Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Isn't West coast routed completely different and for some reason not as terrible as East? I remember sending them a pingplotter of East where it had hops in Japan or some poo poo like that before going to complete poo poo the last three hops into WG. There were times where it had 40% packet loss those last hops. They always blamed it on our personal ISP though.

Four more days till Armored Warfare so gently caress WoT forever. The End.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Yeah West has much less packet loss than the old single NA server, but that's been offset by the fact that the population is tiny, and most of them are horrifically bad.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

demonR6 posted:

Isn't West coast routed completely different and for some reason not as terrible as East? I remember sending them a pingplotter of East where it had hops in Japan or some poo poo like that before going to complete poo poo the last three hops into WG. There were times where it had 40% packet loss those last hops. They always blamed it on our personal ISP though.

wtf is amored warfare

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Cleveland x5 match, 86k damage output, 1880 base XP :stonklol: :tipshat:

Final shots on a Kitakami, Atlanta, Aoba, I also helped chew up a New Mexico and a Kongo.

Who's gotten the highest base XP and with bonus XP so far ?

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Well it's nice to know that Gaijin doesn't have a monopoly on stupid.

Mans posted:

wtf is amored warfare

World of Tanks but in the modern era and with what looks to be balanced artillery.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Holy sweet baby Odin is the Des Moines a kick rear end ship. Six second reloads on 8 inch guns plus the pyro skill = :supaburn:

I had some poor Colorado alight in five places after he used his damage control party. The Des Moines also reliably citadels cruisers outside their immune zones.

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

New Orleans - I was working on the last carrier when my team capped it out :sigh:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The only thing holding me back from getting a ~Founder's Package~ for Armored Warfare is the fact that I've heard that the company behind AW makes Wargaming and Gaijin look practically monastic in regards to microtransactions. I might just spring for the 29.99 package so I can get the tin-foil tank and the ~speshul commander~.

I'm also really leery about a company that gave *Silentstalker* authority.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 23, 2015

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The only thing holding me back from getting a ~Founder's Package~ for Armored Warfare is the fact that I've heard that the company behind AW makes Wargaming and Gaijin look practically monastic in regards to microtransactions. I might just spring for the 29.99 package so I can get the tin-foil tank and the ~speshul commander~.

I realized the main reason I was considering it would be better achieved by sending Obsidian a check.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When will this piece of boat poo poo be open to anyone? Or is it already and i'm blind?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

lmao the new "World of Tanks killer" game hired the Czech nazi and is P2W?

Goons will play\praise anything as long as it isn't Wargaming.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

To be fair, 'authority' in this case is 'forum moderator.'

Sorry. "Content Manager."

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Mans posted:

When will this piece of boat poo poo be open to anyone? Or is it already and i'm blind?

lmao the new "World of Tanks killer" game hired the Czech nazi and is P2W?

Goons will play\praise anything as long as it isn't Wargaming.
I mean despite my.ru's reputation Obsidian have come out and said that there will be no gold ammo/consumables equivalent- there's no indication that this game has any P2W elements at all. Unlike WG they've even stated they will rebalance premiums in case of severe issues, rather than taking them off the store like WG does.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
WG has done a lot of balancing on the premium tanks, as far as I know. After a particular nerf of the Super Pershing I was offered a full refund, and I think some other tanks had the same deal too.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
The SP got roughed up while the "balance" applied to other hideously broken tanks was to remove them from the store and not change anything. WG must've got sick of the loving lardasses on the forums wailing about legal action for changing their precious paid-for pixel tank, despite consenting to the EULA which explicitly states that WG can rebalance premium content.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Actually, WG could have told everyone on the US server to piss up a string. The only reason the refund was given in the first place is that there's an EU law that applies to bait-and-switch, and Wargaming has more customers in EU/RU than they do here.

I think they've found a loophole in 'upgrading to HD models,' though for the most part, they're keeping that reserved for normal tech tree tanks.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Type 59 was nerfed to hell and so was the Sperhing, the only premium that you can call OP are the Church III and that stupid German TD that is the size of a pair of tracks +a canon and that's debatable.

Anyway, is there a thread for AW? I can't say no to the idea of driving a Leopard.

Also

Mans posted:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
They've buffed the clownshoe a few times. It is great having an even 190mm of armor from the turret to the lfp. Then they helped it more my giving it pref mm. I'm still not sure on the reasoning for that seeing as the gun is the same as the one on the t32 and t29. The armor was better too if you knew how to angle the front some (I got steel wall in a t10 match once because an is-7 was never able to penetrate me and there was a maus on our team still alive at the end).

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Mans posted:

The Type 59 was nerfed to hell and so was the Sperhing, the only premium that you can call OP are the Church III and that stupid German TD that is the size of a pair of tracks +a canon and that's debatable.

LeFH 18, Churchill III, T14 to an extent, FCM 36 PaK 40, E 25, CDC, Bromwell, Rudy, SU-76i.

Probably others I'm forgetting, too.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Mans posted:

You can buy your way in now with one of the preorder packs, but there's no solid ETA on the wipe and shift to soft launch open beta yet. The Gremy package is most often recommended.

Plus side, anything you preorder you get to play with now, and you get it all back again once the reset happens

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:04 on May 23, 2015

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Including premium time.

Reflux.M
Nov 2, 2002
Tempe, Az
Looking for some WoWS & TS lovers, continuing to idle playfully in the Windowlicker Lobby awaiting some good goon captains to save me.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Reflux.M posted:

Looking for some WoWS & TS lovers, continuing to idle playfully in the Windowlicker Lobby awaiting some good goon captains to save me.

I'll log in and fix your permissions, give me five minutes.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

demonR6 posted:

I'll log in and fix your permissions, give me five minutes.

I already tried about 20 minutes after his post, he was gone.

So yea, first trip out in my shiny new New Mexico. Was doing pretty good, beating up on a couple of enemy BB's while defending the cap, when suddenly.. a single salvo takes out both of my forward turrets. Permanently. Well gently caress, now I have to fight running away or broadside mostly... and of course half my firepower is gone. Well, I'll do my best.. *whomp*... oh look, now both the rear turrets are permanently destroyed. Holy poo poo that's a hosed up mechanic. I had well over half my health, two 'heals' left, but am just a target now. My team then proceeded to lose of course.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Locator posted:

I had well over half my health, two 'heals' left, but am just a target now.

Welcome to every battle in a carrier. Between the super AA on US battleships tier 4 up and cruisers tier 7 up, and American carriers fielding nothing but fighters (because dive bombers are poo poo) whether you get same tier or have to fight up a tier, you generally lose all of your planes about 1/2 way into a battle, even if you're careful.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:40 on May 23, 2015

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Welcome to every battle in a carrier. Between the super AA on US battleships tier 4 up and cruisers tier 7 up, and American carriers fielding nothing but fighters (because dive bombers are poo poo) whether you get same tier or have to fight up a tier, you generally lose all of your planes about 1/2 way into a battle, even if you're careful.

Fighter meta 2 stronk.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Earlier I was deathly afraid of carriers. Now after the patch I remember one torp run, and it too failed spectacularly. And I only play battleships...

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

I've seen plenty of pubbies doing well in tier 5-7 with torp bombers after the patch. Probably more than I was seeing pre-patch.

US carriers, though? A lot of them seem to take as many dive bombers as possible, whine about fighters not making as much xp/cash as bombers, then inevitably get camped by fighters from the other team or just contribute nothing to the team regardless.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Warbadger posted:

I've seen plenty of pubbies doing well in tier 5-7 with torp bombers after the patch. Probably more than I was seeing pre-patch.

US carriers, though? A lot of them seem to take as many dive bombers as possible, whine about fighters not making as much xp/cash as bombers, then inevitably get camped by fighters from the other team or just contribute nothing to the team regardless.

IJN Carriers are the fun ones now because with the number of TB squads you get, you can actually sink ships. You're also free from the tyranny of playing for "air supremacy", because their fighter setups are dogshit and not worth bringing to the table. Bring bombers, sink ships.

Really, fighters just aren't any fun. Even if you're the guy in the Essex/Lexington shooting down every plane you can find, it just isn't nearly as satisfying or useful as blowing up battleships.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Yeah if they are going to make one nation be the fighter cv nation, They got to make shooting down fighters worth something. I have seen CV's that have shot down 50+ aircraft and yet they will still be at the bottom half of the team

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Had a great x4 in in the Farragut. It was on the map with all the icebergs, especially down south and two dd's from my team (including me) and two red dd's were knife fighting it out among the icebergs. It was a lot of fun and I got both of them. Plus I poured a bunch of shots into the red CV.

Also, different game, but my Nagato's secondaries. Killed two DD's with my secondaries alone and they helped with a BB and cruiser. Nothing like steaming between the BB and the cruiser and secondaries on both sides opening up. The BB had it's guns pointed the wrong way and must have been tunnel visioned like mad because he just steamed in a straight line shooting at one of my teammates.

I'm going to miss them since I just unlocked the Amagi. :rip: Nagato secondaries.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

demonR6 posted:

You should make an armored warfare thread ( i don't think there is one yet) , I'm hype as gently caress.

For those wondering, it's a world of tanks clone with modern tanks made by Obsidian instead of insane russians.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I dropped the $15 on a pack for Armoured Warfare because I figured even if it is literally just WoT but modern tanks I will probably enjoy it. Also I want to drive an ATGM jeep like an idiot.

So on the new map Hotspot, where the hell should I be driving my carrier? Every single time I end up on that map in my CV I end up hemmed in in the corner of the map I spawn in by both enemy spawns.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I finally had a good South Carolina game. I only used HE, and moved from the far north of the map down to the center and wound up killing two other South Carolinas , a T3 cruiser and whatever that Tier 1 japanese thing is called.

The best part? The 5x payout gave me more than enough to get into the carrier tree so I never have to play this loving ship again.

gently caress you South Carolina

gently caress you

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Not enjoying the Colorado, can't really pinpoint why but I am doing much worse in it than I was in my New Mexico.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Been trying jap carriers, But yet to get anywhere, the same complaint about fighters worth nothing is having a strange effect that I am only fighting bouges and lanlgys with fighters, making both of us useless

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Stevefin posted:

Been trying jap carriers, But yet to get anywhere, the same complaint about fighters worth nothing is having a strange effect that I am only fighting bouges and lanlgys with fighters, making both of us useless

USN carriers are useless halfway through a battle because fighters can't attack ships and dive bombers are terrible, while IJN carriers are useless halfway through a battle because USN carriers shoot down all the planes, and AA is pretty good at shooting down the small IJN squadrons.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Goddamn these USN standard battleships are slow as hell. No wonder they deemed them useless fuel hogs.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Ihmemies posted:

Goddamn these USN standard battleships are slow as hell. No wonder they deemed them useless fuel hogs.

They were good for bombarding beaches before a landing and giving fire support once the marines were ashore, but yeah they were too slow to keep up with the carrier task forces.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The Wyoming is so slow by the time I made it to C the match was nearly over and we last over 3/4 of our dudes. I never got in position to do anything but die horribly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I wonder if the people who decided battleships don't need to be fast, they need to fight and survive better than the enemy because they'll always come to you when you seize their ports, are the same people who decided everything that wasn't a nucear bomber was obsolete, and therefore the Navy should be scrapped and the Army reduced to airfield guard detachments.