Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mewse
May 2, 2006

At least they have a cooling solution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I will never understand how people live with waterfalls like that. Cable management is cheap. Cables are cheap. It takes no more time to do it properly than to do it stupidly.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
For a lot of places I think it's because they slowly add a few cables at a time, and when they finally realize how bad it has become it seems too big a problem to fix.

And then I get a job at that place and cleeeeeean it all up.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream

CitizenKain posted:

Awww, look who found out the adult world doesn't care how special and unique you think you are.

No kidding, right?

GargleBlaster
Mar 17, 2008

Stupid Narutard

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Eh I am done posting on this subforum, it has no more use for me anymore. You don't have to worry about me anymore.

This is my final post in this subforum.

Wow you sound er, exactly like a brooding anime character, like the avatar appears to be. Are you roleplaying or something?
I'd love it if timekeeping (we clock on and off and are disciplined for regular >1min lates) or not being able to waltz in dressed as Fluttershy were the only problems I have at work but the real world is a bit more... how to put it.... organised? Sensible?

Heard that one before. Cya later!

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
Don't they also do suicide a lot in animus?

GargleBlaster
Mar 17, 2008

Stupid Narutard
That or go insane and burn down a village just to spite the unfair world

mewse
May 2, 2006

I dipped into DAF's post history to see how he's doing post sh/sc, from what I can tell he ran off to the anime subforum and started buying everyone avatars because he doesn't care about money, and makes so much money

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
I'm all for running a guy out of town but there's no reason to dip into a guy's personal life, and if it's outside of one of the 3-4 threads that I read that he posted in, that's his personal life.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I'm all for running a guy out of town but there's no reason to dip into a guy's personal life, and if it's outside of one of the 3-4 threads that I read that he posted in, that's his personal life.
For real, I've never seen so many people posting about how terrible he is and he just said he's not coming back. Let him go.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

anthonypants posted:

For real, I've never seen so many people posting about how terrible he is and he just said he's not coming back. Let him go.

Its not the first time.

But serious, DAF I hope you find the life the want where you do VM magic by day and dress up like a anime thing or whatever. But realize what you desire in life isn't the same as what others do, and it isn't because they don't push themselves to the limit, its because something else is more important.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Seriously my boss asked me what hours I normally work when I interviewed and i'm like "uhhhhhhh like 8.30-5" and he laughed in response "you'd be the first one in by a hours"

Now i'm like 11-7pm only because we have a standup at 11 and dinner at 5.30. Some days i'll come in at 9.45 so i can grab breakfast.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

I just realised that VMworld is in town this year, if DAF wants to get lit I'm afraid we don't have any breastaurants in the area but I know of a couple good bars in the area.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

CitizenKain posted:

Its not the first time.

But serious, DAF I hope you find the life the want where you do VM magic by day and dress up like a anime thing or whatever. But realize what you desire in life isn't the same as what others do, and it isn't because they don't push themselves to the limit, its because something else is more important.

i don't understand the point of forum dramas.. don't yall have social lives outside of this forum???

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Agreed, and while his attitude was incredibly grating I think it's time to move on.

mewse
May 2, 2006

A3th3r posted:

i don't understand the point of forum dramas.. don't yall have social lives outside of this forum???

I'll have you know I have many certifications and make TONS of money

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!

A3th3r posted:

The shift key is over there - - - - - - - >

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

luminalflux posted:

Seriously my boss asked me what hours I normally work when I interviewed and i'm like "uhhhhhhh like 8.30-5" and he laughed in response "you'd be the first one in by a hours"

Now i'm like 11-7pm only because we have a standup at 11 and dinner at 5.30. Some days i'll come in at 9.45 so i can grab breakfast.

Late morning buddies for life. I basically wake up at 9:55 and roll into my morning Skype meeting at 10.

I used to have a job that made me wake up at 7, like some sort of savages.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Ursine Asylum posted:

Late morning buddies for life. I basically wake up at 9:55 and roll into my morning Skype meeting at 10.

I work from 8am-4pm. I haven't been able to sleep in past 8 for years and years. If I started work at 11, I have no idea what I'd do myself for all those hours in the morning. Better to work early and get out early, just in time for happy hour. :cheers:

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Sirotan posted:

I work from 8am-4pm. I haven't been able to sleep in past 8 for years and years. If I started work at 11, I have no idea what I'd do myself for all those hours in the morning. Better to work early and get out early, just in time for happy hour. :cheers:

Ayup.
I don't start until 9 am. I'd rather start at 7, so I'd be out and could enjoy my afternoon. I'm awake at 5am with the wife anyways, why not start work earlier.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Pissing me off today: ssh ProxyCommand and kerberos.

code:
Host *.secure.example.com
    GSSAPIAuthentication yes
    GSSAPIDelegateCredentials yes
    ProxyCommand ssh -W %h:%p gateway.example.com
Does what you'd expect on the first hop and uses the a tgt to connect to gateway (and get a tgt there) but then falls back to password auth on secure. Every time I think I've got a handle on kerberos & ssh something like this happens.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl
Your ticket isn't forwardable

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I have a set of tools I always need to bring out when dealing with Kerberos authentication issues.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
I would love to come in late and leave late. Sadly, having a family means that I have to do the opposite.

What up out the door at 6am and 4pm crowd? :sigh:

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

GOOCHY posted:

The shift key is over there - - - - - - - >

Point Taken... :)

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Ursine Asylum posted:

When I lived in Mexico City I had to get up at 6 to catch the carpool at 6:55 so we could beat the traffic and also be able to chat with Europe. That sucked but my afternoons I got off early at least

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

evol262 posted:

Your ticket isn't forwardable

No, I've got a forwardable ticket. Then again, I've also got our security guy taking a look tomorrow morning. Right now it's whisky o'clock.

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Ursine Asylum posted:

late morning are the best

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

DigitalRaven posted:

Pissing me off today: ssh ProxyCommand and kerberos.

code:
    GSSAPIAuthentication yes
Does what you'd expect on the first hop and uses the a tgt to connect to gateway (and get a tgt there) but then falls back to password auth on secure. Every time I think I've got a handle on kerberos & ssh something like this happens.

Does gateway have the .ssh/config set up in such a way that it continues forwarding credentials? I’m not a unix wizard, but kerberos auth might not be automagically forwarded like ssh keys are with proxycommand.

e: Yep, just tried it with mine. If you change it to:

code:
    GSSAPIAuthentication yes

Host gateway.example.com
    GSSAPIAuthentication yes
then it should allow a full passthrough with no auth queries. You just need to add an additional Host line for each host you ProxyCommand to in the chain on your initial host.

Alliterate Addict fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 25, 2015

Swink
Apr 18, 2006
Left Side <--- Many Whelps
Gah what is the good irc channel these days?

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?

Swink posted:

Gah what is the good irc channel these days?

There is #bofh which is mine, and is goon friendly as long as you aren't a jerk.

There is also #sysadmin but they don't take kindly to goonerisims.

Swink
Apr 18, 2006

nitrogen posted:

There is #bofh which is mine, and is goon friendly as long as you aren't a jerk.

There is also #sysadmin but they don't take kindly to goonerisims.

Edit - found it. Thanks.

Also, are goonerisms a thing that I want to be around?

Swink fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 26, 2015

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Freenode?

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?

Kazinsal posted:

Freenode?

Synirc. On mobile, but Google it. Synirc.net I think.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

People still use IRC?

Swink
Apr 18, 2006
Everyone uses Slack now. Chat has come full circle.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Tab8715 posted:

People still use IRC?

It's a pretty great way to not only bitch about your users but also bounce off ideas/problems with other IT people. And just chat. #bofh on synirc is a nice place to hang, we set it up after the #sysadmin owners started banning people for merely mentioning the existence of SA. Don't waste your time there.

Join via Mibbit: http://chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23bofh&server=irc.synirc.net

If there's any downside to IRC it's that I tend to now do all my complaining about users there instead of in one of the IT threads. Or maybe it's an upside for you all. :v:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Volmarias posted:

I would love to come in late and leave late. Sadly, having a family means that I have to do the opposite.

What up out the door at 6am and 4pm crowd? :sigh:

Ugh. 10 hour days.

6:30 - 2:30 with the understanding that I take any late meetings from my home office (if I'm not already working from home). I love it because I'm a morning person, and *mostly* miss the Chicago area rush hour both ways. Traffic is still heavy, but no stop and go bullshit which would turn my 30-35 minute commute to a 60-90 minute hell-ride for the days I go into the office.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Sirotan posted:

It's a pretty great way to not only bitch about your users but also bounce off ideas/problems with other IT people. And just chat. #bofh on synirc is a nice place to hang, we set it up after the #sysadmin owners started banning people for merely mentioning the existence of SA. Don't waste your time there.

Join via Mibbit: http://chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23bofh&server=irc.synirc.net

If there's any downside to IRC it's that I tend to now do all my complaining about users there instead of in one of the IT threads. Or maybe it's an upside for you all. :v:

I used to idle #sysadmin but that was years ago, what happened?

EDIT:Wow, there are actually people in the channel :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swink
Apr 18, 2006
As long as I can whine there without clogging up the forum. It's going well so far.