Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Entrapment posted:

In criminal law, entrapment is a practice whereby a law enforcement agent induces a person to commit a criminal offense that the person would have otherwise been unlikely to commit. It is a conduct that is generally discouraged and thus, in many jurisdictions, it is a possible defense against criminal liability.

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I don't think taping a paper to the window is a crime.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

"Encrapment posted:

In criminal law, encrapment is a practice whereby a law enforcement agent induces a person to commit a nerd offense that the person would have otherwise been unlikely to commit. It is a conduct that is generally encouraged and thus, in many jurisdictions, it is a possible motive for being a dumbass.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Why do so many burglars take a poo poo on something while they're robbing houses?

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

-Troika- posted:

Why do so many burglars take a poo poo on something while they're robbing houses?

If I take a poo poo on your post, am I a burglar?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Turd Burglar. Hehh.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
99.9% of criminals are painfully stupid. Not only do they usually botch their burglaries, but once you have them in an interview room they usually talk themselves into a confession despite trying their best to lie.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Branis posted:

99.9% of criminals are painfully stupid. Not only do they usually botch their burglaries, but once you have them in an interview room they usually talk themselves into a confession despite trying their best to lie.

This is the truth. The average person does not realize how powerful a right simply shutting the gently caress up is. If you're arrested, the 2 sentences you need to say are "I will not answer questions. I want a lawyer." Part of the reason we have such an incredible prison overpopulation is the simple inability of Americans to stop arguing with loving everything, and talk themselves right into trouble.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Branis posted:

It's even better when they have a scheme they've cooked up. Some of the smuggling attempts I've seen at the border have been pretty funny, especially when you start questioning them.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

DrakeriderCa posted:

It's even better when they have a scheme they've cooked up. Some of the smuggling attempts I've seen at the border have been pretty funny, especially when you start questioning them.

These are hilarious down here, because every single one of them uses the same excuse.

"Oh, we just happened to run across these 3 men who don't speak any English, or have any ID in the parking lot at the grocery store and decided to give them a ride for an hour because we're such nice people! They're illegals? Oh my, I'm shocked, I simply had no idea! Imagine that, illegals in south Texas!"

It's - quite literally - the same excuse with only minor changes in phrasing on every single smuggling case.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Note to self: If three men in a south Texas parking lot ask me for a ride, say no.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Captain Bravo posted:

Note to self: If anyone in south Texas asks me for a ride, say no.

:eng101:

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Captain Bravo posted:

Note to self: If three men in a south Texas parking lot ask me for a ride, say no.

pussy

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Branis posted:

Like a guy that commits a quadruple murder but leaves behind his DNA on pizza crust at the crime scene and when he's caught, he's found with the money he ransom'ed??

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
We had a guy who wouldn't confess to a murder a couple years ago so we left him in the interview room with a pad & pen for about an hour saying "maybe you want to write something to the victims mother, you might feel better." Come back to a full confession written in the form of an apology :cop:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Rad Lieutenant posted:

We had a guy who wouldn't confess to a murder a couple years ago so we left him in the interview room with a pad & pen for about an hour saying "maybe you want to write something to the victims mother, you might feel better." Come back to a full confession written in the form of an apology :cop:

Didn't they do that in the first season of the Wire?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Flikken posted:

Didn't they do that in the first season of the Wire?

Yep

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Thats where we got the idea

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Fight to Fly. Fly to Fight. Fight to Win.
I take get my policing tips from SVU, personally.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
super troopers and the other guys for me.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

deratomicdog posted:

I take get my policing tips from SVU, personally.

Lifetime the TV series.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
CHiPs.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I love that "best cop shows" is like the most debated topic of these two threads.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Rad Lieutenant posted:

I love that "best cop shows" is like the most debated topic of these two threads.

if i were a cop i would wanna be like vic mackey.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
I take all my law enforcement moves from Night Court

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
paul blart

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN7pkFNEg5c#t=180

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I was under the impression Reno 911 is far and away the best cop show.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Rad Lieutenant posted:

There is no debate, its Reno 911 and Southlabd

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
So this article on the smoking gun has been making the rounds lately:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/butt-lick-bribery-562913 posted:

MAY 26--A Louisiana woman is facing a public bribery charge after allegedly making an indecent proposal to the cop who arrested her for pummeling her live-in boyfriend, according to court records.

Diane Thomas, 52, was busted earlier this month for punching her beau in the face “multiple times” and scratching him with her fingernails during a confrontation in the couple’s Monroe home.

When Thomas was read her Miranda rights by a Monroe Police Department officer, she stated that her boyfriend was a “bitch,” adding that he “got in her face so she beat his rear end,” according to a May 16 probable cause affidavit.

After Thomas was handcuffed, she told Corporal Chris Ballard that she could not go to jail since she “has a good job.”

At that point, Thomas allegedly made Ballard an offer he would refuse.

"If you won't take me to jail I will get on my knees right now," she reportedly declared. "Officer I will even lick your butt hole."

Already facing a misdemeanor domestic abuse charge, Thomas was then hit with a felony public bribery count for allegedly offering to lick Corporal Ballard.

What is the best offer copgoons have gotten from some one not to go to jail?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Let's just say I've got a pretty clean butt hole.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Are all versions of public bribery felonies? Is there a misdemeanor one? I'm just wondering if maybe they're placing too much value on a rim job.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Reign Of Pain posted:

Are all versions of public bribery felonies? Is there a misdemeanor one? I'm just wondering if maybe they're placing too much value on a rim job.

Yeah, and I think the attractiveness (on a 1-10 scale) of the assailant should factor in as well. Like a 2 offering head should just be a $100 ticket for over playing your hand, while a 9 offering anal should be a minor felony because that poo poo is a legit temptation

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
I bet that officer was never so happy to write a report in which he could include the line "subject offered to lick my butthole"

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

a 9 offering anal should be a minor felony because that poo poo is a legit temptation

QFT

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I got offered a blowjob in return for being released. This was off a male prisoner who had been arrested for glassing his girlfriend in a pub.

I took great pleasure in writing it up and reading my notes in court while his family sat in the gallery.

"Yes, that's correct, Mr XYZ twice offered me fellatio in return for his release. He gave me no reason to believe that his offer was not sincere"

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
So how was he?

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Consent is such a turn off.

I gave it a miss.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
"I'll do everything your wife won't let you"

She got credit for creativity. Never went to trial though. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, and I think the attractiveness (on a 1-10 scale) of the assailant should factor in as well. Like a 2 offering head should just be a $100 ticket for over playing your hand, while a 9 offering anal should be a minor felony because that poo poo is a legit temptation

i agree, but the opposite.

• Locked thread