Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

evilmiera posted:

Question when you find Letho hiding in the barn. Has anyone gotten far enough to know if just handing over his medallion is good enough or does that have consequences later?
It's probably the best outcome because as far as everyone is concerned Letho was killed and his bounty claimed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
I hate it when games have stupid buy/sell values. "This perfectly usable sword is worth as much as some raspberries because reasons" is just silly.

Also no "buy back" button just compounds the problem.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

PirateBob posted:

Gwent: How does Scorch work exactly? Say, the highest effective value on any card is 1 because of weather effects, does that mean Scorch will remove all of them?

Yes, including your own. It removes all cards that have the highest value, including modifiers, on the field.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Well, this sucks. I just killed a Wyvern that was twice my level and its corpse clipped through the loving ground, so now I don't get any of its loot. gently caress.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
holy poo poo, I can dodge by just double tapping the direction keys, instead of awkwardly pressing Lalt

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Sheep posted:

I hate it when games have stupid buy/sell values. "This perfectly usable sword is worth as much as some raspberries because reasons" is just silly.

Also no "buy back" button just compounds the problem.

Merchants in this game pay more for what they normally sell. So sell swords to a swordsmith, armour to an armourer, herbs to a herbalist ect.

Makes sense, what would a herbalist in a hut in the woods need 12 swords for?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Anyone watching Witcher 3 playthroughs? I was originally watching Lirik play it on Twitch and enjoying it, but looks like he might quit it, so if there's anyone good out there guaranteed to finish, I'd love to know.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

WTB a waypoint at the top of Crows Perch. Why do they send me up there a dozen times while putting the waypoint all the way at the entrance?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

ufarn posted:

Anyone watching Witcher 3 playthroughs? I was originally watching Lirik play it on Twitch and enjoying it, but looks like he might quit it, so if there's anyone good out there guaranteed to finish, I'd love to know.

I'd rather play it myself. Also lol at someone quitting it. Why is he quitting?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Vodos posted:

WTB a waypoint at the top of Crows Perch. Why do they send me up there a dozen times while putting the waypoint all the way at the entrance?

That waypoint was the bane of my existence during the Baron's questline

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Verranicus posted:

I'd rather play it myself. Also lol at someone quitting it. Why is he quitting?
He's still playing it, he's just not sure he'll do it on-stream, which is fair enough.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

ufarn posted:

I've been watching Destiny on and off. Be warned, he is doing an extreme completionist hardmode run, where he clears out every event on the map and reads every note or book he picks up. He also gets baited into hour long rants about politics by his chat where he will just stop playing and google stuff, so it's probably going to take him a while but he will complete it. I find it more entertaining than DansGame or whoever else is doing it though.

CJ fucked around with this message at 16:13 on May 23, 2015

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

God DAMNIT I just find out now you can loot monster pits after you blow them up.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

They have some really nice stuff sometimes, too

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

You know people have been saying that Witcher 2 doesn't really have any impact on Witcher 3, but I was thinking "Why would Radovid crack down on mages now when he needs them most?" but the shitstorm at Loc Muinne and his hate-filled rant about how Philippa Eilhart ruined his childhood actually answers that question nicely.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Uhhh... Miss? I don't think you can wash that off.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

I'm seeing these whirlwind-like symbols on my mini-map. Anyone know what that's about?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

evilmiera posted:

God DAMNIT I just find out now you can loot monster pits after you blow them up.

:stare:

God DAMNIT

ufarn
May 30, 2009

CJ posted:

I've been watching Destiny on and off. Be warned, he is doing an extreme completionist hardmode run, where he clears out every event on the map and reads every note or book he picks up. He also gets baited into hour long rants about politics by his chat where he will just stop playing and google stuff, so it's probably going to take him a while but he will complete it. I find it more entertaining than DansGame or whoever else is doing it though.
Yeah, the game's probably too long for that. I like that Lirik just blazed through, even the sexytime stuff. The story feels long enough as it is (find this woman, find this daughter, find this mother, save this woman), so it'd probably be too much of a slog for me to watch.

Orv
May 4, 2011

anatomi posted:

I'm seeing these whirlwind-like symbols on my mini-map. Anyone know what that's about?

Portals. Usually a quest tied to activating any you find out an about.

Arglebargle III posted:

You know people have been saying that Witcher 2 doesn't really have any impact on Witcher 3, but I was thinking "Why would Radovid crack down on mages now when he needs them most?" but the shitstorm at Loc Muinne and his hate-filled rant about how Philippa Eilhart ruined his childhood actually answers that question nicely.

Nothing you did (or chose, more specifically) has any overall impact on the narrative of Wild Hunt. Loc Muinne is a disaster even if you prevent the massacres, Radovid slips further into madness because, well, he doesn't really have a choice in the matter, and the Emhyr's plot to drive the North to the brink of civil war and ruin either goes off scott free and Temeria is defenseless, or goes off with a few hitches and Temeria is intact but still massively weakened. Aedern is almost a non-factor by W2 anyway, and Kaedwen has no army to speak of by the end of W2 regardless of your choices.

Orv fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 23, 2015

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I kept hearing about Witcher 3's Hairworks feature in the PC version, wanted to see what that really was and what it looked like. Typically hair turns out pretty eh looking in video games, but this... :eyepop: This makes a very significant difference in detail of the character models in the game. The console versions (and most AMD users) are missing out on a pretty major graphics feature of Witcher 3. You can tell CDPR put some significant work into this.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

ufarn posted:

If you like Jesse Cox at all I garuntee you he'll play through the entire game + most side quests. Not on stream though, daily videos

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
This is annoying. I can't find the recipe for White Gull on any merchant or herbalist anywhere, and I need it for just about everything now.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Hairworks looks nice, but its got some pretty annoying issues (at least on my hardware). Chief among them is that performance drops like a rock when the camera is too close to Geralt's head. Not fun when that happens during a fight, or when doing detective work.

EDIT:: Found a sword called Angivare. Scandinavian dev on the team?

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007
Anyone catch the 50 Shades of Grey reference during Dandelion's quest line when talking Zoltan about the list of women? (Novigrad main quest). A woman wanting him to call her Anastasia and she calls him Christian. Guess he got a little skeeved out when she wanted to try "horse play."

Edit: Just wanted to mention I got two of the, what I thought, would be difficult achievements before I left White Orchard (killing 5 enemies in 10 seconds, and killing 5 enemies without taking damage). It was during the Tavern scene just before you leave if anyone wants to try to pick it up there on another playthrough...or if you're just starting out.

Zoo06 fucked around with this message at 17:42 on May 23, 2015

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

I love forest of rain.Foevar...
I'm OK with playing the game on the most hilarious of all possible platforms (xbone - I'm a swery fan ok). My only issue so far has been that the game doesn't like resuming from standby, so when I launch back up, I hit the dashboard to quit/reload before I run into any save problems.

Sure it's not the prettiest version of the game, but it's still the prettiest game I've ever played. Last time I upgraded my desktop was to play TW2 in 3d, which was very pretty, but not like $800 more pretty than the 360 version I ended up buying later to support the devs / lounge on my sofa and play.

I look forward to seeing Hairworks in action... in like 2 years when it's stable and adds more than it detracts from a game. For now it's nice to just pres butan, receive fun.

e: I wondered if that was 50 shades! Poor Dandelion sure knows how to pick 'em.
ee: I cracked up when I realized why Zoltan was willing to let me go interview the elf girlfriend. Oh sure Zoltan, alcohol metaphors, whatever. Geralt's friends are ASSHOLES.

Psiharis fucked around with this message at 17:49 on May 23, 2015

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Broken Cog posted:

This is annoying. I can't find the recipe for White Gull on any merchant or herbalist anywhere, and I need it for just about everything now.

try the herbalist in white orchard? i think that is where I got mine.

she is easy to miss because if you collected buckthorn before the griffin quest it won't show you where she is.

her door is locked before the quest but unlocks after it, yet the herbalist icon does not appear unless you go into the house. it is on the road between he town and the nilfgard camp, surrounded by herb plants cant miss it.

i am not 100% sure if I bought it from her, but I definately had the recepie in white orchard.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

evilmiera posted:

If you only loot most of the pit's loot it'll refill the container - so grab expensive/rare stuff, leave the container, walk around for a sec then loot the container again. Technically this applies to all containers, but they don't normally fully refill.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Willfrey posted:

try the herbalist in white orchard? i think that is where I got mine.

she is easy to miss because if you collected buckthorn before the griffin quest it won't show you where she is.

her door is locked before the quest but unlocks after it, yet the herbalist icon does not appear unless you go into the house. it is on the road between he town and the nilfgard camp, surrounded by herb plants cant miss it.

i am not 100% sure if I bought it from her, but I definately had the recepie in white orchard.

Already checked, but I'm beginning to worry that it's level-bound. It's not that high level of a recipe I believe, but I didn't start buying up every recipe I could see until some way into the game. I could have a look at the inventory of the other merchants in White Orchard though, thanks.

Edit: Finally found it, on a random merchant.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 23, 2015

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Broken Cog posted:

Already checked, but I'm beginning to worry that it's level-bound. It's not that high level of a recipe I believe, but I didn't start buying up every recipe I could see until some way into the game. I could have a look at the inventory of the other merchants in White Orchard though, thanks.

Hmm must have got it elsewhere, I did 100% clear white orchard before going to velen.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Meh, is there any place that sells the various alcohols in bulk? Seems I need a lot to make enough White Gull, but the taverns only sell 2-3 at a time.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
God drat I've dumped a lot of time into this game so far, and I'm barely level 5.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm level 8 now and I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface. I'm in Velen, doing Baron's quest and that conversation with the Pellar is one of the most atmospheric I've seen. Some creepy stuff in this whole quest with the botchling and all. The soundtrack during it is really awesome, too.

I'd like to find a new silver sword, though. I'm still using the viper one I crafted earlier. Got some diagrams but they're for level 12 and 13.

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese

Azazell0 posted:

I'm level 8 now and I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface. I'm in Velen, doing Baron's quest and that conversation with the Pellar is one of the most atmospheric I've seen. Some creepy stuff in this whole quest with the botchling and all. The soundtrack during it is really awesome, too.

I'd like to find a new silver sword, though. I'm still using the viper one I crafted earlier. Got some diagrams but they're for level 12 and 13.

I was just about to post how I'm half way through level 8 and feel like I haven't even put a dent into this game yet. I'm sitting at ~30 hours so far. I've done the Baron's quest line as much as I can do right now and now I'm working on Kiera's stuff.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
29 hours and still only level 12.

Which means that hitting 35 for the achievement would be what, 90 hours?

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

The most inconsequential of questions, but is there anything that lets you get different horses (besides just stealing other horses temporarily) at any point in the game?

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Roach and Geralt have intertwined destinies. Roach is the Horse Surprise. Everytime Geralt tries to get rid of Roach he always seems to turn up again.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

redcheval posted:

The most inconsequential of questions, but is there anything that lets you get different horses (besides just stealing other horses temporarily) at any point in the game?

Nah, why would you need someone other than Roach?

C'mere, Roach. *blows raspberry in imitation of horse sighing*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

evilmiera posted:

Yea, that was a head slapper for me too.

Pellisworth posted:

Nah, why would you need someone other than Roach?

C'mere, Roach. *blows raspberry in imitation of horse sighing*

I really want for Geralt to say "C'mere Roach" and Vernon Roche just randomly turns up.