Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Is Psyduck actually Jerry Jewell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

why would you learn cantonese over english if youre white? Lisa sound like a race traitor, fail waifu

Her dad has a conversation with you about how he's sad his daughter speaks in Cantonese she picked up from Bruce Lee movies when Japanese is a much more beautiful language. :japan:

Also all her teachers think she speaks English fluently and wonder why she does poorly in that class since they are racist against whitey.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That Igor outfit automatically elevates this to Teddie's best appearance in a P4 spinoff. Even if he's still dumb and bad like in Q.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Beef Waifu posted:

I'd like to say that casting Jerry Jewell as Al is probably one of the best loving decisions the ADR director made and I cannot believe how good he does as him. Daichi and Airi are like the next best voices, but holy poo poo did they knock Al out of the park.

I was surprised by what they did with Airi, I expected her to have a generic obnoxious bratty kid voice but the way her VA reads her lines actually makes her a lot more likeable.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Having played Bravely Default it's pretty funny to have a character named Airi voiced by Edea.

Terper fucked around with this message at 14:50 on May 21, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ChaosArgate posted:

Is Psyduck actually Jerry Jewell?

It has to be him. If it's not then Haberkorn is better at hiding his voice than he should be, but it's still missing the main part of Haberkorn's voice where it's a bit rough. Al's voice is too smooth and clear to be Haberkorn and the only other VA I've heard who sounds anything like Al is Jewell. It's especially his inflection upon saying "SHINING ONE" that makes me think it's him because it sounds exactly like Kaworu from the Rebuild movies. It's also not unheard of for Funi VAs to start doing voice work in Cali, so I'm not entirely ruling it out.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

It's Haberkorn, and he knocked it out of the park with this one.

Thuryl posted:

I was surprised by what they did with Airi, I expected her to have a generic obnoxious bratty kid voice but the way her VA reads her lines actually makes her a lot more likeable.
I see you blocked out the scene where you praise her as she shits on all of the other woman except Makoto.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Freak Futanari posted:

They should really just put Mara's actual theme in the game instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDtpib-xzd4

(im still mad about the western Imagine servers getting shut down.)

oh my god the english language version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiZ30j59200

i think this is the most engrish thing ever

it beats out lone prayer by a loving mile at the very least

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I want to know what the lyrics to a legit sounding theme for a giant green penis could possibly be.

Edit: I just realized they used Amazing Grace during the demon voice part.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 21, 2015

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I can't tell a single word but that sure is a catchy tune. Even the Death Metal.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Light Gun Man posted:

I'm fine with the server being shut down, as long as someone makes a private one where all the cash shop bullshit is free eventually.

Just distribute it amongst the umpteen variants of the demons.

Like, make Dominion drop the Wings of Dominion at 1% chance. Make a boss variant drop the black ones.

Also add costume slots because really, why would you not? My understanding is you had to do something stupid like transfer stats to another item and just wear that. Just put in the drat costume slots.

It would take a hell of a lot of work, though. Apparently the game was programmed in a very byzantine fashion. CAVE is also extremely against any foreign language version for some reason.

It really won't happen though. It didn't really attract the kind of fanbase that would justify the effort.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 21, 2015

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t1x3vxDaCU

Hell yeah DAN cross-dressing.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Paid DLC for the best costumes? ATLU$$$ :argh:

That Period remix at the end sounded pretty cool. And was that cyan silhouette Kanji in a Thriller jacket?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

No Teddie?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Really Pants posted:

Paid DLC for the best costumes? ATLU$$$ :argh:

That Period remix at the end sounded pretty cool. And was that cyan silhouette Kanji in a Thriller jacket?

No, I believe that was Kanji wrapped in seaweed.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Worst Girl posted:

No Teddie?
All of the DLC sets have only used three characters to show them off (Gekkokan used Yu, Chie and Yukiko; Golden Epilogue used Yosuke, Naoto and Rise). It's safe to assume that Teddie will get his cross-dressing outfit as well.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

W.T. Fits posted:

No, I believe that was Kanji wrapped in seaweed.

Google says " costume "festival transvestite + seaweed set"" so :getin:.

I don't know if I'm more excited for the game or the DLC at this point

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Keep telling myself I won't buy DAN, but that's quickly becoming a lie. Throw me in a Persona Dumpster.

Also quoting this from the Vita thread.

Help Im Alive posted:

It's here to stay, get used to it

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
If the seaweed costume actually makes it in that might actually push me to get the game. And the DLC.

Darn it Atlus.

Still waiting on playable Dojima though.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Give me dancing Dojima Atlus you fucks

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

Moltrey posted:

Keep telling myself I won't buy DAN, but that's quickly becoming a lie. Throw me in a Persona Dumpster.

Also quoting this from the Vita thread.

Help Im Alive posted:

It's here to stay, get used to it

I think I need to go pray...

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I cannot get Io's fate level above 1. It's already Wednesday and I've wasted a lot of events on her just to try and get joint skill crack. Grr

Edit: just talked to her about her dead parents and the strength of our bonds increased lol

littleorv fucked around with this message at 04:03 on May 23, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

littleorv posted:

I cannot get Io's fate level above 1. It's already Wednesday and I've wasted a lot of events on her just to try and get joint skill crack. Grr

That's odd, her fate levels pretty drat quick. A good number of her events are kind of plot-mandated though so they offer poo poo gains.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I can now hang out with cool characters like Airi. Is there any character's fate level I should level for plot reasons or am I free to do as I please?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

littleorv posted:

I can now hang out with cool characters like Airi. Is there any character's fate level I should level for plot reasons or am I free to do as I please?

If it's anything like the original game, hang out with characters you don't agree with but still want in your party for the final battle.

Also just make sure Io has a decent Fate if you want her around.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

ApplesandOranges posted:

If it's anything like the original game, hang out with characters you don't agree with but still want in your party for the final battle.

Also just make sure Io has a decent Fate if you want her around.

I don't think Fate has anything to do with it. You just need to do the required event (and maybe dialogue choice?), and I made it with her Fate still at 1.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
yamato's route is rad because it's the "hang out with horrible people" route

and makoto

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i feel evil power filling me as i fight for a meritocracy

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i walked up to jungo and shouted "YOU'RE ALL INCOMPETENT" and he ran away. also i failed to recruit daichi. this is a fun run

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I can never bring myself to be mean to these fictional characters. :negative:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
mean? hmph... your fear of "meanness" is what's dragging this society down

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Jungo, Daichi, and Airi are the only characters I want to team up with. I hope they all agree with each other.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Strange Quark posted:

I don't think Fate has anything to do with it. You just need to do the required event (and maybe dialogue choice?), and I made it with her Fate still at 1.

She has to be at Fate 3 by the end of the required event, unless Jungo's dead already.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dragonatrix posted:

She has to be at Fate 3 by the end of the required event, unless Jungo's dead already.

They must have changed it for Record Breaker then, because everyone was alive on my run and she didn't get Fate 2 until after the specific map.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

littleorv posted:

Jungo, Daichi, and Airi are the only characters I want to team up with. I hope they all agree with each other.

good taste, mate.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Started Nocturne again and I just electrocuted and shoulder tackled a manta ray hell demon in a hospital until it died. I've done this all before once, but Nocturne still has a cool first couple hours. Plan to keep playing it for real this time!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Moltrey posted:

Started Nocturne again and I just electrocuted and shoulder tackled a manta ray hell demon in a hospital until it died. I've done this all before once, but Nocturne still has a cool first couple hours. Plan to keep playing it for real this time!

I just did the same thing and wandered straight into loving Matador with a bunch of force-weak demons.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Pardon my interruption everyone, I have a quick question. Or maybe not so quick, I dunno.

I've been a JRPG fanatic all my life but recently I've gotten addicted to WRPG's because I like roleplaying and I like being able to make choices and effect the plot. I had SMT recommended to me by a few people elsewhere because of this.

I know there are supposed to be Paths in some of the SMT games with Law vs. Chaos or something but is that just the main SMT games or does it cross over into Persona and the other spinoffs? Do I alter the storyline and stuff depending on my choices in all the SMT games? Or is it not even a choice by choice basis and more like you pick a side at the start and then just continue down that route?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it's in most anything except Persona. In most games at the start of the last act of the game, you can choose between law, neutral and chaos paths, but every path may not be available to you based on earlier cosmetic choices which change your alignment.

Devil Survivor is probably the most malleable based on your choices, since your choices of available paths are based on how your earlier choices have shaped the setting (who's alive and who's dead, how much you know about different subjects, etc.) unlike in some games where the narrative is in the exact same place when you make your decision, except the game will just tell you that you're too law aligned to do chaos, or vice versa. Also Devil Survivor fits into the Law, Chaos, Neutral route, but it's a little more creative about it since there are multiple neutral routes, multiple chaos routes, and a bad route as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Which one of the DeSu2 characters has the most sex appeal? I don't think I'll be allowed to use Jungo for that.