Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
I've played for like 26 hours, in that time did everything in White Orchard and some main quest things in Velen, got to level 7 now with a few things still left in this area:

:catstare: big game is big

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Weapon scaling question.

Say an NPC gives you weapon for completing quest. Turns out it's a level 20 weapon with 200 damage but since I'm level 10 it'll be down scaled to 100 damage. Does the damage scale back up as I level up? Hattori quest, about to receive Blade from bits.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

You can equip weapons above your level?

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

jaete posted:

:catstare: big game is big

I finally cleared out that area too:

Now I can go to Skellige.

Russian Remoulade fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 24, 2015

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

No

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Where the hell is moon dust bomb recipe? I feel like I've been searching half my life for it.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

The Lone Badger posted:

No, I looked up and this specific weapon is scaled to current player level upon being rewarded. I'm wondering if it'll scale back up if it's a 'Relic' type of weapon.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nah

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hmmm... Quest "An Unpaid Debt" seems bugged, if you choose not to kill the person requested. Hope thats vague enough to not require spoiler tags...

The person whom issued the request then says he's going to kill you, but instead disappears leaving the quest active along with the yellow area on the map in which to complete it.

Anyone else have this problem?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
There better not be a reason to let Whoreson Junior live. I mean after seeing his loving psycho whore murder/torture chamber there was no way I was going to let him go.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

There probably is something to gain out of it but whatever that might be is not worth it. gently caress that guy.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
this game freezes like once an hour, i hope there's a patch coming out

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Wait, what? Witcher gear is upgradeable? Aw, man...

EDIT:: I read somewhere that the freezes are linked to the latest NVIDIA drivers. Try rolling back?

EDIT 2fast2furious: Also, Geforce Experience or whatever they call it is a buggy piece of poo poo. Uninstall it unless you really want it for some reason.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 02:47 on May 24, 2015

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

anatomi posted:

Wait, what? Witcher gear is upgradeable? Aw, man...

EDIT:: I read somewhere that the freezes are linked to the latest NVIDIA drivers. Try rolling back?

Oh, that sucks. Thanks.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The scene where the Baron buries Dea is really loving good guys.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

1stGear posted:

Yeah, I like that it basically forces him to come face to face with his own failure as a husband and father

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

There probably is something to gain out of it but whatever that might be is not worth it. gently caress that guy.

Amen. Seriously one of the more vile characters.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Tokubetsu posted:

Where the hell is moon dust bomb recipe? I feel like I've been searching half my life for it.

I found it in some random cave in Skellige. I have no idea why it's so deep in the game.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Tokubetsu posted:

There's a halfling herbalist across the river to the east of Oxenfurt that sells a bunch of alchemy recipes, that's where I got it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Phoix posted:

I found it in some random cave in Skellige. I have no idea why it's so deep in the game.

Found it in some place in Velen at level 8. It's not deep in the game, stuff is just random and it probably would've shown up somewhere else for you too.

Also buy stuff from merchants when you can, the recipes actually aren't expensive.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I really appreciate the fact that the range of Witcher sense is exponentially greater on the surface of a body of water. Being able to spot sunken crates a hundred feet downriver is great. If you had to get as close as you do on land I probably wouldn't even bother.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

1stGear posted:

gently caress yeah it is. Amazing quest all around

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Protip: The crossbow can also be used to knock away sirens when you're sailing in a boat

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

ymgve posted:

Protip: The crossbow can also be used to knock away sirens when you're sailing in a boat

It also does a ton more damage while sitting in a boat! :shrug:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Deaderinred posted:

all the areas combined make it bigger than skyrim. shoulda said daggerfall bro.

No, I think you'll find Skyrim is bigger on PC at least.

GatewayOfLastResort
Oct 11, 2007

I'm saving up such a laugh.

GatewayOfLastResort posted:

I'm doing the family matters quest and trying to save the stablehand. However, every time I try to open the main stable gate I get stuck on a loading screen with no progress bar. Any ideas on how to get around this?

Fix for this in case anyone encounters it: you have to open ALL the horse pens before opening the main stable door. Weird issue.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

The Crooked Warden posted:

Cat stuff has an equip requirement of 14. The level 4 preorder armor sold by the White Orchard vendor is both cool and good, even if it's only level 4. The Griffon set should have a level requirement of 7, but I really didn't like the way it looked. ymmv.

I didn't preorder, so I didn't get that. I did take the light armor general skill so I'll be sticking with that.

I've noticed trouble with using ladders in this game. Seems getting one to work is hit or miss, and half the time I have to quit out and relaunch the game to climb.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

There's a solid series of financial jokes in one of the monster hunts in Novigrad including an invisible hand of the market joke. I love the writing in this game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How do I switch quick access items with a controller?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Around level 8-10, where should I be looking for gear? I'm using a random axe for a steel sword because I'm a scrub. Also I can't find the barber in Novigrad but I'm content to wander around. I've been in Novigrad for like three hours and only explored 1/4 of it.

I'm gonna be disappointed when I start having explored most of the game. I now agree with that guy from earlier in the thread who complained that the Witcher 3 was not literally infinite.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

So does this hold up to the hype? Is it a good game?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

toggle posted:

loving sucks don't play it.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Norns posted:

WITCHER 3: A GAME FOR PIGS!!!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

toggle posted:

It's good because Wild Hunt refers to Geralt's mission to bump uglies with every woman.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

I played the first two games on PC, but thinking of switching to XBone for the third. Does the game allow you to edit the world state at start?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fellwenner posted:

I played the first two games on PC, but thinking of switching to XBone for the third. Does the game allow you to edit the world state at start?

You mean the previous choices?

The game has a bit after the tutorial level where you can select you various plot choices from the previous games.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

etalian posted:

You mean the previous choices?

The game has a bit after the tutorial level where you can select you various plot choices from the previous games.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to, thanks.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

NESguerilla posted:

How do I switch quick access items with a controller?

Hold the small left button in front of the left trigger.

I also fret over when I should look for new and better gear. Do I really have to wait til 17 to get the Cat school stuff?

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Norns posted:

Couldn't get with that Herbalist chick in White Orchard so the game's a 2/10 thus far imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

There a new patch or a hotfix today? Galaxy just started downloading a 641 mb file