Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
I'm in for pretty much any weekend in the summer, I backloaded all my wedding stuff to the fall. I'm good for bringing some food and whatever else, plus I'll bring my grill over and all my cast iron stuff and do some cooking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

sharkytm posted:

Depending on production schedule, I'd be down for a meeting. I could use a break from working 7 days/100+ hours a week. Even if I don't show, I'll chip in for the keg. Hell, even if I go, I'll barely drink anything.

Haven't seen you in a long time!

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Haven't seen you in a long time!

Yeah, been busy. Started my own business.

Be your own boss, they say.
Take vacation any time you want, they say.

My boss is a gigantic rear end in a top hat, and I haven't had more than a couple of days off since August. :v:
It'll all be worth it in the end.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

sharkytm posted:

Yeah, been busy. Started my own business.

Be your own boss, they say.
Take vacation any time you want, they say.

Congrats dude, its the best working for yourself and yea I have my own business so I work my own hours and its all of them. All of the hours.

I refuse to work on Sunday though or Id go crazy.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Fart Pipe posted:

Congrats dude, its the best working for yourself and yea I have my own business so I work my own hours and its all of them. All of the hours.

You also have all of the cool cars though so we can be a little jealous.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Things that happen at Fart Pipe's place.

Kastein decided to toss an old coil spring into the burn barrel, molest it, and then "temper" it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I love this loving thread.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I saw God that night too. INTERNETRACECAR brought over a couple of his fast mopeds and I took the 70cc one out to see what it could do, which felt like 45-50mph. Got into a tank slapper up against a guardrail and almost lost it at full speed. I thought I was going to die for sure. I was able to recover though and as soon as some checks come in next month Im putting a 70cc kit on my moped.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

You guys know of any easy trails around Springfield for a stock Comanche? My friend wants to take his truck out but its bone stock so nothing too crazy.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Super Aggro Crag posted:

You guys know of any easy trails around Springfield for a stock Comanche? My friend wants to take his truck out but its bone stock so nothing too crazy.

Top of the World in Westfield. My old Explorer made it up stock but it's still fun. There's a firetower up top.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

We'll have to check that out soon.

I told my buddy about the Mass Trans Trail / PDR trip and he is interested, so I will probably be riding shotgun with him.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
We've been talking for years about doing an NEAI wheeling edition trip. I'd be totally up for it.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Sandbagger SA posted:

We've been talking for years about doing an NEAI wheeling edition trip. I'd be totally up for it.

CJ should be done soon. We wont be really free to do poo poo until august though. Sister is also in with her TJ as long as it's light duty poo poo.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I've been meaning to make it to one of these for a while, so you can count me in. I should have my transmission fixed by then and won't have to baby my car anymore.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Who wants to help me/supervise and drink with a valve adjustment? I gotta do my valve cover gasket and the F20 is due for a check on that at 100K miles. I don't wanna pop the cover off to replace the gasket and then take it off again to do that later

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Noise Complaint posted:

Things that happen at Fart Pipe's place.

Kastein decided to toss an old coil spring into the burn barrel, molest it, and then "temper" it.

i don't think this heat treating process is iso:9000 approved

NEAI, I will be flying out to connecticut june 25th through june 30th. I'll be staying with my grandma in Bristol and I have some bank business I have to do either friday or monday, but the weekend should be free. Dunno if I'll rent a car or borrow one but I will drink beers and smoke weed with you people if you want

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'm pretty sure even HF forging plant employees would be horrified by my methods and safety equipment that night.

Unsure if I'll be around those times, but hopefully. Friday nights I'm usually at Fart Pipe's place doing things like... that. A lot more people used to show up but work schedules keep loving them over :sigh:

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

rscott posted:

i don't think this heat treating process is iso:9000 approved

NEAI, I will be flying out to connecticut june 25th through june 30th. I'll be staying with my grandma in Bristol and I have some bank business I have to do either friday or monday, but the weekend should be free. Dunno if I'll rent a car or borrow one but I will drink beers and smoke weed with you people if you want

Bristol is around 40min from Fart Pipe's place and we usually hang out there after work on Fridays until the wee hours of the morning, as long as he's around.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Noise Complaint posted:

Bristol is around 40min from Fart Pipe's place and we usually hang out there after work on Fridays until the wee hours of the morning, as long as he's around.

Does this mean a mini NEAI meet?

BTW:

The most popular day we picked so far on the doodle app is August 22 with 6 votes.

Slow is Fast posted:

CJ should be done soon. We wont be really free to do poo poo until august though. Sister is also in with her TJ as long as it's light duty poo poo.

A trail cleanup day would be pretty cool. Breakneck is an obvious choice.

Sandbagger SA fucked around with this message at 12:57 on May 29, 2015

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I can help clear trails as long as I get to ride shotgun with kastein. :getin:

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
Of course, the date is entirely up to Fart Pipe, but are the preliminary results for NEAI 2015 availability:

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I can help clear trails as long as I get to ride shotgun with kastein. :getin:

Anyone who hasn't should at least once :black101:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I voted but it is there. Any time in august. Hoping to take the CJ.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Not really sure why it's showing that I said I wasn't available Aug 8th, I have no plans.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Anyone in CT have one of the CDMs out of an 88-94 Chevy truck radio?

Delco model 16147075

I'd rather give one of youse some money than a junk yard.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Saturday, June 27, 2015 is the Canaan Summer Rallycross in Canaan, NH. If any New England area Goons want to drive the Paseo they're welcome to. Just note you'll need to be there by 7:45 AM, work course (resetting cones or calling them on the radio), know how to operate a manual transmission, and borrow a loaner helmet if you don't have a SNELL SA2005+ one. Registration is $70 for non-SCCA members. Registration closes June 24 but to make grid smoother for the organizers it would be useful to know within the next week or two if you're set on going.

There will also be events 8/2/15 @ Canaan NH, 9/26/15 @ Okemo VT, 10/17/15 @ Cummington MA. As long as I can get the car to these events I'm happy to share the car.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Only if it still has my bottlecaps on it

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
I can probably do something toward the end of August. I'll see if my shittiest shitbox is up to the trip. It's running/driving really awesome right now.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Noise Complaint posted:

Only if it still has my bottlecaps on it

If I counts I drive to and from the events on your bottlecaps. Once this set of rallyx tires gives up the ghost I'll be swapping them from the stock steel wheels onto another set of bottlecaps. Luck would have it they're a pretty good fit for the Paseo, super cheap, sturdy as heck, and fairly lightweight.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Sandbagger SA posted:

Of course, the date is entirely up to Fart Pipe, but are the preliminary results for NEAI 2015 availability:

It's a bit of a hike for me, but I'd try to make it out on whatever weekend gets picked, provided something I own is running well enough to make the trip. Right now I'm 1/5, so I'm doing OK I think. Fun fact, while stopped in traffic on the way back from the one at Fart Pipe's place (I think NEAI 2.0??) there was a big van alongside me (with government plates :tinfoil: ) that looked to be filled with HS girls on some sort of field trip. The driver tapped the horn, I looked over, and 3 of them flashed me :eyepop: I have a feeling alcohol was involved somehow.

Sandbagger SA posted:

Anyone who hasn't should at least once :black101:

This too. I had jerky video footage of one such ride, but lost the phone maybe a month or two afterwards. It mostly featured blurred scenery, engine noise, and barely audible (but fairly constant) retard laughter from yours truly

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Black88GTA posted:

This too. I had jerky video footage of one such ride, but lost the phone maybe a month or two afterwards. It mostly featured blurred scenery, engine noise, and barely audible (but fairly constant) retard laughter from yours truly

I will bring my video camera, it's pretty decent and has proper image stabilization, we'll see if we can capture Ken's deathrun in all its glory. I would say chase cam would be a good idea, but I don't know if anyone else would want to subject their vehicle to that.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I will bring my video camera, it's pretty decent and has proper image stabilization, we'll see if we can capture Ken's deathrun in all its glory. I would say chase cam would be a good idea, but I don't know if anyone else would want to subject their vehicle to that.

If anyone else can keep up with him on breakneck :3:

edit: wait - I don't know if he has anything that's ready to gofast off road at the moment.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I don't. The white MJ is never seeing the road again for a variety of reasons, the XJ isn't either, neither of the subarus is getting wailed on and the other MJs aren't getting beat up like that.

I suppose if someone feels like trailering the white MJ there for me I'd love to beat on it some more, but that would be ridiculous and a waste of time.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

kastein posted:

I don't. The white MJ is never seeing the road again for a variety of reasons, the XJ isn't either, neither of the subarus is getting wailed on and the other MJs aren't getting beat up like that.

I suppose if someone feels like trailering the white MJ there for me I'd love to beat on it some more, but that would be ridiculous and a waste of time.

If it's in August we might be able to make the trailer thing happen.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Hey Black88GTA - you live near the New York metro area correct? I'm going to be in the city in mid December maybe a road trip to new england redneck ville?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
I may or may not be in depending on the date.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Check out Soapstone Mountain in Somers CT. It's only about 20 minutes from Springfield.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Hey Black88GTA - you live near the New York metro area correct? I'm going to be in the city in mid December maybe a road trip to new england redneck ville?

Kinda sorta, I'm in Long Island, about 50ish miles away from NYC. I'm only an hour train ride away though, I'd def be down to meet up for any kind of shenanigans or beers. always up for a road trip :getin:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Hey pee pee heads, what day in august are we blowing poo poo up

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Slow is Fast posted:

Hey pee pee heads, what day in august are we blowing poo poo up

According to the doodle (and assuming fart pipe is ok with it), the weekend of 21-23rd (10 people have voted for this date).

We haven't nailed down if it's going to be Friday or Saturday though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I am alright with that weekend, penciling it in on my calendar.

• Locked thread