Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I regret not buying that one. But at the time it would have been an unjustifiable expense due to my financial situation.

I will heed your advice. I plan to buy a bunch of ziplock bags for the small parts and will sort them first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
This!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCQF5WRugec

Jerk Burger
Jul 4, 2003

King of the Monkeys

Ineptitude posted:

i 1-piled the UCS Millennium Falcon.

It took about 100 hours to build.

I do not recommend this.

I got the UCS Imperial Shuttle second hand, so received a box of parts where 99.9% were white. I would spend evenings spreading parts over my kitchen counter trying to find the right sized piece where the gently caress is it this is bullshit it's ALL loving WHITE

Honestly I think it's more fun that way. Numbered bags just let you rip through it too fast.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Aw drat, I will have to buy a PS4 for this won't I? Or is there any talk of a PC version at all?

Also: will the dlc packs be limited time? I'd hate to miss out on one of them.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Wii U, Xbox 360 officially. I guess 3DS and/or iOS might happen in the future. Other Lego Games have been ported to those systems as well as other similar toys-to-life games.

Don't know about availability. Some very early Skylanders are hard to find, but recent ones and Disney Infinity stuff seems to be pretty easy to get hold of. It'll be interesting to see if any of it does become hard to track down. My out-on-a-limb prediction is the Wizard of Oz pack being one that gets hard to find (I'm not sure why though).

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah well, I guess I might grab them before I even get the base game.

Wiz of Oz will be a hit because it is completely new.
Back to the Future will be because it appeals to manchildren of our age with a lot of disposable income, kids don't "get" that set they don't know the movies.
Portal will be hugely popular.
Probably also Wonder woman.

They are all based on IPs that appeal to one huge fanbase or another.

Also:

Gravy Jones posted:

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Wii U, Xbox 360 officially. I guess 3DS and/or iOS might happen in the future.

Well, there really is only the PS4 in this list, that offers other future use beside the Lego game. (I already own a 360 but it is outdated by now.)

Hopper fucked around with this message at 14:43 on May 21, 2015

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

Jerk Burger posted:

I got the UCS Imperial Shuttle second hand, so received a box of parts where 99.9% were white. I would spend evenings spreading parts over my kitchen counter trying to find the right sized piece where the gently caress is it this is bullshit it's ALL loving WHITE

Honestly I think it's more fun that way. Numbered bags just let you rip through it too fast.

UCS shuttle was unnumbered bags to begin with, so that's just how it's supposed to be :colbert:

(it did have several bags that were mostly one type of piece though, so it was at least a little easier than the one big pile approach)

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I've been spending odd nights the last month sorting through a giant tub of lego spanning 3 decades to ziploc the original sets back up. The first step was dividing pieces by color - the grey/white/black bags where the biggest.

I've exhausted the sets I was able to easily identify by "signature" pieces (rope bridges for a pirate set, etc) and I still have 2 enormous bags of solid red and blue pieces left (along with smaller bags for lots of others). Kind of at a loss for how to proceed in tracking them down - I guess the minifigs, but my bag of them has all the heads/torsos/legs switched up from when I was young and not sure how to recover.

Basically I've been doing a lot of raking through lego piles lately, looking for little 1x1 studs and whatnot. Some key pieces have vanished into the ether for good.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's just how it goes. A ways back I got an urge to try and reassemble my Cosmic Fleet Voyager and it was really depressing. I knew going into it I was missing a lot of the important pieces but once I really got into taking inventory I realized like half the set is completely gone.

Same is true for almost all of the classic space stuff I had as a kid. I was able to cobble together a few sets but even that took some bricklink orders.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I've been trying to re-assemble the Warp Wing Fighter as I sort through all my old lego, I just pulled up an parts inventory and been putting parts aside as I sort the rest. Although quite frustratingly I think I misplaced a piece - it's like a little rocket nozzle/exhaust with fins, about the size of one of those 1x1 can pieces. I'm almost certain I found both of them at some point while sorting, but before I was setting stuff aside for the fighter, but when I doubled back through my sort, I only found one of them.

It doesn't help that I have like 3 bins of "oh god I have no idea how to sort this crap."

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

So I have an extra Admiral Yularen mini figure polybag that was given out for a couple days around May 4th for $75+ Lego Star Wars purchases. Figured I'd see if anyone here is interested before I toss it on EBay. Pm me or reply here and I'll give you my email address. I'm open to trading it as well.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Hopper posted:

I regret not buying that one. But at the time it would have been an unjustifiable expense due to my financial situation.

I will heed your advice. I plan to buy a bunch of ziplock bags for the small parts and will sort them first

Its just the UCS Mil Falc that was a pain to 1-pile, mostly because of the size of box i had to use to fit all the pieces, and it made so much noise rummaging through that box looking for yet another 2x3 grey plate that had sunk to the bottom.

I 1-piled Grand Emporium, the 4x4 crawler, the VolksWagen Transporter and none of those were very bad. 1-piling makes the builds take a bit more time which is nice. Personally i build Lego to build Lego, not to hurriedly finish a model so i can display it. I have more built stuff unassembled and packed in boxes than i have displayed stuff.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Ineptitude posted:

Personally i build Lego to build Lego, not to hurriedly finish a model so i can display it. I have more built stuff unassembled and packed in boxes than i have displayed stuff.

Yeah, I have kind of a "problem" where as soon as I finish building the thing, I look at it for a minute then tear it down and put it away. The only one that is still put together is the Hulkbuster, but that thing makes a pretty fun toy even lego aside.

Like Bob Belcher once said, "I just relax, turn my brain off and enjoy the thrill of the build."

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Is there any place I can custom-order UCS sized stickers? I finished my Hall of Armor design for the Iron Man figs and thought I'd include a space for a sticker if it were possible.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

anotherblownsave posted:

So I have an extra Admiral Yularen mini figure polybag that was given out for a couple days around May 4th for $75+ Lego Star Wars purchases. Figured I'd see if anyone here is interested before I toss it on EBay. Pm me or reply here and I'll give you my email address. I'm open to trading it as well.

What are you looking for?

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

NESguerilla posted:

What are you looking for?

10 bucks or a Star Wars figure I don't have.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

anotherblownsave posted:

10 bucks or a Star Wars figure I don't have.

Also have space unikitty and space Lucy for trade. I don't wanna clog the thread so I have PM or email at sbedsole02 at gmail

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Electromax posted:

Like Bob Belcher once said, "I just relax, turn my brain off and enjoy the thrill of the build."

I don't like to see the movie until I've finished the model

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Just finished the UCS Slave 1, very enjoyable and satisfying build... I need something else now

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Red 5

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Red 2 standing by.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Tempting.

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

It's not a very exciting build techniques-wise. The folding wing s-foil assembly and how it deals with the weight is pretty cool though.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I had $20 in TRU bucks I had to use before the end of the month, so I combined it with a 15% off coupon and got the Ultra Agents ship for $73. 1200 parts, $99 MSRP. Cheaper than the Ultra Agents truck HQ, and it has more parts. The badguy's got a kickass helmet, too. Going to have to pick up the $20 plane next month because the villain looks so ridiculous. This Agents series is pretty cool. The helicopter's got a great design, too.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
So I caved and paid the $80AUD for the ecto 1 at TRU today.

Getting it online would have cost me more than that anyway once I added shipping.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Any legoons out there with photoshop willing make me an avatar? If you give this picture of a minifig a transparent background and make it the right dimension/size I'd appreaciate it.
http://imgur.com/8Mrjgma

I've got the text picked out.

:omarcomin:

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

What are the avatar size rules? here's the full size tansparent version

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Just finished building the Ultra Agents Ocean HQ. It's drat cool. I can't recall another set having quite so many neat play features that don't detract from the set as a whole.

Each of the large side panels of the ship fold open. One has a big-rear end jetpack, and the other a small boat armed with a stud gun. The two fore panels each hide a crew-served weapon. The bow has a ball-jointed pair of blasters with a spring-launched grappling hook, and has an opening compartment for a supervillain jail capsule. In the mid-deck, there's a pair of stud miniguns that can be folded belowdecks behind a sliding shutter, and a pair of quad blasters on the waist sides. The bridge of the ship can rotate and comfortably houses 3 minifigs, and there's a waterline deck control room for a 4th.

The two villains are an 8-bit nerd with a nice Space Invaders torso you can use elsewhere without a problem, and an electricity guy with a sweet helmet. Not a fan of the face; it strikes me as a jack-o-lantern rather than evil electric guy. The electric guy's vehicle has an electricity bomb it can drop, but it's the usual ~60 piece 'opponent vehicle' that they feel obligated to include in sets these days.

It's a great buy at 1200 pieces for $100, and has a lot of nice pieces as a parts set, too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I would have poo poo a brick about that set when I was a kid. All of the Ultra agents ones actually. 80's Lego was so pedestrian.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I'm just surprised they made a boat where the entire hull isn't one giant plastic piece.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

EvilJoven posted:

I'm just surprised they made a boat where the entire hull isn't one giant plastic piece.

There are basically five types of large Lego boats. Full floatable hulls, floatable compartmentalized hulls, POOP/BURP-type piece hulls, large piece hulls, and brick-built. Compartmentalized hulls don't seem to have been used in the past decade, and the POOP/BURP-type apparently went away around the turn of the century.
Outside of City sets, full floatable hulls are very rare, like Cragger's Command Ship, but a lot of city ships do. They're generally Cargo, Cutter, and Speedboat types.

Large-piece hulls use bigger ~16x13x2 stud pieces. The Sea Cow, Dolphin Cruiser, Imperial Flagship, Brickbeard's Bounty, Black Pearl, and Queen Anne's Revenge, and current Pirate sets all used these larger parts. Fully brick-built hulls, though, like this Ultra Agents boat, appear to be pretty rare, particularly on this scale. The last 3 Maersk ships seem to be the only ones. I guess the Helicarrier can kinda count.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 06:54 on May 25, 2015

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I have to say I wasn't that jazzed about the Ultra Agents line, until I saw the HQ Boat and the car that's a Spinner from Blade Runner.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

NESguerilla posted:

I would have poo poo a brick about that set when I was a kid. All of the Ultra agents ones actually. 80's Lego was so pedestrian.
Outside of space, maybe. The Mega Core Magnetizer is still my favorite lego set aesthetically.

Edit: huh, it came out in 1990? Thought it was 1988 or so.

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012

Gann Jerrod posted:

the car that's a Spinner from Blade Runner.

Holy crap, how did I not know about this?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Jules Verne Train!

Also, interestingly, Doc Brown has a new hairpiece. A hairstyle that wouldn't look out of place on another time-travelling Doctor's first incarnation...

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

So about a month or so ago, I pondered getting a Red 5, but passed because it felt like a lot to spend. Since then, I think I've spent a few hundred on StarWars sets, and 75$ on 4 Speed Champions sets. :v:

The new shuttle is pretty awesome though. Was a lot of fun to build and it feels like it really outlines how much they've improved build techniques if you compare it to the original shuttle and landing craft models.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

The_Doctor posted:

The Jules Verne Train!

I hope it's the fullsize one from Lego Ideas in game.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The_Doctor posted:

The Jules Verne Train!

I'll probably just bricklink this hair piece and the hover board, rather than spending the full amount for the sets.

The same for any new Venkman hair piece I'm hopeful for.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Alright who has doubles from Simpsons series 2? Need the following

Lisa, Comic Book Guy, Professor Fink, Moleman, Selma, Grounds Keeper Willy and Ms Krabappel

I have a couple Homers, Hot Dog guy, and a Evil Wizard extra.

I picked up the Hulk Buster set too since it looks pretty bad rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty