Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jon Do posted:

I wasn't saying it's a bad game or there are reasons x y z

I was saying the people who are really into dark souls are humongous assholes about it in a deathly overserious way

Nobody was acting like that even after you jumped in specifically to say that until you egged it out of people who weren't even talking to you :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Yeah maybe i oversimplified -- I found most people that played the game enjoyed and respected it... but they largely all admitted great degrees of frustration at various points. I did as well, and did not enjoy that aspect.

Sometimes you just have to call people an rear end in a top hat when they're being an rear end in a top hat. There's a lot of superiority going on with Souls.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You totally put those deadly serious Dark Souls fans itt in their place, how dare they like a videogame

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

it is entirely impossible to have a civil discussion about dark souls on the internet

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

kinda what I meant

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
the best thing about the whole souls series is your first time through it's all new and scary and frustrating and tense and oh wow check out the poo poo in NG+!

the next time you come back to it and make a new character you're basically able to smash through the whole game like an infant playing with tinkertoys

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Its easier to pattern lock enemies in bloodborne i suggest you get your gay rear end a ps4 and start bi-winning

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jon Do posted:

Yeah maybe i oversimplified -- I found most people that played the game enjoyed and respected it... but they largely all admitted great degrees of frustration at various points. I did as well, and did not enjoy that aspect.

Sometimes you just have to call people an rear end in a top hat when they're being an rear end in a top hat. There's a lot of superiority going on with Souls.

i think you may be misunderstanding the frustration angle, its frustration with urself the player for failing rather than the game being frustrating. it sounds like you found the game frustrating instead.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

StashAugustine posted:

it is entirely impossible to have a civil discussion about dark souls on the internet

I'd agree with you but this IS the internet after all.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Today on Dirk Souls, Game Detective: Dirk investigates the secret... of the Citizen Kane of video games!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
literally gaming ambrosia

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
This EA Access thing seems alright.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

James Woods Fan posted:

ah yes a worse version of ps+ this owns

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FactsAreUseless posted:

Today on Dirk Souls

Dirk Hardly and the Long Boss Fight of the Soul

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Stux posted:

ah yes a worse version of ps+ this owns

Worse, at least ps+ let's you keep games, EA Access is only select games at a time

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

theultimo posted:

Worse, at least ps+ let's you keep games, EA Access is only select games at a time

so it's the sega channel?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I hope the next souls game is set in modern day /w skateboards and cars.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

James Woods Fan posted:

"Yeah I'd totally pay a subscription for FIFA and Battlefield" -a dumb

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

Lurdiak posted:

From Software presents: Skate or Die 3

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

i for one would like armored core souls

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Lurdiak posted:

Jon Do posted:

i for one would like armored core souls

Metal Wolf Souls

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What are the chances this won't be terrible? http://shield.nvidia.com/android-tv It looks real cool though, especially if you have a 4K TV.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

I said come in! posted:

What are the chances this won't be terrible? http://shield.nvidia.com/android-tv It looks real cool though, especially if you have a 4K TV.

I have a shield portable, it seems to be the same idea. It works great for game streaming and android apps.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Personally I just want a Dark Souls X Bloodbourne X Witcher puzzle fighter.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I said come in! posted:

I don't care at all about the TV thing but that custom controller looks pretty cool, like a hybrid of the best parts of the 360 and Xbone controllers. I hate the Xbone controller's L/R buttons and this one doesn't look too bad so if you can connect it to your PC I'll probably buy one. You probably can't though since I don't see that on the website anywhere.

edit:

The faq posted:

CAN I USE THE SHIELD CONTROLLER WITH A PC?
Yes. The SHIELD controller is compatible as a wired controller with a Windows 7 or Windows 8 PC running GeForce Experience. Learn more here including the full system requirements and list of supported features.

Oh poo poo you can. Well hell I might think about getting one then

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Kinect Souls.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CJacobs posted:

I don't care at all about the TV thing but that custom controller looks pretty cool, like a hybrid of the best parts of the 360 and Xbone controllers. I hate the Xbone controller's L/R buttons and this one doesn't look too bad so if you can connect it to your PC I'll probably buy one. You probably can't though since I don't see that on the website anywhere.

edit:

Oh poo poo you can. Well hell I might think about getting one then

just buy a ds4, the best controller ever made

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

I still havent laid hands on a DS4 somehow. I need to go to a best buy or something and try to touch one. 360 gave me hand cramps quick. I'm still loving a white DS3 and betterds3.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jon Do posted:

I still havent laid hands on a DS4 somehow. I need to go to a best buy or something and try to touch one. 360 gave me hand cramps quick. I'm still loving a white DS3 and betterds3.

Ds3 is poo poo in comparison

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Yeah dood ds3 is great but a ds4 blows it out of the water

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Maybe when PC games start automatically accepting it and showing Playstation buttons in-game.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

yeah clearly i need to get ahold of one for myself and try it but i thought it was worth asking

anyone else here have bad hand cramps on 360 but much less on ds3 to weigh in on ds4 ergonomics?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sleeveless posted:

Maybe when PC games start automatically accepting it and showing Playstation buttons in-game.

Yeah sony really neglecting the idiot market wtf???

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Sleeveless posted:

Ubisoft games already do this. So do a whole bunch of indie games, such as Distance.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
God I really hate the L/R buttons on the XBone controller so much. The L1/R1 are just this crappy hard to press plastic and the L2/R2 are both so mushy and gross. I just wish controllers weren't so retardedly expensive so I could afford to buy one that's not this for a price that's not the price of a AAA videogame experience

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Bloodborne is only bad in that it did everything Souls clones could have done to stand out from From games, so now we just have the best souls game instead of several good souls games

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Sleeveless posted:

this is only an issue if you're looking at your controller each time it tells you to press a button, they all map to the same positions on ds3/4 pad so you just press the same drat button

Jon Do posted:

yeah clearly i need to get ahold of one for myself and try it but i thought it was worth asking

anyone else here have bad hand cramps on 360 but much less on ds3 to weigh in on ds4 ergonomics?

i dont have cramps on a 360 pad, but xbox pads and ps pads both have different intended grips. xbox pads are chunkier and basically want you to have full contact on your hand at all times, ps pads are held with a lighter and looser grip and the ds4 is the same. if you like the ds3 you'll like the ds4, its the same basic concept but the grip is much more comfortable, the pad is slightly wider. the sticks are a lot better, they're tighter and not as loose feeling, and the tops are much more comfortable. the l2/r2 triggers are fantastic, the ds3s arent very good but the ds4s fix everything wrong with them; they're angled better and have a lip so your fingers dont come off and have a more even resistance and end solidly instead of feeling mushy like the ds3. the dpad is kind of mid way between the ds3s softer pad and the vitas clicky one. the buttons are clickier than the ds3 but in a good way. the other main thing for PC use thats pretty big though is that the touchpad can be mapped to the mouse, so for games with half assed controller implementations or for light windows use (like switching game) you dont have to reach for the mouse. its a really good pad, just try and get one of the non-black ones because there are still a couple of the original runs out in the wild which have an issue with the plastic on the left stick coming off.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
I think I have a problem: I own all 4 season pro modes in pinball arcade.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

theultimo posted:

I think I have a problem: I own all 4 season pro modes in pinball arcade.

I bought Addams Family and don't think I'll ever need another table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Stux posted:

ds4 owns

fukken sweet, im sold

• Locked thread