large packs of drowners. Something about their leap is just a tiny bit too far and too fast for me to reliably dodge on reaction, and as soon as one hits me the whole group will just run a train on me while I'm stunlocked.

It's me, I'm the worst witcher :negative:

My trouble is with wraiths, they stunlock me to eternity.

oxford_town
Aug 6, 2009
is it me or are the fist fights incredibly cheesable?

block, quick attack, quick attack, block, quick attack quick attack, block...

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

oxford_town posted:

is it me or are the fist fights incredibly cheesable?

block, quick attack, quick attack, block, quick attack quick attack, block...

yeah, specialy if you use the short leash the mobs have from their spawn point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Question when you find Letho hiding in the barn. Has anyone gotten far enough to know if just handing over his medallion is good enough or does that have consequences later?