Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

theultimo posted:

On windows you can force doing adjustments. not on consoles, so they ported a 96 ppi interface to something that desperately needed to be bigger.

no the actual issue is a game reviewer is playing on a sub 40" panel a rooms length away in the year 2015. i bet they're a pc gamer usually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i sit on the couch with a 72 inch tv in my lap when i play games; i feel it's the only way to really get that immersion experience when im blasting dudes in made up middle eastern countries and slaying a thousand orcs for the trophy you get for slaying a thousand orcs

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zombies' Downfall posted:

i sit on the couch with a 72 inch tv in my lap when i play games; i feel it's the only way to really get that immersion experience when im blasting dudes in made up middle eastern countries and slaying a thousand orcs for the trophy you get for slaying a thousand orcs

my bed is actually a tanning bed refitted with a 90 inch screen instead of a uv lamp array.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I am a television. My screen is wide, and I am beloved by many, and love them in turn, as my purpose is fulfilled.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i would watch you, friend. and i promise to always wear my wiimote strap so you are safe.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Max Payne 3 owned, though the cutscenes are unfortunate.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
assassin's creed 4 is actually very cool and good, i'm surprised bc i didn't even think brotherhood was that great but i loved 2

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Don't play Unity

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

I am a television. My screen is wide, and I am beloved by many, and love them in turn, as my purpose is fulfilled.

I am a computer. I am webcast programming. My circuits hum with Netflix, with Amazon, with choice. I am portable. I am your obsolescence.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Alain Post posted:

Don't play Unity
Play Freedom Cry though.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I am an idiot and played through a chunk of Devil May Cry before ever figuring out Devil Trigger and how important it is.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I could never get past Phantom because that is a horrendously bad fight.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Alain Post posted:

Don't play Unity

In all honesty even when it goes in my PS4 I'm not really playing Unity, I'm just wandering around Paris and shanking people with assorted dressup options. :3:

It's worth it for cheap but it has maybe the worst game structure of the whole series.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The Colonel posted:

I am an idiot and played through a chunk of Devil May Cry before ever figuring out Devil Trigger and how important it is.

I didn't learn how to backstab in Dark Souls until the final boss. I just thought I sucked at finding the sweet spot or something, didn't know I had to just push the control stick button.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Khanstant posted:

I didn't learn how to backstab in Dark Souls until the final boss. I just thought I sucked at finding the sweet spot or something, didn't know I had to just push the control stick button.

...what?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Khanstant posted:

you dont, you just have to find the sweet spot

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Khanstant posted:

It is entirely finding the sweet spot. It also makes the final boss really boring.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Junpei Hyde posted:

It is entirely finding the sweet spot. It also makes the final boss really boring.

He's a pushover even without abusing that or parrying. Thank god they got the final boss in Bloodborne right.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The final guy in Bloodborne is also super easy to parry-fish to death but everything about him is basically still better than Gwyn

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

The final guy in Bloodborne is also super easy to parry-fish to death but everything about him is basically still better than Gwyn

sounds like someone didn't fight the actual final boss

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

In his second phase he becomes immune to poise stagger and parrying so gently caress off troll

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

please lets continue taking souls games eight times too seriously for the fifth year in a row

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'm surprised there hadn't been a college course about Dark Souls yet

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Dork Souls.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Broseph Brostar posted:

I'm surprised there hadn't been a college course about Dark Souls yet

Git Gud 101: Prepair to Flunk Edition

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Has anyone who has played more than 1000 hours of Dark Souls claimed that the game is actually piss easy yet.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

There's a weird twofaced attitude, where they all want to take the e-credit and Nerd Respect for being good at a hard game... and still want to act like it's piss easy so they can feel superior.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ekster posted:

Has anyone who has played more than 1000 hours of Dark Souls claimed that the game is actually piss easy yet.

yeah me

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

but also no not really because those people usually play with big shields and magic so have been getting hosed

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Jon Do posted:

There's a weird twofaced attitude, where they all want to take the e-credit and Nerd Respect for being good at a hard game... and still want to act like it's piss easy so they can feel superior.

It isnt piss easy but it most certainly is not difficult

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

case in point

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
You can beat the entire game being a passive baby hiding behind a shield with coop people who actually know how to play games that arent point and click adventures from the 90s

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

I guess it's less about how hard it is, and more about whether you're willing to slam your head against a wall for an extended period of time. A lot of people find that to make the win more gratifying afterwards, I never did.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I actually legitimately cannot believe it took one post between "someone talks about dark souls" and "someone jumps in to make wicked sick burns on people who like dark souls". One single post. Just smh.

edit: Not even people who like dark souls, just people who played the game in general. It's weak, dude, real weak.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jon Do posted:

I guess it's less about how hard it is, and more about whether you're willing to slam your head against a wall for an extended period of time. A lot of people find that to make the win more gratifying afterwards, I never did.

im literally going to be that person rn: it isnt a wall you are bad at video games im very sorry for your lots

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
If u said bloodborne was stupid hard i would agree. Ng not really but if you gently caress up your build (read: not put more than 20 points in vitality) you simply won't be able to beat ng+ unless you can somehow never get hit

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

it is fine not to like it, you dont have to make poo poo up to do so .

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Learn the pattern

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

I wasn't saying it's a bad game or there are reasons x y z

I was saying the people who are really into dark souls are humongous assholes about it in a deathly overserious way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im just saying it really isnt about slamming your head against a wall in any way and to say it is is very dumb and also stupid

• Locked thread