Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

pillsburysoldier posted:

Tell me about the strengths and shortcomings of your starting QBs, or your QBs battling to start for y'all.
Arizona's Anu Solomon.

Strengths:
Smart decision-maker
Average arm

Weaknesses:
Average athleticism (this is RichRod's offense after all)
Average arm
Accuracy on short throws

Really, he faded down the stretch but was pretty good in the first half of the season. I'm very excited to see how he improves. The biggest weakness is his speed, but he's fast enough. He will not burn you like Pat White or Denard Robinson, and it seems like RichRod isn't after the kind of QB he recruited at WVU or Michigan. He seems happy with a guy that's more of a pocket passer at Arizona. Arizona's passing game was a lot of bombs so we will see how he develops and if he can be a more consistent passer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
At least if he doesn't pan out you can call him Anus

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Sash! posted:

I don't know what Hack's strength or weakness is because he got sacked

Well, his strength would be gunslinger cannon arm that has a tiny random chance of hitting a jackpot

everything else is weakness. we will suck and some dumb rear end team like the bears will draft him in the top 10

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Having a highly-touted freshman QB coming in is so god drat bizarre. His strengths are "Potentially incredible at every aspect of being a QB", but his weakness is "Is a freshman and might actually be terrible at every aspect of being a QB".

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Just about the only thing I know about Connor Mitch is that he threw 63 TD's and zero interceptions his senior year of high school. I prefer to live in bliss until the inevitable moment Spurrier yanks him after throwing 5 interceptions.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I'm a few pages late on this, but

Shane Morris
Pros: Cannon for an arm
Surprising mobility
Short Memory

Cons:
Awful Decision Making
Awful Accuracy
Short Memory

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Really, he faded down the stretch but was pretty good in the first half of the season. I'm very excited to see how he improves. The biggest weakness is his speed, but he's fast enough. He will not burn you like Pat White or Denard Robinson, and it seems like RichRod isn't after the kind of QB he recruited at WVU or Michigan. He seems happy with a guy that's more of a pocket passer at Arizona. Arizona's passing game was a lot of bombs so we will see how he develops and if he can be a more consistent passer.

In Denard's sophomore season with Michigan he was a really good passer and had like a 65% completion percentage.

But, I'll give you the 'a lot of bombs' comment, Denard didn't go deep deep a ton.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Jeremor posted:

Just about the only thing I know about Connor Mitch is that he threw 63 TD's and zero interceptions his senior year of high school. I prefer to live in bliss until the inevitable moment Spurrier yanks him after throwing 5 interceptions.

That is really impressive

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Regnevelc posted:

In Denard's sophomore season with Michigan he was a really good passer and had like a 65% completion percentage.

But, I'll give you the 'a lot of bombs' comment, Denard didn't go deep deep a ton.
Denard was a good passer, but Michigan passed a lot less (in terms of sheer attempts and run/pass ratio) than Arizona has in the past few years. That's my impression at least.

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 23, 2015

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Jake Coker:
Pros: Athletic and lumbering, is basically Frankenstein's QB
Strong arm
Lots of promising QBs behind him if he doesn't pan out

Cons:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q-F7D8ogwZk

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Raku posted:

Jake Coker:
Pros: Athletic and lumbering, is basically Frankenstein's QB
Strong arm
Lots of promising QBs behind him if he doesn't pan out

Cons:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q-F7D8ogwZk

I forgot also that Kiffin is the OC there now, so it makes sense that the QB position at 'Bama is going to figure more prominently moving forward.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Roasted Donut posted:

Well, his strength would be gunslinger cannon arm that has a tiny random chance of hitting a jackpot

everything else is weakness. we will suck and some dumb rear end team like the bears will draft him in the top 10

He's going to end up winning like nine Super Bowls and we'll all be like "you've got to be kidding me" because the Texans got him and somehow O'Brien is a dark wizard

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Chad Kelly

Pros: Chad Kelly
Cons: Chad Kelly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28V8U32RdB8

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Pat Mahomes

Pros:
Mobile enough to escape the pocket
Decent downfield arm
Good short accuracy
Quandray Diggs has graduated

Cons:
True Sophomore with 4 games started
Our OL doesn't know how to not hold on scambles

Davis Webb

Pros:
Good downfield arm
No longer hurt
Not Baker Mayfield
Did not transfer

Cons:
Statuesque figure
Known for throwing really confusing, terrible interceptions 2-3 times a game.

Mahomes is probably going to ultimately be the starter, but Webb will get a chance to show that he's not going to throw more interceptions.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Rutgers Starting QB:

Pros:
Is not Gary Nova.
Cons:
I have no clue who the starting QB is.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

vyst posted:

Hopefully it's not as hideous as the Marlins stadium

The Marlins stadium is a goddam masterpiece. What would be more out of place than a classy, normal looking stadium in Miami?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Rice's Driphus Jackson:

Pro:
Senior returning starter
Does all the usual spread quarterback things
Unusual name

Con:
Streaky
Gets sacked a lot
Will probably have to score 50 points per game because Rice's defense is going to be even worse next year

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

At least if he doesn't pan out you can call him Anus

when they bench him they can say they want anus tart at QB

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Regnevelc posted:

I'm a few pages late on this, but

Shane Morris
Pros: Cannon for an arm
Surprising mobility
Short Memory

Cons:
Awful Decision Making
Awful Accuracy
Short Memory

I would be surprised if Shane Morris ever started another game for Michigan. Given how Harbaugh is raking in every transfer he can find and the true freshmen qbs are talked up more than him...

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Kyle Flood makes Mike London look like Nick Saban. Can we please have some priorities here?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I would be surprised if Shane Morris ever started another game for Michigan. Given how Harbaugh is raking in every transfer he can find and the true freshmen qbs are talked up more than him...

I was making a concussion joke.

Morris will transfer prior to the season, I'm betting.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Kim Jong Il posted:

Kyle Flood makes Mike London look like Nick Saban. Can we please have some priorities here?

More than 1 coach can be bad

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004
Mike Riley was hired by Nebraska from Oregon State :tbear:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

SEC wants to abloobloo about satellite camps and make their in house rule an NCAA-wide rule. Honestly, gently caress it, camps for everyone everywhere.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
If they're going to regulate anything they might as well keep the carpet baggers out imho

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Well if the SEC doesn't want Northern Teams coming down to get exposure, then the Northern Teams should moan about the SEC Network being on TV in the North getting exposure there!

Why the hell Pittsburgh's CW channel is running fourth tier SEC games confuses me

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Sash! posted:

Well if the SEC doesn't want Northern Teams coming down to get exposure, then the Northern Teams should moan about the SEC Network being on TV in the North getting exposure there!

Why the hell Pittsburgh's CW channel is running fourth tier SEC games confuses me

Because they are more entertaining?

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

Kim Jong Il posted:

*checks records, UVa 4 losing seasons in 5 years, Rutgers 3 straight bowls*

Are you loving kidding me

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
First it was the AAC then a downgrade in competition in the Big Ten. Yeah, I went there. Flood also inherited Schiano's loaded roster, and the last of them are gone after this year.

Also his recruiting is far worse.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

"Hold my beer"

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Totally fake, I can see the pixels.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

vyst posted:

Because they are more entertaining?

Yes, the majesty of KENTUCKY VS VANDERBILT

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sash! posted:

Yes, the majesty of KENTUCKY VS VANDERBILT

i watched vanderbilt's opening game last year, that poo poo was entertaining as hell

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Kim Jong Il posted:

First it was the AAC then a downgrade in competition in the Big Ten. Yeah, I went there.

Rutgers lost to the three decent Big ten teams by an average of 39 points. Thanks again Delaney.

I'll take Kentucky vs Vanderbilt if you promise I never get wake forest, Pitt, North Carolina, or Virginia again.

Spacemonkey57 fucked around with this message at 21:16 on May 24, 2015

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Rutgers lost to the three decent Big ten teams by an average of 39 points. Thanks again Delaney.

But that has more to do with the inherent failures of Kyle Flood than the merits of the conference. Greg Schiano, in all his mediocrity, would have coasted to a winning conference record.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Stop me if you've heard this before, but Kyle Flood is the worst coach ever and is killing a legendary rutgers football program

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Roasted Donut posted:

Stop me if you've heard this before, but Kyle Flood is the worst coach ever and is killing a legendary rutgers football program

NO loving WAY

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Roasted Donut posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Go Seminoles

• Locked thread