Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

baka kaba posted:

I really like his style, and he's great when he does political, but usually it's like reading someone's facebook updates about what's annoying them today

Yeah this. Also his tendency to drag out the "joke" for too long. That latest one could be only the top row, and it would convey exactly the same "joke" as it does currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Stephen Collins is fine but he isn't a political cartoonist so I don't know why he gets posted here so much.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
I post Stephen Collins because I like his work. :yaycloud:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Irish same-sex marriage referendum – A referendum in Ireland found 62% were in favour of changing the constitution to allow gay and lesbian couples to marry"

Telegraph:

Labour to back EU referendum bill, says Harman

Independent:

Times:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cloud Potato posted:

I post Stephen Collins because I like his work. :yaycloud:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Irish same-sex marriage referendum – A referendum in Ireland found 62% were in favour of changing the constitution to allow gay and lesbian couples to marry"

It's somewhat funny that same-sex marriages were recognised in England under Tories.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
Eh, barring Norn Iron same sex marriage has passed in the British Isles with support from all political parties. It seems to be a generational thing - the current generation in power don't have anything against homosexuality, and the millenial generation don't consider it an issue at all.

Of course, the :scotland: interpretation is that the tories rushed SSM through to race the Holyrood vote to avoid humiliation on social issues.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Cameron's Euro mission – Prime minister dines with Jean-Claude Juncker at Chequers to ‘share concerns of British people over EU membership’"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Ferrero Rocher.

Times:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Cameron is a terrible host, a series of similarly themed cartoons.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Those drat Eurocrats, drinking wine way too fast for us Brits to keep up

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Chris Cairns!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron's EU negotiations – David Cameron’s current handicap is that the more Germany and France talk up eurozone convergence, the more they play into the hands of Britain’s Eurosceptics"

Telegraph:

Queen's Speech 2015: What we can expect, bill-by-bill

Times:

Yesterday's Mail:
Mac on... The grandmother, 65, who gave birth to quads

Mail:
Mac on...study saying traffic noise raises obesity risk

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Martin Rowson has done this cartoon for the upcoming Tribune magazine:

And he also linked to this older one from four years ago

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

J_RBG posted:

Martin Rowson has done this cartoon for the upcoming Tribune magazine:

And he also linked to this older one from four years ago

Nice, thanks for posting these.

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Fifa corruption arrests – Uefa calls for postponement of presidential election following arrest of officials on corruption charges amid World Cup inquiry"

Telegraph:

Times:

Queen's Speech 2015: EU referendum, tax freeze and right-to-buy

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Iain Duncan Smith's benefits shakeup – The work and welfare secretary will ensure universal credit spreads to every jobcentre and to every category of claimant"

Telegraph:

EU referendum: David Cameron pushes leaders on reforms

Wednesday's Independent:

Blanket ban on 'legal highs' will see dealers face seven years in jail

Yesterday's Independent:

Times:

Tony Blair quits Middle East envoy role

Yesterday's Mail:
Mac on... Scrapping the Human Rights Act

:fuckoff:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Mac was on a run of not being too terrible for a few days. Glad things are back to normal. :coal:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

At least every single other person (and the skull) is reacting appropriately

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am personally glad that Nige has found his passion for theatre.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Sepp Blatter and David Cameron – Fifa could have responded to the arrests of many of its top executives by showing that it grasps what has finally happened to the credibility of world football"

Telegraph:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... Sepp Blatter's refusal to quit

Stephen Collins:

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
I will say this for Mac: he draws one hell of a 'dignified horror' expression.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Mac draws well.

An actually political Collins! And amusing, too! :monocle:

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
So thats what, half of the papers making the same lovely Tony Blair as FIFA president joke?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The two news stories came out at the same time and they click together nicely?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Sepp Blatter's Fifa and the stink of corruption - David Simond’s on world football’s governing body"

Sunday Telegraph:

Fifa corruption: Vladimir Putin expresses support for Blatter

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Sepp Blatter and Fifa – Sepp Blatter took the game away from Europe’s powerful elite and gave Africa and Asia their first World Cups – no wonder so many see the attacks on him as a campaign by the rich to regain control"

Telegraph:

What are David Cameron's red lines on Europe? He needs to tell us

Independent:

Prince William issues call for Fifa to 'put the sport first'

Times:

After James Gillray.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That William is a thing.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron and Scotland – ‘The baked bean in danger’ - after James Gillray, on the 200th anniversary of his death"

Telegraph:

Solar Impulse: Zero-fuel plane makes forced Japan landing; David Cameron in split with Theresa May and Michael Gove over human rights

Times:

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Green Wing posted:

Mac draws well.

An actually political Collins! And amusing, too! :monocle:
I miss the Daily Express guy. I wanted to find out what happened to Britain after the sun suddenly winked out and the apocalyptic darkness blanketed the land.

edit: I like the Times's Putin

Zephro fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jun 2, 2015

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Is the Times arguing in favour of human rights now?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Scarfe of the Week

Suitably grotesque.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Is the Times arguing in favour of human rights now?

I don't think the Times has ever been massively Euroskeptic. I mean, last election cycle they enthusiastically agreed with everything in the tory manifesto because of the clear danger a Miliband government presented to Newscorp, but now that's passed they can go back to being moderate.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Scarfe might be a good artist but he needs to stop doing his artistic writing and make something that is readable. The whole point of adding text is to have people read it and I can only imagine this stuff being even more difficult when put to print.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think not being a jpeg will make it clearer, even if the print were to smudge a bit.

It says "... and they say I made nothing of being Middle East peace envoy." if anyone is having troubles.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Charles Kennedy – Whatever his inner demons, the former Lib Dem leader was one of the few politicians of the modern era to whom ordinary Britons could relate"

Telegraph:

Sanctions target 'rip-off' NHS temps

Independent:

Yesterday's Mail:
Mac on... The Britain's Got Talent dog controversy

Mail:
Mac on... Woman jailed for having sex too loudly

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

Kennedy seems oddly Prescott-like and angry, even malevolent-looking, for what is ostensibly a tribute cartoon.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Yeah I was going to say. I wonder if Kennedy ever stepped on his toes at a convention or something

dadrips
Jan 8, 2010

everything you do is a balloon
College Slice
I interpreted his expression more as being annoyed that he's being taken away when he still has lots of things he wants to do :shobon:

"PUT ME BACK DOON AFORE A WRING YER NECK, YA SHITEY WEE YELLA PRICK"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Telegraph:

MPs in line for 10% pay rise to £74,000

Independent:

Yesterday's Times:

Times:

Jilly Cooper's Riders: why the toned-down cover?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Yesterday's Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron and the European convention on human rights"

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on George Osborne's public spending cuts plan – Chancellor plans to raise £1.5bn from Royal Mail sale and £3bn in government department savings, prompting IFS warning" Also Alton Towers Smiler crash: Four seriously hurt

Telegraph:

After James Cagney.

Independent:

Times:

After George Cruikshank.

Mail:
Mac on... Sepp Blatter resigning as FIFA president

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Mac.png

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

I see we had the same idea. Alternatively:

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
See, that Times is what people aught to be talking about when they hate on labels. Totally useless AND incorrect (the empty bowl obviously represents spending on the public-not cuts to spending.)

edit: With Mac's style of only using black/white/grey how would you show a dark skinned black man's mouth without using some form of lip? Making the mouth-line white? Making it so that black people show up grey? I think he does it occasionally when they have an open mouth in profile but I'm stumped as to how you do it otherwise.

edit2: Also I think hands-up guy is a white guy in a ski mask, notice that his hands aren't colored while the person in African garb's are. I think thats actually part of the joke, while there are some honest (or claiming they are honest, at least) people who just love football interested in the position there's also a bunch of people trying to pass them bribes. Having a bank robber in there too seems to fit.

Cliff Racer fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jun 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Some African cartoonists use halftone stencils. It comes across better than the blackface effect.

• Locked thread